It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone give me a real reason Bernie is bad for America?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Bernie-Care versus Obama-care is not as wide a gap as people think. Obamacare is costing A LOT of money. Bernie-care would reduce medical costs, but not raise taxes as much as some seem to think.

The Middle-East war has cost trillions, will cost trillions more.

Bernie Sanders is against these types of wars. He'd rather sit down with a coalition I believe, and resolve things together, rather than fund a war that profits business ( look it up - Everything is about oil, destabilization of this or that country, etc. )

1) I would support Single Payer,....but it WILL NOT work in the U.S. There is no BASE LEVEL auditing of our citizens...to begin with. And the nations that provide their population with Universal Healthcare that Bernie points to, are RICH, VERY rich, and have lower populations, better accounting, better auditing of citizenry, and more personal wealth and growth vs. debt, and WORKING populations vs. the handout class that much of the U.S has become

2) The mid East war was a BAD move. But now we're faced with ISIS, Qaeda, Boko Haram, Nusra, etc.
We're now at war....so it's unavoidable now. Thanks Bush and thanks Obama and thanks Sectarian Islam

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Never said old I said unhealthy.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Remember what Orwell wrote about the perpetual war between Oceania and Eurasia?

link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Taxing businesses even 30% would be, at times, much more than what they pay now.

Taxing job creators. Yeah that'll create more jobs.

link   

You would run into a situation where the schools that those who cannot afford college would be able to attend would be funded by the federal government. You would run into quotas and more and more enrolled and overcrowding. Have you noticed a public school lately?

I would agree with the following choice though. Each child graduating from high school can have 2 free years for an AA/AS or trade degree and if they do not enroll they do 3 years in the military.

I am not against help. I am against creating a situation that would be worse than it is now. Also, what happens to all of that student debt? Will it be written off? Why not? Think there would be no lawsuits?

Again, great for local policies but not for the entire US.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I'd love to go into great detail.

For now, please consider this simple logic about equality.

"From the fact that people are very different it follows that, if we treat them equally, the result must be inequality in their actual position, and that the only way to place them in an equal position would be to treat them differently. Equality before the law and material equality are therefore not only different but are in conflict with each other; and we can achieve either one or the other, but not both at the same time"

-Friedrich Hayek

link   

originally posted by: Necrose

Ain't gonna happen. They always win, always.

To be fair, your statement is more of a projection of an ultimatum

If you wish otherwise to your statement at least don't help it manifest, that synchronicity is how the elite operate within the chaos and disharmony they engineer.

link   
Perhaps people will soon be doing this, great movie scene.

We're mad as hell and we're not gonna take it anymore!!

Jeff Daniels shutting the mouths of many.

www.youtube.com... - must copy link into youtube in order to watch video.
edit on 2/1/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Just an example of Bernie's ignorance.

Universal Healthcare.

How do you CENTRALLY PLAN and account for expenditures when you do not even know the true count of Legal citizens in your nation needing coverage, qualifying for it, where, who, what, etc.

We don't even know the number of qualified people to be COVERED or what stop gaps we have to insure a correct central planning. And Bernie's plan would mean a total repeal of ObamaCare, an entire Congressional argument for ANOTHER 2 years, selling that idea to Congress...AGAIN...passing the votes...and retooling the entire Medical Industry AGAIN.

??? What the????

LOL...how is that even possible?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Never said old I said unhealthy.

I don't find him to look unhealthy. Clinton often looks tired, Trump's face is bloated and odd-maybe a sign of a medical problem.

What about Sanders looks unhealthy? Sanders and Trump are 4 years apart.

Picture Sanders with some extra hair, dyed and plastic surgery. He would look a lot younger, but probably would look odd.
edit on 1-2-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

Universal Healthcare.

How do you CENTRALLY PLAN and account for expenditures when you do not even know the true count of Legal citizens in your nation needing coverage, qualifying for it, where, who, what, etc.

We don't even know the number of qualified people to be COVERED or what stop gaps we have to insure a correct central planning. And Bernie's plan would mean a total repeal of ObamaCare, an entire Congressional argument for ANOTHER 2 years, selling that idea to Congress...AGAIN...passing the votes...and retooling the entire Medical Industry AGAIN.

??? What the????

Other countries seem to handle Universal healthcare pretty well. I would say their knowledge of who qualifies and who doesn't is on par with the US.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

Why do so many people worship job creators?

JOB CREATORS DO NOT EXIST.

Supply exists.
Demand exists.

If Walmart and Target went out of business - Either Kroger/Harmons/ Etc would get a lot bigger, or others would replace them. My wish? 50 store names replace the name "walmart"

Sure, they'd be "job creators"

But billionaires and their friends politicians are NOT job creators in the sense so many people keep saying they are.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlubberyConspiracy

originally posted by: Necrose

Ain't gonna happen. They always win, always.

To be fair, your statement is more of a projection of an ultimatum

If you wish otherwise to your statement at least don't help it manifest, that synchronicity is how the elite operate within the chaos and disharmony they engineer.

Nicely said, I agree.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

It's just my opinion nothing else not up for debate.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

It's just my opinion nothing else not up for debate.

If you say he looks unhealthy, in a public forum, and someone asks you why you think that- it definitely is up for debate.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Universal Healthcare.

??? What the????

Other countries seem to handle Universal healthcare pretty well. I would say their knowledge of who qualifies and who doesn't is on par with the US.

LMAO

Take the rate of DIABETICS in our nation alone. Take the fact that we have a very UNHEALTHY populace which only LATELY starting showing up in the Obamacare data, as being the NON VIABLE drag on the system...which is why the largest insurer in America is DROPPING Obamacare.

And Bernie wants to revisit Healthcare to a NEW Republican Congress...retool the entire industry again...revisit contracts...reams and reams of legal paper...sell it to voters AGAIN...and start from scratch...on TOP of his already higher tax rates?

This is INSANITY....there is NO way this would even work. It's hysterical to even see people talking about it like we're in Disneyland and some Fairy Queen has a magic wand for all Bernie's wishes.

What happened to LOGIC?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
IMO - - political direction is Global.

I don't think Bernie has any experience in that area.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

We are far too capitalistic, competitive, market this and that to talk about such logic.

A thousand years ago a farmer would not purposefully grow cops in soil that does not result in food - Especially if it's not even enough food to feed his family. Nor would a hunter knowingly choose a bad route to hunt - One that does not produce

Now days, a worker will work 40 or more hours a week for a job that does not provide them enough money to feed their family. These jobs should outright be rejected by the worker, but we are in a different mind-set, we are not following logic, we are desperate, we are closer to slaves of the fate chosen for us rather than choosing our own. The inequality has gone too far, and at this point, I choose the "everyone equal " part of your quote.
edit on 1-2-2016 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Job creators provide me with a means to support my family and I trade my skills and time for money.

I use that money to buy things for my family.

When I buy things, other people make money and they, in turn, support their families.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Universal Healthcare.

??? What the????

LMAO

Take the rate of DIABETICS in our nation alone. Take the fact that we have a very UNHEALTHY populace which only LATELY starting showing up in the Obamacare data, as being the NON VIABLE drag on the system...which is why the largest insurer in America is DROPPING Obamacare.

And Bernie wants to revisit Healthcare to a NEW Republican Congress...retool the entire industry again...revisit contracts...reams and reams of legal paper...sell it to voters AGAIN...and start from scratch...on TOP of his already higher tax rates?

This is INSANITY....there is NO way this would even work. It's hysterical to even see people talking about it like we're in Disneyland and some Fairy Queen has a magic wand for all Bernie's wishes.

What happened to LOGIC?

Well, we don;t have the MOST unhealthy population, but even if we did, all the more reason for universal healthcare.

Yes, it would be a long road to go but-

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too." -JFK

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join