It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Listening to Obama respond to a reporters question about giving up sovereignty and whether the US would do it? The term Hypocrite was used!

Yeah like the US would allow any other court to supersede their Supreme Court, Obama is full of # and he knows it.

#voteleave folks

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Is that the "gang of four" David Owen? One of four moderate Labour MPs who broke away to form the Liberal Democrats because of Labour's anti-EU stance of the early 1980s?

I'm glad he's backing Brexit but I wish he'd make his mind up...
Every little bit helps regardless of where it comes from within the UK.

Input from the POTUS is inappropriate, misleading, hypocritical and threatening! Enough!

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Listening to Obama respond to a reporters question about giving up sovereignty and whether the US would do it? The term Hypocrite was used!

Yeah like the US would allow any other court to supersede their Supreme Court, Obama is full of # and he knows it.

#voteleave folks
I am currently listening to him and Cameron and Obama is well and truly FOS.

Today's farce will back fire on Cameron. You cant come to the UK in support of something and then threaten those you support. What f..king planet is Obama on.

Does he think that the British people will appreciate that! Me thinks not!

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I just watched them live as well, pair of pricks, I actually chuckled when he said basically don't expect trade deals with the US like a threat. He won't even be in charge of the US when/if we vote out and negotiate the terms of the EU exit.
Prick propaganda sideshow is all Obama's visit is...the people at the top in the world must really be scared that we vote out.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

It is, in essence, a breakdown of EU support amongst the generations (UK only) and which areas / people are more likely to vote remain / leave.

In short, the under 35's are overwhelmingly in favour of voting "remain". In addition, those towns with greater numbers of under and post graduates are also more likely to vote "remain".

It really doesn't surprise me after all they have only existed in the EU the older

voters have lived through both so know *which side of the bread the butter's on*

I also read somewhere and I found it highly patronising that the *IN* lobby were

telling all the 'young' voters to persuade their parents and grandparents to vote to

stay in because the 'youth' of today knew so much more about things.

Something else I seem to be seeing (I am watching many debates and programmes,

and reading up) Is it appears to be roughly two women to one man voting in favour

of leaving?

edit on 22-4-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I just watched them live as well, pair of pricks, I actually chuckled when he said basically don't expect trade deals with the US like a threat. He won't even be in charge of the US when/if we vote out and negotiate the terms of the EU exit.
Prick propaganda sideshow is all Obama's visit is...the people at the top in the world must really be scared that we vote out.
They are! Because if we leave the EU the OWG plan is impacted and delayed.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

My son is voting for his first time in the referendum, he's voting leave.
I'm not sure if our political discussions have influenced his choice or not, (I imagine probably) but he makes his own mind up about all things and I just share my honest informed opinion.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: Flavian

It is, in essence, a breakdown of EU support amongst the generations (UK only) and which areas / people are more likely to vote remain / leave.

In short, the under 35's are overwhelmingly in favour of voting "remain". In addition, those towns with greater numbers of under and post graduates are also more likely to vote "remain".

It really doesn't surprise me after all they have only existed in the EU the older

voters have lived through both so know *which side of the bread the butter's on*

I also read somewhere and I found it highly patronising that the *IN* lobby were

telling all the 'young' voters to persuade their parents and grandparents to vote to

stay in because the 'youth' of today knew so much more about things.

Something else I seem to be seeing (I am watching many debates and programmes,

and reading up) Is it appears to be roughly two women to one man voting in favour

of leaving?

Women are afraid of immigrants more they have probably heard about attacks on women in Calais, Germany and UK etc.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

The old geezers really think that the Empire can be resurrected. They forgot all about the poverty, strikes and wars..

Oh!! good heavens *What planet are you on*
You mean to say that there

is no poverty? or strikes and wars on planet earth

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I'm not sure if our political discussions have influenced his choice or not, (I imagine probably) but he makes his own mind up about all things and I just share my honest informed opinion.
I have 3 sons who are eligible and they are voting out. One is a surveyor the other is a trainee surveyor and the other installs alarm systems.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I had an interesting discussion with my nephew who is currently at University, when he paid a visit over the Easter break.

The referendum cropped up and he asked what way we intended to vote. Both myself and Mrs Cobaltic advised him of our intentions and he asked us why. Mrs Cobaltic mentioned the sums of money we give the E.U each year and his response was "Not this crap again". He really believes that the money we give the E.U is not a factor in the referendum.

I then mentioned the unelected commissioners who make E.U law and he was unaware that they existed. I asked him who he thought made the laws and he believed it was the MEP's.

When I asked him what he thought of the arguments being put forward by the leave camp, he said he had not read anything and had just listened to and read what the remain camp had to say on the matter. I suggested that he should look at both sides prior to the vote, because we would certainly not be getting another of our lifetime.

My son who is around two years older has looked at both sides of the debate and has decided that he agrees with the leave camp and will vote this way come June.

I don't know what they are teaching kids in university, but not to look at both sides of the argument prior to voting, seems to be encouraged.

Shame.
edit on 22/4/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

...mine is an apprentice plumber and on the different sites he works at he tells me most workers are voting out, citing cheap eastern European labourers as their main reasons.

They have a good point to be fair, it's strange how we make say doctors from Canada or India jump through all sorts of hoops to be allowed a work visa, but say an unskilled national of an EU country with multiple convictions for rape and violence wants to live and work here, they can just jump on a bus.

I support sovereign control over all immigration using the same needs based system as we do for countries outside of the EU.
I am not against immigration, just lack of control, sovereignty again.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

I had an interesting discussion with my nephew who is currently at University, when he paid a visit over the Easter break.

The referendum cropped up and he asked what way we intended to vote. Both myself and Mrs Cobaltic advised him of our intentions and he asked us why. Mrs Cobaltic mentioned the sums of money we give the E.U each year and his response was "Not this crap again". He really believes that the money we give the E.U is not a factor in the referendum.

I then mentioned the unelected commissioners who make E.U law and he was unaware that they existed. I asked him who he thought made the laws and he believed it was the MEP's.

When I asked him what he thought of the arguments being put forward by the leave camp, he said he had not read anything and had just listened to and read what the remain camp had to say on the matter. I suggested that he should look at both sides prior to the vote, because we would certainly not be getting another of our lifetime.

My son who is around two years older has looked at both sides of the debate and has decided that he agrees with the leave camp and will vote this way come June.

I don't know what they are teaching kids in university, but not to look at both sides of the argument prior to voting, seems to be encouraged.

Shame.
The Establishment position and influence! Like I said the benefits are for those that already have plenty. Greed is the order of the day and the desire from TPTB for OWG.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Whats your thought on www.pollstation.uk... vote? Now running at over 27000 votes and 79% leave?

I would take that with a pinch of salt to be honest.
It maybe does show that Brexiteers are probably more engaged, more internet savvy or more proactive in this EU debate.

I watched Question Time last night I have to say it was AWESOME. It seemed like the majority of the audience were in favour of a Brexit. Even when the Lib Dem bloke asked the audience would they risk voting leave with all these big financial studies/reports that state we will be worse of financially, and you heard a large collective YES back from the audience. It was truly fantastic! (i've had a look for a clip of it but cant find one unfortunately)

Also this guy was epic...

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

...mine is an apprentice plumber and on the different sites he works at he tells me most workers are voting out, citing cheap eastern European labourers as their main reasons.

They have a good point to be fair, it's strange how we make say doctors from Canada or India jump through all sorts of hoops to be allowed a work visa, but say an unskilled national of an EU country with multiple convictions for rape and violence wants to live and work here, they can just jump on a bus.

I support sovereign control over all immigration using the same needs based system as we do for countries outside of the EU.
I am not against immigration, just lack of control, sovereignty again.
I can understand this. Personally I think we should train our own people to be doctors and nurses etc like it used to be.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It does look like the establishment politicians, media and foreign interests have swayed the vote considerably. Not unexpected I guess.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

Whats your thought on www.pollstation.uk... vote? Now running at over 27000 votes and 79% leave?

I would take that with a pinch of salt to be honest.
It maybe does show that Brexiteers are probably more engaged, more internet savvy or more proactive in this EU debate.

I watched Question Time last night I have to say it was AWESOME. It seemed like the majority of the audience were in favour of a Brexit. Even when the Lib Dem bloke asked the audience would they risk voting leave with all these big financial studies/reports that state we will be worse of financially, and you heard a large collective YES back from the audience. It was truly fantastic! (i've had a look for a clip of it but cant find one unfortunately)

Also this guy was epic...

Perfect and true! Lets get debt free and rule our own roost!

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
It does look like the establishment politicians, media and foreign interests have swayed the vote considerably. Not unexpected I guess.
But I suspect desperately not enough!

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Even when the Lib Dem bloke asked the audience would they risk voting leave with all these big financial studies/reports that state we will be worse of financially, and you heard a large collective YES back from the audience. It was truly fantastic! (i've had a look for a clip of it but cant find one unfortunately)

Found it! Skip to 1 minute in.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Even when the Lib Dem bloke asked the audience would they risk voting leave with all these big financial studies/reports that state we will be worse of financially, and you heard a large collective YES back from the audience. It was truly fantastic! (i've had a look for a clip of it but cant find one unfortunately)

Found it! Skip to 1 minute in.

Bingo or Lotto or OUTo

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join