It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 342
<< 339  340  341    343  344  345 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Can I also the Minister of Silly Walks??

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Serdgiam

Okay, so what's your deal?
I'm getting sort of professional vibes from you. Not that I want to accuse you of anything, I am just curious and more than happy to admit I'm wrong if that's the case, but
Reverbs said you helped him orientate?
You show up here with well versed rational opinions, but open and not judgmental.
Charm me with your shy and adorable clumsy dumbed down version of a theory about everything.
Let me ask for dog pictures, just to top that with mind blowing cute stories.
As if you knew exactly what type of animals I like.
My inborn paranoid nature might make me appear crazy, I'm just saying: I'm hooked. Tell me more.

And that comes also with me not just repeating "the fundamental interconnectedness of all things" but really believing it. You're here, you play a role, in who knows how many different stories, yet all part of the same book, in the story collection series of this universe.
Some arrogant pseudo literature critic said something like, you can judge the quality of a story by how many characters in it have depth. By that definition, Hemmingways old man and the sea is out of the race.
Isn't that incredible limiting?
Frames yes okay, but not if you have to cut your toes to fit the shoe.
That's holding us back much more than the wrong use of tools.

Where do you stand on scientology?

Serdgiam at first scared the # out of me. Of course a lot of people did in those days. IT was him and truebrit and my ex pretty much.. my ex called us her rantmen because she left and we started talking medical advice world war 3 and something else. See I was on day 3 or 4 of no sleep and the woo energy was only increasing.

I was under a lot of pressure but I could feel his energy super strong. stronger than my exes even. And that should just be impossible.. I called her a black hole a few times haha. It was a rant for singles so maybe that's why he popped up.
but between the timing and his energy.. And then he was talking about how he wished his back wasn't broken or something to that effect, which I had been searching his name for meaning and the onl website I found that had his name was this weird cryptic sounding link about how to break someones back..

I was in deep woo doo doo, already..

it's funny when you tell a paranoid person "careful who you trust online." it doesn't sound like advice. It sounds like a threat.

Things were weird already at this point but not super weird. Me and my ex had a lot of conversations like "did you jsut hear that!?" on facebook from other side of the world texting only.. "did you hear that?" Something about our connection was causing all kinds of weirdness.

He listened to my crazy stories, and so I wasn't isolated anymore.

as far as scientology. Have you ever watched "King of queens?"
Leah Remini
She was in Scientology from a young age. As a kid.
She just did Joe's podcast number 908.

8 minute preview if you really want to know what Scientology is about.

Scientology = bad

short version.
edit on 16-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I'm still waiting for the day, when I will meet someone who says scientology is awesome and they're member. I know it's bad. Talking about control freaks, right? And the story of the alien overlord is crap, but did you notice the body thetans stuff is not far from what we are talking.
And the scientology super abilities also really close....

Isn't maybe scientology just another experiment? (I just upgraded them until now I called them the "perverted bet") the miscarriage doesn't even know probably. But Ron was club member. And a lot of scientology stuff is absurd, but close to what we came up with so far.
What I'm thinking is the background conversation that led to the bet was about if people would be willing to become worker bees, submitting their well being to the benefit of the hives greater goal. And an awful lot do.
Scientologists see themselves as heroes, saving the world.

If that doesn't creep you out and make you curious...

edit on 16-2-2017 by Peeple because: Add

edit on 16-2-2017 by Peeple because: Auto

Maybe I should write them an email?

Dear Scientology,
I would like to enter as OTVII in your organisation. Because I believe you could provide me with the research environment I need to make OTVIII "the truth revealed" happen.

Sincerely
Nini
edit on 16-2-2017 by Peeple because: 2.add

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

After what I've been through? You've got to hold a gun to my head or I'm just not creeped out.
Scientology is losing members all the time.
It's a failed experiment.

some of scientology might work or be good, but you know it's like our conversation about globalism.
The people running it are bad.

And no I don't think scientology matches what I think at all.

Id be more readily explained by mixing the matrix with star wars.. I used to laugh about people putting jedi as their religious views on facebook, but now I'm kind of like well if I had to call what I think a name jedi wouldn't be too far off.

I already know how mind control works so I'm not curious. I see the same thing outside of Scientology, society in general and wider than that human consciousness as talked about in the book teot brought up..

It doesn't interest me.. What interest me is doing my own thing. I don't want to be anti bad people.. anti control freak.. I'm just pro freedom.

And freedom takes a lot more than not being locked in a cage.. free will doesn't even start until after you question everything you do and everything aroudn you. That's where it starts.. Ultimate freedom is some unreachable point, and somewhere on that path between those two points you have most ATSers. freedom only becomes possible with lots of information.
edit on 16-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

See my edit. I believe it doesn't matter where you come from it matters where you go.
That's a song and my interpretation is, part of the way of the jedi is not to pick sides but to provide justice.
The worst person can change its behaviour if it's environment changes.
Not what you did yesterday, but what you are doing from now on, is what matters.
I really don't judge.
I lash out sometimes, but I like my discussions spicy.
Freedom is another absurdity like happiness. Define freedom, with your own words.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

See my edit. I believe it doesn't matter where you come from it matters where you go.
That's a song and my interpretation is, part of the way of the jedi is not to pick sides but to provide justice.
The worst person can change its behaviour if it's environment changes.
Not what you did yesterday, but what you are doing from now on, is what matters.
I really don't judge.
I lash out sometimes, but I like my discussions spicy.
Freedom is another absurdity like happiness. Define freedom, with your own words.

I suggest you define it.. In your own words.

I already described it. You are the silly one still tying to understand words.

That's a trap..

freedom relies on a few key factors.
one is imagination.. If you can't imagine it you can't do it.
one is knowledge.. once you imagine something you have to figure out how to do it..

You are probably trying to get me to define "ultimate freedom" but I am someone who knows not one person on this earth has true freewill.. But Some people have figured out some of the keys to go that way..

Doing things based on your own personal desires, and having made up those desires.
See I'm an American so my desires are American.. My desires are 90s kid..
Some of them..

People neglect to realize it's possible to find real things you support for no other reason than you know it's right or true.. freedom is how much you are willing to re-write your own code.. IT's how conscious you are of your unconsciousness.

My computer is not going to decide to turn on or off or to write any words or to watch any movies.. It just sits there like a good little slave.. Good little slaves.. Hmm another reason to promote freedom..

Happiness and freedom.. tough ideas.. Gawd you really do sound like my ex.. of course she comes from Eastern Europe, where everyone is sort of dark like that..

It's different over here.. We don't like your goofy ass darkness.. like oh it's all so important and aaahhhh.. oh hush.. I have the freedom to not buy into what I would call your poor attitude.. My word unhappiness. I don't find it particularly enlightening or useful to live with emotions that weaken me and my spirit energies.

I live a much free-er life than anyone I know.. # I decided I didn't want to have a job this week so I'm just chilling.. I do whatever the hell I want.. I don't even focus on days as individual events.. I sleep any time and never the same time.. I don't sleep once a day and be awake once a day it's random overlaps whatever.. I don't have a phone or anyone to answer to..
No one expects anything from me.

I'm not a proponent of ultimate freedom that's just people who don't think like that idea.. I like being a body and not being every thing in the universe.. I like limiting myself to this one perspective most of the time.. Sometimes I like to play a videogame and be in an even smaller mental sandbox.. People who value freedom avoid power.. power breeds responsibility. Me knowing things about the world means I'm responsible to talk about it. I'm not free to keep it to myself..

Freedom is what happens when you realize you're lucid dreaming.
happiness is being grateful for your entire life that led you here.

I don't know if you guys noticed. my woo turned off.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

What happened?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen

What happened?

Nothing out of the ordinary

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Funny my roots spread out south & east. Maybe it's the proximity of communism? Or just a personality question?
And I wouldn't call it dark. It's ultimately the need for a purpose bigger than myself. The wish to serve the hive.

Freedom on the other hand is only fun if it comes with wealth. Or is it only possible to have freedom if you have a certain monetary independence and everything else is just the freedom to choose the toys which will distract you from the abyss lurking under the surface?

In both cases people in power are the problem, but ultimately the answer will lie somewhere in the middle. Freedom sure, free speech, free information, free education, free health care, the state pays the people a basic income.
But I volunteer and help working towards a just, planet full of equals. Which is the good bit of communism, comrade.
I would also add a bit green....

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I tried a few new things but some stupid throat infection got in the way.

I read if you visualise, very intense red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, bright white and then step into the tunnel you can get a trance state pretty fast. So I tried, or tried to try, but had a total blockade. I wasn't able to visualise the colours really. Then I did again and "stepped out" because my stupid brain had to tell a stupid joke...

My plan is to keep it simple. I just start with questions. But the woo is low, that's true.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Funny my roots spread out south & east. Maybe it's the proximity of communism? Or just a personality question?
And I wouldn't call it dark. It's ultimately the need for a purpose bigger than myself. The wish to serve the hive.

Freedom on the other hand is only fun if it comes with wealth. Or is it only possible to have freedom if you have a certain monetary independence and everything else is just the freedom to choose the toys which will distract you from the abyss lurking under the surface?

In both cases people in power are the problem, but ultimately the answer will lie somewhere in the middle. Freedom sure, free speech, free information, free education, free health care, the state pays the people a basic income.
But I volunteer and help working towards a just, planet full of equals. Which is the good bit of communism, comrade.
I would also add a bit green....

What?

Yea no..

Freedom is not money.. In fact that probably makes you the least free of anything on this planet besides getting locked in jail. Or going into a near coma..

Being a materialist and finding what freedom means is probably not the best mix.

I choose to serve humanity in any way I can I honestly wouldn't care about anything if it was just for me. You know something that makes me incredibly free? I don't want anything.. I've never wanted anything except to be left alone, and when I realized that wish would never be granted I make it so 24 hours a day is my time. Even when I'm working I'm doing something in my head I want to do.

freedom means you don't know what I'm going to do next. It has very little to do with monetary power, once you get passed the level of wealth where you can feed yourself have shelter and water.. If you can do all those things without really trying cause somebody farmed for you.. Then you can be free. It's having time divorced of momentum to decide where the river goes next.

Like I quit my job.. Did I worry? Nah I don't worry anymore. I didn't even bother telling anyone for days. I don't worry because I don't attach all the way to outcomes. I don't need to control things. Not even my own future.. It's quite relaxing like that. Oh I'm homeless? ok I can roll with that..

meditation is definitely what I'd tout as the greatest freedom enhancer I've ever met. It gives you the ability to account for your mind. you see the balance sheet you see where the company is going, and meditation puts you as the dude who uses the CEO as a puppet.. It's so easy after that.. They can't even have board meetings anymore. It's just you running the show.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Badass-Buttercup
you should totally change your name....

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I tried a few new things but some stupid throat infection got in the way.

I read if you visualise, very intense red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, bright white and then step into the tunnel you can get a trance state pretty fast. So I tried, or tried to try, but had a total blockade. I wasn't able to visualise the colours really. Then I did again and "stepped out" because my stupid brain had to tell a stupid joke...

My plan is to keep it simple. I just start with questions. But the woo is low, that's true.

your brain had to tell a stupid joke because of your belief system. IT was not random. The brain is very much not random.
That's what they lovingly call "monkey mind" or "monkey brain.." That guy died for me. Or he hasn't shown up for work in 8 years. I havn't heard from him.. My mind when I'm depressed which thankfully I seem to have gotten over after years of torture. If I get depressed there is nothing else in my brain to protect me by making dumb jokes.. I have to make the jokes.

That's way more free than anyone who can jetski in aruba at a moments notice..

I can mold my own perceptions..

And nothing there to nag me.

Well I have super empathy but I love that part of me to bits.

If you want to learn to visualize the book I have sitting over there on my dresser is perfect for it. It's "Initiation into hermetics" by Franz Bardon The first excercise is listing all your faults or anything you think is negative to make a black mirror and everything good to make a white mirror, blah blah blah, I skipped that, but if I ever get back in to it in a serious manner I'm NOT skipping that again haha..

the first real exercise is to just calm the mind.. to let thoughts come and go.. It's a great little instruction on how to do that, and I learned to do it pretty easily.. maybe like a week of really trying but like 2 weeks time..

the next one is to visualize and it was taught to me in a way that it actually worked.. I used to be barely able to imagine someones face. But so how you do it is you get super conscious of everything your butt in the bed the color of the wall the smell of the carpet the slight pain in your right knee the feeling of your feet on the carpet.. You stay super super conscious of everything you do and all it is is you get up slowly walking taking note of all 5 senses on as much of your body and of as much of the room as you can, you get water ina glass you drink it you go back to bed and get in the same spot you were in, and NOW...

Now you do exactly what you just did but this time in your head.

at first it's not easy but because you are trying to paint a picture that is a copy of another picture it's so much easier than imagining a new picture..

It's a damn cool book, but I stopped reading it when things started working too well..

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Badass-Buttercup
you should totally change your name....

lol..

makes me think of the princess bride movie. Princess buttercup. "farm boy fetch me that pitcher."
"ass you wish."

ahhh mmm.. So romantic.

edit on 17-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Let's play telepathic mastermind with the standard shapes!

Or we start easy you pick one visualise and I have to guess then we switch?
Say yes! Yes? Badass-Buttercup?

To see if our respective quantum-critter-ghost-bacteria ecosystems are talking.

edit on 17-2-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I'll try let me grab a drink brb.. I'll post another post when I start picturing one and I'll hold it for at least one minute hopefully longer, ok?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Me:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

ok go

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

The waves started to have colours.

But you picked square.
edit on 17-2-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

The waves started to have colours.

But you picked square.

circle.. it started getting colorful..
I feel high now trying to stay focused like that.

top topics

<< 339  340  341    343  344  345 >>

join