It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 258
<< 255  256  257    259  260  261 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Something about oregano. Like the water n beer thing

plus I cant live in an environment where people are getting really angy cause I grew up with domestic violence and its a trigger

edit on 11-11-2016 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen

Something about oregano. Like the water n beer thing

plus I cant live in an environment where people are getting really angy cause I grew up with domestic violence and its a trigger

same.

When I was four my parents fought over whether I could have juicy juice or not.. MY mom I asked her, and she said it was warm we had to put it in the fridge first.. (it was just on the shelf in a can not in the cold section) And I said ok, but my dad came in and said "his son" could have anything he wanted.. well I didn't want it anymore cause now they are arguing.. MY dad threw my mom down on the ground.. and I really just wanted to go run away, but my dad made me drink warm juicy juice...

so yea I don't like fighting, but I am a a strong dude and if I see anyone being bullied or underdog I will crush you for even thinking you should be mean. first with words and my face. And I've never had to go beyond that.

mostly the old lesson.. Use your words..
be polite..

mostly my words work perfectly. never has to go beyond, and people around me don't have to go through what I did. I really mean it when I say I have your back, but it only goes so far until you are the one in the wrong and then I have the strangers back, so You have
me on your side, unless you are being unfair, and then I'm going to call you on that.
edit on 11-11-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

That's charming. So you know how frightful that situation can be..i actually went into nervous tremonrs once because of that stuff. lol..

*.*

So if we do live in a simulation, do you think it would matter? Would it even be possible to "Escape"? That's me trying to stay on topic.
Ur awesome.. Fairness is king.

edit on 11-11-2016 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

nice transition

I can answer that very simply as it effects me like what I have chosen..

This is where I am, so this is the game I will play.

I have no desire to leave.

but I did used to, since age 4.. I finally rounded the bend. I'm ok now. And because I got ok, and I am a sensitive guy, now I care about others.

If it's a simulation it's still real. We aren't playing battleship. We are not playing Monopoly. We are playing, OR living, Life.

It's only a game in that I am not afraid of death(I am afraid of the pain of dying). otherwise I take this life very seriously. And little secret I am not afraid of death because I overcame my fear of life..

edit on 11-11-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Hmm. Well I'm not afraid of dying because my heart is in the right place and I think of myself as a decent person, so I wont feel like I should have been kinder after its too late. I can die with a clean conscience, not that I'm planning on going anywhere anyime soon

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

exactly, that's exactly it.

and you really are a good person.

I'm happy to have met you and become better friends.

I'm just going to put this here again, because it's so true:

Hmm. Well I'm not afraid of dying because my heart is in the right place and I think of myself as a decent person, so I wont feel like I should have been kinder after its too late. I can die with a clean conscience, not that I'm planning on going anywhere anyime soon

Life.

bitter pepole won't want to hear it, but love heals all wounds. True love, and not for just a partner. True, true love first of yourself after you forgive yourself. And then love for others as you forgive them.. Wooosshh AAHHH.. Here we go.. Yes, this is good.

edit on 12-11-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Thanks for the music, good vibeds

Don't leave the light side, you have to much to teach

I have space in my heart for bullies or demons too. Your humans too.
edit on 12-11-2016 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Thanks for the music, good vibeds

Don't leave the light side, you have to much to teach

I wouldn't dare mousy.

That's a promise.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I think its a unique result outside of "ego death," but can also be connected to the process.

Honestly, I think a lot of these things could do with a bit of cultural updating.. but sometimes I think maybe not. I've got a write up mostly completed should I ever decide, it would be interesting to plant that seed and have others contribute..

Thoughts are an interesting thing though. We both probably agree that residing in them completely, while "normal," can be problematic. But do they have more purpose than simply distractions?

Personally, I say yes, absolutely. With the caveat that thinking in words or speech is like always going 2mph in an 800hp supercar. Images/scenes are a much better starting point. I experienced something very similar, but it bothered me in much the same ways you describe.

What's neat is that we can imagine, say, a jungle waterfall scene and actually explore it without going through the process some call OBE or astral projection.

So, there is some function there that automatically fills in data seemingly from the creation of the image. We may not see that Pygmy Marmoset on the branch of the third tree from the left immediately, but its there at least from the moment of seeing it, and if we set it into motion it can have its own movements beyond our explicit thoughts and attention.

In a sense, I think it allows us to explore worlds that we are not directly involved with at the same time as fully experiencing the one we are physically located. These worlds also seem to have rulesets that can be designed and can maintain consistency without much further input.

This can allow us to carry out many thought experiments, analyses, pathing scenarios, conflict resolutions, etc. In our thoughts, we can perform "what ifs," and I think that alone is immensely valuable. The ability to experience something which directly conflicts with "reality" doesn't seem possible through any other process. Whether that is immersion into a book or video game or imagining we are a bird.

Personally, I use it for everything from inventing and engineering to art and science. It enables me to explore alternate paths of action with much less time and effort investment, at the same time as doing things that have already been run through the mental gauntlet previously.

I'd actually say there is a good chance you might do such things already, but when they aren't locked into words, they seem to be less.. intrusive (?). I think everything from training muscle memory to planning a day taps into it.

Somewhere along the line though, relegating thoughts mainly to words and speech became part of the cultural story. Slowing those down, and even eliminating them, is a mainstay in the more self-aware ideologies, but I believe there is a lot more to explore about it than that. How it integrates into my perception and experience doesn't seem to be described by even the most obscure ideology.

Oooh, a long post even for me! Ill stop myself there.. Can you tell its a facet that I think is cool?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Here comes the sun..

The light is turning back on in the world like a dimmer knob switch..

turn it up.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

That's crazy cause I have aexact one of those in my dining room...

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Whoa you didn't know 80% of what I meant..

You are at 100%...

Hahahah...

Yes you make the movie start and once it's going you can see it all and wait what's that?

and then you go back to a physics textbook.. OH my movie did that because of lorentz radiation... or whatever.

But no news on turning my word based thoughts back on? I can use them to talk and type, but I have to do it..

But just you confirming the exact advantages of 3d movie thoughts.. I can set off the big bang and at a "low resolution" (so far) see what happened.. But because it's like a model and not a 2d movie, like a model of physics I can change the angle, I can zoom in on an atom.. I can imagine it's too hot for an atom to be there.. THe slowing sllloowwwing sssssssllllllloooowwwwwiiiinnggg.. I can see it and now I'm here..

THat's my favorite thought movie to make. I do it all the time with new physics ideas.. But I don't know if it''s totally clear what I mean.. I don't have to make the movies go completely.. they go on their own with my main pont instruction. It has a life on it's own based on my boundries I set. Sometimes I set no boundries..

the only draw back is I have to always think for myself. I have very little auto responses. I have trouble knowing when I'm hungry, and other stuff similar to that.

meh, the benefits are extreme, I just wonder sometimes how to be "normal"

I'm so happy now.

And I have enough scorpioness to fight stronger than anyone when I need to. How did I get so lucky to find that balance? Maybe my entire life was like it was to make those feelings at odds come to even ground inside of me, and so perfectly I can express all of it as needed.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

some people die too soon, so let's live..

this is what the beatles did to johns song he recorded on an answering machine or tape ercorder, remade.. he was no longer here with us.

same song..

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I forgot how calming their music is..ur makin me sleepy lol. its relaxing.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I forgot how calming their music is..ur makin me sleepy lol. its relaxing.

I'm glad you're enjoying the vibe.

nighty night soon little mouse.

I hope you sleep tight and good night.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Same to you verbsies :p Soon ima go lay down and wait to fall asleep..Hope you can sleep too at some point. Talk to you later I hope

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Verbsies? Can this be my name now? I like it.

I'm off work tomorrow but the next day Domingo.. Sunday we have an event for 1,000 people... LOL.. and we have other events.. I have to be on super A game. tomorrow is a tea and getting to sleep early night after a yummy dinner. I'd love to make chili and cornbread.
I might.
and
good night
ALL

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

this is me more than a lot of other things.

hehe.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Well, the "kill yourself" can become a detriment to that world system... but that is an attempt to uncover the why why why due to all the wah wah wah or suffering. Children are open to the world being whatever it is... then find out that what it is isn't very awesome at all... possibility shrinks and shrinks the less it appears they have control over anything, some desiring even a small fraction of control go to the basics of what they can put into their bodies... from music turning on or off the TV to what goes into their bodies... that can become self mortification like anorexia etc. asserting that self to be separate from all that it finds displeasing.

Yes from child open and accepting, to well not that hurts or closes my openiness, so I am going to close the door on that into adulthood and you can deal with what is in your closets that have closed all others out as I close mine too... but but family, tradition, past blah blah. Enjoy the view as the blah blah turns back into ba ba na na pa pa or whatever in the new form, from closing doors on life instead of embracing it oh but I did when you were a small child... only to rip the beauty in and of itself away to put everything else on it to weight it down, chain it up, and hold it in the bondage of sameness... but it was for your protection... life unrolls and aside how can a creation create when all is already created without destroying everything so the flower can grow after being repeatedly mowed down?

Yes it gets to that point, child being the elderly already having been the awakened one hopping over those and living in the grave for them as a place holder so when they go to the earth it can get better in whatever form that may arise... but so many flowers cut down, bent and told to grow instead of just letting the sunshine and play in the puddles as the rain forms them. So what happens after going so many rounds of this over and over when others are stuck in years and attachments of cutting flowers when they not only mow yours down but theirs as well then their grandchildrens?

The lord of death obviously because in such unawareness and confusion the mind has become rampant in attachment to anything and everything to be relevent because theyve claimed it as theirs to control to twist and shape as they want it how they were taught it must be or has to be... and guidence has become one of dementia a mind that cannot rest trying to over see everything for whatever reason in hyper villigence, instead of relax let go and for once see that things if left alone can and do and have handled themselves in unawareness so the trying to be aware of the specifics not one self... the self falls into neglect and forsakes all others.

It builds walls and hate to protect broods instead of create peace so all broods can get along... they forget it isn't the children holding the hate and greed and delusion of fear it is them because they feel they have something to protect that has ceased to be from one moment to the next until the mind gives rise to it... being selfish with the mind? It goes back over and over to what it likes loves or appreciates the most and the rest of the garden goes untended.

And why not? It handles itself remember... but what about when what one tries to tend can not only yend itself but all others in what one has been neglecting? How do you tap them on the shoulder and say look that way at the beauty that has been created and waiting on you... remember it was already here the last time but in all that focus it was forgotten closing doors... go back to blowing bubbles then they smile and want you to go back to blowing bubbles... but such is an impossibility as the conpiracy of time moves on and it would be heaven for one to have a do over and a hell to the other to have a do over that life begins moment to moment to moment and such attachments are burdens self chosen and the ones that are desired to be passed the veggies no one wants to eat because their mouth was talking full of them ones intire life and has heard enough already at the family table.

Some recipes fitting some not but all will feed when properly prepared... the cook often stands there afterwards not even hungry the sight and smell has become too much of a meal already, and would rather feast on the enjoyment others take in eating it, or step out for a moment to have a moment to reflect a prayer of silence either way as the world clicks and lifts on.

Wills and battles of them paper and plastic internal and external and the world is suffering yet again... lay them down and they get lay to rest as the dam breaks craddle what will fall and drink from life itself not the container life made the container as the container attempted to have one.

...and around it goes.

gravy?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Kick start your heart and those mental farts will fire again... don't mind the throttle so much or you'll flood it with unconscious twisting.

My riddle may get it going down avenues maybe byways and highways. But no need to ride bitch... it's your vehicle yes?

new topics

top topics

<< 255  256  257    259  260  261 >>

join