It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Yes to all the critters... personally, I'm fascinated by all lifeforms and would loved to know the skinny on them.. .'cause what else is there?

Well, minerals are pretty neat, I guess, but talking to them takes a looooong time and they're (usually) so predictable.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Well I think that the only true guru is within and books can help with many things around that. There are a lot of them and many of them are wonderful for broadening prospective. But that is all it is just another prospective. Experiences are what is important and inner realizations, as you hinted already. But my mind is used by now how to deal with the wired experiences and they don't bother me. The fears were subdued or burned out...well at least for now I could handle them : )

I just like to read and try what I feel is right for me. But I did not yet come around to shamanism and its advanced techniques and philosophy, so I thought you could help with that and share some interesting titles but it is ok, I understand what you say ... oh well I give it a good try, at least.

But you see, I did not have that in mind about you being my guru, they even say a guru comes to the student when he is ready anyway so I have never searched for one.

And just to be clear and for the record : )
I don't have a problem with drugs, only did it for curiosity a few times. They are a great guide into within if you respect them and have good intent, the trips can show many stuff. It is a great tool for learning. But I agree this is not needed, but if one wants to take a shortcut in meditation, that is one way, for me.

Ok enough about me.

I would like to ask you then, what do you think about siddhis? Are they possible in your opinion?
edit on 1454233498144January441443116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

edit on 1454233587146January461463116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I would guess most of us are so lost and out of touch with our 'self' that we have no idea where to begin.

Therefore a list of books to read/browse would be helpful to many - imho. (that's - in my humble opinion (not that it is always humble))

I have found some books have really made me think about and question things and I'm sure there are plenty more that have helpful hints and nudges in them.

SIDDHARTHA by Herman Hesse - link to free copy here

The Secret History of the World by Jonathan Black, Mark Booth -

Here for the first time is a complete history of the world, from the beginning of time to the present day, based on the beliefs and writings of the secret societies.

The Egg - link to ats thread which includes

That's the 1st three that spring to mind and i would love to see what other works people have found helpful in their quest to understand/connect with 'whatever'

I always find language a barrier to communication as each word has different shades and connections in everybody else's minds. People often argue the words rather than the actual meaning of what you are trying to convey/question.

Perhaps the language of Babel was truly expressive and capable of conveying your actual thoughts and motives - would certainly explain why anybody in false control would want it removed from our consciousness - although it may just be an allegorical account of humanities general rush to the material rather than the ethreal.(see again there is no adequate word for what i mean and people will focus on the word 'ethreal' although i could have used spiritual, dimensional, religious....)

It is dawning on me right now how significant words are as depending which 'inadequate' word i use determines how many will respond.

Shuffles off stage left to think some more.

edit on 31-1-2016 by johnb because: ooooh my 1000th post - simple things, simple things

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

OMG this had me giggling wildly,i have a good imagination for picturing scenes,and i almost drenched my keyboard in blackcurrant juice
Thanks for sharing the ferret episode Jacy
I store these things in my mind and you can bet one day somewhere i will see something that reminds me of ferrets and then your story will pop into my mind and folks will be wondering why i'm braying like a hysterical donkey for apparently no reason
Delicious tale!

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Ok now That was just Seriously creepy..
Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Hey banshee,no i stopped doing the meditation that seemed to bring forth the symbols,propably hit a major depressive period again,and a very busy household,so i let it slide,sorry. Of course i can start again,but with homeschooling my son and the household, i have really lapsed in spending a lot outside-but when i feel for it and have the time,perhaps i should try that type of meditation again,will be interesting.I have'nt seen them in dreams or anywhere else,it seemed they only came at that specific time and using that specific method. But when i get around to trying it again,i shall of course keep you and everyone here updated. A goodly Sunday to you and yours

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Ah yes language, each word is a symbol and if we'd truly want to communicate we first would need 9 pages of definitions to be on the same page...

a reply to: UniFinity

Thanks for sharing so much. This makes it certainly easier to put your posts into the right perspective.
An indian influenced druid?
edit on 31-1-2016 by Peeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Hey Dog,ya that will be a mystery that will always puzzle me. I was very p-d off about it actually ,aside from being abnormal to not bleed when cut,especially with an open razorblade,i Really wanted to do my little ritual.

I have found,at other times in the past few years,when i burn a finger on something hot,it would hurt like hell sometimes-and not even burnt to white crisp,just red and helluva sore. Then i would hold my finger with some of my other fingers,and Really concentrate on making the pain go away,and i would actually feel pain recede,like the tide going out. But my hands do seem in general to have a higher tolerance for heat than average,i can wash dishes in water of a temperature that would make,eg my daughter yelp in pain if she quickly dips her hands in for a quick rinse after say,making a honey sandwich.

I remember once,many many moons ago,when i was much younger and married briefly to my first husband,my then-husband came into the bathroom,i was in the bath,lazing and relaxing as one does. He needed to wash his hands and quickly dunked them into my bathwater,then he screamed and jumped back and quite testily shouted at me "jesus christ are you some kind of demon that can bathe in molten lava?!?" He was in pain from that extremely brief submersion but to me it felt just comfy and glorious,so idk maybe some people's skins just have a higher tolerance for high temperatures?

Still the burnt- to -a -crisp bit that didn't t cause any pain and dissolved away without leaving so much as a blister is above what i would call a higher tolerance for high temps,that one i cannot explain.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

link to vid

You mean like this Indian guy using his bare hands in cooking oil

edit on 31-1-2016 by johnb because: right link lol

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

No need to apologise Rax!
Yes, if you're in a good place maybe you can recreate it? That would be great if you could let us know what you experienced.
I've tried to meditate, but I can't (or won't). I can't stop thinking - I think I like thinking too much. There's so much to think about and so little time.

A good Sunday to yourselves, and all other threads dwellers, as well.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

I think your book list is a great idea. I'll go and find some of my favourites and add them to yours.
In terms of language, no I disagree. Well, I agree that we can can be talking at cross purposes without really understanding the speaker's meaning but using shared language.

But as long as people are clear (and don't mind an intermittent barrage of questions from er, some of us here) we should be able to get a definitive meaning from everyone. It just takes longer, but it's worth it.
I suppose though, that it's hard to find specific words when you think people might find you batsh#t crazy. So there might be a reluctance to expound and explore but we'll maybe just need to get over ourselves.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Good morning Beanie! (hehe, that's what I call one of my daughters)

I'm sipping coffee here and reading...not awake enough to participate yet! (this doesn't count)
Lost my connection last night so had to abandon ship.

Tis good to be back amongst the weird and mystical.

jacy

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Good morning jacy! It is good to be back amongst the mystical and odd, and just to reiterate what you said, it's particularly good because there are so few opportunities to talk about these things without being thought of as a raving loonball. Perhaps we should start a pc thread on spookphobia and the crushing oppression of the intolerant spookphobics out there.

Oh, hang on baddog gave us one. Forget that plan.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I know, right? People are so judgemental. (laughing at "crushing oppression"...hahaha....)

Try getting government assistance for my tinfoil hat, sheesh at least a tax break (on the foil) or something! But no.

A word of advice...don't tell your family doc about the 'babies near your perineum' or the snake...unless you want some really weird meds. Same advice goes for your shrink...if you mention black sludge and wraifs. (sp?)

Yup, best we kooks all stick together...safety in numbers, and all that.

jacy

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Cool and more rural or older langauge words are 'heavier' with meaning - take a word like 'dreach' unless you were brought up with it and have experienced the joys of a Scottish winter (i suspect other northern languages will have similar words) you dont get the full meaning of the word.

Sure others understand you mean a crappy dull day but it conjures up (for me at least) memories of childhood days looking out over the countryside covered in a misty rain, thick with cloud, fire crackling etc or of trudging along a path cold and soaked to the bone looking forward to a good hot bowl of thick soup/stew and a good fire to warm up in front of.

The Basque language is difficult to understand by even other Spaniards for this sort of association and deeper meaning of words but I digress (as usual)

I suppose I mean to say that words are often not capable of expressing what I am trying to say or perhaps I am just incapable of selecting the right words to convey my thoughts, which I guess would mean that my thoughts have still not coalesced into actual 'ideas' and therefore cannot be recorded as they do not yet exist 'materially.

Well that sounds kind of 'deep' and like it may contain a kernel of truth - a thought does not and cannot manifest itself until you can record it somehow perhaps?
After all if i cannot explain it then i cannot understand it.

I'm right at that spot again where I can hear the coin falling but it hasn't clicked yet - must keep listening this time and not be distracted.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Dreich's a great example and a picture might even be necessary to really be certain that the meaning is understood.

You say that you're maybe incapable of selecting the right words, but actually - by using a whole range of adjectives and imagery - you succeeded perfectly in defining your word. So I think we're agreeing that words can be packed with meaning, memories, emotions, concepts and belief and it behooves us to seek clarity whenever possible and to check that we have really understood.

Well that sounds kind of 'deep' and like it may contain a kernel of truth - a thought does not and cannot manifest itself until you can record it somehow perhaps? After all if i cannot explain it then i cannot understand it.

I think that's a very eloquent explanantion and ties in to the idea expressed earlier that trauma experienced during a child's preverbal stage is 'stored' differently. And actually then, us adults are constantly experiencing the same problem when we don't have a handy container (one word) for our experiences. It cannot become a thought (verbal) until it can be spoken. It can't be stored in our memory and retrieved meaningfully or effortlessly unless we pack it into a single word or convenient image/symbol.

Food for thought, thanks johnb, for more pondering fodder.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Oh my..not something im going to try

Very impressive!! One has to wonder How the heck?? His food looks really yummy too.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Do you guys know the scole experiment?
What do you think?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I was reading through your thread history today and found some interesting things. Now I have an interesting question, I think: what is your take on projection?
To me it is and was from the very beginning obvious: you find what you seek. That's why these religious folks find demons and people like T.McKenna found the spirit of Mother Earth and so on? Can you project enough to make others see your personal apparation?

Also: Isn't it maybe possible some people with "thinner skin" are able to look behind the veil of time? That all the UFOs and apparations are not extradimensional in any way, but simply out of time?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Oh, also Supern ature by Lyall Watson has to be in your reading list. It's 1p on Amazon just now, a veritable bargain.

edit on 31-1-2016 by beansidhe because: wonky words

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join