It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 344
<< 341  342  343    345  346  347 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Reverbs

What got me thinking after you said I always picked what you first considered, maybe we should exclude the act of choosing?
Like I go and get a dice emulator, a d3 for starters. Roll and you guess that?

ahh but then.. Do you look at the roll? or do you roll it and don't look I guess and then you look?

I know for me I'm working on human intelligence when I do this..

Or even just something a human has put energy into.. Almost like if I touch the wrong hair brush in a 200 year old farm house I might get visions or something.

the die roll would make more sense for me. the symbols get to attached to each other in my head. 3 of them have straight agnles.. straight lines I guess I mean and 2 are curved.. So two are kind of more watery, and 3 are more constructed.

numbers have a better equality in value, as far as emotional response.
edit on 17-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

No I look at it.
I just liked the electronic randomness.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

No I look at it.
I just liked the electronic randomness.

ok perfect.

when would you like to try this out?

I'm free in the next days.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Whenever you're ready. Let's use Yog-Sothoth!
It's lovecraft
and seems random enough

edit on 17-2-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Whenever you're ready. Let's use Yog-Sothoth!
It's lovecraft
and seems random enough

well like I was saying I don't have it in me right now. I humored it because I like your style.
Any other day when I'm not drinking would be better.

I'll use that to practice a bit to see if I can start separating noise from signal

the way it works for me is like levels you'd monitor to a song.. going up and down, and I have to go after the highest spike, but the spikes are all over.
And often the right answer DOES come off as being rainbow ish.. dunno could be a personal thing.

3 for 3.. let's see if I can keep it up.
4/5
5/8
7/10

statistically I should get 3 or 4 out of 10..

this is really fun..

technique: Rolling with eyes closed and "seeing" the number, guessing it, and then checking the result.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Okay. Weekend ahead, I am obviously not busy, so again:
Whenever the talent is ready

Ey you play alone! There are whole sites designed to test your psychic abilities. Have you never tried?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Okay. Weekend ahead, I am obviously not busy, so again:
Whenever the talent is ready

it's a date.

yea I use it anytime I'm playing a game to enhance my advantage. anything that involves chance I seem to predict better than chance odds. Sometimes my impression is even opposite of the right answer, but over time I get more right than wrong so it's just this thing.

My brother calls it...

"the heart of the cards."

there is this little focus song I do in my head.. my siblings won't play Risk with me ever again.. they even copied me and made their own stlyes.. So then I started doing counter style to their style.. I guess you call is superstition.. LOL... But it works so well.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   

What about colours, we should try colours too...

I'm thinking we could make a carnival out of it.
Also have a little contest. When will you meditate the next time?
Afterwards we both write down what the headlines of the ATS threads "to come" not authored by us or anyone we have told to do so will be. We observe 3 (?) days and see if one of us gets at least one right.

And we could try new stuff, like both trying to draw the same picture without talking to eachother.
Or post the same word out of 5 simultaneously.

Or we could give synchronicity a kick and both send eachother on random sites. Like I say "hairy gnomes" we look for a .com and you have to "picture" what the site is about.

Or...

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   

What about colours, we should try colours too...

got a random color generator?

I suspect different people are better at taking in different information.. Remember the biggest obstacle to this besides beign weak psychically is to have your subjective interpretation get in the way.. You can force an answer just as easy as hearing one.

Color is definitely on the list.

that's the curse of words.. Something get's called superstition.. and then anything that is near the words behavior meaning is also superstition. Brain goes, oh I recognize that he's being superstitious.. Well, just knowing things is sort of the curse of beign an adult, and why kids have all the magic to a large degree.

sort of like thing in the air? it must be a bird.. "the shiny hard giant bird is back with supplies" the gods are pleased.. But it's an american cargo plane that used to drop food on this island during world war 2 and the natives pray to this bird god to come back with the supplies..

in pocahontas it was the "spinning arrow" (natives have arrows) which in english is "compass" Or she says she sees "clouds, strange clouds." but that is canvass being filled with wind bringing white men and gunpowder to her land..

the white guy asks for gold.. yellow shiny valuable.. And she brings him the most valuable thing she knows of.. Corn.. Words are funny.. but what goes behind them is also funny. Bias is literally mind control.. And mind control literally changes you world what you see.

Being psychic relies upon not assuming.
It's hard to let go and focus.
I havn't meditated in some time.
I'm rusty dusty.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   

If I say BB to you it means Badass-Buttercup.
I edited, what are you saying BB.

Oh gawd Brigitte Bardot... but I guess you can take it as the honour it is...

Also where is BigBrotherDarkness? Hello?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

If I say BB to you it means Badass-Buttercup.
I edited, what are you saying BB.

Oh gawd Brigitte Bardot... but I guess you can take it as the honour it is...

interesting ideas. The threads one we should try, but that one won't give us any meaningful data, as I pay attention to as many things going on in the human psyche as possible so I sort of know what might be coming up.. If I know trump will release an executive order it's not fair if I say that as a thread..

I wonder how we could do that.. I think it's a cool one to try if we just agree to only guess things that are not so obvious. Things we truly feel out of the blue.

you jsut sent me on a google search

ok then BB it is..

oh gawd...

French.. I forgot..

wowzas

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   

When do you want to start?

Should we create a separate thread and invite others too?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

umm houston we have a problem...

I have another issue with this psychic stuff..

Holy wow..

I'm going to post a screen shot..

psychically it told me 1 so strong I knew it was one..

I opened my eyes..

34?

wth?

And this is why I think I have weird super psychic witch people trying to get me to wish for things..

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

When do you want to start?

Should we create a separate thread and invite others too?

yes.

this will be tomorrow so at least 12 hours from now, and whatever is good time zone for you so maybe like 5 or 6 or 7 pm eastern time..

separate thread with a good opening post that explains things in detail.

rules boundaries and all of it.

edited my last post.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

12 hours from now is fine. That's 10:40 am where I am.

Where is the screenshot? What happened?

And how do you want to do this, who is writing the thread and maybe we should put together what we're actually aiming for?

Oh I see. You know first suspicion of every sceptic is, you wrote it in. Since you can't prove you didn't, I am afraid it's useless.
But I think it is pretty.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   

12 hours from now is fine. That's 10:40 am where I am.

Where is the screenshot? What happened?

And how do you want to do this, who is writing the thread and maybe we should put together what we're actually aiming for?

you write the thread.

Keep it simple for the first thread.

You already showed the perfect program to use.

Call is whatever, and then the next series will be blah blah psychic thread number TWO.. and link the first thread..

Right?

I'll take on organizing the data if you like. As long as we are getting good data. And keep that running through each thread.. Even if we change tests I'll keep all of it.

my peak psychic time is like 3 am.. but 12 hours is aroud 5pm.. Saturday of course so not many US members to participate.

Yes you should state an AIM.. Stae a HYPOTHESIS.. This keeps people on focus level with the thread and with the future results.
So the Aim? How scientific are we going to be, minus the obvious flaw of trusting people to be honest.. ? I don't think we should showcase this as a game..

the current climate is "BLOW off Steam, any way possible"

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
oh of course I could have written it in.. IT has ZERO credibility.
That was the very first thing I was thinking.. So I put the cursor over there and clicked and it does let you write things there.
but yea I didn't do that with my keyboard haha.

EVEN worse I KNEW there was a one there. IT had like 85% chance in my mind..

LOL

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

I'm open for compromises on the time. It will run longer than just a few minutes I suppose, so maybe we should make shifts in rolling the dice?
Or spin the colour wheel, or whatever the participants want.
We should really keep it open and offer more than one thing?
But with certain things like you guess what they're rolling and they guess what I am rolling makes sense, because of the sender/receiver thing?
Really more a weekend of data collecting folly.
A paranormal nerds wet dream...

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I'm open for compromises on the time. It will run longer than just a few minutes I suppose, so maybe we should make shifts in rolling the dice?
Or spin the colour wheel, or whatever the participants want.
We should really keep it open and offer more than one thing?
But with certain things like you guess what they're rolling and they guess what I am rolling makes sense, because of the sender/receiver thing?
Really more a weekend of data collecting folly.
A paranormal nerds wet dream...

well two main options.. one is me and you are the senders because I think we trust each other to get that data correct. Truthfully hurt people's psychic feelings.. OR we just let people decide to pair up and I'll still keep all data reported. OR you play dungeon master.. and give everyone a thing.. The issue with ATS is the slow response times.. It's not instant messaging.. You have to make a post..

Maybe at timing into it.. Every minute on the minute it's a new number or new color.. So anyone who is locked in and willing to go for it keeps their post rolling without posting and you change the target every minute on the minute and we collect data for 10 minutes.. and then you say it was the 10 targets in ten minutes.. everyone who wants to be counted show your results. You wait 5 mnutes 10 minutes.. OK? Here are the answers.. And then that way we can get better data. AND it's not so many posts to follow. Does it make sense?

I do think me and you have an easier connection than random people.

which I guess makes sense because you are one of those people who stands out against the background noise.

We can take shifts yes.

I've been collecting data on water for the last 3 days.. I'm addicted. How much water flowing in what temp? whats the dew point? is that going to be snow? or rain? whats the total in flow whats the out flow? how many more feet can the lake take?

in fact...

scuse me..

I have new data points in..

LOL

according to my random in the head math they really are shooting for the exact number of 850 feet above sea level.. That gives them 50 feet of lake filling to work with and to slow if the rivers down stream get too full. Yea I'm nerding out a little.. I'm having a rebirth of my respect for good data points and using those to "predict the future"

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Definitely bigger time windows. Every half hour, or so.
Oooh, I like being dm!
And totally agree on the sender/data thing.

Okay so how do we do this?
I'm thinking we offer a list of games, the members have to make the number of their choice the first thing in their post and provide the answer.

Which games we want to do is really the crucial part.
I kind of love the telepathic mastermind. One with the symbols, the other with colours, each of course just one player at a time. And we see how long it takes them to get to the goal. Like a labyrinth.

We could draw something simple, like elephant or car, let that run through the weekend, to see if they guess one, both, mine more often, yours more often...
Maybe do the same with written words?

And of course sthg random like rolling the dice, changing the colour... I don't know if I can find a fortune wheel thing?.. every half hour, if there are that many up for it.

I'd say we pick things which allow us to focus energy on it once and intense rather than permanent attention?

What do you think BB? (I'm sorry I am not sure why I'm loving this so much, but I do BB. I do)

Look what I found

new topics

top topics

<< 341  342  343    345  346  347 >>

join