It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netflix's Docuseries Making a Murderer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the right forum for this topic but I felt like it was a decent fit, so to speak. I feel like this is a conspiracy, especially if you pay close attention to the evidence and the chain of command (or lack there of) of some very important blood evidence from his first wrongful conviction in the 1980's, the opportunity that certain officials made available to them and the HORRENDOUS representation Dassey received from his first court appointed attorney.

Anyhow, I binge watched "Making a Murderer" on Netflix yesterday and today, which is something I do not usually do. I literally could not stop watching it, the cringe factor increasing with each episode.

I won't post spoilers, at least I will try not to, but I thought this would be a very interesting topic to discuss here on ATS. I did a search for Steven Avery and there is a post about him from 2007, but nothing since then.

I don't know if I am more upset about Avery or his nephew Brendan, what the "justice system" did to their families and continue to do, or more fearful to think if you rub someone in law enforcement the wrong way, this could happen to you.

I will try to add some links, but I am on an iPad and it sometimes does not work for me. So, if there are no links just google Steven Avery, Brendan Dassey, or Making a Murderer.

If you have not yet watched it, I highly recommend the series on Netflix. What occurred to these men is so ridiculously outrageous, I don't even know what to think.

Steven Avery Wikipedia Link

Link to docuseries on Netflix

edit on 29-12-2015 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Yeah, I live about 6 miles away from the site that whole unfolding happened. News airplane flying over for two to three nights in a row. This was utter chaos in the community. I really am in the middle of believing and disbelieving that this was a conspiracy.
edit on 29-12-2015 by ditchweed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This show has been blowing up so I went out and put it in my queue today. Looking forward to watching it!

Saw a petition to exonerate Avery going around as well.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ditchweed

Wow. Did you know any of them?

What makes you believe he did it/didn't do it?

In my mind, being a nurse, if they had killed her her DNA would've been ALL OVER the place...Blood is extremely difficult to clean up. I think it would be even harder if you had a low IQ.

Something about the ex boyfriend really just irks me, how he had the access to the Avery junk yard and property, etc.

Too much doesn't add up...Esepcailly the car key and the lack of DNA evidence if it were truly such a bloody crime scene.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

I don't know if I am more upset about Avery or his nephew Brendan, what the "justice system" did to their families and continue to do, or more fearful to think if you rub someone in law enforcement the wrong way, this could happen to you.

First, I love and hated this series. It was so well produced it almost felt scripted. But what happened to Avery is the saddest thing. I felt nothing but complete abhorrence for that D.A. Avery was never "innocent until proven guilty" - he was guilty until he can prove himself innocent.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

That DA was busted for sexting a few years later.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ditchweed

That made happy to hear at the end

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck
No. I just knew them from the salvage yard. Not personally. There were rumors years ago that they should have investigated
the other family members at the salvage yard, beause a couple of them had sexual assult records.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I have watched few episodes by now.. still many to go
So not sure how to react to it, is he innocent or not.. something smells fishy tho.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Damn you beat me to it. I had a post all settup and everything this morning about this!

O well.

Either way, it's a pretty shocking series, at the end I had to do more research and came up with some shocking things about his past and about the case. But, it wasn't long before the peoples of the internet swiftly dismissed these claims.
All I can say is, with the internet now days, stuff like this catches fire faster than a forest in a drought. Some people are gonna have a few rough months ahead of them.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I read about this program yesterday and am not sure if I can watch it. I would have to prep myself.
I am thinking of reading a non-fiction book called Just Mercy, that goes into detail about the injustices of the justice system in general. An example from the book is a story of a young 'tween who protected his mom from her boyfriend who was attacking her violently. The young man ended up having horrendous things happen to him in prison.
Here is link to book
www.nytimes.com...
I do believe what happens in the Netflix documentary are real, for some reason we just don't hear about it enough to speak up about it and start flooding senators with mail. I don't know what else we can do in a peaceful and law abiding manner to address these issues, so I say, write to the people in office as much as we can.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

One of the most interesting theories is that of 'The German', you'd have to read it for yourself, the below link explains some of it, but apparently since the release of the documentary a lot of people have been digging and are pointing the finger in the direction of a man who was renting near the site at the time of the murder and whose partner left him after finding bones, woman's clothing, a hammer with blood on it and a can of gasoline?, he was also along the trail that Teresa went missing, the man was later deported and I'm guessing the partner hadn't heard anything about the Avery case until now.

All of my post from below onward is taken from the following link:
fusion.net...

"A post written by a blogger named Brian McCorkle—linked to by Redditor wildantics85—states that around the same time Halbach disappeared, a woman in another town was allegedly in a situation where her husband was exhibiting bizarre behavior. For privacy’s sake, the man is not named, but allegedly, his last name is German. And:

The week of October 31st 2015, the citizen’s husband at the time […] was acting strangely, cutting the tags from her clothing and cutting her clothing apart. Their relationship became strained so she rented a place in Maribel, WI to separate. The property is about 5 miles from Avery Auto Salvage, and is located along the route Teresa would have taken…"

Check out the Reddit trail yourself, it's pretty freaking crazy..

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
This show has been blowing up so I went out and put it in my queue today. Looking forward to watching it!

Saw a petition to exonerate Avery going around as well.

My hubby is watching it now. He can't turn it off and he's not one for court and law type stuff.

Re watching episode two is uncomfortable. It's blatant who had motive, opportunity and who didn't.

It just blows my mind.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ditchweed
a reply to: theNLBS

That DA was busted for sexting a few years later.

Isn't he just the grossest pig ever?

He was sexting a domestic violence victim whose case he was prosecuting. He liked the pharmaceutical drugs as well.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Well, I'll sure be watching it now, thanks to you lot

edit on 55pTue, 29 Dec 2015 21:49:55 -060020152015-12-29T21:49:55-06:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: Touch typing like a blooming pro!

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I was heartbroken watching the mentally challenged Brendan being interviewed and lead by the nose, truly dreadful but not half as dreadful as his supposed defence lawyer who besides being an absolute creep and media whore, put his henchman onto the poor lad and forced a "confession" just to tie it all up with a plea deal. Awful.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Well, I'll sure be watching it now, thanks to you lot

Trust me, set about a block of ten hours aside. You won't be able to stop watching it.

I'm just glad this story is blowing up and hopefully justice will be served.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Well, looking at the Wikipedia link posted at the top, I find it hard to believe this guy could have been innocent in every case, whether he was eventually exonerated or not. I accept that bad luck happens to some people but how could someone possibly get charged with so many serious crimes and not be guilty of any of them?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Original ATS thread from 2007.

ATS Thread

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I watched the whole series this week.

I cannot believe that jury called him guilty.

How does one shoot a women in the head, and there's no blood?

Anywhere?

I would not be surprised if the Manitowack county officers planted that bullet and his blood. Really though.

What happened to Avery is a sad, sad affair.

~Tenth

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join