It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon protest leader Ammon Bundy is arrested, says source

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dystopian7
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Wasn't the charge claim or at least the claim that his hands were not on his head debunked in the thread about the very topic?

Since it is agreed on the he charged them...
A. How did he do so?
1.with his gun/s
2.with his body? Football offensive tackle... Lineman. Or. With his head... Headbutting

With num. 2 ...plus being and older man the officers could not stop him without firing?

Maybe you are forgetting something. The truck was stuck in the snow, about 50 feet away from the road. The windows were shot out.

Was he charging them while slipping and sliding on the snow, or from inside the truck?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: CommandoJoe

Its fairly clear he was targeted for execution. Murdered.

I am in 100% agreement. They have been painting him as a right wing conspiracy theorist nutjob with a hate on for the government - even took his kids away from him.

He was the one they wanted to make an example of for the entire country.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I was pointing out the similarity of the emboldened text from the quote, and tweetie's comment.

Tweetie said: "I didn't agree with the all of the protesters' methods but I understood what they were doing and why, and that it was important for all of the U.S. to see what was happening. "

Is that suitable?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: GeisterFahrer

I wonder if the can test their weapons and see if they fired any back l, or at all?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
a reply to: onequestion

I was pointing out the similarity of the emboldened text from the quote, and tweetie's comment.

Tweetie said: "I didn't agree with the all of the protesters' methods but I understood what they were doing and why, and that it was important for all of the U.S. to see what was happening. "

Is that suitable?

Yea naturally there is going to be some clumsiness........the people are trying to take back power and are sort of out of shape.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

You actually get this...Cattlemen are the scourge of this country. They tried to drag the rest of the country in, to satisfy their need to free grazing etc..and make it out to be 2nd amendment....these arseholes are the very people who fekked our country up, and now theyre tryin to fek up our right to peacefully protest by being jag offs.

Eff any cattleman, eff em all and stop trying to co-op the legitimacy of the 2nd amendment, with your stupid hillbilly bs. Dumb asses. Gee look I have a gun, I deserve to do what I want...yeehaaw the 2nd.,

Im a ccw guy and a huge gun advocate but these guys are dillholes.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Can you show us an example of someone saying something about grazing rights at all?

A quote, or link to someone's statement?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
a reply to: tweetie

"I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of goodwill is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection."
-- Martin Luther King, Jr., "Letter from the Birmingham Jail", 1963

Oh, wow! I never saw that quote before from Dr. King. Interesting. Well, I tend to be moderate, yes. Perhaps it's PTSD and not liking violence or mayhem because my nervous system is easily overwhelmed and it can take days to settle down. There are those much more bold, strong and brave than I who can tolerate extreme states of stress and uncertainty to make a stand for what is just. Thanks for the quote.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

What is readily apparent though, is one of your "Bundites" is dead. A guy who looked pretty rational and even-handed to me.

Now how can anyone take what you say seriously when "A guy who looked pretty rational and even-handed to me." is the same wackadoodle that gave the (oh I'm armed & not gonna take it anymore) interview while hiding under a blue tarp in the snow.

Damn
K~

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Gee look I have a gun, I deserve to do what I want

That sums up this movement, the Tea Party and all other right wing movements in America.

Uneducated, irresponsible morons are mad because life isn't easy in the modern world so they want to attack everyone instead of figuring out how to succeed.

I see a lot of people like this where I live currently. They have giant expensive trucks filled with dirtbikes, atv's, snowmobiles, pulling big trailers and yet they say the government is bad because they can't pay their taxes because they blow all their money on immature crap.

And a lot of them get paid a bunch of subsidies from the government yet they still complain about it.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: antar

An 18 year old girl was used by her father in a complex suicide by cop.

Do you remember where you read that she was his daughter? I'm not sure that's true.

I ask because of this:

Victoria Sharp is one of 10 children of Odalis Sharp, whose family performs religious and patriotic music. Odalis Sharp took seven of her children to Oregon last weekend to perform for the armed occupiers at the refuge. The family, of Auburn, Kan., appeared on a video taken Saturday at the wildlife refuge.

Kansas woman found herself inside Oregon gunbattle

ETA: Maybe the confusion is because one of Mr. Finicum's daughters posted about it on her facebook page basically repeating what Victoria Sharp stated.

I want the world to know how my father was murdered today. His hands were in the air and he was shot in the face by the American authorities. Ammon Bundy reported there are 6 witnesses to this evil.

Something I don't understand about that either. According to the Nevada Assemblywoman Michele Fiore, Ammon Bundy claimed to be an eyewitness to Finicum's death -- at least, that's what Fiore says he told his wife and his wife told her. But the first guy on the OP video, who was the driver of the vehicle Ammon was in, said he did not witness the actual shooting. I suppose there could have been a tree or shrub or something in the driver's line of vision.

I also wonder why he and Ms Sharp are the only ones who were taken to a local jail, and everyone else was taken up to Portland. Actually, I only wonder about him. Why was he only detained and released? (Just musing out loud... no response necessary).
edit on 27-1-2016 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: pteridine

Did you listen to the witness account or are you making up your own story?

Yes. The witnesses who have spoken so far have a vested interest in the big, bad government making a martyr to the cause. The idea that this was a planned assassination is unrealistic. Capturing everybody alive and not making martyrs is to the advantage of the Government. In my opinion, LaVoy did what he said he would do and was not taken alive.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

Aside from addressing issues locally (local government) in one's territory and to keep addressing them until there is an improvement (without breaking the law), and asking the local media to shine a light on issues if the proper response does not happen then there is this:

Thank you for responding to my question. I like your idea, if it will work. However the mainstream media is controlled by many factions in our government.

I assume you are talking about Redressing our government. I have been reading for many years of many important issues that the public tried to redress our government and got no where, in many cases the people were stone walled.

Sandy hook, 911, are just the tip of the ice burg where the public were stone walled, then the government started classifying their own corruption. Another example Hillary's emails, now the State Department has classified all her email top secrete.

What we are all witnessing is a government that is way to big and can not be held accountable.

Don't laugh. I signed a petition last year I came across at a website and since then I receive all sorts of petitions in my email box. Some I sign, some I am not interested in. I have yet to start my own. I have watched amazing changes happen very rapidly via these petitions that people type up and send out. It works.

If the website can get some real media attention, I believe it can work providing there are hundreds of thousands signatures. Yes I can see that working.

However if the government becomes to corrupt, they can remove the website and stop all petitions if they want to.

Just saying, I have seen a lot of government corruption in my life time and I can assure you it is getting worst threw the years as it has grown to big and out of control.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: pteridine

Your clue should be that it was called a "traffic stop"......which is rhetoric and dumbazz code speak.....like hay Barney Fife saw a tail light out and things went south from there Alice In Wonderland sort of bovine random field dump i.e. Americans are so F'in stupid.

what it is called by you or anyone else doesn't change the outcome. It was called a felony traffic stop which doesn't mean that a tail light was out. Ohio is in America.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

He took Lavoy's death very personally, and it seems to have sent him over the edge.

So just another irrational nut spoiling for fight he already lost.

K~

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Eye witness report..www.facebook.com...

Eyewitness testimony from the driver of Bundy's vehicle. He states that Lavoy fled the scene and refutes the story that he was shot on his knees.. hands in the air and all of the other bull hickey going around.. But believe what you want, you were obviously all there..

Found a YouTube link (for those that don't FaceSpace)..

edit on 1/27/2016 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Something was brought to my attention today by an ATSer who emailed me, a wonderful poster I might add.

There appears to be a clash different ideas about this Oregon event that happened last night. I was trying to understand why some on here were so venomous against the militia.

I believe I understand what the problem is and no, I am not pointing any finger to anyone on here.

We have two groups of people all over the world, we have the younger groups and an older groups of people here.

I am in the older group so my "opinions" are very upsetting to the younger groups, why I say this is because I was taught in school and tested about the Constitutions, and the Bill of Rights. In fact it was mandatory to understand our real history and what our founding Fathers fought for and wrote about.

Today's generation are not taught about the Constitutions, or the Bill of Rights if anything they are taught not to ask questions, and authority is not to be question. Not in all cases but in many.

The American history that my generation was taught is not been taught to the younger generation today. That is why some on here venomously attacking the militia and wish they would be gone.

I to, do not agree with how the militia handled certain things in Oregon, however I understand why they came there and why they took a stand, something the younger generation do not understand.

It is up to the older generation to educated their children outside of the school system to the truth.

The younger generation believes Redressing our government will work. When I was young man, Redress did work in most cases, however thing have changed in government and the fact is, if the government doesn't want to be bothered by Redressing, they will simply classify all their documents, and ignore the people.
edit on 27-1-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

edit on 27-1-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Wow, everything you've been saying I've said to myself many times. It's nice to hear from like-minded individuals, especially the parts about it being too late for change unless an all out revolution occurred. Sorry everyone, but assembling somewhere holding cute pieces of paper with passive aggressive messages on them won't change a ****ing thing. If I were someone those protests were aimed at I'd laugh.

I also wouldn't mind packing up and leaving, like you said, too much "noise" in this country.

A quick jump onto yahoo will show where our priorities currently lie in this country, as you'll see story after story about celebrities over REAL issues. I know yahoo isn't exactly the be all end all, but I think you catch my drift.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Schmoe55

I also wouldn't mind packing up and leaving, like you said, too much "noise" in this country.

Go for it.
Or was that just an idle threat?

edit on 1/27/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join