It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 347
<< 344  345  346    348  349  350 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

What's up Badass-Buttercup? Did you melt?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

I checked the numbers on maps.

Kola peninsula, middle of nowhere.
But one fun coincidence: nearest town Kanevka has a population of....*drumroll...67

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

What's up Badass-Buttercup? Did you melt?

I was dreaming about all kinds of random things.
So sometimes I end up in these rooms like some kind of "fun house"
and the only "doors" out of there are near the roof..

but the doors are sometimes as big as my head, or I have to balance on like 50 suitcases to reach anything..
I was working with detectives this time so it wasn't as annoying. I didn't feel trapped, just searching for things.

When I finally woke up outside of that room just now I was like # it I'm not going back to sleep.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
a reply to: Peeple

I'm really not sure what my deal is. Overall, I'm trying to plant seeds that will hopefully sprout over generations to create the proper environment for my technology. I am a scientist, engineer, and inventor with an overall, but distinct, interest in human neuropsychology. My IQ is anomalous enough to have drawn A LOT of unwanted attention when I was younger, which abrubtly ceased at some point that I cant recall. I'm very much myself in this thread, but in many others I'm carrying out that agenda. I feel like I'm tending a garden. It all probably just sounds like horn tooting, but it's important in understanding "me," and why I have such a focus on tools.

The extended truth is that I believe I have some sort of amnesia that started the day I woke up from being unconscious on the ground for several days. My femoral head was sheared off my femur, my spine was shattered, and all of a sudden I had severe bone density issues (almost like from an extended time in space).

I remember that I was fighting some kind of war (VERY different from the normal concept) in my dreams, which seems inconsequential until one considers just how different a lot of those dreams were from most. Before that incident, I was essentially lucid dreaming all night, every night and since then? Not a single moment, or even inkling of lucidness. I feel like I "forgot" who and what I really am, but that feeling seems so common as to be cliche. Of course, it does seem unique in that there is a specific event where that changed, rather than a vague feeling with nebulous origins. Its like I have some imperative responsibility that I can't quite remember, and instead of all this stroking my ego, it feels more like a profound loss and like I'm hiding in some cave while the world crumbles.

I'm firmly convinced something extraordinary happened, in the "bad" way. But I can't remember why it would, and certainly can't remember anything from those days I was supposedly on the ground. I feel like I am a battery forcibly and violently removed from its circuit. In short, I feel violated over an experience which, on the surface, shouldn't invoke the feeling.

What I do remember from those old "dreams" is pretty spectacular though..

As for a lot of the rest, maybe we're just made for each other

I think that in the overall scheme of things, figuring out how to "write" a good, proper story is preeminent. For myself though, my part of the story is the focus on tools. I find those two are easy to mix up.

I'm not at all a fan of Scientology, despite their recruitment attempts when I was younger (which seems.. odd.. now that I think about it). I remember building some device where I held on to copper tubes, which seemed to impress. But, I absolutely LOVE their story about Xenu, Thetans, etc. So, maybe its more accurate to say the social group isn't appealing, but I think their story is fantastic and even better than most. Hubbard's imagination may very well have tapped into the same areas as other religions.

Maybe a bit too honest of a post.. Don't know if that answers anything or further conflates things, but there ya go

Sorry it took a while but I promised I'd come back to this. So if you find the time, I would have a few questions?
Were these dreams in which you fought "some kind of war" during the accident? I assume it was one? (Holy hell it sounds bad, btw.)
Can you recall anything from your presumably trip to after death?

And on scientology, he took the possession thing out of an extraordinary contest, made a story about an alien overlord to wrap it in and managed to make it look as an ordinary everyday thing for pretty much everybody. What's not to love?
Of course strongly opposing the deprivation of liberty, the hierarchical structure with all the nasty punishments and such, but if you look at it as religion 2.0 and consequence of what was going on during Ron's life to influence him... which means more than religion, but an attempt to build a society truly united under an ideology that puts the evolution of mankind's psychic powers at the top of its agenda...
Somehow I find that more attractive than the worship of a meme, which does nothing and helps nobody.

Authority wouldn't be all bad, if the ones wielding it were enlightened, disciplined, neutral and just better in some way, but and that's the ultimate flaw in scientology, more power = bigger dick and all the hard work they focus on conquering their Thetans just transforms them to sad lonely little gods each all alone on an island.
Which is baffling since Ron seems to have known quite a bit about the human mind and the only thing that drives us to become better (in terms of success) is the appreciation of other people. Almost like he wanted the operation church of scientology to fail?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Dude, what does it mean when you dream a spider crawls in your mouth??!! Cause that woke my drunk @ss up tho other day!

Seemed so real. I woke up trying to spit the thing out.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Dude, what does it mean when you dream a spider crawls in your mouth??!! Cause that woke my drunk @ss up tho other day!

Seemed so real. I woke up trying to spit the thing out.

bugs in general are things bothering you.. Like literally bugging you.

If I wanted to get super cheesy I would say "Spit it out!" what is it? LOL

I'm not a dream symbol person really..

If you eat a spider or dream that a spider is in your mouth symbolizes your control over a situation. You are not afraid to exert your dominance in a relationship.

more on spider here

I just woke up I was in this facility.. I had heard of this place before.. Sometimes I randomly have a back story in my dreams that can go back a long time. I had known of this place for years. People dress in cloaks of gray light gray brown black.. When you first get there they take your clothes and cover you in cold water.. You're not allowed to talk. The girl who was doing that well I was really in deep # because they didn't even give me a cloak. I asked her where I could get one. She looked at me in dead stare (I'm not supposed to talk) she decides to tell me so I go to get one and the woman which seems like her mom won't let me take one.. (So I had my regular clothes..)

That girl also let me out of my cage so I could go outside. I don't think she was supposed to. but I'm outside I have no idea how big this place was there were walls.. I started crawling over this one wall turns out it's these pools blue tiles on white concrete little wading pools set into a hill side like terraces but not all going up some go down and the next is back up and back down again.. Someone sees me.. He was there when I came in I decide to trust him he gets me to come down to him..

I told him I have to piss but he's like no just get in the wading pool come on.. Umm ok dude.. Well I do and I ask him hey man how many walls are there do you think I could make it out? Hes like the only way you are making it out is shooting your way out. And then he points to this little tiny tiny crevice in the pool wall and says shh everything's mic'ed.

I look over and this baddass girl has an M249 light machine gun... Her magazines are taped together so when you drop the magazine you catch it move it over an inch and put it back in.. A double magazine.. She was changing mags.. She was just there in the sunlight.. nothing felt tense I guess I just thought she would be doing shooting practice or whatever even though she is like 20 feet from me.. I feel like maybe there are outsiders somewhere if she is going to kill anyone it would be them..

So then the guy is like... It's coming...
huh?
Get in the water!
I'm in the water...
Get in the water !

ok I stick my body further in my head mostly in or at least my face.. That's when reality started losing it's reality.. my new friend is over in another little pool about 3 feet from me he's trying not to freak out rocking a little "oh god oh god oh god."

this is when the top of my head starts feeling rip in space/time ish.. I was triangulating like sand paper pulling me apart. it felt like hell was on my head. haha.. not painful just cold dark powerful.. Unreality.. shifting hallucination? Like 3 days of darkness? Good thing I was in the water.. Just that little part of my head in the middle of this dean koonts book was too much..

I was just like.. This will pass this will pass.... Oh hey wall.. Oh Hello hangover yuck.. Oh right I need water.. At least I'm not trapped in that weird magic mic'ed up cult nightmare thingie anymore..

edit on 19-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs & a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

also no expert on dream interpretation but come on!? If I wake up spitting and puffing and blowing it shows I have control? What?

Also spiders are biologically speaking no bugs, or insects....

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

a reply to: Reverbs & a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

also no expert on dream interpretation but come on!? If I wake up spitting and puffing and blowing it shows I have control? What?

Also spiders are biologically speaking no bugs, or insects....

yea I guess that's if you are calm.. So since he wasn't calm maybe it just means OUT of control.. But who knows.. Anything in my mouth is not going to be some magic dream meaning it's going to mean I'm not happy..

of course they are not
I know much more about arthropods especially insects and arachnids than I should.
My brother wanted to be an entomologist
Bugs are actually a sub class of insect.. True bugs anyway..

I try not to sound like I'm a smart ass though.

edit on 19-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

We should both thank TEOTWAWKIAIFF for providing us the opportunity for some serious smart-assery.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

We should both thank TEOTWAWKIAIFF for providing us the opportunity for some serious smart-assery.

haha

Oh I mean..

Hear Hear!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Negative, those dreams were ongoing everynight for quite a few years. Like I said, I had lucid dreams just like normal ones. Many of these involved everything from simple gardening to creating entire worlds from the ground up. I think I mentioned it before, but one of the interesting parts to me is that these things were all persistent from night to night. If I created a universe, so to speak, it was not only accessible thereafter, but seemed to make progress on its own! I still think that is incredibly cool, but I'm a nerd, so..

Its actually difficult to relate how these dreams happened. They were very, very far removed from reality as we know it. It was through them that I refined my beliefs on things. It was also rather exhausting in some ways. I never felt like I slept, I just "stepped" through into another world. I literally couldn't have normal dreams even when I wanted to.

I only really remember two things from while I was "unconscious." The first is lots and lots of symbols. The second is.. I woke up with a very, very serious craving for a Carls Jr. Strawberry Lemonade (seriously that specific). To the point that I almost felt I needed to have one. Once I did, I was good and haven't had one since.

The time after that was pretty traumatic, so I didn't write down some of the other things I experienced and like a dream, they are little more than wisps of smoke now. If I try to grasp them, they just escape through my fingers.

I do know that I tried to convince everyone all I had to do was walk it off.. I have a high pain tolerance, but I also have a high level before it really enters my perception. That has caused a lot of issues, one being it took them 3-4 days to even examine my hip after that incident and when they did.. well, they were completely flabbergasted. Another odd point is that the femoral head was completely dry of blood (something like that, not my area). I was told that tends to take pretty significant amounts of time to happen, NOT the ~week leading up to the replacement.

Lots of strange stuff that didn't seem to interest anyone who examined me in the slightest way. Might as well have a sprained ankle.. I find all of it incredibly interesting though, from the "lucid" dreams to the injuries, and I suspect it is linked somehow. Above it all though, I feel a deep, profound loss that I can't shake or really pinpoint.

I mean, I have to live in pretty horrendous pain every moment, have to deal with most everything alone, and had to change my life dramatically losing pretty much every activity/hobby I loved. But.. none of that seems more than speck of sand compared to the loss I feel. I just can't figure out what it is.

I find Scientology immensely strange. I agree that, essentially, Hubbard "knew better." He had to know that our cultural story would shape it in the same way as it shapes literally everything else and there is seemingly nothing in Scientology that attempts to prevent this. Maybe that's a front?

Maybe his intent was to break that control loop with sheer absurdity, but didn't account for the true malleability of the loop? I could see that.

My own interactions were quite strange, albeit brief. I looked into it a bit later and it seems I was "audited," but the circumstances seem out of the ordinary. Right off the bat, I made (and was encouraged to make) my own auditing machine all the way up to the fact that what I experienced supposedly doesn't happen without money being involved. Maybe a "rogue agent?" Like I said, tests taken in childhood really drew a lot of attention. Beyond introducing some interesting general implications, maybe the CoS is connected to government in some strange ways?

I don't buy into the whole "he did it to gain money and power, duh!" explanation much. I tend to think that such descriptions are more projection where many people share those motivations by telling themselves its "them!" that do "it," but are unaware of it in themselves. Frankly, I think that drives an enormous amount of our interactions nowadays. Like most are screaming at themselves, their own faults and inadequacies, by seeing nothing else but those faults in others.

And thanks actually for listening and asking questions. Makes me feel like I'm still connected to the world in some way
I suspect all my inventions and work wont have relevance in my lifetime, and given that's really all I do.. it makes it easy to talk too much

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
just found this thread

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Run! Run while you still can!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
just found this thread

It's only 347 pages so I don't know if we have much here to go on.. Hahahha..
it's a little off topic lately in places but this is one AMAZING thread.

got any interesting thoughts or stories?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

stories ummmm i told all of them on the famous multiple paranormal experiences thread so heres a brief sneak peek: brief sighting of an humanoid, too many ufo sightings all lights on the sky,blood on bed,sounds
edit on 20-2-2017 by humanoidlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord

stories ummmm i told all of them on the famous multiple paranormal experiences thread so heres a brief sneak peek: brief sighting of an humanoid, too many ufo sightings all lights on the sky,blood on bed,sounds

we have a nice camp fire going.
I'd love to hear one of your ghost stories.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I'm dying! My throat and head and ears hurt and
I can't even sit without getting dizzy...
Pitty me!

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I'm dying! My throat and head and ears hurt and
I can't even sit without getting dizzy...
Pitty me!

Aww peeple.. I wish I could make you feel better.

I don't feel too good myself.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Why? Also flu?
If you don't mind me asking, why did you quit at the restaurant?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Why? Also flu?
If you don't mind me asking, why did you quit at the restaurant?

flu I don't know I don't ever get sick so now im blah..
restaurant I got sick of it. ha.

new topics

top topics

<< 344  345  346    348  349  350 >>

join