It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon protest leader Ammon Bundy is arrested, says source

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Here is another Oregon News outlet with eyewitness account
of the shot up car that had traveled up onto a snow embankment.
( which happens to match account by Victoria Sharp )

A Grant County resident was one of the first witnesses on the scene...
He took pictures, which are posted on at this news link.
Shows Black SUVS and other vehicles.

Dave Hannibal, Dayville, was on U.S. Highway 395 near the Devine Ridge summit 50 miles south of John Day Tuesday afternoon when he came across four vehicles of FBI agents. An FBI agent had a conversation with Hannibal, telling him he couldn’t pass until they were finished. Only later did he realize that the FBI was waiting for the Bundy caravan to come by on Highway 395.

Then Hannibal sat on the side of the road and watched from afar, taking photos.

He saw law enforcement arrest two people in the rear vehicle. There was no fight, from what he saw. The detainees were handcuffed and sat on the highway. He saw two people he had seen on the news, but he couldn’t name them with certainty.

Hannibal stayed there well into the night; they eventually let him drive through the scene. He was told there was a dead body ahead.

He saw a vehicle about a quarter or half a mile up the road and the passenger-side window appeared to have been shot out. That vehicle had left the highway and probably traveled 50 feet up into the snow. www.bluemountaineagle.com...

I hope for a peaceful outcome.

edit on 27-1-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Well she clearly comes from intelligent stock... so obviously she has the ability to count the number of rounds fired in a situation like that.

What a horrible vicious stereotype that comment was.

Is there a more politically correct way one should say that the man's daughter is overwrought at the death of her father and may not be the best witness to actual facts at the moment?

So as not to offend?

"Well she clearly comes from intelligent stock... so obviously she has the ability to count the number of rounds fired in a situation like that."

That's not what was said, that comment was criticizing a dead man, and pointing towards his daughter as being less than intelligent. Both of which are disgusting sentiments, no matter what you think this man paid his debts he is dead do not speak ill of him or his daughter in this context.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
There are a lot of people on this thread that should be ashamed of themselves.
Shame on you for buying what you have been told by mainstream media, and shame on you for simply dismissing this and wishing that the full weight of the federal government would crush these people. No one should wish for a government so powerful that it can on a whim crush people that might in some way fall outside of the mainstream.

That is what this is all about!

Its not about the Bundys personal situation which has been wildly misreported in mainstream media sources. I know folks who were there for that standoff personally, and I know one person who has visited this standoff as well.
The Bundys wanted their name recognition to shed light on the problem with the BLM that a significant number of ranchers in the west are facing. Period. They want a return to constitutional government. They want a government that has less power to harm the lives of its citizens.

I feel the exact same way.

These are good people with honest intentions. These are not "cultist". Some of you may ascribe that label to the LDS and honestly I can see why but thats not what was at play here. Not all of the people present are LDS.

The arrest has been reported by two sources that were questioned and released One was the driver of the second vehicle, the other was an 18 year old female in the truck with LaVoy, Ryan Bundy and others. She reported a different account than the male driver of the second vehicle. She reported that they were stopped and Ryan had his hands and head out the window of the truck as did everyone else sitting by a window. She reported that the feds were lining the road and opened fire on them. LaVoy hit the gas and ran the truck into a snow bank trying to avoid the fire. Ryan was hit but only grazed. LaVoy got out of the truck when it hit the snow bank. He was moving away from the truck with his hands up. He was shot at least twice. He fell to the ground and was shot three more times. The truck was hit dozens of times and she reported that there were more agents and cars than she could count.

Please note that this took place while the two vehicles were in route to speak to a meeting of local ranchers and town people. Much has been made about how the "locals dont want them there" well thats not really the case either. There were several hundred people at the meeting as reported by Mainstream sources via twitter last night. These people were agitated and demanding to know why the Bundys were not going to appear. When told that they had been arrested there was a general demand for answers regarding the situation. The meeting was not to "set up a shadow government" as some of these dishonest media sources are claiming. So in route to this meeting the trucks are stopped in a very specific area....a National wilderness. Which means that Federal agencies are the only ones with jurisdiction to investigate on federal property. This was an ambush with an attempt to limit the witnesses and ability to get to the truth of the situation.

Now many of you are smiling that condescending smile because you think they got what they deserved. You have a problem with the fact that the government did not crack them over the skull as quick as they did with the OWS crowd or some of the other "good protesters". Someone even made a stupid comment suggesting that because they are armed that their protest is somehow invalid??? Stupid!
You dont seem to be able to add two plus two. When you are armed the goons treat you with respect. It levels the playing field. I have stood on the steps of my State capital building in armed protest. We were at first being told that we could not protest and then when confronted the capital police understood that it was going to happen one way or the other. Either they were going to let us protest or they were going to have to confront 50 armed men and women and try to arrest us. They spoke with their supervisor who understood how bad of an idea that was and we carried on. We peacefully had our say, and at the appropriate time we left and went home. We did not damage anything, nor did we leave any trash or lingering problems. We got the law passed that we wanted. We conducted a number of other armed protests and we were told by those same capital police that we were some of the most polite and respectful protesters that they ever dealt with. You want to know why the response was different to OWS? Because we can shoot back.

The appropriate response to this occupation would have been federal congressmen and senators coming to the refuge and agreeing to meetings and hearings on the outrages of the BLM. It would have been a agreement to look into the case of the hammonds again and see if wrongdoing took place in the prosecution. Then everyone would have went home.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

What kind of man allows his 18 year old daughter to even be in such a potentially dangerous and heated situation?

Stop demonizing.

Victoria Sharp was on her way to a community meeting with her father. These people did not know they were going to be ambushed by the feds.

There was no dangerous and heated situation going on while they were going to a public meeting in the militia mind. This was a peaceful demonstration to begin with and still was until the FBI was ordered to ambushed these people on their way to their meeting.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
I don't recall anyone screaming for the militia's heads on these boards. If anything the commentary was how ridiculous the whole thing was since clearly the townspeople didn't want their intervention or assistance.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Wouldn't it be great if that kind of mutual respect for each other and all Americans still existed?

Sadly, it just doesn't.

And, as gently as possible, who are you to tell others how they can speak or what they can say?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

What kind of man allows his 18 year old daughter to even be in such a potentially dangerous and heated situation?

Victoria Sharp was on her way to a community meeting with her father. These people did not know they were going to be ambushed by the feds.

Are you saying "these people" were oblivious to the fact this would eventually be the inevitable outcome of initiating an armed occupation of a federal building?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Dragoon01

The appropriate response to this occupation would have been federal congressmen and senators coming to the refuge and agreeing to meetings and hearings on the outrages of the BLM. It would have been a agreement to look into the case of the hammonds again and see if wrongdoing took place in the prosecution. Then everyone would have went home.

Thank you.

I agree with your post, and I agree this situation could have been handled much differently and safer. However I get the feeling that the Powers That Be did not want a good outcome to this event.

I am convince the government wanted someone killed in the militia to set an example to the rest of Americans that this is what will happened if you join any militia groups.

All this has done now is aggravated the situation. This is not over.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Dave Hannibal, of Dayville, didn’t see the encounter between the man who was fatally shot by police, but watched as others were taken in custody.

East Oregonian - Grant County resident witnessed arrests of occupation leaders at FBI roadblock

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Thank you.

I agree with your post, and I agree this situation could have been handled much differently and safer. However I get the feeling that the Powers That Be did not want a good outcome to this event.

I am convince the government wanted someone killed in the militia to set an example to the rest of Americans that this is what will happened if you join any militia groups.

All this has done now is aggravated the situation. This is not over.

No doubt, but they may have miscalculated.
Trust me when I tell you that today we are closer to armed insurrection in this country than we were yesterday. This moved the needle and there are discussions taking place in private as well as online regarding the response if this situation gets further out of hand.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

The FBI and State police were everywhere surrounding the car.

At no times did the people in the car use a gun or pull a gun out.

LaVoy Finicum was unarmed he opened the back door of the car and walk out with his hands in the air. LaVoy Finicum said if you are going to shoot me, shoot me and the FBI gun him down in cold blood.

The FBI shot Lavoy Finicum 3 times when he fell over they shot him 3 more times, this was over kill.

The FBI has gone out of their way to cover up the FBI shooter, so far.

The eyewitness Victoria Sharp said the car was riddled with over a hundred bullets.

I believe her. I believe she is telling the truth.

My condolences to her and her family.
edit on 27-1-2016 by tweetie because: added words

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Are you saying "these people" were oblivious to the fact this would eventually be the inevitable outcome of initiating an armed occupation of a federal building?

"These people" were not looking for a gun fight. The militia were being peaceful even at the Federal Building.

The last thing the militia wanted was violence. Haven't you been following this event from the beginning?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

I believe her. I believe she is telling the truth.

My condolences to her and her family.

I do as well, I can hear her voice and she sounds traumatized.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

BRAVO! A-plus, well thought out posting!

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

And....?
Is there a question to go along with that?

Read on...

Hannibal stayed there well into the night; they eventually let him drive through the scene. He was told there was a dead body ahead.
www.bluemountaineagle.com...

edit on 27-1-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. I think LaVoy Finicum tried to get away in a car like the feds are saying and I think the feds shot at the car while it was fleeing like Victoria Sharp said. Then LaVoy Finicum jumped out of the car and the feds shot him some more.

To me that seems the most plausible scenario. But it is just my opinion from what is known right now. I could be wrong.
edit on 27-1-2016 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: wondering5740
a reply to: onequestion
I don't recall anyone screaming for the militia's heads on these boards. If anything the commentary was how ridiculous the whole thing was since clearly the townspeople didn't want their intervention or assistance.

I see pigeon-holing on a level I never thought possible. I haven't seen a single comment advocating that "the government should crush them," yet the grandiloquent gestures of ridiculous hyperbolizations has taken over all reason.

The logic I'm finding of many, is that if it were myself and one-hundred other people who stage a sit-in on someone else's property for three weeks - I am breaking no laws, and I should face no criminal penalty whatsoever. It's absolutely ridiculous - I'm absolutely no fan of the federal government, but how does breaking the law - ESPECIALLY in a way such as this, going about doing anything good, for anyone? And than to cry foul for having to deal with their actions? And then proceeding to ask for donations from complete strangers?

No one has advocated some of the things that other members vehemently put in others mouths, and it's getting ridiculous. God forbid we have some sort of logical consistency when looking at those breaking the law in inner cities versus other areas.

P.S. - To those saying they didn't want violence, I honestly don't know what to say to that. They told their families, and talked to each other on multiple occasions about "what they have to do." Have you bothered checking their social media accounts to see the things they've posted?

"The Feds are coming for me," well, Son - you broke federal law, what do you expect? For nothing to happen, whatsoever?

This is the response I'm picking up from others, and I'll make sure to keep it in mind. I mean, if it's in my right to seize control of property that isn't mine with armed men, and I should have no criminal prosecution, I should go kick in the door of the elderly couple down the road and make myself at home.

Or is "that completely different?"

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

The confrontation came amid increasing calls for authorities to take action against Bundy for the illegal occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, which was seized by the group on Jan. 2 in a bid to force the government to turn federal lands over to local officials.

The traffic stop was supposed to bring a peaceful resolution to the situation but ended badly, Harney County Sheriff Dave Ward said, expressing disappointment.

“Multiple law enforcement agencies put a lot of work putting together the best tactical plan they could to take these guys down peacefully,” Ward said at a news conference Wednesday.

This was a joint Federal/Oregon response. No one was "ambushed."

Many residents of Harney County, where the refuge is located, have been among those demanding that Bundy leave. Many sympathize with his criticism of federal land management policies but opposed the refuge takeover.

“I am pleased that the FBI has listened to the concerns of the local community and responded to the illegal activity occurring in Harney County by outside extremists,” Oregon Sen. Jeff Merkley said in a statement.

I know that this is a passionate issue for many ... but don't the people of Oregon also have rights? Aren't they also Americans? Why isn't anyone listening to ANYTHING these folks say?

Greg Bretzing, special agent in charge for the FBI in Oregon, said authorities took a deliberate and measured response to the occupiers and tried to conduct the traffic stop safely and away from local residents.

The armed activists were given ample opportunity to leave the refuge peacefully and have their grievances heard through legal means, he said.

“They chose, instead, to threaten the very America they profess to love, with violence, intimidation and criminal acts,” Bretzing said.

He and the sheriff urged the remaining group members to leave.

“This has been tearing our community apart. It’s time for everybody in this illegal occupation to move on,” Ward said. “There doesn’t have to be bloodshed in our community.”

Some of you here won't be able to hear this ... but there is, indeed, another side to the story. Seeing these Bundy Occupiers as patriots is one side ... and seeing them as law-breakers and glory hounds that have put themselves, women and children, and the citizens of Oregon at unnecessary and meaningless risk is the other.

But you guys are right on one thing ... we are going to have to settle these questions (again) and apparently it's going to be bloody.

East Oregonian

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

This moved the needle and there are discussions taking place in private as well as online regarding the response if this situation gets further out of hand.

I agree with you. Many American in my age group understand that the government has overstep it's power and now they have used strong armed force and killed an unarmed American citizen to send a strong message to the rest of the American population.

I have heard some of the chatter on many internet sites that people are coming together to do something about this situation.

When our government feels the need to kill their own citizens who confronts them for their illegal activities, it's time to remove the corruption from our government.

Trying the Readdress our government doesn't work any longer, the only thing left is to bring in the Constitutional militia that falls under the second Amendment.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

And....?
Is there a question to go along with that?

Did you see a question?

If not then, I'd say no.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join