It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona students, principal under fire over picture of T-shirts spelling out racial slur

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Only it didn't spell out anything.
Wow, has the PC crowd grown rabid for blood or what?
Kids do all sorts of stupid and strange things, this doesn't even qualify as either to me.
I don't know how words can be so dangerous, especially in single form.
If the ideal is to "protect the vulnerable" in society how does expelling these girls help their goals?
Amazing all the names minorities are allowed to call others but it seems whites have half a dictionaries worth of "hurtful" slurs.
Yes, I'm a believer in freedom of speech even if people get their feelings hurt.
It's far better than the alternative of never knowing when something you say might ruin your life.

EXACTLY! You hit the nail on the head, this is just the PC crowd going rabid for another story to put whites in the racist light, all while being racist themselves.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Well, I think any students (and parents and teachers for that matter) who don't agree with what these girls did should be able to wear t-shirts all around school and town with these girls picture on it, and underneath it reads " R*cist wh*te Tr*sh Wh*res". After all, it doesn't really spell anything, and free speech and all....
edit on 25-1-2016 by kaylaluv because: self-moderated

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Right... Now that I have cleaned my iPad of the results of my rule one violation, I will add my vote to the counter t-shirt solution.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Well, I think any students (and parents and teachers for that matter) who don't agree with what these girls did should be able to wear t-shirts all around school and town with these girls picture on it, and underneath it reads " R*cist wh*te Tr*sh Wh*res". After all, it doesn't really spell anything, and free speech and all....

By all means, if your skin is that pathetically thin, perhaps you should. I'd be willing to bet that 99.9% of everyone that sees it will walk on by and continue their day unlike racist busy bodies that have to make a big deal out of nothing.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: Abysha

Lol, you're probably serious too. All that fuss and no racial slur was even on the shirt spelling. Two letters, which nobody even knows which ones belong there, are blanked out and the nation goes into offended mode.

Your post goes into the "I'm looking for any reason not to see this as something bad" mode. Yes, I appreciate there are a lot of people who are stupid and blind to issues that don't affect them directly - that's not their fault, I guess if people are brought up to accept casual racism is funny and their lack of education means they don't see what that actually means then technically I guess they are too stupid to know better.

Anyhow, allegedly this wasn't a hoax so we all know stupidity and plain lack of social awareness is alive and kicking in some Arizona students.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Careful of those crocodiles, they strike when one is in Denial.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Nah, it goes into the "Pull your big boy and big girl pants up and stop getting so offended over nothing" mode. I mean, people are talking about these girls getting expelled permanently, doing hours and hours of community service in the inner city, being forced to take classes on diversity, and having their college and future jobs rejected, along with the principal stepping down. And for what? For being silly. Calling someone a racial slur isn't what makes you racist, feeling superior to another race makes you racist. Furthermore, it's not against the law to be racist. That goes for all those blacks that have called me a cracker and a honkey and a cake boy and white bread too.

So many people these days are too far up in their own feelings.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Something tells me that the girls, along with their families and bffs will be mighty offended. But you are right, everyone else will just laugh and consider it the perfect pay-back.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I see what you did there, mate.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

That goes for all those blacks that have called me a cracker and a honkey and a cake boy and white bread too.

I never got called 'Cake Boy'. My favorite was 'Uncle Salty'.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Something tells me that the girls, along with their families and bffs will be mighty offended. But you are right, everyone else will just laugh and consider it the perfect pay-back.

That's a possibility, but nobody else will be offended by such a childish, immature level of revenge. They'll just roll their eyes at the juvenile behavior and move on. Something many others in this thread should have done with the stunt these kids pulled. But don't let me try to talk anybody out of their poor tender feelings.

Shall I hold you and stroke your hair while I sing you a lullaby and rock you to sleep..?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

*takes a bow*

Thank you, thank you. I'm here all week...

*exit, stage left*

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Lmao! Uncle Salty huh? They called my cousin Billy Goat Butter Teeth when he moved to Nebraska. Then they beat him up for wearing British Knights to school. That was in the early 90's.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Lmao! Uncle Salty huh? They called my cousin Billy Goat Butter Teeth when he moved to Nebraska. Then they beat him up for wearing British Knights to school. That was in the early 90's.

Yeah. My best friend from High School was black and his dad had a few bars in Paterson where I was from originally so we hung out there a lot when we were under age. I was the whitest thing in there besides the bar napkins.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Funny how no one here calling for these girls expulsion has a problem with the black student who smoked a cigar in a classroom, then when the teacher told him to leave the classroom and he refused and he went to press a button to call security, the student got out of his seat, in the teachers face (the teacher is an old white man btw), blew smoke in his face and told "I dare you to press that".

#ing hypocrites.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If it were 5 black girls wearing shirts that spelled "NI**GA" ...it wouldn't matter ...would it?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah. My best friend from High School was black and his dad had a few bars in Paterson where I was from originally so we hung out there a lot when we were under age. I was the whitest thing in there besides the bar napkins.

All but 4 of my friends were black. I remember a buttload of rednecks trying to tip my '87 Ford Ranger over one day because they didn't like me because of my black friends. The wheels were starting to come off the ground when me and my buddy saw them and they ran off. The first and only ass whooping I ever got was at the hands of four of those rednecks after they stopped me on a back road while I was by myself and riding around one evening the Summer that I graduated. I've never liked rednecks, that's one of the reasons why.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
If it were 5 black girls wearing shirts that spelled "NI**GA" ...it wouldn't matter ...would it?

Not at all.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

so these girls wore those letters in that order for what purpose exactly? they did it thinking they were being funny?

the saddest part is that these girls are smart, college bound, young adults, they should have known better.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I will probably get some salt for this but, I feel it needs to be said.

It's not illegal in the United States of America to be racist. It is not illegal to call someone a racial slur. sure its bad taste, but tacobell leaves a bad taste too, should they be punished? (probably).
Again, short of someone's feelings being hurt, nothing these girls did is illegal. They were suspended from school and their peers will judge them how they see fit. ( Highschool can be hell) Their parents can punish them however they do. That is it, that's all that needs to be done.
The principal shouldn't be forced to resign, its not like he knew it was going to happen and just chose to not stop it.

This whole PC, sandy female nether regions, buttercup brigade, needs to cool their jets and stop being such whiny little snots.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join