It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Your wife is very wise indeed.The way i see it "death" does not exist-energy cannot be destroyed. So what is referred to as " death" is merely a doorway, an exit point. To what comes after, whatever /where ever that may be. I hope it includes cats,many many cats.

"Death is the only thing which is truly real; that and Divine Restlessness."

But we agree about the cats.

Kev

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

And humans being cattle is something I've always broached in my own thoughts (stemming from cattle mutilations at first, in more obvious permutations, but then meandering to broader scopes...).

Ol' Robert Monroe (the alleged out-of-body world's traveler) broached that with his "loosh" ... he went deep into the "many world's" and up several "subsets" and saw our system just powering "super beings" with our petty/non-petty emotions... whether or not the guy was "legit" I cannot say, but the premise could well be.

So, even if we were evolved/created to birth energy critters, then so what? Better to serve some purpose than to be a nihilistic ape-thing popping up and dissolving for no reason other than "huh, let's see what happens."

But deluding ourselves that we are some divine spark destined for better things might serve a purpose, too, on those dark nights where the train whistle echoes at 3:00, one is alone and it's so cold out... heh.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I like being a nihilistic apething, in fact I'm going to add that to my C.V.
We are cattle in the sense that we're all wee beasties on the face of the earth - maybe nobody's cattle though. We just are.

I've been pondering this thread - it does now qualify as excellent, despite your early misgivings - particulary Mr Pretty Bear's post a page or so ago which seemed to suggest that it is the universe which is sentient and conscious and we are just happy vessels for that. As he said earlier 'it's not about you' (not you specifically baddog,
).
And also Bassplayer's response about animals being aware of different frequencies (that word is up for debate) which is undeniably true. We can't even see what is all around us - no wonder we 'sense' things.

But deluding ourselves that we are some divine spark destined for better things might serve a purpose, too, on those dark nights where the train whistle echoes at 3:00, one is alone and it's so cold out... heh.

But the very fact that we can is so very, very suggestive that we should - that to wonder about the otherworld/god whatever - is a human trait. Why? Why is this part of our make-up?

When it's cold at 3am, remember that you have collected a trans-global (I just made that up I think) collection of souls who want to talk to you and are very happy to hear your thoughts.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Likewise, you trans-globalist you.

And that 3:00 a.m. train whistle is more poignant if you are in a Western U.S. environment with sparseness, keening, dusty winds and big expanses of nothing... just sayin' (tumbleweeds.. .picture tumbleweeds).

And sure, I glory in being a nihilistic ape, too... but isn't glorying in purposelessness transcending nihilism... maybe a wee bit?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

And just to stress my weirdness, wanna report some thing/one just blew in my ear... unmistakable and weird.

But the wind IS keening outside and my house is oooold and has drafts... that's it... no ghosties, just the wind...

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Sorry about that, didn't mean to scare you.

And sure, I glory in being a nihilistic ape, too... but isn't glorying in purposelessness transcending nihilism... maybe a wee bit?

I never said I was good at it.

There's just too much damn beauty in the world, it's hard to be nihilistic for long. Hell, I get over-excited by Scythian DNA finds, I'm a crap nihilist!

Anyway, what did your ghostie say to you just now? Is it windy outside?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Heh, any long conversations I might've had with any ghostie is done when asleep and thus fairly inaccessible to my waking consciousness... as far as I can tell, anyway... and thankfully 'cause actually hearing spoken words from emptiness sounds too spooky... I mean I've heard walking, creaks, shuffles, and a myriad of loud bangs and even a couple whispers in the more messed up "haunted houses" but nothing intelligible so far...

and this instance was just a warm breath and soft movement of air with a little "whah" like some breathy woman (or lady-ish man) was an inch off my right ear... sent that little shiver and gooseflesh down my person.

I've grown used to the idea we're never alone... crazy as that is... and as uncomfortable as that is being a gross biological system.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I know you're all tumbleweedy over there in America, and my Scottish wind outside (80mph tomorrow ffs!) is probably very different to your desertish wind - but I've never known a puff of warm wind rattling through the cracks in my house. Icy blasts, yes - warm puffs, no. And it never says 'whah'.

The more we turn to face these things, the more they appear...maybe....?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Most assuredly attention and belief is (as KPB might say) 99% of it... but that doesn't mean it's all "in one's head" as we think of that phrase or that weirdness can't come when not even close to thinking about it... it can and does.

But yeah, I tend to always rationalize... even when my core self knows what's weirdly what...heh.

edit on 1/31/2016 by Baddogma because: added 't

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Most assuredly attention and belief is (as KPB might say) 99% of it... but that doesn't mean it's all "in one's head" as we think of that phrase or that weirdness can't come when not even close to thinking about it... it can and does.

But yeah, I tend to always rationalize... even when my core self knows what's weirdly what...heh.

Yup.. sometimes the physical (real world physical environment) gets's involved.. magnetite.. quartz under pressure.. geomagnetic abnormalities.. sun spot cycle.. gawd knows what.

At the present time I'm speaking more about 'soft factors", but definitely there's a lot of "harder" factors to discuss as well.

So it's not all just "in our heads" .. sometimes another factor becomes involved, and THEN at least, other people see what we see and/or get bit on the ass by seemingly "real physical stuff".

It WOULD be interesting to get that sorted out.. so that we could put aside metaphysics entirely (it would be purely physics and psychology at that point).

But probably won't happen in time.

Kev

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Okay - please, please, please, you have to elaborate on "the two lovers"...

...that 'card' came up in a tarot reading I did for myself a bit ago, one where I understand the significance of every other card in the reading except that one -

- and it's in the "immediate future" position, so been on my mind a lot -

and thus, very synchronous that my favorite shaman should bring up a 'concept' with the same 'name' as the card..

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
After using a Ouija board I had my leg lifted off my bed while trying to sleep. I awoke to find my leg suspended in the air with a black figure standing over me. I shot up, my leg was slammed back down to the bed and the figure disappeared in an instant. For almost two years I was haunted by a demon who went by the name Belial. It drove me to the edge of sanity. But fear is their only weapon. I knew that all too well.

When the events began to die down, through the board it told me "you are a challenge". The true source of power can only be found from within. When the darkness bares it's teeth, bare yours right back.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

I know you're all tumbleweedy over there in America, and my Scottish wind outside (80mph tomorrow ffs!) is probably very different to your desertish wind - but I've never known a puff of warm wind rattling through the cracks in my house. Icy blasts, yes - warm puffs, no. And it never says 'whah'.

The more we turn to face these things, the more they appear...maybe....?

"She who must be obeyed" (the control loop lady) lives for "attention".. and if we were to ever "figure her out", then we'd put a check mark next to her in the science books, and move on to something else more interesting.

"She" doesn't want that..

One of the things "she" tries to get you to do, once you can perceive "her" is to promise yourself to "her" for all eternity.. and "she" plays all these "suffering Boddhisattva movies" in your mind..

It's an interesting "pickle" to be in..

You DO want to love "Her". But it's also a "Trap".

It's a no-win situation, without an answer.. at least I don't have one..

All I've been able to do, is to "love her" equally as much as Iove everything else.. without showing "Her" any favoritism whatsoever... that way.. she gets "Her" love.. and protects me and doesn't get all tricksey on me (much), but I don't
fall under "Her" spell.

I really wish that I could be more specific.. give some perfect "cosmic answer" and wave my spirit rattle and solve everyone's answers. But I can't.

I am resolved to share what I know.. and admit most clearly what I do not know.

That's all I can do.

Solving "Her Riddle" would fundamentally change everything.. but we mustn't go charging after "Her" .. that's what "She" wants.. "She" is a Chinese Finger Trap.

Kev

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Gh0stwalker
Heck of a fire and frying pan situation.. .being a "challenge" I mean... if you weren't, then misery, feeding the beast and death, but, on the other hand, as a challenge you present an interesting past-time... noted by someone who may be partially in your scenario.

The answer? Dunno... anyone?

eta: and concurrently echoing KPB's post above... synchro much??? and tanswer my own query, balance.. .

edit on 1/31/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/31/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

Now "above" the little snakies (the reason I call them snakes is 'interesting' - more on that some day) are what I call "the two lovers"... you see them referenced in much mythology.. even the OT (Christianity & Judaism) has "Jacob's latter".. which apparently is the same thing..

I'm in love with the two lovers. I can't help it. I've resonated to them since before I was born..

There is "she who must be obeyed" who lives primarily in our world... she's also known as the "control loop".

Kev

How do "the two lovers" relate to Jacob's ladder?

And if there are 'two' lovers and one is the "control loop lady", who is the other one?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

It's Jacob's "Latter," silly... as in Latter Day Saints...

Lord I'm cracking myself up... better take a short break before I regret even more eternal posts.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

What? Mormon bashing now? No star for you lil' buckaroo!

It's one thing to mock KPB's spelling...

....but how dare you mock the people of the Angel Moroni...!
edit on 31-1-2016 by lostgirl because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

And humans being cattle is something I've always broached in my own thoughts (stemming from cattle mutilations at first, in more obvious permutations, but then meandering to broader scopes...).

Ol' Robert Monroe (the alleged out-of-body world's traveler) broached that with his "loosh" ... he went deep into the "many world's" and up several "subsets" and saw our system just powering "super beings" with our petty/non-petty emotions... whether or not the guy was "legit" I cannot say, but the premise could well be.

So, even if we were evolved/created to birth energy critters, then so what? Better to serve some purpose than to be a nihilistic ape-thing popping up and dissolving for no reason other than "huh, let's see what happens."

I don't disagree.

But I think it's MUCH better, when handed lemons to make lemon aid.

MAYBE we are just "loosh".

But let's be "loosh" with style, happiness and togetherness.

And all that aside, whether you believe me or not.. I am 100% certain, that during the endless cycles of time and space and no-time and no-space.. that we will all get our turn at the wheel so to speak.

God is not an asshole, despite what the Christians and others try to teach. (< no "" makes -- notice).

A long time ago, "we" were just amoeba like things, which absorbed a bacteria, which became a Mitochondria.. which led to multi-cellular life.

Every cell in our body "serves their master" (us) and they don't whine about being "Loosh".

I'm so sick of the small-mindedness on this topic.

I truly am.

Kev

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

I wrote a 5 page post answering all your questions.. then the "ATS Keyboard thing" happened and it all went away. I'm not particularly superstitious, but I'll take that as a sign not to divulge what I know at this time.

Sorry*

Kev

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

Now "above" the little snakies (the reason I call them snakes is 'interesting' - more on that some day) are what I call "the two lovers"... you see them referenced in much mythology.. even the OT (Christianity & Judaism) has "Jacob's latter".. which apparently is the same thing..

I'm in love with the two lovers. I can't help it. I've resonated to them since before I was born..

There is "she who must be obeyed" who lives primarily in our world... she's also known as the "control loop".

Kev

How do "the two lovers" relate to Jacob's ladder?

And if there are 'two' lovers and one is the "control loop lady", who is the other one?

The Two Lovers live in Overworld, and for their own reasons, are big hearted softies towards all of us here in one of the Pot Hole Universes.

We here in the PHU can't see their 'real forms', just their "Tulpa Forms". It's usually only Shaman who interact with them.. and not any of the more 'Civilized" outgrowths like mysticism, spirituality and religion.

They rarely interact with humans.. but they do love their "babies" that I have mentioned.

"She who must be obeyed" might be viewed as Jehovah's mother, but what she is far exceeds that...she's all of human "metaphysical potential" locked up in a self-pitying, mewling, attention-seeking, power-mad insane center of high strangeness.. and yet she is strangely beautiful and compelling.

That's all I'm saying on this subject right now.. due to the 5 pages being lost incident.

Kev

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join