It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
In approximately 4 months UK voters will go to the polls to decide on a BREXIT or Not.

A deal has been done with the EU but does it in anyway address or impact the issues and concerns of the British people. Or is the deal mostly irrelevant to the main issues that British folk have with EU membership?

Why should or should we not BREXIT?

What are the benefits either way?

How will you vote? IN, OUT or Undecided?

If you post to this thread then please indicate how you will vote if you are eligible. If not eligible then vote anyway but indicate that you are not eligible.

I will tally the votes in June before the Referendum and confirm the outcome.

Thanks to all contributors who or wherever you are.

FYI - I'm for OUT!

edit on 20-2-2016 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Feb 20 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: off topic material edited from title and first tline of OP

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

From my own point of view, Scotland needs away from vile Westminster.

On the grander scheme of things, the Tories are a bunch of elitist, racist, corrupt scumbags so I understand why they want to crawl up the EU's backside so willingly

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Out, if they vote to stay in I'll be cool with it.
I just hope people make their own minds up without buying into all the spin, empty promises, doctored statistics and fear mongering that's going to be elevated to stupid levels over the coming months.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

On the grander scheme of things, the Tories are a bunch of elitist, racist, corrupt scumbags so I understand why they want to crawl up the EU's backside so willingly

Interesting take on the situation but maybe not that far off the truth.

assume thumbs up is for OUT.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
Out, if they vote to stay in I'll be cool with it.
I just hope people make their own minds up without buying into all the spin, empty promises, doctored statistics and fear mongering that's going to be elevated to stupid levels over the coming months.

Concur. Hopefully common sense will drive peoples decision.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Interesting take on the situation but maybe not that far off the truth.

assume thumbs up is for OUT.

OUT with rocket boosters on haha

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
until the out campaign come up with a logical argument to leave, other than johnny foreigner, stay.
if michael gove is the best they can get their doomed.
seen as murdoch supports out and the british public are dumb it may be close though.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Get ready for all the media spin and lies in a desperate attempt to keep us in.
I vote out.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Voting out.

Only way I was going to stay in is if the UK went back to a trade union ONLY.

Camron Got basically NOTHING and we all know Brussels will end up diluting what he "got" anyway.

Europe is a lost cause. Its resistant to change and reform.

Better to get out now before it drags the UK down with it.

edit on 20-2-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
until the out campaign come up with a logical argument to leave

The fact it’s a bureaucratic nightmare and resistant to reform and change.

One layer of big government and bureaucracy is bad enough. Why do we need to pay £55 million a day for ANOTHER layer?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Not convinced by either side, but the subject needs putting to bed asap.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Voting out.

Only way I was going to stay in is if the UK went back to a trade union ONLY.

Camron Got basically NOTHING and we all know Brussels will end up diluting what he "got" anyway.

Europe is a lost cause. Its resistant to change and reform.

Better to get out now before it drags the UK down with it.

Concur with that and the longer we stay in the greater the impact on UK if EU goes tits! We need time to try and insulate ourselves.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Undecided leaning towards out...

But leaning closer to not voting at all.

Trash EU, garbage deal, useless referendum as our country is controlled by the puppet masters of an NWO and its all moot whichever happens.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I am an American and I think the U.K. would be better off out.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
I am an American and I think the U.K. would be better off out.

Noted. Thanks for your contribution. Hope many of your fellow countrymen do the same.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
There will be a huge psychological campaign on both TV news and the newspapers to get to people to vote to stay in. Talk of businesses leaving, banks leaving, financial ruin and all that complete nonsense.

Ease of travel, buying of property in europe easily, work in another country with ease, cheap imports of good food would be my reason for the UK to stay in the EU.

Cons- paying the EU money to be a member. People seem to be optimistic that leaving would allow them to pay less income tax or the money would get spent on schools and hospitals etc. It wouldn't, it will just get syphoned back into The UK government to spend on rubbish.

I don't get to vote, but I would vote to stay in the EU.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
out, out, out we want out!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'm yet to hear a good argument for 'out' that doesn't ultimately boil down to a false belief or a fear of evil immigrants.

Whereas 'in' can make good arguments about EU subsidies, EU employment law protections, EU court of human rights protections, the massive importance of free trade, open borders, and not to mention 2 million brits who live in Europe who will wind up getting kicked out.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I've been frustrated for so long with the way that Europe has been stifling UK decisions re Self Government and taxation.I'm relieved that we will now, after all these years, have the chance to break free of the shackles.
I'm of the Generation that voted 40 years ago FOR a European Market that promised a region of open trade and mutual economic cooperation. I cannot recal any arguments at the time that were going to dilute and indeed replace any of our Laws, taxes, Human Right Issues or Borders, it was meant to be purely a mutual tradeing setup. ........
How has it evovlved ?????

My fear at present is that the current generation of 'up to 40 year olds' has no knowledge of how it used to be and so will vote IN.
I, on the other hand, CAN remember how it was before ... not perfect but at least our hands weren't continually being tied behind our backs by the extra level of Beaurocracy that is the EU!

THE GRASS IS GREENER ON OUR SIDE OF THE FENCE, I VOTE WE GET OUT !!!

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I vote in as apart from the xenophobes I can't see a very strong reason to say otherwise. Whatever argument Farage makes I balance against the money he has made for being an MEP and famously declining to actually vote on many issues, whatever options other MPs make for an out vote I will balance against what we lose from an out vote.

For Labour, that party who steadfastedly said they wouldn't offer the people of the UK a referendum on the subject: they have little argument to make as they only seem pissed that we are allowed to offer an opinion. For anyone saying that this in some way has anything to do with Scotland and Westminster and is therefore voting out, well done, nice to know you are in utter disagreement with the SNP who have stated all along that they believe being in Europe is better than being out. Don't get bitter about it though.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join