It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 346
<< 343  344  345    347  348  349 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

You know you're more than welcome

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I can see that

Ill be following that thread. What I posted is probably best digested before an instant response anyway.

Xenu awaits!

You might be interested too, in the game I'm working on. I'm creating it for my dad and I to play since his cancer moved into his liver. The idea is to create something as in depth as a D&D type game, with free world exploration, story, and legacy-type modes with persistent PC between all of them.

I'm shooting for significantly less complexity with the same level of experience. My 3D printer is currently down though, and I only have about half of the dice, figurines, etc. printed.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

How cool is that?! You make your own game. I believe there's a lot of fumbling with the mechanics involved tough no matter how simple you keep it.
I like how Arkham Horror works. It's incredible mean and hard, but so thrilling. And every time you play it's different.

Thanks for your understanding btw. Rest assured I'll come back to you on that other one. Interesting to find someone who doesn't immediately go all enemy.

Looks like I got time. Nobody wants to play, but 4 flags...wth...
urch
edit on 17-2-2017 by Peeple because: add

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Interesting to find someone who doesn't immediately go all enemy.

I find your spicyness too appealing to go there.

I haven't played Arkham Horror. Actually, I haven't played much beyond DandD. I started looking for something my dad and I could do together and found board games have CHANGED in the past years, in wonderful ways. I was initially going to get Pandemic: Legacy. But, it seems pretty steep to spend us$50 on something that can only be played 12 times, even if those permanent changes are, like, the whole appeal.

I found others might be too complicated for both of us. We are both in pretty high levels of pain, so I was looking for something that will distract us without being so complicated that it made us aware of how the pain affects our cognitive functions.

I actually couldn't find anything that fit our needs, so decided to make my own. I wanted something that spans all themes (from fantasy to horror to scoring), had multiple modes including open world "free play," had persistent characters across all modes without a level cap, and had a relitively universal system for determining everything from combat to loot to crafting.

Its been a much larger undertaking than I imagined! But I'm getting there. And yeah, I think game depth requires a certain level of complexity, but I'm trying to avoid a game that takes dozens and dozens (or hundreds) of pages to explain how to play. Right now, I'm at five pages and think I can keep it under ten.

I'm almost as proud of it as my headphones and my in-the-works headphone amp design. When all is said and done, it might even exceed it.

Looks like I got time. Nobody wants to play, but 4 flags...wth...
urch

Don't be too quick on that.. Sometimes it takes a while for something to take root.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I find myself lurking too!! As does our gracious host...

Sometimes it is a time thing. No time to keep up with the chatter so a few days go by and then I have to do a massive read which is not fun.

I lurk on the "Send out some light" thread too! So I know...

No biggie. Feel free to jump in. This is one of the most civilized threads here and feels safe and comfy!

BTW: @Reverbs and @ Peeple... cool additions the last day!!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I find myself lurking too!! As does our gracious host...

Sometimes it is a time thing. No time to keep up with the chatter so a few days go by and then I have to do a massive read which is not fun.

I lurk on the "Send out some light" thread too! So I know...

No biggie. Feel free to jump in. This is one of the most civilized threads here and feels safe and comfy!

BTW: @Reverbs and @ Peeple... cool additions the last day!!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

There is Elder Signs, which really isn't complicated, read the handbook while set-up and the first steps into the game and it's pretty self explanatory. Almost.
And it's fun. A light version of Arkham.

The Settlers of Catan. Fun to play and available as app. Pass on. Really cool. A classic for a reaon.

If you like fancy figurines and d&d you would enjoy Descent. That game grows, is beautiful, fun, a nice story, in chapters of about an hour, ...lovely just lovely.

Sorry I love games. board games, all kinds of really.

edit on 17-2-2017 by Peeple because: (no reason given)

I made it too hard right? Everybody thinks holy sh1t no way...

edit on 17-2-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

a reply to: Reverbs

It's out

...and nobody's playing. I knew it.

that was so not 12 hours

I'm late I'm late.. for a very important date.

ATS is always slow on saturdays.. all the cool kids and their weeks ends..

fyi I woke up and that die rolling program was open.. clicked it again and I got 67 then 39 and 54 and even 45... Then it finally went back to 1, 2, and 3.. Does that not happen to you? cause if not I may be breaking the matrix again and that just won't do haha..
edit on 17-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! High five bitch!

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
Past Dice 67
Tablet is a yellow flower
a round dark shape like a ball and chain
and a dog or puppy ?

67! We made contact BB!

You swear you're not messing with me and read the other thread and thought it was fun...?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Yeah, I looked into all of those. None quite fit. It might also be a partial excuse to use my printer (always looking for those!). Boardgamegeeks turned into a second home for a while there.

I also wanted a main cooperative focus, but with some sort of direct PvP element. In my game, this is accomplished through "portals" which also serve as the mechanism to change themes from a full fantasy setting to say, a scifi, futuristic world. In the case of the PvP, its a portal to the Coliseum, where the players must fight each other to the death for the entertainment of the Drelgum (working name for the big baddy, probably undefeatable since it serves such a strong point in the worldbuilding).

I think at this point, I'm too invested in my own work to move on and I don't have the resources to buy both premade games and my other projects. Freaking transformer alone for my headphone amp is us$20 for the very cheapest one.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! High five bitch!

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
Past Dice 67
Tablet is a yellow flower
a round dark shape like a ball and chain
and a dog or puppy ?

67! We made contact BB!

You swear you're not messing with me and read the other thread and thought it was fun...?

Not messing around. I did see that post after I wrote mine I came to the cafe first.. After playing the dice game again.
when I saw that post I looked at it funny like why did they write 67?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

It's beautiful. I feel like we just made a baby, but a good one, one that comes out nice and clean...

What a messed up thing. But fitting. We were talking about digital alchemy.
And it kind of knocked before. In Yog-Sothoth.

Still the settings are d3 and both stand out through...being far out of the frame.
Everything means something, if they choose this, they don't do it randomly...

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

It's beautiful. I feel like we just made a baby, but a good one, one that comes out nice and clean...

What a messed up thing. But fitting. We were talking about digital alchemy.
And it kind of knocked before. In Yog-Sothoth.

Still the settings are d3 and both stand out through...being far out of the frame.
Everything means something, if they choose this, they don't do it randomly...

I'm so confused.. I've been testing it while watching and I can't get any numbers out side of 1 2 3 to show..
And though my psychic is turned off so this is sort of like I was saying. How I can't tell if I'm reading minds or changing them?
digital alchemy I like it.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

For now I'm busy with scanning this. It is much better than any best case scenario I imagined we could get out of the other, the carnival thread.
So I am done that's yours, now.

I am happy to report it has nine in it 3 times. Subliminally.
67-39-54-45, see the difference between the "sum of the digits 9s" 54 & 45 = 9 .... 13, 12....the Templar number.a countdown indication...who knows? Nothing maybe.
I just like nines and am happy if I find them.

Funny he talks about puppies...
And balls and chain...
Yellow flower...
Something round.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I also like 9s

and 67 is one of my favorite numbers no clue on that it just feels right.

I think it's your fault. Had a lot of energy flowing last night.

I was wondering if it was a coding error somehow. But I will try to get it to misbehave again in a bit. Funny if it starts shooting out words to me lol.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

me - answer
1 - 1 2 - 2
3 - 2 3 - 3
3 - 3 2 - 2
2 - 1 3 - 1
2 - 2 2 - 1
3 - 2 3 - 3
1 - 3 1 - 2
1 - 1 3 - 3
3 - 3 2 - 1
2 - 2 3 - 1

10/20 = 50%

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

And still you seem to have a customer.

Good night. I'll party now... which in my case means let it sink in.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

That's the first part of the puzzle!

Now, gotta figure out what it means. (Probably be easier to guess based on previous posts in this thread, rather than actually translate).

Then, for ultra nerd points, explore how it actually represents it visually. This part is why I thought it was neat enough to use as an avatar. Else, I still wouldn't have one, or I'd be using that pic of a squirrel on a machine gun.

Its kind of interesting, been seeing the circular Gallifreyan more and more recently.

Now time to go lay back down
Rough day..

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

1 is the the only number that can divide a prime number. 2 is the first prime number, and, oddly enough is called P1! P2 is 3!! Everything starts from there!

9 is the first odd number to be seived out. It is the first of the odd multiples to be so. It is 2x3x1+3!!!

You are a path of destiny!

top topics

<< 343  344  345    347  348  349 >>

join