It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 356
<< 353  354  355    357  358  359 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

I really don't feel I have any negative associations about the word "stain." Its actually kind of interesting, I connect it to positive things from childhood like grass and dirt stains from playing outside. Maybe a difference between "girls and boys?" Generally speaking, the more stained I was, the more fun I had!
Even thinking of the word and its insinuations today makes me smile. So, for me, "stain" is actually quite the positive concept, which could possibly result in the same thing being a "strong" association. Though I struggle to identify the "how." In a sense, it seems like it should increase acceptance of "Berenstain."

There is definitely some strange stuff there, nothing really "offensive" though. I think a lot of times the inherent levels of imagination can result in some wonky stuff. I feel the same way about pretty much every kids book, I'm actually a big supporter of such weirdness (which may not be a big surprise). There are limits, but for me those tend to be topical more than an upper limit on imaginative content.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I remember I have all those berenstain bears books. My mom even pointed to it and told me it was pronounced stain and that everyone got it wrong. But I don't take that to mean that I am right.

I think it's all relative for real. What you were saying separating colliding.. Different spot of the surface tension?

Did you ever read those Carlos Castaneda books. Like "Separate reality" It's this book that is "discredited" people said the guy was loose with his stories. Anyway.. The shaman Don Juan was talking about "the assemblage point" which is this ball that is your perception point. Your body is truly this "luminous egg." by moving your assemblage point to different parts of the surface of the egg or inside it changes how you "see" (see is like perceive even with the mind everything)

the books called a separate reality because moving that assemblage point you can "stop the world" or see another world.
Stop the world is like becoming neo..

When I talk about breaking the matrix, Like when I get computers to play music that's not on them or a number generator between 1 and 3 to spit out 67.. I'm sort of saying the same thing. I feel like sometimes I go out into wonderland, and when I get back, it's not exactly the same.

I think the phenomenon isn't new, but back when I used to talk about it the only theory was going through a portal and coming back.. There are stories on ATS you can find of people ending up at a gas station and all the hershey bar wrappers look old as hell and they are 5 cents each, and th gas is super cheap the guy pumps for you, they tried to find it the next day and it was never there to begin with..

so people use to call it getting lost in time.

Now three thoughts come to mind as to the increase. One is that it has a name now and so anyone can mistake a mundane experience to a mandela effect and it's easy to label it that and be on the bandwagon. Two is something involving CERN and quantum computing. If it is to do with CERN next time they increase the energy it might have more effects. Number three is something like 2012 if we live in a simulation that has programmed cycles.. The beginning of the great revealing? Or flying through a more charged up area of space? Weakening magnetic field of the earth?

Last night and I keep doing this.. I realize I'm dreaming but I don't actually get lucid? It's like it's now a dream concept for me to go Oh yea I'm dreaming So I went over and started hovering in front of people. I was like guess what guys? I'm dreaming.. And normally they are like no you're not.. This time they were like yea? And I was like yea come fly with me you're dreaming too..

I was explaining to my dream characters about lucid dreaming and they could do whatever they wanted.. The only scary thing about flying is if you fall I said, "but it's ok hitting the ground doesn't even hurt.."

In my next dream I still had full memory of the last one, and I thought I was awake, so I was telling everyone about my last dream and that if you know you're dreaming you can lucid dream and do all kinds of cool stuff.. So I showed them I could fly too..

And somehow through all of that I still didn't become actually lucid.. HOW??

hahaha..

I guesss it's because I'm so much more calm than I used to be. I maintained that "nld" near lucid dream lol I kept it going for a really long time.. Used to wake me up too fast.. a lost of my past ones are like.. "OH MY GAWD!! IM DREAMING!!" and within about 10 seconds of the head rush and thinking I'm going to go hit on that girl over there, I'm starring at my wall, like damn it..

edit on 26-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

That's another prospect (the whole 2012 thing)!

A part of me would give it all less credence if everyone experienced the same individual Mandela Effects. It just makes more sense to me that way according to the various possibilities that might be happening. Not that I think whether or not something makes sense is really relevant, I suppose.

What's interesting to me is that if anything about ME is true, it means things are a hell of a lot more fluid than they appear, or we'd like to think.

CERN, 2012, natural phenomena, bumblebee revolt.. any of the possibilities come with the implication of some pretty strange stuff. In and of itself, maybe that's what draws me to it like a moth to a flame. I just dig that sort of thing.

In my experience there is a phase between "normal" dreaming and "lucid" dreaming. I'm glad you brought it up as I think its pretty neat.

It seems like once you realize you are dreaming, you should jump right to a full blown lucid dream but its just not the case. I think they have a different "feel" to each of them too, but I couldnt expand on that much. Its almost like you just dont "care" to actually do more than realize its a dream. Maybe its the lazy mans lucid dream?
Makes me wonder what the actual distinction is there.

Its almost like it's not completely up to us, which raises the question; just who, or what, makes the determination?

I had one lucid dream once, full lucid dream (control over both myself and the environment), where all of a sudden everything went white. Like a brilliant, pearlescent, glowing white. There wasn't anything else there, and it still felt like a full lucid dream.

Except, I couldn't actually change the environment anymore. It was extremely jarring in that respect. Then, a voice asked me "What would you like to know?"

My response, get this, was to shake my head. Instead of even being in control of myself, it was like the "true" answer was manifested. As I was shaking my head, it was like that was accompanied by the thought "I'll figure it out for myself." Of course, I woke up at that point and immediately said "wtf kind of response was that?"

It was when I was quite a bit younger and at the height of arrogance (if anyone thinks I'm bad now... lol) so in retrospect it kind of makes sense. But still a really strange and interesting experience. I tried to find that "place" again, but never could.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

That's a cool experience. I think I know why you shook your head. It's th same reason I told this god being I didn't want to "start over" even though I did at the time.. See I, me.. I didn't answer.. My soul did. It's like you might think you know what you want, but is it really truly what you want or need? Same thing in my dream within a dream with jesus dude.. I just sort of couldn't use my ego, and because of it what was said went right to my core. Of course after completely invading my armor with critical words that each meant a thousand things, he then did the "but it's ok I love you" thing.

lazy man's lucid dream. I didn't realize but I already started explaining it. See I was telling my other dream characters in the next dream about the first dream.. Meaning I thought I was awake. Just knowing you are dreaming does not mean you remember that you are in a bed sleeping.. It does not mean you remember what might happen the next day awake or what happened the last day awake. When you remember who you are really and that now you have "projected" into this other place, that's the magic I think.

And in general it's just the level of consciousness you have. It's not like asleep and awake and high and low.. There are infinite levels of consciousness. And yea I was right in the middle leaning a bit to dream state. I forgot how much I love that state. It was particularly satisfying in that I could do whatever I wanted but I played out my character based on the dreams set up already. I didn't go god mode. I can fly like neo when I really get lucid. When I'm not I can fly more like a drunk fat bird lol.. Usually only up to around 100 feet before I'm "too heavy"

In fact I relate my flying ability directly to my level of consciousness. It's like consciousness is "magic" gasoline. the more consciousness you have the more magic you can use. The more consciousness and less whatever.. it's like you are more "enlightened" in both meanings of the word light.. Isn't that such a perfect word. light.. What could be more light than light?
LOL

MY little brother also goes to a all white place and that's where he talks to gods as well.
I've never had that happen. I think I'm a bit darker so I end up talking to more mixed beings or something.
I do have this place it's like my soul home or something. It's so amazing. The light there is more bright and alive, but it doesn't hurt your eyes.. It makes everything look in a way I've never seen while awake.. Isn't that weird. I can see things I've never seen?? Colors that don't exist?

it's this big cliff like a mountain range just going straight up brown rock. IT's about 200 feet tall and in front is a beach with white sand.. And other soul people. sparkly teal water.. Well it's clear but it somehow looks teal too.. It's so beautiful. I can get there from any dream through a "portal" usually something like a cave I squeeze to. I squeeze until I have no size. I've gone through toilets in the past.. It's not the best feeling.. But if you brave through it go dark and turn inside out you make it to the other side.

Ahh paradise.

It feels like it recharges everything inside me. It's nice.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

What do you make of this?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

thank you Mousy

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

'Welcome.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Well. My first thought is that sounds like how you set up any sort of story.. My second thought is that the last unnamed source I listened to was trustworthy. Third thought is that all those threads being deleted off of 4chan and one of the deep digs was coordinates to Antarctica. Similar with the vault stuff. I think it was that Antarctica came up..

The Problem is that anyone on the internet who saw that could then write a few short paragraphs and make a youtube video with old pictures and robot voice and try and stir things up.

If it's true the media teams going to Antarctica will not be able to film their pieces. There are two that I know of, but I don't remember who.. I think they are doing pieces on global warming. The long crack in Antarctic ice, to show more fear of global warming.

I'll have to look into it, but if it's true I won't get any good information.

EDIT.. They called one of the mountains mt Erebus?
This will take some time. My gut hasn't kicked in either way yet.

I think if the Army is going there it might not have to do with much at all.
The Army is kind of all over the place.

I do think Antarctica will be less icy in my life time, and Russia and the US will try to lay claim to it more.

the person who posted this story did a post and run.

So I don't think it means anything.

Antarctica's warmest period is coming to an end. I bet a lot of people are leaving. Opposite winters/summers to us in the Northern Hemisphere.

I don't know if the Army trains there or not. It's a good place to get used to extreme cold. The Army has Mountain divisions. The kind of people you'd want on the ground in Russia when winter hits. No one does well in Northern Russia in the winter. Why Russia has been a country even when the mongols tried to invade. They got all the way to the middle east but never got north of mongolia in any real way. Mongolia being in between China and Russia.
My brother brought me back a mongolian wallet and some snortable tobacco in a little vessle with a cap that has a little scoop... He taught english to low level government types as his peace core mission.

Anyway. This reads like bs.
I will look further, but my psychic is not feeling anything at all. Lately I've been on the money with things. And Antarctica is not even on radar.
edit on 26-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

That's an amazing song!
It's 15:08 and I am drunk. Don't judge me I'm having a sausage fest. Buahaha true story, two hot sausages and wine.
Do guys find that offensive?
And here I laugh about it so hard. "Oh you got mental health problems" the joy of the ignorant.
I mean seriously wtf? They still don't get it and I'm kind of wondering, what's next? It feels like it's time so what are we waiting for? Does anybody know?

Add: why does everybody hate FOX? I love it! Simpsons, Bob's Burgers, American Dad.... What's up with that?
edit on 1-3-2017 by Peeple because: Add

Also in case someone ends up in a similar situation: sausage and wine is no good choice to break fasting. It makes you vomit. For sure.

I mean how good are the Simpsons?

For DECADES! Homer! Homer! I want a man like him. Life doesn't make sausages like that anymore....

edit on 1-3-2017 by Peeple because: 2.add

Oh # it happened again! Whenever I'm drunk I end up dancing to the Guardians of the Galaxy mix tape....
edit on 1-3-2017 by Peeple because: 3.add?

Oh look
I can embed vids!
edit on 1-3-2017 by Peeple because: Add again

This thing is dead right? I can spam as much as I want?

edit on 1-3-2017 by Peeple because: Another add

The sexist song EVER!

edit on 1-3-2017 by Peeple because: Add and add after add

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I think the thing with Fox is the news part of things. Ill admit that when I first heard they would be doing news I chuckled a bit, but at this point, they are at least as legitimate as anything else.

My question is, why do so many automatically connect children to animation? My dad can't fathom why an adult would ever watch something that was "drawn by hand," and he's not alone.

I'd think it'd be the opposite, that since it requires so much work and that art is usually considered sophisticated it would revolve around adults as its target audience. Hmph..

As for that last song.. I'm pretty sure that's the dude from firefly, who knew eh? (lol) The trombone is such a strange instrument, tried it out before I settled on saxophone. Not that I can remember much about either one..

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Again, no.
That's Tod A. from cop shoot cop.

edit on 1-3-2017 by Peeple because: ßssssss

And gawd that voice! Seriously so dirty and urch... awesome

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I was kidding
see: "(lol)"

I prefer it a bit heavier, but that stuff isn't too bad!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

"...her eyes lit up like cigarettes, the cockroaches were gasping for breath.." that's basically the reason why I don't bother to write songs anymore.
Gold.

But I have to admit I prefer Firewater

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Thanks for posting that. I dig it. For little to no reason at all, it reminds me of a dirtier, gruffer Lagwagon.

I used to have a pretty decent music collection (~20k albums) but its been pared back extensively over the years. I figured "why have something taking up so much space when I don't even listen to most of it?" It was actually an addiction for a while, and I was listening to 15-20 new albums a day for 2-3 years straight.

I only even bring it up because I learned too much of anything is a bad thing. Maybe only fascinating to me, but I became fully jaded to music. I really thought that was impossible. Not just impossible, outrageous and ludicrous lol So very odd..

I will say I wish YouTube was such a fantastic resource at that time. Now, its probably one of the most extensive music resources ever created.

For as much as I love music, it has kind of turned into more of a conduit for audio gear. Probably something only the craziest will understand
I can listen to the same song on two different systems and have completely different experiences.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

I think the thing with Fox is the news part of things. Ill admit that when I first heard they would be doing news I chuckled a bit, but at this point, they are at least as legitimate as anything else.

hahaha.. I am going to hate myself for saying this.. They may even seem a slight bit newsier than NBC and CNN now..
Which means what in the world does that mean?? I think that's the 6th SEAL??!!!

And in the land of the eagle,
Peeple shooting her rocket seagull,
Propaganda programming for the people
when a man and not his beagle
Watched Fox just for the News?
You're screwed son it's the end of the world!

~Reverberations 3:22
edit on 1-3-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

You are such a goose.

So guys I've been having some woo..

the other day my window sounded like I should turn and see it smashed to pieces, a bird had apparently hit it so hard my room shook.. But I saw no bird.. and there was not a bird under the window..

maybe that was a lucky hard headed bird? Maybe.. But I've seen dead birds from much less.

Today was worse. It's more the usual. I go downstairs in the dark in the middle of the night to get water. as I'm coming back about to get to the stairs about a foot from the front door, the front door slams as Hard as you can slam it.. and the whole house shakes of course. But the the door was shut... I opened it no one outside.. And no one ws inside either except me..

I'm confused..

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Just testing new technology.

Don't worry.

I try to be serious... no sorry nothing. Good to know, the woo hasn't disappeared entirely. But I am happy it doesn't happen to me, cause I would have had a heart attack.
I hate fireworks and bamm! Shooting....

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Funny I almost had seagulls up there after beagles.

And yea sounds about right for the decibels I heard.

there we go I fixed it..
edit on 1-3-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Are seagulls mini sea eagles? OMG! That's where their name comes from, right? Sea eagle seagull.... wow another great mystery solved.
We should make a profession out of this, mystery solving group travelling in a crappy van with a dog...

Your Reverberation is perfect now

<< 353  354  355    357  358  359 >>

join