It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon protest leader Ammon Bundy is arrested, says source

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
This standoff seems to be coming to an end.
Three more militia have been arrested outside the Malhuer Wildlife Refuge, 5 others allowed to go free:

At approximately 3:30 p.m. PT, the FBI made probable cause arrests of Duane Leo Ehmer, age 45, of Irrigon, Ore., and Dylan Wade Anderson, age 34, of Provo, Utah. At approximately, 7:40 p.m., agents made a probable cause arrest of Jason S. Patrick, age 43, of Bonaire, Ga. All were in contact with the FBI, and each chose to turn himself into agents at a checkpoint outside the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. The arrests were without incident.

source
second source

This Citizens for Constitutional Freedom facebook page stated that the FBI gave the remaining occupiers until 4:00 a.m. local time to leave.
edit on 1/28/2016 by Olivine because: add info and link

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

In fact it was mandatory to understand our real history and what our founding Fathers fought for and wrote about

You mean real history like the founding fathers were highly educated literate men who were into reading, philosophy and learning from other cultures instead of being retarded, selfish, lazy, violent morons like the criminals in Oregon?

The reason people don't like them is because they are dinosaurs that represent everything bad about our history and want to hold everyone else back from living beyond the 19th century.

The constitution has little to do with it, it's just a smokescreen for right-wing extremists who are fighting to keep from being left behind by evolution.

The Founders certainly were violent. Maybe you fell asleep the day the American Revolution was taught in class? The British called them, and I quote .."dinosaurs that represent everything bad about England and our history, and want to hold everyone else back from living beyond the 18th century". They were even called redneck white trash trailer park rejects by the King.

Just so you know ... now you are smarter than you were yesterday.

They didn't sit around the Rainbow Flag and read poetry to each other - in case you may have often wondered about that day you fell asleep.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine
Not really a standoff, was it?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

I'm sure I'm as old as you and had the same education.

This isn't about the Constitution. This is about some religious nuts and other whacked out losers who want hand outs from the government and are justifying it with pseudo-patriotic blather. A bunch of buffoons who took women and children with them on an armed standoff---a courageous occupation of a bird sanctuary.

I disagree.

When all your freedoms are finally gone, and the government becomes very Tyrannical which it is becoming, and takes everything you have, don't bother calling the militia for help, because they will be the last stand between a corrupt out of control government and you. Just walk away happy, and be glad your alive.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Gee look I have a gun, I deserve to do what I want

That sums up this movement, the Tea Party and all other right wing movements in America.

Uneducated, irresponsible morons are mad because life isn't easy in the modern world so they want to attack everyone instead of figuring out how to succeed.

I see a lot of people like this where I live currently. They have giant expensive trucks filled with dirtbikes, atv's, snowmobiles, pulling big trailers and yet they say the government is bad because they can't pay their taxes because they blow all their money on immature crap.

And a lot of them get paid a bunch of subsidies from the government yet they still complain about it.

That's interesting, because I live in a place where there are a lot of people like you that feel those people with those giant trucks, atv's etc. don't deserve to have them - because when they complain about being taxed to death, that might just make it impossible for you to collect food stamps and welfare.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

When all your freedoms are finally gone, and the government becomes very Tyrannical which it is becoming, and takes everything you have

Ah, you mean like the freedom for women and blacks to vote. The freedom for blacks to enter the same places as whites. For people to marry whomever they wish. Stuff like that?

Seems that more rights have been acquired than lost since the founding. But maybe that's just my point of view.

The government took nothing from the Bundites.
edit on 1/28/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Seems that more rights have been acquired than lost since the founding. But maybe that's just my point of view.

PATRIOT Act

The USA PATRIOT Act broadly expands law enforcement's surveillance and investigative powers and represents one of the most significant threats to civil liberties, privacy, and democratic traditions in US history.

What is PATRIOT?

The USA PATRIOT Act (officially the Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act) was quickly developed as anti-terrorism legislation in response to the September 11, 2001 attacks. The large and complex law received little Congressional oversight and debate and was signed into law by President George W. Bush on October 26, 2001.

PATRIOT gives sweeping search and surveillance to domestic law enforcement and foreign intelligence agencies and eliminates checks and balances that previously gave courts the opportunity to ensure that those powers were not abused. PATRIOT and follow-up legislation.

www.eff.org...

Define what is a terrorist? Who will determine what groups of Americans are terrorist?

Lets see, according to the propaganda mainstream media:

The tea party.

Anyone that supports and defends the Constitution.

Veterans.

The Militia.

People who support the right to have Guns.

Truthers.

Whistle Blowers.

Journalist.

Protesters.

Well, that is 60% our population. We The People are classified as Terrorist.

The government took nothing from the Bundites

Your right, they killed one of them and injured another one. Yeah, your right they didn't take anything from them.

edit on 28-1-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

I'm sure I'm as old as you and had the same education.

This isn't about the Constitution. This is about some religious nuts and other whacked out losers who want hand outs from the government and are justifying it with pseudo-patriotic blather. A bunch of buffoons who took women and children with them on an armed standoff---a courageous occupation of a bird sanctuary.

When and how did these "religious nuts and other whacked out losers" surrender their Constitutional rights?
Why would women and children be barred from exercising their Constitutional rights?

You are obviously part of the authoritarian brigades who believe that rights should be based on agreement of all political, social, economic and spiritual philosophy. That some are more worth of "rights" than others because you don't agree with some aspect of their lives. In 1776 you would have gone about screeching "Long live Good King George!" because only common, lowlife people would complain about a tax on tea.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I agree the Patriot act sucks in many ways.

Lets see, according to the propaganda mainstream media: ...
Well, that is 60% our population. We The People are classified as Terrorist.
Who cares what the MSM says. That is not what the law says.

Your right, they killed one of them and injured one of them. Yeah, your right they didn't take anything from them.
They broke the law. One did not comply with demands to surrender to arrest. If it was an act of "civil disobedience" they knew the consequences would be arrest but one at least, apparently, wanted more than that. Wanted to be martyrized. It didn't work.

Rosa Parks knew the consequences of her actions. She knew she would be arrested. But then, she was also not armed. Nor did she make claims about rather being dead than imprisoned. She started something that amounted to something, something greater than herself.

The Bundites were only about themselves.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Rosa Parks knew the consequences of her actions. She knew she would be arrested. But then, she was also not armed.

Neither were the militia when one was shot dead in cold blood. Your point?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

May I ask for the part of the Constitution that gives leave to disobey the laws of the land whenever one feels like it?

Thank you kindly.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Neither were the militia when one was shot dead in cold blood.

Upon what do you base that claim?
The Bundites did not loudly proclaim they were armed and ready to fight?

edit on 1/28/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Ah, you mean like the freedom for women and blacks to vote. The freedom for blacks to enter the same places as whites. For people to marry whomever they wish. Stuff like that?

Phage thinks freedom and voting is REAL?
If this is true can I stop paying my taxes and throw away all my paid for government licenses etc....

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Upon what do you base that claim?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Oh. A youtube.
I stand corrected.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Phage thinks freedom and voting is REAL?
If this is true can I stop paying my taxes and throw away all my paid for government licenses etc....

That would seem to fit the definition of a non sequitur.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Oh. A youtube.
I stand corrected.

Are you going to suggest this eyewitness is a lair?

Or do you believe propaganda media and the corrupt BLM and the FBI?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: diggindirt

May I ask for the part of the Constitution that gives leave to disobey the laws of the land whenever one feels like it?

Thank you kindly.

That is in the Declaration of Independence.

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed

When did you give consent?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Are you going to suggest this eyewitness is a lair?

I will certainly not discount the possibility, in light of the fact that there is another eyewitness who provides an entirely different version.

Are you going to suggest that law enforcement had no reason to believe that the Bundites were armed?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Mr. Fincom announced that he wouldn't be leaving the "protest" alive. Sadly, he was right.

Mr. Bundy has asked everyone to go home because the protest aka illegal occupation is now over.

The Feds, Oregon State Police, and probably the Country Sheriff's office cooperated to end illegal activity which could have resulted in dozens of casualties with only one death and one injury.

These are facts. Most anything else is rhetoric.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join