It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Steven Avery Framed By a Serial Killer?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

John Cameron is a former police sergeant and FBI cold case task force worker, who has the arrest of at least one child killer/cannibal on his resume. In recent years, Mr. Cameron has been documenting the history of Edward Wayne Edwards who, according to Cameron, has been killing for 66 years, each time framing a guiltless person for the crime. Now officially, Mr. Edwards has been convicted of five murders. There is a theory, however, he committed many, many more between 1945 and 1996, including the Zodiac Killer murders.

Mr. Cameron firmly believes this theory, and has now added Ms. Halbach’s name to the list. Recently, this bold proclamation appeared on Mr. Cameron’s website:

So what are we looking at in terms of evidence? For one, Mr. Wayne Edwards was living about an hour from Mr. Avery when the murder took place. He had also already committed a murder in Wisconsin, in 1980, when he took the lives of Timothy Hack and Kelly Drew. Furthermore, Mr. Cameron posits Mr. Edwards had a habit of committing murders on Halloween, the night Teresa Halbach appeared, and of showing up at the trials of his victims. Mr. Cameron believes he spotted the serial killer in this photo, a still from Making a Murderer‘s six episode.
observer.com...
This photo is a side by side with the man Mr. Cameron believes is the serial killer and the actual Edward Wayne Edwards

2001, October 31 Halloween, November 1, Catholic All Saints Day, Columbia, Missouri. Edwards kills Editor Kent Heitholt, Columbia Missouri Tribune. Edwards (The Zodiac) killed the Editor of a major newspaper in the parking lot at 2:15 am. Beating him to death on Halloween night. Two innocent men went to prison in 2004, Ryan Ferguson and Charles Erickson
coldcasecameron.com...

Cameron says Paul Avery, the famous San Francisco reporter who chased the Zodiac Killer, received a card from the Zodiac one Halloween that read, “by rope, by knife, by gun, by fire, I bet you’re aching to know my name.”
Cameron notes that, according to his information, Edwards killed several people on Halloween, including Halbach.
www.greatfallstribune.com...
Similarly Steven Avery is arrested for killing Teresa Halbach by kidnapping her and killing her by knife, rope, gun and fire that occurred on Halloween of 2005.

Edwards also sent letters to investigators after they focused on a suspect, Cameron said, “After I watched this I said, ‘There has to be a letter because he would have done that.’”

Cameron says he found the court transcripts Monday, 15 pages of them, chronicling a cryptic letter sent to the Manitowoc County Sheriff’s Office. Cameron hasn’t seen the letter yet, but said he is making every effort to get a copy.
coldcasecameron.com...

Relevant ATS Links
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 27-1-2016 by gmoneystunt because: added date

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Really interesting find.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Very interesting stuff.
It would be very cool if this came to be true.
Zodiac killer identified and Avery cleared of a second crime he didn't commit?
That would be awesome.
Whoever (Netfix, ect.) should put some money down to try and have his case appealed again, if possible

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Avery's new attorney 'confident'

Steven Avery's conviction in the 2005 murder of Teresa Halbach will not stand, one of his new appellate attorneys said Monday,

"We are confident Mr. Avery's conviction will be vacated when we present the new evidence and results of our work to the appropriate court," Illinois-based attorney Kathleen Zellner said in a prepared statement.
www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

It's interesting. And seems very plausible.
But I have a few questions lingering after I read all that.
First, if the FBI knew of this guys whereabouts, and knew he lived an hour from the Avery residence, could the feds or the detective following Edwards not put two together and perhaps collaborated with the sheriffs department on a possible lead?

But then again, this whole situation smells of police corruption as well, so maybe they did.

And how did Edwards obtain such a large amount of blood from Avery? Blood dry's up rather quickly, it was found all over the car.
In the article with the reporter he simply says that Avery's DNA is all over the yard, well duh, but you cannot realistically just rub a shirt with dry blood on a car.

And finally, this guy doesn't seem to look like the type to be able to sneak around, how would he have planted all this evidence without being seen on a property like this, with people going in and out constantly.
edit on 27-1-2016 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I read somewhere that Gregory Allen was being watched the first time that Avery was arrested in 1985 but they brushed off the leads. For the arrest in 2005, Cameron seems to believe this was all done by Edwards but for this theory to work it seems like it was done by Edwards to frame Avery then afterward the sheriffs department covered Edwards tracks and assisted in framing Avery.
edit on 27-1-2016 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt

I read somewhere that Gregory Allen was being watched the first time that Avery was arrested in 1985 but they brushed off the leads. For the arrest in 2005, Cameron seems to believe this was all done by Edwards. For this theory to work it seems like it was done by Edwards to frame Avery and the sheriffs department to cover Edwards tracks and assist in framing Avery.

How so?

it was a sexual assault case, not a murder, Avery was convicted from a lineup, and was falsely identified by someone who was pressured into describing someone who looked like Avery at the time.
Also, Avery had a track record of getting rather confrontational with women. That's why they thought it was him.
The only reason why Avery was exonerated of his first crime was because back in 1985 DNA forensics were still rather iffy.

Edit:

I see what you are saying now.
And yes, I believe police corruption did have a major role to play in the murder case, but I do not believe it played a huge roll in the sexual assault.
edit on 27-1-2016 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Your right but Gregory Allen was a known sex offender that was in the area at the time. He was also being watched daily. That is why Avery filed a lawsuit and they were investigating the negligence of the sheriffs department up until he was arrested the second time.
edit on 27-1-2016 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Interesting find. There was a thread on ATS in December about the Netflix series. Several members posted further background info on the Avery family.

Netflix's Docuseries Making a Murderer

I found larger non-blurred photos of Edward Wayne Edwards and I don't think its the same guy. I found this as well:

Ohio investigators watched news of Edwards' arrest and recognized the man. He had left town in 1997, shortly after the homicide of a young man he'd treated like a son. "There was an attempt to take the young man in. He became very close to the family. They talked about adopting but that was not allowed, and the victim changed his given name to Edwards' last name," Geauga County, Ohio Sheriff's Department Sgt. Brian Johnston said. Shortly after Dannie Boy Gloeckner changed his name to Dannie Boy Edwards, he was found dead from a shotgun wound to the head.

Link

Teresa Halbach was shot in the head. Maybe he murdered her and they planted the body and framed Avery for it. It is fairly obvious where the blood came from. The blood sample container. I find it odd that the FBI managed to formulate a test for EDTA within two weeks and claiming it was reliable.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Avery and his family are garbage people. That Netflix series made that pretty obvious.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I read somewhere that Gregory Allen was being watched the first time that Avery was arrested in 1985 but they brushed off the leads. For the arrest in 2005, Cameron seems to believe this was all done by Edwards but for this theory to work it seems like it was done by Edwards to frame Avery and the sheriffs department to cover Edwards tracks and assist in framing Avery.

Granted, Edwards is a serial killer. In retrospect, what motive would Edwards have to frame a random man. Perhaps he noticed him in the news but the questions still stands. Why? What motive?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
holy sh!t man, this is some really interesting information you've posted. i'm 3/4 of the way through the Netflix series about Avery and it's almost too infuriating to watch, almost. I think it's readily apparent that Avery didn't commit the murder of Teresa and that the police department there had it out for him bad. They forced words into Brendan's mouth, doing whatever they could to get a confession whether or not it was legit. I just feel so terrible for both of them. You can tell Brendan has a pretty low IQ and was manipulated by the detectives pretty seriously to get what they wanted and I don't trust ANY of the evidence that was submitted by the local police there. Especially with evidence seals broken and pin holes in the stopper of his blood sample. I mean c'mon now. They had so much time on Avery's property to themselves to conjure up whatever they needed to get their conviction.

I've also had an extreme interest in the Zodiac killer for a long time now. Something about that case always stayed in the back of my mind. The crypto notes, the imagery of it all, the costume he wore, the taunting, the fact he was never truly caught after all this time.

The connections you've listed between the Zodiac and the Avery case is truly shocking. And it honestly just seems to click to me. It's appears to all make perfect sense. And if it turns out that he really did show up at the Avery trial and was caught on camera, in the Netflix documentary none the less...jesus christ, what balls. But again it makes sense to me, in a sick way. You're framing someone for a murder you committed, you probably get a sick satisfaction out of being there, watching the trial and conviction of someone for a crime you committed and in the end you're scott free to walk out, rinse and repeat.

Now if only this information can be recognized and used to fight for Steven and Brendan's freedom, which I know in my heart they deserve.

p.s Avery would have been the perfect patsy considering he already had a prior charge against him and already had the police in that town against him. If you were going to frame someone for murder, why not pick someone who's already considered to be a violent criminal as your target?
edit on 27-1-2016 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Why would Edwards set up Avery? The answer lies in the supposed killer’s last name, Cameron says. Avery was making headlines after his exoneration, having filed a $36 million lawsuit against Manitowoc County, Wis., and several key officials. “That’s when Edwards says, ‘No, no. I set people up. I’m the best at setting them up,’” Cameron said.
www.greatfallstribune.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks

I read somewhere that Gregory Allen was being watched the first time that Avery was arrested in 1985 but they brushed off the leads. For the arrest in 2005, Cameron seems to believe this was all done by Edwards but for this theory to work it seems like it was done by Edwards to frame Avery and the sheriffs department to cover Edwards tracks and assist in framing Avery.

Granted, Edwards is a serial killer. In retrospect, what motive would Edwards have to frame a random man. Perhaps he noticed him in the news but the questions still stands. Why? What motive?

Well, if the theory that he is the Zodiac killer is true then the motive is simple.
He enjoys the hunt, the thrill of the kill and getting away with murder. Which might involve watching others suffer for the crime he committed, it's all a game that he is addicted to I guess.

The Zodiac killer used criptic messages of hunting people and the ultimate prey was people.

Zodiac killer.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DrakeINFERNO

Can you elaborate on why they're garbage people? I hope it's not because they're not wealthy, and the case of a media sh*t storm.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Good points but once again lets not forget Avery's blood was found inside Teresa's vehicle which was hidden on Avery property, plus the key in his bedroom and part of a 22 caliber bullet in the car garage ..... which clearly shows the local police being involved. These items were planted AFTER the murder and by whom? Local police! That LT and SGT whatever their names are. Both being involved in both cases and VERY suspicious. I also believe the judge had already made up his mind that AVERY was guilty.

Keep in mind AVERY had a 38 million dollar lawsuit ongoing against the local police ..... so who had motive to frame AVERY?

EDWARDS might have killed Theresa but then who ditched the vehicle on AVERY property, and ditched her burnt bones in the fire pit located on AVERY'S property (there is proof the body was burnt at a different location) , and AVERY'S blood found inside Teresa's vehicle, and the hole in the glass tube of blood which was being stored in local police storage facilty?

Local cops are guilty as hell! I am not in USA but in Europe so what are the Americans in the states going to do about this gross injustice?

Where I come from there would be a hanging! .....or two!!

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrakeINFERNO
Avery and his family are garbage people. That Netflix series made that pretty obvious.

I think you missed one of the reasons why the documentary was made in the first place. It wasn't all about Avery and his case, it was also showing how broken the system is.
Yes we know how somewhat broken and messed up the family is, but it does not mean the justice system and the sheriffs department of the county can just walk all over them. Imagine what else these cops do or have done. Makes you think.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I think that if Edwards did frame Avery it was only supplemented with help from the sheriffs department.
Avery's original sexual assault conviction was very publicized and even though he was finally released from prison and proven innocent, him being involved as a suspect in any kind of other investigation would cause doubt as to his innocence. Edwards would have known this.

Edwards may have started the frame/scandal, but I honestly think that the Sheriff's dept. framed him. There are just too many questions left unanswered, mostly the question WHY. Why where they there and involved in the investigation, why did it take 3 times to find a key laying in the open, why can't they find her DNA, why doesn't the timeline make sense?

edit on 1-27-2016 by Squirlli because: just because

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
No way is this Edwards guy involved. If you look into in it doesn't match up timeline wise. The person that is getting a lot of hype at the moment is Zipperer. He was one of the people halbach was meeting with that day. When asked by police he denied ever seeing her, was super agressive towards the investigators and claimed he will shoot anyone on his land. His sister also claimed on a Fb post that he was he murderer.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Also a letter. In the Op there is mention (near the end) that Zodiac left letters, and IF Edwards is both the Zodiac and TH's Killer, there should be a letter. It would fit his MO. Supposedly there is a letter in the court transcripts / evidence of TH murder trail.

I want to see this letter. Does the handwriting match? Is it cryptic like the original Zodiac letters?
Maybe I'm crazy, but

Cameron says Paul Avery, the famous San Francisco reporter who chased the Zodiac Killer, received a card from the Zodiac one Halloween that read, “by rope, by knife, by gun, by fire, I bet you’re aching to know my name.”
Cameron notes that, according to his information, Edwards killed several people on Halloween, including Halbach.

Both the reporter and the only suspect in TH's murder trail share the same last name.
edit on 1-27-2016 by Squirlli because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join