It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: ForteanOrg
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

You say "53-57 percent" - they say TWENTY..
And you trust and believe Bloomberg. Up to you.

Lol, after the hilarious fail of pollsters at last year's General Election I don't even look at them any more.
We shall see on the day.

As an aside, we can imagine that all UKIP voters from last year will vote leave, so that would be 12.6% of vote share.
Lets pretend half of Conservative voters will vote leave, that's 18.4%
How about half of Labour voters choosing leave, another 15.2%, which would add up to 46.2%

Then add to that a possible rush of votes by people who don't usually get involved in politics but 'could' be passionate about leaving the EU for whatever reasons, then it could easily be a win for leave.
Pure playful speculation, but the 20% figure is clearly ridiculous and only a clown would post a link to such rubbish as supporting evidence in a reasoned debate.

All I hear is people talking about wanting to vote leave, I hope my anecdotal testimony is indicative of the wider nation.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Obama/USA would like to keep UK just the way it is. Somebody they can rely on to support them in all their devious endeavours and somebody sitting at the top table in EU who can swing things their way and make excuses why USA should be causing mayhem in places like Ukraine and getting away with it.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

If 'having a say in the EU' is that important to you, then why do you leave? You won't have ANY say in the matter anymore if you do - and will still have to agree to most if not all EU legislation.

Having a say in the EU? You are having a laugh?

The EU is a deaf undemocratic organisation.

Likewise I might say "can you imagine the future problems in the UK if you leave".

Life is full of problems .... the beauty of being OUT is we can solve our own

problems in the way we wish to without being dictated to.

Being deprived of a valuable workforce

Having control of our own borders we will be able to pick and choose a work force

of talent of our choosing.

having to pay taxes to import EU goods and again to export yours,

LOL!!

We will have *loads of money* once we stop paying the EU for the 'privilege' of

being in the EU club.

being required to ask for a visum if you want to visit the continent - and having to stand at the back of the line when you seek work in the EU.

A passport is a very valuable document in every day life without leaving

the UK. I need it for banking and proof of identity etc. etc. don't find it a

problem. As for visa's they are used in many other countries i have had to

have them at various times, cant see why they are considered a problem??

they are used to an open Europe, in which you can travel freely, in which rules and regulations are agreeable and comparable

That is a non reason... I travelled freely without restrictions before the EU

and it is no different now than it was then... You're forgetting many countries

are closing their borders at the present despite of M/s Merkel!

and in which you can talk to almost everybody in English (even in France,[/b ]

I wonder why that would be?? this small nonentity of an island has the language

that is recognised as the *world language in business*, and is the most spoken

language in the world...No doubt even used by the EU in all trading agreements

done by them whether we leave or not

you Brits should count your blessings).

We will when we are OUT and free AGAIN!!!!!

so, remember: the Brits BEGGED to enter the freemarket,

BEGGED?? slight, no huge exaggeration there! and yes we agreed to a marketing

partnership *not a united states of Europe*

they ran a weak economy and there was a lot of poverty in the UK. After they joined, they caught up quickly which brought them to the current (EU) standard. They will fall back just as quickly if they leave, mark my words.

Economies go up and down all the time even in the EU. The UK had no

more poverty than anyone else. I was in the UK then, were you?

In the 60's I travelled in France, and Germany, Spain and Italy and they were not

up to UK standard then, i don't know how you can say EU standards were higher....

were you even there

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Lol, excellently broken down quoted reply which I mostly agree wholeheartedly with

I was close to doing the same but I couldn't be arsed because the member is a confirmed europhile who does not recognise sovereign nation states as a thing in the 21st century.
...I also disregarded it as the irrelevant musings of a member from an EU nation who does not have the vote.

*Edit*
I also love that citizens of EU nations living in the UK do not have the vote, as they did in the Scottish referendum lol
Some Scots nationalist members of ATS hate it and it makes me chuckle.

edit on 23.4.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I was thinking today about the voting, and the Scottish referendum, of which i was

not at all surprised at the results, because the stay voters were very quiet during

the campaigning probably due to the haranguing they would get from the SNP

supporters, what i term the *silent majority.*

I got to wondering about Jeremy Corbyn, now he is the labour leader he is toeing

the party line, and at the same time is very silent with his support of the *IN*

campaign.

I was reading today that David Cameron is very disappointed that he isn't taking

a more active and vocal part in campaigning, and that he is sucking up to Ed Balls

to try to get a more active labour support....LOL!!.

Anyway it is well known that Corbyn personally doesn't support the *IN* lobby, it

goes against the grain, and he is toeing the party line .....

What do you think he will do when he gets into the polling booth
When he

is alone

Will he be one of the *silent majority*.
edit on 23-4-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

What do you think he will do when he gets into the polling booth

I reckon he'll vote 'leave' on the sly as many people may....good on him.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
ANOTHER little known fact on how the EU is deconstructing the UK

The MD of a small surgical equipment company of almost 100 years

standing explaining how the EU impacts unfavourably on our small

successful companies,
and pushes costs up, which again impacts on

the cost of living.

This interference is crippling and uncalled for

All this is under the guise of *health and safety* ..... I believe our own

*health and safety* is more than adequate Why the need to double up

2 x the interference ...

2 x the cost ...

Do we need that
No we don't Lets GET OUT NOW

leave.eu...

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

You say "53-57 percent" - they say TWENTY..
And you trust and believe Bloomberg. Up to you.

Lol, after the hilarious fail of pollsters at last year's General Election I don't even look at them any more.
We shall see on the day.

As an aside, we can imagine that all UKIP voters from last year will vote leave, so that would be 12.6% of vote share.
Lets pretend half of Conservative voters will vote leave, that's 18.4%
How about half of Labour voters choosing leave, another 15.2%, which would add up to 46.2%

Then add to that a possible rush of votes by people who don't usually get involved in politics but 'could' be passionate about leaving the EU for whatever reasons, then it could easily be a win for leave.
Pure playful speculation, but the 20% figure is clearly ridiculous and only a clown would post a link to such rubbish as supporting evidence in a reasoned debate.

All I hear is people talking about wanting to vote leave, I hope my anecdotal testimony is indicative of the wider nation.
So of the votes cast 46% IN + 54% OUT = BREXIT. I am not fooled by the elite controlled media. There figures are so far out of reality that I suspect they know they are in big trouble hence what they present. This is a deliberate act of deception hoping to convince the minds of voters that IN is a good thing and so many people cant be wrong. However, I believe that people in general have an idea of what is happening and thats sufficient for the OUT campaign to win! I also wouldn't readily dismiss Pollstations www.pollstation.uk... 80% Leave with over 28500 voters as not significant. Like I said earlier it will be 100,000 votes by 23 June 2016 and if that still shows a significant lead for Leave then we should take notice.

This point needs to be conveyed to the people of the UK!

edit on 24-4-2016 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   

I guess it will depend on voter turn out as well, I suspect that leave voters will be more motivated than remain folk so could pull it off.
That is my hope at least.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

I guess it will depend on voter turn out as well, I suspect that leave voters will be more motivated than remain folk so could pull it off.
That is my hope at least.
Concur. But I suspect that the voters will come out in numbers to assist the Leave vote! Immigration and Sovereignty are big issues for Brits!!

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Have you factored in VOTE RIGGING as suspected happened in Scottish Referendum

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
If the vote is rigged anyway as are the polls that favour the IN campaign in then we can look forward to remaining in the EU. This will in 10 years provide to be the 2nd worse decision in UK political history. The first being joining the EU in the first place.

More should be made of this:

When we joined the EU there was much uncertainty but it didn't stop us doing it!! So voting to Leave is no different with benefits!

We didn't join the Euro amid claims that if we didn't that it would be a disaster for the UK. Well we didn't and it wasn't a disaster just as leaving the EU won't be!

edit on 24-4-2016 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Your right joining in the first place was a mistake. We joined a Common Market, which by another name is a Trading Agreement and see how it has developed into a monster.

People should be worried about TTIP which in my view is the next stage in One World Order.

TTiP is essentially a Trading Agreement just as the Common Market was and if we are dragged into TTiP along with being in EU then if you think things are bad now just wait till we are taking instructions from Washington and not Brussels.

Another 50 years down the line and basically the whole planet will be governed by a few people.

Maybe it's a good idea and maybe it's not. I'm not sure.

BTW in my view the whole Climate Change agenda is simply a tool used by the elites to scare folks into going along with giving up their rights and be governed by distant councils who have our, the human race, best interests in mind.

Actually they just want to increase their market share.

Edit to add:

English people should in my opinion do as the Scots. Take back their country. Fly your flag, the St George's Cross. Be proud to be English, not British.

Britain and the British Empire should be consigned to the history books. Go back to being yourselves. Fight for your country as the Scots are doing. Decide you are not going to be part of a larger union with anyone but control your own destiny, decide who comes into your country, what laws you want to bring in, you vote for who you want to be in charge and what system of government you want. Not somebody else, not the Scots, not the Europeans, not the Americans. My god I wish you would wake up and see what I'm saying. I'm on your side. I want England to be independent and successful just as I want Scotland to be the same.

I do not want to be part of any union which controls me and my country, but also I have no desire to be in any union where I control other people and other countries either. England seems to want to be independent but also want to control other people and countries. I think it far better for countries to be independent and have mutual working arrangements and mutual respect for other countries whilst remaining true to their core beliefs and values.
edit on b331116334 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
President Obama is entitled to his opinion, However he is not entitled to

preach to a country how he believes they should act - not for

their benefit but for what he wants for his countrymen!

I am sure the Americans or Obama would not appreciate our views on their

2nd amendment .... *the US gun laws*

When Obama made his pitch about.... if the UK left the EU they would

have to go to the back of the queue he should have checked some facts

and figures!

In 2015 the US sold £39 billion worth of goods to the UK, making us their

largest trading partner in Europe - as bigger market as France Spain and

Italy combined.

Is America really prepared to jeopardise its trading relationship with the

worlds fifth largest economy by sending them to the "back of the queue"

So lets stop all this talk of the UK being incapable and lost in the wilderness

with out the EU. We as a nation are being brow beaten and some are

beginning to believe the myth that we no longer have any clout.

Lets vote *OUT* and show the naysayers that the UK is still Great Britain

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

President Obama is entitled to his opinion, However he is not entitled to

preach to a country how he believes they should act - not for

their benefit but for what he wants for his countrymen!

I am sure the Americans or Obama would not appreciate our views on their

2nd amendment .... *the US gun laws*

When Obama made his pitch about.... if the UK left the EU they would

have to go to the back of the queue he should have checked some facts

and figures!

In 2015 the US sold £39 billion worth of goods to the UK, making us their

largest trading partner in Europe - as bigger market as France Spain and

Italy combined.

Is America really prepared to jeopardise its trading relationship with the

worlds fifth largest economy by sending them to the "back of the queue"

So lets stop all this talk of the UK being incapable and lost in the wilderness

with out the EU. We as a nation are being brow beaten and some are

beginning to believe the myth that we no longer have any clout.

Lets vote *OUT* and show the naysayers that the UK is still Great Britain

Concur! Obama underestimates the British. If he thinks Cameron is a typical Brit then he is in for a rude awakening!

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Some light on the subject of why Obama wants the UK to stay in the EU?

The US currently being in negotiations with the EU bloc - but the talks have not

been going well .... mainly because of the demands of the EU's multiple special

interests and French economic nationalism.

If the talks extend into the new US administration they could well FAIL!!

From *the Wall street Journal.www.wsj.com...

The UK Politicians have become lazy, sitting back and leaving the EU to do as

it likes. If we leave they will have to earn their salaries/expenses and be

accountable to the British public they will be unable to pass the buck and blame

the EU.

Britain has not negotiated on its own behalf for 40 odd years ....They will need

to get their act together and get up to speed and earn those salaries/expenses

maybe that's what our politicians are afraid of

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Some light on the subject of why Obama wants the UK to stay in the EU?

The US currently being in negotiations with the EU bloc - but the talks have not

been going well .... mainly because of the demands of the EU's multiple special

interests and French economic nationalism.

If the talks extend into the new US administration they could well FAIL!!

From *the Wall street Journal.www.wsj.com...

The UK Politicians have become lazy, sitting back and leaving the EU to do as

it likes. If we leave they will have to earn their salaries/expenses and be

accountable to the British public they will be unable to pass the buck and blame

the EU.

Britain has not negotiated on its own behalf for 40 odd years ....They will need

to get their act together and get up to speed and earn those salaries/expenses

maybe that's what our politicians are afraid of
We are the conduit that US needs hence the real reason why Obama's verbal D.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Theresa May now making speech saying we are more secure from crime and terrorism if we remain in the EU. She says that we can stop criminals and terrorists at the border (may be a few) but what about all those that don't have criminals records and all the unknown terrorist and potential terrorist and refugees once they get papers in another EU country.

She must be kidding!

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Latest from Vote Leave:

BBC: The Great Debate - On 21 June, the BBC will be holding a televised EU debate at the Wembley Arena. The event will feature senior representatives from Vote Leave and the IN campaign. To reserve your place click here.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Vote Leave to save our NHS

Today we launched our latest campaign advert action.voteleavetakecontrol.org... which warns of the dangers to the NHS of voting to stay in the EU. We send £350 million to the EU every week, money which would be much better spent on our priorities like the NHS.

Our public services are already under huge pressure from uncontrolled migration. As Michael Gove wrote in the Times www.thetimes.co.uk...
today, this will only get worse as countries such as Turkey, Macedonia and Albania join the EU. The Justice Secretary states that ‘we cannot guarantee the same access people currently enjoy to healthcare and housing if these trends continue’.

The only way to take back control of our borders and ease the pressure on our NHS and public services is to Vote Leave on 23 June.

Theresa May admits we can’t control migration whilst inside EU

The Home Secretary Theresa May said yesterday that free movement within the EU makes it harder to control immigration. www.voteleavetakecontrol.org... m_source=voteleave She admitted that EU membership makes this impossible and that David Cameron has failed to bring any powers back from the EU to change that.

More than a quarter of a million people came to the UK from the EU over the last twelve months – a city the size of Newcastle – which adds to the pressures on our NHS and other public services. After we Vote Leave we can create a fairer immigration policy which welcomes in the brightest and best from around the world, whilst easing the strain on our public services. Let’s take back control on 23 June.

UK in a strong position to strike a US trade deal

President Obama rounded off his trip to back the David Cameron’s IN campaign by warning that any UK/US trade deal could take up to a decade to complete. However, the evidence suggests otherwise. www.voteleavetakecontrol.org... urce=voteleave

The US signed major free trade agreements with Canada and Australia in under 2 years. Conversely, we have been a member of the EU for over 40 years yet Brussels has failed to strike a deal with the US. Further, the US has signed bilateral agreements with 20 countries - all with smaller economies than the UK’s - which contradicts Obama’s claim that they are only looking to deal with trading blocs.

The UK is a major export market for the US, with nearly $120 billion of American goods and services entering the UK market. As the fifth largest economy in the world, we are in a strong position to negotiate a deal to benefit both UK and US businesses after we Vote Leave on 23 June.

Today’s must reads:

The EU’s answer to its failures is to step on the accelerator, putting our jobs and public services in danger - Michael Gove, Times www.thetimes.co.uk...

Mayday: Pro-EU Home Secretary admits Britain is migrant magnet - Sun
www.thesun.co.uk...

Extremists free to travel to UK because EU states cannot agree on the definition of a 'foreign fighter’ - Telegraph (Saturday)
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Mass migration 'is damaging Britain': Leaked jobs report reveals civil servants' concern at EU influx - Mail (Saturday)
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Plans drawn up for European superstate - Sunday Times
www.thesundaytimes.co.uk...

‘Downing Street duo have lost faith in Britain’ - Sunday Times
www.thetimes.co.uk...

Welfare minister attacks migrant benefit reforms - Times (Saturday)
www.thetimes.co.uk...

Obama has every right to urge ‘remain’ — even if he’s got it all wrong - Dominic Lawson, Sunday Times
www.thetimes.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I was just looking on the government website and noticed that they have a sub-heading box on all the pages that gives a link to more information about the EU referendum...
www.gov.uk...

When you click that link you come to this page...
www.eureferendum.gov.uk...

And it's basically just a page of propaganda. Even their EU quiz is propaganda...
www.eureferendum.gov.uk...

Have a go at the quiz, it only takes 1 minute.

I bet even Kim Jong-un is blushing at the level of propaganda going on here.

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join