It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

Why do I sound bitter and spiteful. Please do explain.

I said ages ago here on ATS that this referendum would be hilarious.

Well it's hilarious to anyone who went through the Scottish vote, which I guess nobody on here did, so that'll be why you don't get what I'm talking about. Hey Ho

I hope you all get your vote to leave I really do cos I want out as well. But Ive got the popcorn ready. Its gonna be fantastic entertainment. I can't wait for it to happen.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

We're not lost. Far from it. Working towards indy ref 2 m8

and at the moment your doing our work for us. Keep it up.
edit on b59316594 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I don't care to be honest, I wouldn't miss the whinging auld bastards.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigyin
Why do I sound bitter and spiteful. Please do explain.

When I said you sound bitter and spiteful, I was referring to your comment...

Tell me, if the same figures happen in #EUref will you be happy and content with the decision given the amount of #ProjectFear, influence, and media bias being thrown being the remain side? sorry for laughing can't help it

Which sounds like you are laughing or having a little dig at us because of the same Project Fear in the EU debate.
Apologies if that's not what you were doing, but that what I had taken out of your comment.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

So just answer the question. What will be the feeling in England if the government forces/tactics win the day. Do you think it will be fair. Will you accept it if its a very close result. Or will you just shrug your shoulders and get back to be European

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: bigyin

I have already answered your question in my reply to your original post.

I think a lot of people will be annoyed if we Remain, and I can see that leading to more votes to UKIP, a bit like what happened with the SNP.

I will always be English, British and European, no matter the result.
edit on 83157bAmerica/ChicagoWed, 27 Apr 2016 16:57:24 -05003016 by 83Liberty because: typo

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

and European, no matter the result.

Gosh. Really ?

I just think of myself as Scottish. Nothing else.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
That's fine. Though technically you're British and European too, considering you're Scottish and Scotland is in Great Britain and Europe. You may one day be free from the British, but I can't see Scotland floating away from the European continent anytime soon.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Technically being British just means you live on the British Isles. I'm Scottish and Scotland is in a Union with England which is called the United Kingdom. The continent I live on, there are 5 continents, is Europe. So yes I'm European in that sense but it's not something I relate to everyday. I do live on the British Isles but I don't relate to that either. I hate being in a union with England, want out of that. No I'm just Scottish and happy with it.
edit on b41516414 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Yes you're correct. What I should have wrote...
Geographically you are Scottish, British and European.
Politically you are Scottish, British and European, but you just want to be Scottish.
edit on 83156bAmerica/ChicagoWed, 27 Apr 2016 17:56:16 -05003016 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Scottish is not a nationality. If it was you would have a Scottish passport.

You have a British passport and your nationality is British. That is reality. How you think, feel or relate is purely subjective.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

Oh dear. fail

British Passports

Can be issued to members of many countries. Scotland is one of them.
edit on b10716104 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Yes geographically I am all of those which can't be changed. It's a physical fact much like saying I'm Caucasian. But I don't know anyone who would call themselves European or Caucasian for that matter. I'm also a member of planet earth and again I don't know anyone who refers themself as Earther. I know less and less people in Scotland who call themself British. It's become a dirty word. Most people I know call themself Scottish and maybe British How is it in England ?

Politically yes I'm all of those things, but these can be changed. If we vote out of EU then we no longer be European politically. And if I can persuade enough Scots to vote to leave UK then we would no longer be British politically.
edit on b19716194 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Well the actual link you gave describes the image above as a British biometric passport.

From what I remember the Acts of Union law in the eighteenth century made everyone living in the UK, British citizens (not English, Scottish or Welsh citizens).

There are also 6 classes of British citizens. Scotland is not one of them.

There has never ever been a Scottish passport.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

So are you saying English is not a nationality ?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad

Well the actual link you gave describes the image above as a British biometric passport.

That is the current British Passport. What's your point ?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad

That is the current British Passport. What's your point ?
If we stay in the EU, who knows when they will want to introduce a EU passport. Loss of sovereignty first then loss of identity next! The British need to put the pride back into Britain but one can only fear that some of the young, naive and balless wont understand what that means!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

So are you saying English is not a nationality ?
English is anything that comes from England like its tea, language and people. If you are from England you are English, if you are from Scotland you are Scottish which makes both British, however, passports are issued for the Britain.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
More from Vote Leave:

We send £350 million a week to the EU – enough to build a new hospital every week

250,000 EU migrants a year come to the UK – it’s out of control and damages the NHS

It’s safer to take back control and spend our money on our priorities

Imagine if we Vote Leave in 56 days’ time… Our entrepreneurs could focus on creating jobs and supporting the economy rather than reading through reams of regulations from Brussels.

Free business from EU regulation

Employment Minister Priti Patel has today made a speech on how we can free small businesses from unnecessary regulation after we Vote Leave. Only 6% of UK businesses export to the EU, yet 100% have to abide by regulation from Brussels. HM Treasury estimate that the cost of complying with burdensome EU red tape is the equivalent of £4,600 per household every year.

Ms Patel stated that after we take back control on 23 June, the UK can perform an audit of EU regulation to ensure that small businesses are not shackled by unnecessary rules. Pro-EU campaigners including Nick Clegg and David Cameron have previously called for small companies to be exempt from these burdens, however their attempts were vetoed by Brussels.

Small businesses are the backbone of our economy, accounting for 60% of private sector employment and making up 99% of total businesses in the UK. After we Vote Leave on 23 June, they will be free of stifling EU regulation and can focus on what they do best - creating jobs and driving economic growth.

We can better protect workers’ rights outside the EU

David Cameron and former trade union leader Sir Brendan Barber today claimed that leaving the EU would be a ‘disaster’ for workers’ rights. It is sad to see the Prime Minister doing Britain down. We don’t have to give up control to EU politicians and unelected EU judges to protect working people. Indeed, UK law is often far more generous than EU law, such as on maternity pay and leave.

It is a myth to say that we must stay in the EU to protect workers. You only have to look at the high levels of unemployment in Greece, Spain, Portugal and the rest of the eurozone, to see that the EU is no friend of the worker. In 2009, Sir Brendan himself warned that the European Court has ‘undermined’ minimum standards.
www.theguardian.com...
The safer choice for British workers is to Vote Leave on 23 June.

Today’s must reads:

Brussels diktats 'costing families £4,600 a year' - Mail
www.dailymail.co.uk... Brexit-boost-economy-billions.html

Why I’ll be voting to leave the costly, dysfunctional and bureaucratic EU - Luke Johnson, CityAM
www.cityam.com...

Obama fails to swing opinion as Brexiteers take a poll lead - Times
www.thetimes.co.uk...

The City of London can survive and thrive after Brexit - Michael Geoghegan, FT
www.ft.com...=false.html?siteedition=uk&_i_location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ft.com%2Fcms%2Fs%2F0%2F 423561ae-0bc6-11e6-b0f1-61f222853ff3.html%3Fsiteedition%3Duk&_i_referer=&classification=conditional_standard&iab=barrier-app#axzz46sMrbVIg

A critical view of the EU deal, from Germany to Britain - CapX
capx.co...

An independence manifesto for all parties and none - David Green, Civitas
www.eu-facts.org.uk...

Union bosses accused of 'buying' concessions to Trade Union Bill with EU referendum support - Telegraph
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Tusk rejects Tsipras request for EU summit on Greece bailout - Guardian
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

Yes you're correct. What I should have wrote...
Geographically you are Scottish, British and European.
Politically you are Scottish, British and European, but you just want to be Scottish.
But even if Scotland does leave the UK he will always be part of the British Isles hence British with a Scottish or EU passport if they were to remain in the EU.

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join