It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: all
yey...naked stories : )

..you guys... I am really laughing at last few posts. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

No, I totally agree. Every action causes a reaction. But that doesn't have anything to do with karma, does it? There is no justice in the sense the tale makes you think there is. Some are born, suffer and die, without ever doing anything wrong.
You could argue now they are paing debts for previous lifes, but the truth is they suffer so can we have our convenient lifes.

Short version:
We are like machines, programmed by experiences, that's a metaphor, we have no free will besides what is hard wired in our brain.
There is no god or surpreme entity but we do have our share of a collective conscience. A species collective memory.

Long version:
If you have a closer look at all the religious, spiritual tales, you find bits everywhere of guiding spirits, ancestors, demons, angels... to me that's all the same energy recorded. Like akashic records, without the woo.
It is a cultural thing what you find when you meditate is predetermined by your personal taste, which is a myth, because again, it is what speaks to you because of your brains mapping.
You and me we have no other choice than being as we are and we serve a purpose, or we give up and die, slowly or fast.
It is all pointing towards the next evolutionary step and that is: becoming a more effective, colaborating species so we can take our development to the next level: colonising space.
Consciousness is not as mysterious as most people want it to be, they just get confused, when they realise we never are alone. There are invisible beings attached to each of us. Not all that interdimensional, parallel universe crap, just tiny portions of your ancestors and sometimes leftovers from strangers attached to your purpose.

If that is unclear or you want to know how I came to that conclusion, let me know...

edit on 30-1-2016 by Peeple because: spell

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
So I'm a big fan of Game of Thrones, and my avatar is my favourite character. I am older than the actress, but also have long blonde hair...and I have a pic of myself with the same rather stunned expression, lol.

Last year, in The Shed thread...members were making videos of introduction and posting them. Being a nerd-at-heart, I taught myself how to make a video too. Then I found...effects! I could add flames.

Now I'm not a drinker, gives me migraines...but there was some Bailey's involved. (apparently not a migraine trigger for me) Alcohol made me feel creative. Also bold.

Yup, I decided to re-enact the 'naked fire/baby dragons' scene, on my laptop using my pet ferrets. For shizz and giggles. (I even put some braids in my hair.) I had lost my 3rd furry baby previously, so only had 2 real ones (which I held)...but we have stuffed toy ferrets. Yes, I got naked and draped myself in them.

Took another shot, then turned on the webcam. Well, ferrets don't like to be held so very quickly they were scratching and my monologue turned into shrieks and mayhem. I bailed, but forgot to turn off the camera...oh the shame.

My partner is the only person who's seen it besides me, and after much hysterical laughter...it's been deleted.
Ferrets make a sound, they 'dook'...us ferret owners call them 'dookies'. I refer to myself as the "Mother of Dookies".

Now you know.
Oh, and I WILL be deleting this!

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl
You deleted that?? That would have been so funny!

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
So I'm a big fan of Game of Thrones, and my avatar is my favourite character. I am older than the actress, but also have long blonde hair...and I have a pic of myself with the same rather stunned expression, lol.

Last year, in The Shed thread...members were making videos of introduction and posting them. Being a nerd-at-heart, I taught myself how to make a video too. Then I found...effects! I could add flames.

Now I'm not a drinker, gives me migraines...but there was some Bailey's involved. (apparently not a migraine trigger for me) Alcohol made me feel creative. Also bold.

Yup, I decided to re-enact the 'naked fire/baby dragons' scene, on my laptop using my pet ferrets. For shizz and giggles. (I even put some braids in my hair.) I had lost my 3rd furry baby previously, so only had 2 real ones (which I held)...but we have stuffed toy ferrets. Yes, I got naked and draped myself in them.

Took another shot, then turned on the webcam. Well, ferrets don't like to be held so very quickly they were scratching and my monologue turned into shrieks and mayhem. I bailed, but forgot to turn off the camera...oh the shame.

My partner is the only person who's seen it besides me, and after much hysterical laughter...it's been deleted.
Ferrets make a sound, they 'dook'...us ferret owners call them 'dookies'. I refer to myself as the "Mother of Dookies".

Now you know.
Oh, and I WILL be deleting this!

Haha caught it!

Don't be ashamed it's a fantastic story

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Yes, Neti Neti practice is a good one, but by itself it will lead to mental illness.
Heck any of this Kundalini Yoga done incorrectly will lead to mental illness.
And in fact IF DONE CORRECTLY, will lead to mental illness, as in a manner of speaking
the entire world for the most part, is in a state of mental illness already.

Yes, you understand the difference between Savi and Nirvi Kalpa Samahdi.

I'm glad that you don't drink the cool-aid, that Kundalini will make you into a god.. you see that's the conspiracy hook there.. or at least it's how "gurus" attempt to attract lazy students.

When I was young and naive, I thought everyone should practice Kundalini yoga, as it can turn one into a genius, and liberate them ("so called") from the "cycle of birth and death"). Well that's the marketing. The truth is that it can liberate the NONHUMAN parts from the cycle of birth and death.. and that's the conspiracy again.

Then I went through the long years of insanity.. because nobody in the world, past or present, TRULY understands all the ins and outs of kundalini... and one should really attempt such a thing with the care of various people, including someone who has "mastered" the process themselves.

Then I went through my stage of "Kundalini is an evil conspiracy", and "entities" are the ones using humans to make it happen.

And finally, at the very end of my life, I'm reconciled for the most part, with what Kundalini really is.. and actually how beautifully it fits into the Shamannic model..

You know, originally, Kundalini was an outgrowth of Kashmiri Shamanism... then it got sucked into Dvaita, Tantra, etc, in a syncretic fusion. (I'm not a Hindu scholar.. don't pretend to be).

I've tried not to think about it for some time.. so I guess I'm just facing it fully again..I see that I've posted some stuff, that while true.. (from a certain perspective), is also needlessly scary.. well..

when one is part of a symbiotic lifeform (both as an individual and as a species), it's pretty easy to have "Human Moments" and see things more from a negative angle.

BTW, what is your first language? / Culture?

Have you had any formal training?

Thanks you for sharing.. I love talking to people who actually know *something* about Kundalnii and aren't just "new agers" who ape words they don't understand.

Kev

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
You deleted that?? That would have been so funny!

You do understand that I was naked?
YES I deleted that!!
My kids are pretty conservative, lol...can't have that showing up online!

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Tuomptonite

I suggest that you lookup: "The way of the Householder".

If you don't stay grounded with "normal life" and your "girlfriend" and 'work", it's far too easy to destroy yourself.
You know this.. just reminding a friend.

Kev

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Thus my pet theory that self-editing erases the best art and leaves the dull.

That was pretty funny, kid, and I totally wish I could've seen that... though my brain did a pretty good re-enactment.

Heh.. .thanks. Now I can post again, though some work has accumulated, as is it's want with prevaricators.

Thanks for satiating my curiosity... need a smoke, now, Jacy.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Glad you all enjoyed my story! Every shameful word is true.

After giving birth to twins with 13 staff in the room....13!! Trust me...all pride is gone...it's just gone...

Now everyone please get back to the woo-woo, before Kev scrolls up.

jacy

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

"How is it that there are folks of such caliber posting on a "conspiracy" site...? Heh. "

There is no place in the world for "high caliber folks" (there are way more than one in this thread) to do their thing.

The age of the "genuine shaman/mystic/whatever" is nearly gone.

Oh sure, there are plenty of religious and yoga paths left out there.. but hardly ANY of them rejuvenate themselves with science and logic from the modern era. They moon over long dead holy man, and suffer from "founders syndrome".

The founder MAY have been "enlightened", but founders don't tend to write things down, or teach replacements to take over for them.. they are just so fraggin happy to be free..

Then the most ego-centric student who wants to sleep with all the pretty lady yogininis "take over" and it all goes to crap.

What we need is a new form of "spirituality".. to discard the past entirely.

But we are going extinct as a world..

So there is no place for a simple country shaman to lay their head.. they are accepted nowhere on Earth, and wind up going to places where outcasts congregate.

Kev

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Oh well with creative use of flames and ferrets one would never know. I understand though. Still, it would have been funny.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

... and wind up going to places where outcasts congregate.

Kev

Umm...yeah.
Welcome to the Island of Misfit Toys.
It's all good, we have cookies.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

*clicks handcuffs on Baddog* *snaps whip*

Who you calling a fat guy in tightie whities??

Dragon's blood no, but I did walk naked into the fire and emerge covered in ferrets. (but that's another story, hehe)

You had me at ferrets.

Please auntie Jacy, tell me about the ferrets!

Kev

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Correct.

Kev

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Yuppers... or "ditto" (wow, anachronistic phrase...remember "dittos" in grade school and everyone sniffing them? Heh) but as far as us going extinct ... it's a distinct possibility (and rhymes!) but we might pull our survival off, or we'll jump to the "Mystik" asserted alternate probability line/dimension where we remove our collective heads from our asses and clean the #e up (while stopping using everything up).

Or we die... but that would make me sad.. . as well as dead.

Despite coming of age at the proposed end of "Western civilization" (punk rock! Oi!) and projected nuclear annihilation, and not having kids on purpose to not personally propagate this oft sick human game (or leave them to sort out the huge mess)... and being a huge cynic and morose/maudlin ass, I refuse to pack it in and go fetal as that "end" seems perpetual... and IS.

The future will continue to be stupid, I'm sure, but maybe not as much. Hiya!

edit on 1/30/2016 by Baddogma because: tacked on a last thought that was the point of the ramble in the first damned place

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Really? I mean is it? That still leaves so much room for interpretation and it feels like I am halfway there, but something still entirely evades me. If I just knew what the right question is...
I am so sure you could help me. But for the life of me I don't know what it is. I have to ask you something. You know what a messed up feeling that is? You are here, I am here, the question is missing...
I am stuck. Like seriously reached a dead end.
And the messed up part is, this is literally all I am doing lately, looking for the next question.
Sorry this is my personal mess, you don't know what I am looking for.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I completely understand what you're trying to say...is that weird?
Been stuck in the "why" stage of life forever.

How can we ask about what we don't know about? Isn't that why we're here picking each other's brains? lol

Oh, beansidhe...You owe me a story now!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

oh I see. you are making it a bit personal. Not with me, I mean with karma. From where did you get that it was anything about justice?
hehe
There are many dis infos on the internet. Original buddhist or hinduist teachings of karma are different than what it is known as today in general. If you are curious you could find them you know and maybe it would make more sense for you.

yes this is the truth on the surface, what we can observe with the senses. Agreed. But is there more to it or not? We will find out eventually, we have that going for us. In both our imagined universes! Isn't that nice : )

interesting explanation. You say some very unique things! If you don't mind, I am a bit more curious.
What are dreams, life and death in relation to it - from its prospective?
Does collective consciousness put an imprint into local individual consciousness? how?

And what do you mean by: "You and me we have no other choice than being as we are and we serve a purpose, or we give up and die, slowly or fast. "

a purpose? Do you mean evolution is our purpose?

you had to have some experiences to have come to such conclusions. I don't question them or your conclusions. But don't just believe in them, try to experiance more stuff and confirm with 100 certainty these things. Until than just have an open mind and entertain all possibilities.

... well this is how I go about it. All things should be questioned until self evidence. So my posts in this thread are also mostly just conclusions from a few experiences, but I will not stop until I confirm them for myself. This is basic truth about what all saints, yogis, buddhas and such people say.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join