It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netflix's Docuseries Making a Murderer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: swimmer15

ok your experienced enough for this question. could DNA be extracted from a bullet that went in and out. I know you could get dna if the bullet is still in the victim.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SkipperJohn

Im guessing, of course not a forensic expert.... My personal thought would be its extreamly unlikely and woukd take some very special circumstances... Something along the lines of grazing the victim and immedietly impacting something like a tree trunk or wooden post or something that would capture the bullet intact or traveled far enough to lose most of its energy without hitting something before coming to the ground ... Heres a good read if interested showing how much they typically fragment... About halfway down they specifically talk about the 22.
I personally would think it would take bizarre circumstances to get dna off a fired bullet.

www.huntingwithnonlead.org...

Id guess they pulled a mostly intact bullet from a tree or post used in area of target practice.
edit on 2-1-2016 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SkipperJohn

Heres a very interesting read on the topic regarding extracting DNA from casings, bullets and cartridges. Given the time, im shocked it was abmissable in court.. Defense dropped the ball on this topic i think.

www.linkedin.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

From the artical i linked above.
"Only one other study on the analysis of DNA from fired bullets and casings, published in a peer-reviewed journal, could be located. This paper, out of The Netherlands, was published in 2010."

Averys trial was in 2006-7.. I havent spent the time really digging but based on that id say there wasnt much in way of showing that extracting dna from fired bullets was even studied at the time, not to mention proven to be reliable.
Add in that the lab istelf admitted on the stand that the test was contaminated, it nor the EDTA should have been allowed to even be mentioned in the trail. The EDTA test was a practice that the FBI had done in the past, but stopped because their test was inaccurate. Complete bs this was allowed as evidence.
edit on 2-1-2016 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

without going back and watching this again, it was the lab tech who tested the bullet who contaminated the dna with her own correct? why was that allowed in court? Someone should start a gofundme. I sure would like to know if that dna contained EDTA.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ditchweed
ftpcontent.worldnow.com...

you have to read this, Yikes! A lot of priors on these people.

I have read that before...And Tadych is a totally viable suspect, IMHO.

I'm still kind of convinced it was the boyfriend. The way they found the car, how he was basically running the search, and the fact that he appeared to not be having a very hard time handling any of it....

Idk, I get like "vibes" off of people sometimes and his hit me in the gut like a ton of bricks.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkipperJohn

without going back and watching this again, it was the lab tech who tested the bullet who contaminated the dna with her own correct? why was that allowed in court? Someone should start a gofundme. I sure would like to know if that dna contained EDTA.

Yes...The magic bullet. She contaminated the specimen, but because she did a "wash" there was no remaining material to test.

Oh, and that was the FIRST time they allowed contaminated evidence into the court room, too. It should've been rendered indeterminate but, since it's SA they went ahead and broke "protocol" and submitted it into evidence.

THAT alone should get him a new trial. Maybe Obama can do some good and put that hope and change to work and just pardon them both because that man and his nephew were framed and convicted of a murder they didn't commit.

We don't even really know how Teresa died. The pathologist stated she was shot in the head with a .22 and decided that was the cause of death because of a deformity in a burned piece of skull/bone matter. My guess is they found the rifle on SA property and made it into the murder weapon. Her DNA could've been from her toothbrush, or anything of hers. They had EIGHT days to search and process the "crime scene!"

Eight days....With plenty of Manitowoc County's finest on hand to help out.

When I heard her (the pathologist) testify I must've said "are you SH!77!NG me???" at least 17 times.

edit on 2-1-2016 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkipperJohn

Idk if they can test his blood for the EDTA yet...It isn't a reliable test. EDTA is that gel looking stuff in the bottom of the lab tubes. Only certain lab tubes have them...They're also called a "serum saver" so when I draw labs on a kid, if I have a little extra blood, I send it to the lab in one of those tubes to save it in case they need more labs to avid another stick. Kids really hate needles, lol.

Hope that makes sense!

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

so would a test like this work?

link

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Thanks for the recommendation. I watched 4 episodes last night. Sleep got the better of me at 4am so could not do my usual binge watching. I jumped to the end of the thread in case any of the posts contain spoilers.

The main thing I have seen so far which really sticks out is the body language of the Sheriff, District Attorney and the Police Officer during the interviews. To me it says they are all lying.

edit on 2-1-2016 by deliberator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I'm about half way through this right now and I can't believe what I'm watching. I will never go near Wisconsin ever. That has to be the most corrupt PD ever. Those men are truly evil and it's obvious what they are doing to these people and it is horrible.

It's hard to believe this is actually real. You couldn't write a more twisted unjust story if you tried. What sux is that I already know it's not going to end well at all. But still don't know how bad it's going to be yet.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Man I'm really sounding like a broken record, but again I have to refer back to the West Memphis case. Watch the doc West of Memphis and you'll think AR is the most corrupt state.

I hate to say it, but this probably goes on everywhere all the time. These are just a few of the "lucky" ones who were fortunate enough to have a documentary shed some light on their case.

How many people have been railroaded but we're never able to get the word out? 100-1.. 1,000-1, 10,000-1?

Scary times when you can't trust cops or the judicial system anymore.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
I have watched few episodes by now.. still many to go
So not sure how to react to it, is he innocent or not.. something smells fishy tho.

I'm the same - I have 4 episodes left and it's so gripping and frustrating and so many twists and the police are so corrupt and dishonest, but also something feels off about the whole thing.
I'll finish this later today so I'm not reading this thread until I do.

It's compelling and incredible viewing though.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
double post.
edit on 3-1-2016 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Reflection

Gee thanx reflection. Now I don't want to go anywhere else either!!

Just kiddin.

Scary times indeed.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

I also binge watched this.

I think its irrelevant of guilt or innocence in terms of the trial. It was not in my opinion a fair trial. I am on the fence as to whether he did this or not but have to say that him not testifying because 'he was innocent' didnt help me believe. I would of liked to have seen him face his accusers and that may have swayed the jurors.
edit on 3-1-2016 by demondonna because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2016 by demondonna because: Apologies, I wrote unfair instead of fair..

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Yeah I just binged this over last couple of days and thought it was amazing... just completely jaw dropping at times.
It's infuriating and compelling and one of the most crazy things I've seen.

A brilliant documentary.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
While watching the series I made the comment to my wife that when you see the collusion of the cops, attorneys, district attorneys, and judges it looks as though they are part of some eyes wide shut cult. Shortly after I stumbled upon these videos. The guy in the video tells a story of living in the Manitowoc area back in 1985 and was actually on a jet ski at the beach at the time the woman was sexually assaulted. He describes helping the authorities look for her and finds a group of people at the scene where the woman was attacked. He got the feeling he wasn't supposed to see that. He describes being approached and shown pics of local influential men naked with other men and asked if he wanted to join their "club". He declines and finds out later that everyone with the good jobs in that community are part of the "club". Many more really interesting details, too much for me to cover with it being a three part confession, interested in getting ATS's thoughts.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

That is just nasty freaking perverts.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: theNLBS

originally posted by: lovebeck

I don't know if I am more upset about Avery or his nephew Brendan, what the "justice system" did to their families and continue to do, or more fearful to think if you rub someone in law enforcement the wrong way, this could happen to you.

First, I love and hated this series. It was so well produced it almost felt scripted. But what happened to Avery is the saddest thing. I felt nothing but complete abhorrence for that D.A. Avery was never "innocent until proven guilty" - he was guilty until he can prove himself innocent.

love the wishy washy nlbs approach i mean how can you loose>? for it and not for it love it and hate it... on the fence each leg hanging one side and the other. ahahhaahah what a bunch of next level bull #. come on take a stand www.youtube.com...
www.forbes.com...
edit on 3-1-2016 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join