It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon protest leader Ammon Bundy is arrested, says source

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Are you saying "these people" were oblivious to the fact this would eventually be the inevitable outcome of initiating an armed occupation of a federal building?

The last thing the militia wanted was violence. Haven't you been following this event from the beginning?

Yes I have been following this event from the beginning and some fantasy noble fight to the death with the authorities, has always seemed like exactly what these people were pushing for... many other militias refused to stand by them, because they knew exactly what the inevitable outcome would be.

There's many noble causes out there where people need to unite, then stand up to the Government and 'peacefully' protest.

But occupying a federal building and threatening armed defiance if the federal government doesn't hand over National parks to private wealthy ranchers is not one of them... imo.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

... and many Americans in our age group see this for what it is ... the ridiculous result of Nevadans invading Oregon for their own benefit and self-centered concerns and, disgustingly, trying to cover themselves in the flag and claim it's all about Freedom.

The people of Oregon, the Governor of Oregon, and Americans all across the nation DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE CRIMINALS being held up as heroes.

I'm sure people are "coming together" to cause more stupid and pointless death, and when truly INNOCENT AMERICANS are harmed or killed in this rank ignorance and stupidity ... there will be hell to pay.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Then LaVoy Finicum jumped out of the car and the feds shot him some more.

What the Fed did was unlawful, they committed cold blood murder, and they are trying their best to cover it up.

You don't shoot an unarmed person in the back 6 times. This was done to send a strong message.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: burntheships

Dave Hannibal, of Dayville, didn’t see the encounter between the man who was fatally shot by police, but watched as others were taken in custody.

East Oregonian - Grant County resident witnessed arrests of occupation leaders at FBI roadblock

Dave Hannibal, of Dayville, didn’t see the encounter between the man who was fatally shot by police, but watched as others were taken in custody.

scrumptious.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

... and a Hellfire missile from 20 miles away would have sent an even stronger message ... if the conspiracy you are promoting so unilaterally were actually true.

I mean come on ... apply just a TINY BIT OF LOGIC here.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

The last thing the militia wanted was violence.

If that were true then why did they bring guns?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And, do I recall that there was a LEO in oregon who had
gone public, and maybe quit when he discovered there
were FBI posing?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: burntheships

East Oregonian - Grant County resident witnessed arrests of occupation leaders at FBI roadblock

scrumptious.

With as much decorum as I can muster at this moment ... may I tell you that I find this and similar pointless commentary absolutely repulsive?

Thanks for your time.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

If it comes out that they did shoot him in the back then yes. The person who shot him should be brought up on charges and its another case of the militarized police overstepping their authority. Just like a slew of other incidents.

I will wait for footage or a coroners report before I decide if it is true. At the moment it is a he said she said situation.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

a reply to: karmicecstasy

Then LaVoy Finicum jumped out of the car and the feds shot him some more.

What the Fed did was unlawful, they committed cold blood murder, and they are trying their best to cover it up.

You don't shoot an unarmed person in the back 6 times. This was done to send a strong message.

And you're taking the word of these clearly delusional "militiamen" that this is what happened?

What was "unlawful" was what these people were doing. The feds handled them with kid gloves for WEEKS. Looks like it was the state of Oregon that finally forced the issue.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Do you agree with the actions of the BLM?

Do you think federal prosecutors go on witch hunts?

Do you agree with the fact that the BLM takes the land and then contracts the land out to major mining and drilling companies for a cut of the profit?

It's weird how they do that isn't it?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Yes I have been following this event from the beginning and some fantasy noble fight to the death with the authorities, has always seemed like exactly what these people were pushing for... many other militias refused to stand by them, because they knew exactly what the inevitable outcome would be.

You are wrong. Only one militia member had that fantasy, the rest did not. You are lumping most of them wanting the same thing. And as far as the rest of the militia not wanting to stand by him, you are sadly mistaking.

No, they did not know what the inevitable outcome would be. All they wanted was a peaceful resolution. They were not looking for a gun fight.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I believe that they wanted public attention to this issue.

The issue of the federal government owning almost all of the Pacific Northwest.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

They were not looking for a gun fight.

THEN WHY DID THEY BRING GUNS!!?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

Because police have a reputation for killing people and they wanted the opportunity to protect themselves.

They also did it because they had the right too.

Your making a moot point, we all know wha. Happens during protest where the protesters aren't armed.

As one poster in this thread said,, they are beaten arrest and immediately removed by a militarized police force.

Pay attention.
edit on 1/27/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Here it is confirmed that LaVoy had invited his family to
the Oregon protest, and three went.

Finicum invited his family to join him at the Oregon occupation one week in. Three of his daughters heeded his call, traveling to Oregon with their children and becoming fixtures at Bundy's morning press conferences.
www.courthousenews.com...

So, it does appear credible news that Victoria Sharp is LaVoy's daughter.

Makes sense, she maybe under age or just 18 and was released. She stated
in the video she was not in custody. Hope someone is looking out for her.

I think I remember reading that he had Foster kids that were taken away. Perhaps that accounts for the name difference.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

And you're taking the word of these clearly delusional "militiamen" that this is what happened?

Yes I do.

Who is making the claim that the militia are "delusional"?

What was "unlawful" was what these people were doing. The feds handled them with kid gloves for WEEKS. Looks like it was the state of Oregon that finally forced the issue.

Did the militia shoot any Feds? Did the militia shoot anyone?

link   
I have been trying to keep up with this story. But there is a lot of conflicting sources. Has it been established that LaVoy Finicum did in fact flee the scene of arrest. That is what the feds are saying. And I believe Victoria Sharp said the car was shot at while driving away. If she did not say that then I apologize and will someone please correct me.

If the above is true. Is it legal for the police to shoot at someone fleeing arrest. I am not talking about is it morally right to shoot at someone fleeing arrest. Is it legal to do so.

link   
a reply to: onequestion

Do you think that rich ranchers should be allowed to collect unwarranted government welfare (free grazing) at the People's expense?

Do you think that there are Patriot and Militia groups that are more concerned with their own ego trips than actually helping the American people in any way?

Do you mind that rich men like the Bundys and their acolytes have cost the People of the State of Oregon as well as the American people millions of unnecessary tax dollars by the time all this is through? Because they don't want to pay their bills?

Loaded questions are pretty easy to throw, aren't they?
edit on 27-1-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I believe that they wanted public attention to this issue.

The issue of the federal government owning almost all of the Pacific Northwest.

Yes, the militia wanted the public attention it was the only way to get the word out to what was going on.

The militia was exposing government corruption.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join