It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon protest leader Ammon Bundy is arrested, says source

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Here's a recording of a woman that was in the car at the time, she is an eye witness and was not arrested - She confirms that LaVoy was shot while his hands were up and they fired several more shots after he was on the ground. In addition she says that only law enforcement fired (Over 100 rounds), and that the militia never touched their guns - they had their hands out of the windows...

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
a reply to: daaskapital

Yes, i called the militiamen terrorists. Sure, they haven't killed any civilians, but their desire to take up arms for political causes have led to them forcefully occupying a federal building and engaging in a gunfight with authorities. They are making no attempts to hide their desire to have a shootout with the police currently surrounding the reserve too.

So my question is the same for you: What can Americans do if Redress doesn't work in confronting a corrupt government?

It is a very simple question, yet no one on here can answer it, or they chose not to.

Conveniently, you left out my response to that question in your quote. You also never considered the responses of others.

It's pointless debating with you and others, who twist people's words and don't pay attention. I welcome debates, but this is verging on being pointless.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Wasn't the charge claim or at least the claim that his hands were not on his head debunked in the thread about the very topic?

Since it is agreed on the he charged them...
A. How did he do so?
1.with his gun/s
2.with his body? Football offensive tackle... Lineman. Or. With his head... Headbutting

With num. 2 ...plus being and older man the officers could not stop him without firing?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
You are proposing that we change our system of government from a Republic to a democracy. Yep, let the two wolves and a sheep vote on what's for dinner. Let the mob rule.
Perhaps it is you who should consider carefully what you are proposing? One day you might be the sheep.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CommandoJoe

Its fairly clear he was targeted for execution. Murdered.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: pteridine

The FBI said that those leaving would be identified at the checkpoints and then sent home.

Thats not what happened. The did felony stops,shot and killed somebody, arresting everyone else.

You can believe the Friggin Bureau of Inquisition if you like…

I don't believe anything the media says the government says.

What happened already is that one of the people who was told to stop apparently didn't and got himself shot. Darwin at work.
What is said to happen next is that those leaving the facility would be identified at the checkpoints and then sent home. Purportedly, they are not to be subjected to felony stops, just ID stops. Mostly, they are just tagalongs to the occupiers and ID will suffice now that the boss manipulator is in the slammer.
I wonder if they will set a bail for him?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Haha, believe me I'm aware of the difference, I just thought I would join in with the crowd of spreading ridiculous exaggerations.

I agree with mostly everything you say, I appreciate your response.

Again - I'm quite aware of the differences, but this has not stopped the myriad of posts centering around absolutely absurd hypotheticals... so I thought I'd throw mine into the mix.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
a reply to: daaskapital

Here's a question for you, if Redress doesn't work, then what are the American people to do when the government has overstep their power and has broken the laws?

Aside from addressing issues locally (local government) in one's territory and to keep addressing them until there is an improvement (without breaking the law), and asking the local media to shine a light on issues if the proper response does not happen then there is this:

Change dot org

Don't laugh. I signed a petition last year I came across at a website and since then I receive all sorts of petitions in my email box. Some I sign, some I am not interested in. I have yet to start my own. I have watched amazing changes happen very rapidly via these petitions that people type up and send out. It works.
edit on 27-1-2016 by tweetie because: correction

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CommandoJoe

The Nazis don't need trials or due process they just go a guns blazing at all times.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Did you listen to the witness account or are you making up your own story?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

What happened already is that one of the people who was told to stop apparently didn't and got himself shot. Darwin at work.

According to the only eyewitness statement made public (that I know of), what happened already is that Mr. Finicum did in fact stop the vehicle, and he was shot at with his head and empty hands outside the window, while telling the feds that there were women in the vehicle, and asking to at least let them get out. It was only after they were shot at without provocation that they fled the scene, rightfully in fear for the lives.

If this is true, then I assume that when the vehicle subsequently crashed into a snowbank, in order to protect the women in the vehicle, he made himself the target by approaching the feds to draw their fire away from the vehicle. I'm sure even he didn't expect the feds to send a barrage of gunfire into the vehicle.

What is said to happen next is that those leaving the facility would be identified at the checkpoints and then sent home. Purportedly, they are not to be subjected to felony stops, just ID stops.

Murderers say lots of things. Past, present, and ongoing abuses by fed agencies prove they cannot be trusted.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Your clue should be that it was called a "traffic stop"......which is rhetoric and dumbazz code speak.....like hay Barney Fife saw a tail light out and things went south from there Alice In Wonderland sort of bovine random field dump i.e. Americans are so F'in stupid.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

Change dot org

Don't laugh. I signed a petition last year I came across at a website and since then I receive all sorts of petitions in my email box. Some I sign, some I am not interested in. I have yet to start my own. I have watched amazing changes happen very rapidly via these petitions that people type up and send out. It works.

I'm not laughing -- that's a great idea! At the very least, it spreads awareness to everyone who gets the petition in their email.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Murderers say lots of things. Past, present, and ongoing abuses by fed agencies prove they cannot be trusted.

Hear one hear all.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire
So you admit to being part of spreading disinformation by laughing about it?
At least you are honest about your dishonesty.

I'm guessing I was right about your education. I don't blame you for learning to BOW DOWN to ANY authority, no matter how wrong the authority might be.
I might not agree with the protesters methods but that doesn't give me the right to trivialize their abuse at the hands of the most powerful government on earth. It doesn't give you that right either just because they're not protesting the things you hold most important. To me, there is nothing more important than protecting your family. The whole protest got started because two good men were victimized by an agency of the federal government for protecting their family and property. They are currently being held in a federal prison because a federal prosecutor is crazy, bat-spit crazy, something the feds have yet to address.
This is about decades and decades of federal abuse of citizens. It didn't start when the protesters occupied the refuge. It actually began in the latter years of the 19th century. Expand your mind beyond what your teachers told you and what was printed in government-approved textbooks. All of the abuses you outlined in your many posts can be traced back if you have the discipline and interest to do the research.
We're all victims when there is one victim. One does not have to be a perfect person to enjoy the rights outlined for us in the founding documents.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Change dot org

I'm not laughing -- that's a great idea! At the very least, it spreads awareness to everyone who gets the petition in their email.

It is a good idea and it brings results.
I was floored when I saw how quickly it worked with some of the petitions I signed.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: xuenchen

What kind of man allows his 18 year old daughter to even be in such a potentially dangerous and heated situation?

A Free Man.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
a reply to: RomeByFire
So you admit to being part of spreading disinformation by laughing about it?
At least you are honest about your dishonesty.

I'm guessing I was right about your education. I don't blame you for learning to BOW DOWN to ANY authority, no matter how wrong the authority might be.
I might not agree with the protesters methods but that doesn't give me the right to trivialize their abuse at the hands of the most powerful government on earth. It doesn't give you that right either just because they're not protesting the things you hold most important. To me, there is nothing more important than protecting your family. The whole protest got started because two good men were victimized by an agency of the federal government for protecting their family and property. They are currently being held in a federal prison because a federal prosecutor is crazy, bat-spit crazy, something the feds have yet to address.
This is about decades and decades of federal abuse of citizens. It didn't start when the protesters occupied the refuge. It actually began in the latter years of the 19th century. Expand your mind beyond what your teachers told you and what was printed in government-approved textbooks. All of the abuses you outlined in your many posts can be traced back if you have the discipline and interest to do the research.
We're all victims when there is one victim. One does not have to be a perfect person to enjoy the rights outlined for us in the founding documents.

What you wrote is a good education for anyone who doesn't really understand what this whole thing was/is about. I didn't agree with the all of the protesters' methods but I understood what they were doing and why, and that it was important for all of the U.S. to see what was happening.

(Twas kind of odd/funny how quickly the "resolution" was enacted after Ms. Clinton was implicated. Just sayin', as they say.)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

"I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of goodwill is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection."
-- Martin Luther King, Jr., "Letter from the Birmingham Jail", 1963

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Wait... Why did you bring Dr. King into it?

Can you explain more?

new topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join