It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 341
<< 338  339  340    342  343  344 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

He has the best taste in motorbikes (Norton Commando...may I...yummy growling thing), and from interviews, he comes across as a lovely person, but can he act? Yes, but with very limited range, hence those "humble"/detached roles. I had a poster of him on my wall when I was 17, I wrote to him once too, but perhaps the less said about that the better. Teenage hormones!

Both the brothers have transitioned. I don't knock them for it, not one bit, but nor can I ignore that knowing that informs on their work, particularly the Matrix, because it does.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anaana

He has the best taste in motorbikes (Norton Commando...may I...yummy growling thing), and from interviews, he comes across as a lovely person, but can he act? Yes, but with very limited range, hence those "humble"/detached roles. I had a poster of him on my wall when I was 17, I wrote to him once too, but perhaps the less said about that the better. Teenage hormones!

Both the brothers have transitioned. I don't knock them for it, not one bit, but nor can I ignore that knowing that informs on their work, particularly the Matrix, because it does.

ummm ok

You cannot make me care if someone who made a movie was girl or boy.

And this is were I divorce the left.

They have become racist sexist idiots in the name of defending race.

So no I don't care.

I care about truth.. As you can see in any number of threads I post in.

Stop acting like girls can do everything guys can do.. Just DO IT. Ask questions later. And I know girls can.

Don't tell me my favorite movie makers are trans.. OK.. Got anything else?

I'd rather go deeper. I'd rather talk about how every scene NEO is in, someone says Jesus... I'd rather talk about how jesus is in love with "the trinity"

Ican't give a # if someone is gay or bi or trans.. I grew up on that since I was 2 and 3 and 4 and 5... I honestly don't care what a human is, as long as the human is a human with values that I can trust.

Sorry.. I guess I got slightly offended.. haha.
edit on 16-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Feeling trapped in a body that you don't feel you belong to, that the "interface" that "nature" landed you with does not configure or compute with your environment, that the way you feel you are is at odds with how others percieve you. I can see that in the Matrix's particular interpretation of the "flesh-prison", and I find it much easier to understand, in that narrative, now knowing how they both struggled all their lives living in bodies that they couldn't relate to, seeking explanations for that disjointedness from concensus reality. It kind of all settles into place.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Feeling trapped in a body that you don't feel you belong to, that the "interface" that "nature" landed you with does not configure or compute with your environment, that the way you feel you are is at odds with how others percieve you. I can see that in the Matrix's particular interpretation of the "flesh-prison", and I find it much easier to understand, in that narrative, now knowing how they both struggled all their lives living in bodies that they couldn't relate to, seeking explanations for that disjointedness from concensus reality. It kind of all settles into place.

but you are writing that narrative..
I don't think you did an interview?

This thread has me wondering if all you guys want to do is project..

My brother at least led me into the mental sphere. The woo woo we are talking about.

I had no idea, and now I have a new book to read that is quoted on .edu sights so much it's free to read.

To move a conversation forward you must have the needed future.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

Pot...kettle much!

Of course, and as artists so do the Wachowski's.

Doh!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

Pot...kettle much!

Of course, and as artists so do the Wachowski's.

Doh!

I
love you Anana.

don't ever forget it.
Even if I get annoying (wrong or silly or dumb).

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Gawd! I am so funny!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I love you too, Buttercup.

I watched the Liberace biopic the other night, and that whole having to hide what, who and how you are fascinates me. We take so many of our freedoms just "to be" for granted. Rosa Luxemburg said that "Freedom is always and exclusively freedom for the one who thinks differently."

When John Hurt died, sad as it was, I was kind of hopeful that it would prompt the showing of Elephant Man and rarer still, a rerun of the Naked Civil Servant. Quentin Crisp was a magnificent expression of the artistry of self as a confrontation of the blindness in others, much like Liberace though much more impoverished, and of how people will willfully only see what they want to see.

ETA...had forgotten how awesome Branford Marsalis's playing is on that track...just loverly!
edit on 16-2-2017 by Anaana because: Sexy saxaphone

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

I love when I get called buttercup.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
What do you guys think:

I was trying to see what else the people experiencing woo have in common:
sudden change of location! Right?

What if that's the big secret? You can travel with willpower wherever you want. Ooh dangerous.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Oh fine. I had to first learn how to resize on phone, then work out ATS upload system, then the linking system. Things I do for my
Peeps... We will see if this works

White one is my little girlie, been with me for about 15 years. The other one is the annoying son of a bitch that lives with us.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Thank you, how cute sleeping head to head.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Its amazing how deceptive pictures can be.. What happened there is that he (the Shiloh shepherd) followed her around incessantly until she laid down. Then, he laid down nearby and slowly inched his way to that position.

That moment captured was the culmination of about an hour of "work" on his part.
She gave up, and he probably thinks you cuddle by pestering others into resigned submission. She still rules the roost though..
edit on 16-2-2017 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

My favourite animals are horses. Then cats, then dogs. I had all of them I love all of them almost equally.
But I mean you just can't have the kind of connection with a cat or a dog you can have with a horse. At least I don't.
And they're not as impressive.

But in all cases personality is key to win my heart. And I like shepherds. I hope he's healthy? No hip problems? Wonderful, energetic, smart dogs. Workers, eager to please and to have a purpose. What's his job?
Is he doing agility, or any kind of "dog sports", training?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

There really is something about horses. We have a lot of them during spring, summer, and fall. A part of me thinks the unique dynamic is the result of a relationship between a predator and prey animal. Most of our companions tend to be predators, maybe out of a common approach.

He is definitely healthy
But, he's also only 3. The Shiloh Shepherd basically takes the GSD back 100 years, straight-backed and everything. They are also a lot more personable than a typical GSD, but arguably more protective (very interesting mix).

The white one is a retired "kind of" search and rescue dog. Her main skills ended up being training other dogs out of aggression issues.

Jackass McGee only has basic training, including some things like tracking. I joke, but he is actually a very strange dog. He is smart, but struggles with things, kind of like a savant. I think I'm going to pick his training up again soon, as he has matured quite a bit. Out of thousands of dogs trained, he is the only one I've struggled like this. My health is undoubtedly a contributing factor, but he's a tricky one...

This spring, I am going to be designing an obstacle course. I'm thinking it will be about 1 acre, and instead of a guided course like agility, it will be designed as more self-directed. He has shown a lot of promise in that regard, but I simply can't run along with him.

He is partially trained in schutzhund as well. No one will do bite training with him though. He hits hard. People love to say that's what they like in that arena, but its only up to a point. My focus was going to be service (for me) and protection, but it just didn't work out that way so focus has shifted.

At this point his job is entertainment, comedic relief, and jackass extraordinaire. He is shockingly adept and happy with that.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Oh you made me laugh. Jackass McGee isn't really his name?...poor thing

Jester is also a job.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

It.. actually is..

Cavall Jackass McGee, Defender of the Gnomes

It just started with Cavall, so the rest is more like an earned title. I used to think he just barked at nothing constantly, so came up with the explanation that he was defending the venerable, but invisible Gnomes from their equally invisible enemies.

Now, I'm pretty sure he just likes the sound of his own voice, but the name stuck.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

2Funny!!

Just as funny as a Mason and His Horse! Crikey! (My favorite response to that one!)

Is it OK to yell 'movie!' in a crowded firehouse?

--Steve Martin, talking about philosophy and deep questions

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Oh thanks. I've named you for minister of inspiration earlier today. I hope you're okay with that?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Okay, so what's your deal?
I'm getting sort of professional vibes from you. Not that I want to accuse you of anything, I am just curious and more than happy to admit I'm wrong if that's the case, but
Reverbs said you helped him orientate?
You show up here with well versed rational opinions, but open and not judgmental.
Charm me with your shy and adorable clumsy dumbed down version of a theory about everything.
Let me ask for dog pictures, just to top that with mind blowing cute stories.
As if you knew exactly what type of animals I like.
My inborn paranoid nature might make me appear crazy, I'm just saying: I'm hooked. Tell me more.

And that comes also with me not just repeating "the fundamental interconnectedness of all things" but really believing it. You're here, you play a role, in who knows how many different stories, yet all part of the same book, in the story collection series of this universe.
Some arrogant pseudo literature critic said something like, you can judge the quality of a story by how many characters in it have depth. By that definition, Hemmingways old man and the sea is out of the race.
Isn't that incredible limiting?
Frames yes okay, but not if you have to cut your toes to fit the shoe.
That's holding us back much more than the wrong use of tools.

Where do you stand on scientology?

new topics

top topics

<< 338  339  340    342  343  344 >>

join