It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon protest leader Ammon Bundy is arrested, says source

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

I'm sure I'm as old as you and had the same education.

This isn't about the Constitution. This is about some religious nuts and other whacked out losers who want hand outs from the government and are justifying it with pseudo-patriotic blather. A bunch of buffoons who took women and children with them on an armed standoff---a courageous occupation of a bird sanctuary.

edit on 27-1-2016 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

Just think, that guy that charged the cop and got killed was probably thinking he was starting the 2nd American revolution.

Except for the fact it's a bunch of people occupying a federal building in a town where even the locals wish they would go away.

If they leave now, they might just be subliminally harassed by the government.........................

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

I can only imagine their reactions when they find out that Ammon and his brother are gonna testify against them.

edit on 103131p://5926 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

So. No civil war then? Failed fantasy?
No. Just a demonstration of rationality over its converse.

Not looking like a shootout at the Malheur, but you never know.

BTW, I'm over 60 and I remember the 60s. The radicals didn't stop the war. It was rational people that did.

edit on 1/27/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I've never seen "wouldn't mind" taken as a threat. Bored Phage?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Schmoe55

Oh, ok forget the threat part.
Feel free to leave. Any time you wish.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Thank you for your permission sir.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: gpols
Just think, that guy that charged the cop and got killed was probably thinking he was starting the 2nd American revolution.

Charles Manson thought the same thing...

ooops.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

You're welcome.
Would you like to make a reservation now?
Will that be visa or mastercard?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Cash, please. And thank you for your hospitality.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I'm a long time reader of this site but only recently joined, I haven't seen your thoughts on this. Do you think this country can change without an all out revolution?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

In fact it was mandatory to understand our real history and what our founding Fathers fought for and wrote about

You mean real history like the founding fathers were highly educated literate men who were into reading, philosophy and learning from other cultures instead of being retarded, selfish, lazy, violent morons like the criminals in Oregon?

The reason people don't like them is because they are dinosaurs that represent everything bad about our history and want to hold everyone else back from living beyond the 19th century.

The constitution has little to do with it, it's just a smokescreen for right-wing extremists who are fighting to keep from being left behind by evolution.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Our country has been changing since the day it started, as have its citizens.

So...yes.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I don't see the America that was preached and indoctrinated into me throughout years of public education. I hardly see equality, I see my government recruiting Nazi scientists in '49, experimenting on civilians (Tuskegee experiments), tinkering around with mind control (Mk-Ultra), and above all - I see a general populace that cares about the NFL (118 million viewers) as much as they do.

The onslaught of "reality television," advertising, depictions of "beauty/healthiness," a government dictating what I can read, smoke, and drink - and these are more social issues than anything. A culture that values nihilism, that idolizes the worst in people and worships celebrities who have contributed absolutely nothing to society.

The term I can sum it all up with is "noise," GE foods/plants, a shift in sexual/drug based music, go to any comment section based on anything and look at the way people treat one another, an addiction to consumerism/materialism... Black Friday, for instance, I just don't want any part of it.

I have absolutely no desire to be "famous," or "wealthy." I'm just a dude, who would prefer to live a simple life - and for some, this is the reality of their everyday life in America.

But for others, such as myself - the two simply aren't comparable. I have no desire to continue living in a country in which a State can designate something legal, yet I could still be in legal trouble at a Federal level, and that's the economic/political side. The beaucracy is absolutely enormous, there are over 80 government agencies with their own SWAT teams! The Department of Education has a SWAT team!

It's just madness, and no - I do not advocate for revolution in the traditional means of over-throwing a government, "revolution," was a radically different term in 1776... they did not have space-based weaponary, NATO, aircraft carriers, Apache helicopters - I would rather not experience a bloody civil war.

I've been ridiculed by virtually everyone I know for suggesting that I would rather move out of the country than live here for my entire life, and it's often met with statements such as; "Where would you go? North Korea? China?," as if America is the only country in the world that one can live in and remain to be free.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Our country has been changing since the day it started, as have its citizens.

So...yes.

Absolutely.

Corporations are now citizens, and their bribes are free speech.

I can only imagine how it will "change," in 30, perhaps 40 years later whenever I plan on having grandchildren.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Snarl :

LOL ... Your government sure got yours, din' they? Now your streets are owned by immigrants ... and there's naught you can do about it.

LOL! You know as much about Britain as I do the other side of the universe. Government sure got ours...huh? Got ours what? What the hell are you talking about?
Streets owned by immigrants? Where? What streets? Name them? Last I looked, parts of LA were owned by 'armed' gangs. So what's your point?
There's plenty we're going to do about it, just watch us over the next year or so, especially when we say bye bye to the EU. The shock waves will rattle around the world.

I can't think of the last time we had a Waco-style stand off, here in Britain, or even a Ruby Ridge. This Oregon thing just handed your dream to you in a bag full of Sh1t!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I can only imagine how it will "change," in 30, perhaps 40 years later whenever I plan on having grandchildren.

So. You're a youngster.
Good.

Don't bail like that other guy.

edit on 1/28/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: gpols

Charles Manson thought the same thing...

ooops.

Did he? I'm not into Charles Manson. But when posting on a MK-Ultra mind control thread I had some stuff typed I ended up deleting about Charles Manson and Cults. How he was able to convince people to kill for him without lifting a finger. That's neither here or there with this thread though.

So eh. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

If I'm correct this is the ex-Army Ranger that said he "went there to die" right? I guess he can chalk that up as mission accomplished.
edit on 28-1-2016 by gpols because: ¯_(ツ)_/¯

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: gpols

That's neither here or there with this thread though.

Are you sure?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Go look in the mirror and you will have the answer. The militia, contrary to the insistence of the media, is not an "anti-government hate group." It is not a group of uneducated, backwoods, inbred, hicks who date their sisters. It is not made up of malcontents bent on destroying America. Militiamen are not misfits, they are not psychologically damaged mental defectives.

They are you...

But, don't take my word for it, read the words of the founding fathers:

The unorganized militia (legally speaking) is made up of "...all able bodied males between the ages of 17 and 45..." We are all militia. You, me, your dad, your neighbor, your brother, your boss, your dry cleaner, the mail man, the stock boy at the grocery store, the cook at your favorite restaurant, and the cable guy are all members of the unorganized militia.

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms
each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia.
Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an
American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or
state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
-- Tench Coxe, 1788.

"And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from
time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take
arms...the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood
of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
-- Thomas Jefferson

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared
to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic
purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice
for that freedom."
-- John F. Kennedy
(okay, so JFK was't a founding father, but this quote is just as valid as any)

www.awrm.org...

edit on 28-1-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join