It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon protest leader Ammon Bundy is arrested, says source

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: enlightenedservant

It's real.
res.cloudinary.com...

From your link ... this pretty much answers every "question" that has been thrown up here ...

By its very nature, this offense demonstrates a remarkable inability on the part of all charged defendants to follow the law, and thus comply with the terms of court-ordered supervision.

In this case, all defendants deliberately and publicly disregarded repeated orders, requests, and pressure to obey the law over a sustained period of time. They did so in manner that endangered, and continues to endanger, the residents of Harney County, Oregon.

Critically, the alleged crime was not born out of impulse—it was deliberate and designed to undermine authority at every stage. As a result, each defendant appears before this Court having already demonstrated that no condition or combination of conditions could reasonably assure their appearance or the safety of the community.

That to me reads to me as a little sinister...how long i wonder until we see American citizens ending up in similar lock ups to Guantanamo bay, this is the start of a new wave of domestic terrorism that will see many more people in the slammer than these guys....how long until a simple facebook post that is anti government winds up with a swat team at your door at 3am ?

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: GeisterFahrer

And the FBI has no authorization by Congress, or the United States Constitution, to act as the military. They are Investigators.
Right. They are not military. They are part of the Department of Justice. They are law enforcement.

edit on 1/30/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeisterFahrer

a reply to: Phage

Seems to have gotten quiet in here ...

*listens*

I was actually waiting for you to espouse more "stupid" and you did not fail to disappoint.

The Governor is allowed to call upon the National Guard. She actually did call the National Guard.

They didn't set up illegal road blocks and lie in wait to ambush and murder anyone - the FBI did.

What LEOs were with the FBI I wonder? Was it the Oregon State Police? Was it the Deputies of the Sheriff of Harney County?

You are suddenly quiet on the issue of the Posse Commitatus Act ... did you finally get a chance to read it?

The actual facts are refreshing, aren't they? Well, maybe not for you...

You reference nothing, cite no evidence for your silly claims, and post error and nonsense.

You make stuff up as you go along, and not very well I might add.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

oh snap. that's what happens when you fight the government at gunpoint, they lose all trust in you. if they can go for a pistol draw it makes you wonder if they'd terrorise fed employees. what do you do with someone that is willing to kill a federal agent if they don't get their way?

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It's real.
res.cloudinary.com...

From your link ... this pretty much answers every "question" that has been thrown up here ...

By its very nature, this offense demonstrates a remarkable inability on the part of all charged defendants to follow the law, and thus comply with the terms of court-ordered supervision.

In this case, all defendants deliberately and publicly disregarded repeated orders, requests, and pressure to obey the law over a sustained period of time. They did so in manner that endangered, and continues to endanger, the residents of Harney County, Oregon.

Critically, the alleged crime was not born out of impulse—it was deliberate and designed to undermine authority at every stage. As a result, each defendant appears before this Court having already demonstrated that no condition or combination of conditions could reasonably assure their appearance or the safety of the community.

That to me reads to me as a little sinister...how long i wonder until we see American citizens ending up in similar lock ups to Guantanamo bay, this is the start of a new wave of domestic terrorism that will see many more people in the slammer than these guys....how long until a simple facebook post that is anti government winds up with a swat team at your door at 3am ?

Yikes. Better head to Canada!

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Thx but i am happy where i am, Canada is too cold and my french is a little rusty

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

It's real.
res.cloudinary.com...

American citizens who have broken State and Federal laws, repeatedly, over the space of weeks, in full sight of the entire world? Have spat on the Constitution, endangered the citizens of Oregon, and threatened Law Enforcement Officers?

Those American citizens?

They will be dealt with according tot he laws of the land, I would guess. /shrug

If the Government were the horrible monstrous Despot you and others seem to see it as ... there would have been no traffic stop ... there would have been a series of Hellfire missiles from drones out of sight miles away.

Instead, all we got was a ridiculous back-bending attempt on the part of the Feds, Oregon Police, County Police et. al. to make sure these criminals didn't harm themselves or anyone else, after being given multiple opportunities to cease their ridiculous, illegal "occupation" and go home to Nevada, Arizona, Georgia ... and wherever else.
edit on 30-1-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

It's real.
res.cloudinary.com...

Thanks. I'd just run into it on another forum so I wanted to share the info.

That doesn't surprise me at all.

Also, I think the results of parallel investigations that will come out at these trials will be most interesting. Someone should have wondered why the FBI (and the Oregon State Police for that matter) were so patient for so long.

I guess we'll find out.

I saw something else stating the FBI was still negotiating with the 4 people still in the facility. FBI negotiates with defiant Oregon refuge holdouts

The FBI has been incredibly patient. The holdouts are supposedly asking not to be arrested & to just be allowed to go home.

originally posted by: Informer1958

I didn't see that. No bail, well they will probably sit in jail until that go to trail and that could take months or a couple of years, if the prosecutor want's to drag his feet about it.

Well that a good way to shut them up, now we will have to believe everything mainstream propaganda media will tell us.

This is going to be interesting.

Thanks for posting that.

I expect something similar. And with the short attention spans of our system, I expect them to be mostly forgotten after the next 2 or 3 big "hysteria" events. Kind of like all of the people who've already forgotten the BP oil spill and the Fukushima disaster.

edit on 30-1-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

And the FBI has no authorization by Congress, or the United States Constitution, to act as the military. They are Investigators.
Right. They are not military. They are part of the Department of Justice. They are law enforcement.

And there you go, leaving out the part where they are acting as Federal Troops.

They have no Congressional Authority to act in that capacity, yet they do so anyway.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

The FBI has been incredibly patient. The holdouts are supposedly asking not to be arrested & to just be allowed to go home.

Civil disobedience at its finest. Cowards.

It's going to be a cold hungry winter for them.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

No. They aren't.

They have no Congressional Authority to act in that capacity
False.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

It's real.
res.cloudinary.com...

American citizens who have broken State and Federal laws, repeatedly, over the space of weeks, in full sight of the entire world? Have spat on the Constitution, endangered the citizens of Oregon, and threatened Law Enforcement Officers?

Those American citizens?

They will be dealt with according tot he laws of the land, I would guess. /shrug

If the Government were the horrible monstrous Despot you and others seem to see it as ... there would have been no traffic stop ... there would have been a series of Hellfire missiles from drones out of sight miles away.

Instead, all we got was a ridiculous back-bending attempt on the part of the Feds, Oregon Police, County Police et. al. to make sure these criminals didn't harm themselves or anyone else, after being given multiple opportunities to cease their ridiculous, illegal "occupation" and go home to Nevada, Arizona, Georgia ... and wherever else.

Seems like you have found them guilty without a trial.

Are you sure you know what you are babbling about?

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I think my comment may have gone over your head ......

This seems like another attempt of removing people rights,....i keep seeing the word terrorism getting thrown around and now it has moved on to domestic terrorism....pretty soon the the thought police will be on your doorstep if you dare even think something anti establishment....

For the record i am not anti establishment i am anti corruption...

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113

oh snap. that's what happens when you fight the government at gunpoint, they lose all trust in you. if they can go for a pistol draw it makes you wonder if they'd terrorise fed employees. what do you do with someone that is willing to kill a federal agent if they don't get their way?

I agree. Ironically, I really hate the concept of imprisoning people in most cases. I think it's a waste of taxpayer money and a waste of manpower. I only support jailing people when they're a harm to others (there are probably exceptions to that rule). For the most part, I prefer fines, rehabilitation, mental health evaluations, community service, and good old fashioned public shaming (or something to make breaking laws become really undesirable for personal status).

I don't agree with the Bundy gang or their logic, but I didn't want any of them to die either. Then again, if they would've stayed at home, run for office, or filed lawsuits, none of this would've happened. And the constant defiant video statements and outright threats only reinforce the belief that they're dangers to others.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

No. They aren't.

False.

Yes, they are.

You contradicted yourself.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Civil disobedience at its finest. Cowards.

It's going to be a cold hungry winter for them.

Are you saying they should 'comply or die?'

I think what they are actually protesting is something the Nazis called "lebensraum".

You know ... the confiscation of territory for the greater good? That was what the Nazis called it. looks like you would have been a great Nazi land grabber. At least, you support the corrupt people who are doing it.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeisterFahrer

No. They aren't.

False.

Yes, they are.

You contradicted yourself.

They are not military.
They have authority to make arrests.

Title 18:

§3052. Powers of Federal Bureau of Investigation

The Director, Associate Director, Assistant to the Director, Assistant Directors, inspectors, and agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation of the Department of Justice may carry firearms, serve warrants and subpoenas issued under the authority of the United States and make arrests without warrant for any offense against the United States committed in their presence, or for any felony cognizable under the laws of the United States if they have reasonable grounds to believe that the person to be arrested has committed or is committing such felony.

You should really stop saying things without haven't the slightest idea what you are talking about. People might start to wonder about you.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

LOL ... no nothing "went over my head." You're rebleating garden-variety fear-mongering.

What rights are being removed and how are these being removed?

Whose rights are being removed and who are these being removed by?

Do you understand the definition of domestic terrorism? Do you dispute that such a thing exists??? Some folks in Oklahoma City and Atlanta would disagree with you.

How exactly would "thought police" know that you had thought something "anti-establishment" ... you sound like you're talking about mind reading or telepathy or some such rot ... and if you are, we're done. If you aren't, can you be more specific?

If you were anti-corruption I think you'd have a real problem with a group of outlaws spitting on the Constitution, endangering the citizens of Oregon, whining and complaining because they're not getting enough government handouts, etc.

(Drop the light weight attempts at ad hominem. You really don't have any talent for such.
edit on 30-1-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

LOL...you think you are clever don't you ....Yes that was rhetorical in case you missed it

I think these guys are idiots and have done nothing but cause harm but that has absolutely nothing to do with what i am talking about, so yes way above your head....

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

...aaand Godwin.

You just officially "lost." LOL

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join