It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona students, principal under fire over picture of T-shirts spelling out racial slur

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

True that brother. I can understand him wanting to fight over it being directed at him, but you're correct in everything you say. Letting it roll off your shoulders is the best way to grow thick skin.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: Squirlli

One thing is for sure, there's plenty of salt to be passed around after seeing all the tears over this. I should have worn my water boots today. Last I checked, it's JUST a word. You'd think they got busted smoking behind the tree or smuggling drugs into the school the way some people are acting.

you keep saying it's just a word, I dare you to walk into any black neighborhood with friends wearing those shirts in order giggling like a village idiot and see what happens, after all it's just a word.

we do have freedom of speech in this country and now in this internet age you say something stupid and you will pay a price.

That's a completely different scenario. These girls aren't doing this to call someone out. If you're gonna compare, you need to find a good scenario.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Say something stupid (after all its just a word) like that and don't cry when you get punched in the mouth. Those girls get no sympathy from me.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Ha ha ha they were having fun pulling a racist stunt, I'm sorry I don't see the humor there. Instead of trying to justify what these kids did can anyone say what they did was wrong? Same thing when a kid gets "wrongfully" killed by police, people refuse to admit what the kid was doing was wrong to begin with. Perhaps the kids did not deserve to be killed for their actions but people must acknowledge that the kids were in the wrong from the get go, don't just sweep their ignorant actions under the rug.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Say something stupid (after all its just a word) like that and don't cry when you get punched in the mouth.

So sayeth the person endorsing violence against underage women.

It baffles me as to why so many seem to think that an illegal response to a legal act is the correct response?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Yes what these KIDS did was wrong, but NOBODY was hurt. They were doing what kids do.
Have you ever said a bad word? How about hurt someones feelings? Did you deserve to have your entire future ruined for just doing what kids do?

I said numerous times what these girls did was in bad taste, and they did get punished for it. They were suspended from school. They will have to deal with the embarrassment that they have brought to their community , and their families. But there are people who are crying for harsher punishment. why? It is not necessary.

I am not justifying what they did, if it was one of my kids, They too would be in a world of trouble.

Their ignorant actions were just that, ignorant. They obviously were not thinking when they did this, they obviously thought it was funny at the time of the picture. Just because you don't agree with it, does not mean that their entire futures should be ruined.

I'm sorry if what the girls did in this picture hurt your feelings, but again it is just a word, nothing more. It wasn't directed at anyone in particular. I have been called a ni**er and I'm as white as they come. It's a word.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
if they were black girls doing the same thing would they get punished the same way?

Can't believe theyre even getting punished at all for this.

You know who the juvenile ones are? The people who got offended and are seeking to have them punished. These girls were just having fun.

I bet those girls aren't even racist. I actually bet the racists ones are the people wanting punishment and getting "offended"

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Everyone has the right to feel whatever they like, regardless of left wing liberals becoming offended and regardless of ANYONE becoming offended.
Everyone has the right to be racist.

If this was six Japanese girls with an anti-Chinese slur the lefties would be silent.
If this was six black girls with an anti-white slur the lefties would be applauding it, vigorously!

It's six white girls who feel what they feel, so what? Someone got offended, so what? An entire group of people got offended, so what? It's not as though the girls were screaming "kill all policemen", is it?
It's not like the girls got together in a group and sexually assaulted people on new years eve, is it?

Who gives a s**t, they're racists, so what?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Social media is ruining society, but then again, it's just society ruining society...
We get to make choices everyday. Those choices will ultimately determine the future of the human race.

Make smart choices people, screw instant gratification.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
this story offends me and i'm not black, it should offend all of us. wrong is wrong, whether it is offensive to whites, blacks, gays, jews, muslims whatever, whoever, the type of behavior in this story is classless, tasteless and should be frowned down upon by all members of society.

I am sure these girls learned their lesson, the story having gone viral will surely haunt them for the rest of their lives. I hope that people will learn from these girls mistake and realize how hurtful jokes like this can backfire and potentially ruin their futures.

I still can't get the image of those girls laughing, smiling and posing for that pic, what could have been going through their minds to document it and then post it on social media, what exactly is so funny about that word?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   

a reply to: uncommitted

Nah, it goes into the "Pull your big boy and big girl pants up and stop getting so offended over nothing" mode. I mean, people are talking about these girls getting expelled permanently, doing hours and hours of community service in the inner city, being forced to take classes on diversity, and having their college and future jobs rejected, along with the principal stepping down. And for what? For being silly. Calling someone a racial slur isn't what makes you racist, feeling superior to another race makes you racist. Furthermore, it's not against the law to be racist. That goes for all those blacks that have called me a cracker and a honkey and a cake boy and white bread too.

So many people these days are too far up in their own feelings.

A racial slur is by its definition racist, sorry, I know I can't tell your level of education, but the clue is in the word racial. Like I say, if you've grown up to believe casual racism is nothing to shout about you will be wondering how anyone could possibly be offended - that's really saying more about you than anything.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
You have to fill in two out of six letters yourself to make it whatever word you choose.

Why do you people choose to fill in the blank letters in that row of letters to form a racial slur?

Its not like there is any context there to direct you either. You people are just assuming unless the girls state that it was meant to be a racial slur.
edit on 1/26/2016 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

What other word could it be? Niller? Nibber? Nimber? Nilher? Nijrer? Nikper? Nipper? Nister? Nixzer? You're right the possibilities are endless.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

a reply to: LSU0408

Say something stupid (after all its just a word) like that and don't cry when you get punched in the mouth. Those girls get no sympathy from me.

You fail to grasp the concept of what happened and what to compare it to. When you walk up to someone and call them a name directly, whether it's bitch, douchebag, or a racial slur, it holds a totally different meaning than it being pictured on a slew of t-shirts all lined up. Don't cry when I get punched he says. LULZ.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Ha ha ha they were having fun pulling a racist stunt, I'm sorry I don't see the humor there. Instead of trying to justify what these kids did can anyone say what they did was wrong? Same thing when a kid gets "wrongfully" killed by police, people refuse to admit what the kid was doing was wrong to begin with. Perhaps the kids did not deserve to be killed for their actions but people must acknowledge that the kids were in the wrong from the get go, don't just sweep their ignorant actions under the rug.

First of all, not one single poster has said that what they did was ok. We've all said it was stupid, I swear you overlook everything you don't want to see. Secondly, there was absolutely nothing racist about what they did. That's such an ignorant and uneducated thing to say. Show me where or how having "NI**ER" on six shirts has anything to with a person that believes their particular race is superior to another. Claiming such an act is racist means you're too sensitive and tender.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

Say something stupid (after all its just a word) like that and don't cry when you get punched in the mouth.

So sayeth the person endorsing violence against underage women.

It baffles me as to why so many seem to think that an illegal response to a legal act is the correct response?

I'm sure people probably do cry when they get hit where he's from. Around here, people hit back though.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Well, regardless of how you and a handful of other people feel, I have hope that someday people will mature and only get offended by things that directly effect them. I won't hold my breath, but I'll hold hope.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

So you don't understand what is and isn't racist. That particular confusion is why race relations are at their lowest point since the 80's.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

You're the one putting two g's in there.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

So you don't understand what is and isn't racist. That particular confusion is why race relations are at their lowest point since the 80's.

I'm fairly sure I do understand, I guess where you live you may have a different definition.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join