It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 154
<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

You are a serious contender for most fun person I know on ATS!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I don't inflict. Infliction is so martyr-like and not the new black.

One assumes all this inquiry, a component of the current human mind comes from alleviating boredom, after survival of course.

Yup.

We distract ourselves from the fact that we are mentally unstable primates who will soon die
with all this stuff.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

You are a serious contender for most fun person I know on ATS!

Thank you.
My survival skills are crap so I depend on my sense of humour.
I have even managed to diffuse a couple of potentially dangerous situations by 'doing my thang'.
Afterwards, was told I had balls. (Bad balls, bad balls...whatcha gonna do...)

jacy

zazz girl, are you feeling any better yet hun?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I am currently on my hands and knees looking for my left lung which I think I just coughed onto the floor.

Bit better as I am home this week.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I am currently on my hands and knees looking for my left lung which I think I just coughed onto the floor.

Bit better as I am home this week.

Oh geez, that sounds horrendous!

*gets on hands and knees to help search* *feels under bed*
"Found it!"
No...sorry...just a hairball.
How about I just make you some tea?

jacy

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Perfect!

(I'll take my fur-ball off your hands)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Perfect!

(I'll take my fur-ball off your hands)

I could have sworn I read that as....purrfect, hehe...

Baddog Balls....I really have had some interesting and freaky electronic happenings while checking out certain information online lately. (we discussed this pages ago)
Will be back later after lunch to put it in here.

No thread drift here...nope...
jacy

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Didn't know that side! Thanks, loads to read.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Interesting to read what transpired. I found it a little awkward the way people asked him to take them with him

Or the way folk got so cross with him.

I just read that earlier, because I've noticed Baddog's other discussion thread from time to time, but I must confess I never read the original thread.
From just reading it once, it seemed like it was aimed at certain people and if you didn't know what he was talking about (ie not one of the intended recipients) then it wouldn't make sense. But if you knew and understood the language and metaphors he used, then it was a very clear confirmation of...something. NDA's got brought up a few times, which led me to think that for whatever reason he couldn't clearly say what he wanted to say, but could intimate enough - if you knew what he meant - to confirm something.
One member said barely anything but seemed satisfied with it, and another member took pains to defend his character. The OP mentioned on occassion that he would be vindicated in the future which seemed important to him.

The whole episode gave the impression that he was slightly bonkers, but his writing didn't seem to demonstrate that. I was left with the feeling that I was missing a huge part of the puzzle from the onset, which was maybe really the case.
Intriguing thread though, for the OP and the responses alike.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

When I met with Jacques Vallee he told me that he had signed many NDAs and as a result there were many things he wouldn't discuss.

That's fair.

Now if I were to say, "Well Jacques Vallee" told me thus and so..but due to NDAs I can't say any more..that would be a psychological game I could play if I was an unethical person.

I see people pull that fast one all the time.

So If Astr0 talked about NDAs (I haven't read those threads in a long time)....then in my opinion that would tend to prove it was pure B.S. not the opposite.

My opinion.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I don't think it was him who talked about them, but like you I would have to go back and check. I get what you're saying, it's an easy tease if you like messing with people's minds, but that wasn't really my impression. I'm not really sure what to make of it, but I still have the sense that it was 'coded' in some sort of way.
As far as the dream catching and the hidden black stone, no, I don't think they were meant to be taken literally but I couldn't really say why.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

He didn't play that game either... can't think of an exact instance, anyway. Did mention most of what he said in his older posts was mostly b.s. due to secrecy/vetting concerns, but it wasn't that usual "I have signed papers keeping me silent and if I break it loved ones die" angle.

And Bean's right that the conversations were extensive and hinted at a lot, and that my discussion thread was lazy as the whole story was too extensive to tie every "hmmm" moment together and explain why I even considered it to be possible.. .it was the big picture that made me consider it... and I've consumed far out stories before and knew they all stunk in some way, but this one didn't have that usual 'stench' to it.

But it takes many dry hours of reading to get that bigger picture before it all clicks... and even then, you can't know, for realz-realz, heh.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

You are the only person who was modified by the experience who I know well enough to semi take your opinion as possibly valid.

However I also know that someone like Richard C. Doty could have fed Astr0 disinfo until he blew up like he did.

That's how the disinfo game is played....the disinfo agent gets his claws into someone semi-credible who then spews the nonsense to other semi-credible people....sometimes there are 2-4 layers Of people involved.

It snowballs.

And if one of the people "infected" is a mystic/occultist, etc. Then the effect is
Greatly magnified.

(I'm talking about people like BD, MM, and even KPB) here. As my rabid opposition AND my own BTUFO experience have no doubt fanned the flames!)

Bah*

Kev

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Well, you just gotta trust that I am a decent "vetter" of b.s. and have been in this rarefied info game my whole life ...and this one instance didn't make the "nope" or even the "maybe, but likely not" categories, but, instead, made the "Huh, it passes the smell test... maybe so" list.

There aren't many that do make it that far up the "possibly true" scale, outside of the mainstream. anyway.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

I don't think he was bonkers, the thread looked like he just wanted to have a bit of fun and go out with a bang.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   

a reply to: Anaana

Frankly, I mostly wanted to see you go into your carefully quoted responses in your typical pedantic style, to see if you would choose to be somewhat civil to me, as I'm giving the "high sign" that I want to be civil to you.

I am sorry to disappoint you, but this is me being civil. If by pedantic you mean that I break down my responses so that I can better address the points made, I don't take that as a criticism.

Your style is fascinating.. as you seem to wish to lead the other person down a very narrow cognitive / communicative tunnel, where of course your personal opinions (not facts) lay in wait. Now this is also fine.. rather like debate style.

I don't think that you are in any position to question anyone's adherence to "facts". My personal opinion, if that is what you are inviting, is that you dish out accusations of "bullcrap" around but seem willfully oblivious to your own distribution of the same. That is entirely up to you, I have no issue unless such bullcrap is addressed to me. Say whatever crap you like, but you should perhaps refrain from saying it directly to me. I am all for live and let live, but it's a two way street.

Only at least myself, I seldom agree with your assumptions lining those tunnels, and seldom the opinions.

I shall take that as a positive sign, thank you.

On the other hand, sometimes I do. And I enjoy your obvious intelligence.

Thank you.

Since we are in a chat forum, nothing is off-topic; I'm more interested in how your brain functions
than in anything you might say about the topics we discuss -- which if that annoys you, I do
beg your pardon. But I'd rather we learn to communicate properly --- as a task with a higher personal
priority, than any content you might discuss.

Yes, I should imagine you would. Just tip me the wink when you're capable of raising your game. I'm patient, I just don't like time wasters.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I'm not playing a game. I just want civil conversation with you. You may recall you hit me with "homo erotic impulses" out of the blue.

As for your other comments you are entitled to your opinions. I do not take offense when others are merely wrong.

Kev

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

On second thought I am going to address your bull crap statement, but as a general reply to the thread. As it does merit a response. However I will take your advice and not respond to you, as you will give your crusty response, which is cute and all, but from my perspective, a time waster. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Hello. This response is on the topic of "my bull #" vs. "Other peoples bull#". I'm going to explain the position that I have held for many years.

Now ultimately as many of us have discussed on many occasions, for all we know, we are all brains in jars; captive in a perfect illusion, or who knows what.
It's actually impossible to know anything, and nobody has any right to make grand pronouncements of any kind, and this certainly includes me.

However most of us choose not to live in a postmodern morass of "all is one but an illusion" which may give a certain psychological succor, but ultimately leads nowhere.

Most of us, as the OP title suggests, give quite a lot of credence to science, while kicking the tires around the perceived edges, using techniques of a supposed metaphysical nature.

So whose bull# has merit and whose does not?
Well that will always be subjective, until someone can prove their "woo" in a lab, and presumably none of us have done that yet.

So from that standpoint we are all currently equals.

Now let me address the respect issue before moving on.

I have enormous respect for the scholarship of various people in this thread..such as Kantz and bean. They have earned it. Now do I respect their personal subjective experiences? Well I respect that they have personal integrity and would not knowingly lie or confabulate. Something probably happened.

Others in this thread I respect for their obvious integrity and devotion to ferreting ;-) out the truth. Now these folks may give credence to existing metaphysical systems. Which is fine for them.

But after 50 years of researching the metaphysical systems of the world, I do not respect even one of them.

I do respect my own system and subjective proof, but obviously I am not in a position to prove anything yet...and I frequently admit this all over ATS and on my blog.

I personally find all the spiritual, religious and metaphysical systems dead wrong; and in fact toxic and harmful to the human race.

Of course everyone has the right to pick their own poison.

Now in the case of our host BD, I love the man to death (as I do others in this thread). I find him honest and off good character.

Unfortunately I've gotten "too close" to the whole "Astr0 affair". I think in part its because of the whole "summoning" thing, when the "BTUFO" showed up right in my face and did tricks...while none of the Astr0 true believers can say anything like that or at least haven't.

Both "sides" are pretty passionate and hold diametrically opposing conclusions.

I just need to let that go.

But that doesn't mean that I disrespect Mr. Dogma..

Well anyway....that's my take on the whole B.S. thing... I thought I'd been painfully clear about that for a long time.

Anyone who thinks I'm just full of B.S.....thats fine...I'm a fellow brain in a jar....feel free to tap my jar in Morse code if you can figure out how.

I'm still going to express myself most strongly like various of us do...I've devoted my life to this kind of stuff...and I've just recently started sharing my work. I'm certainly not going to stop Now. Its finally getting "good" after all these years.

Kev

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Clap clap... well said, sir.

Also, while we're at it with grand declarations (kidding!) gotta clarify myself (again or for the first time.. .I forget).

So, in my own weighing of probabilities, NOTHING has EVER reached the top of the TRUTH scale... no thing I have run into so far.. .including what I perceive to be myself!

Whatever the reasons (psychological aberration, remembered mystical info, or ??) I find solidifying my world, or collapsing my own probability wave, to be ... entrapping.

I like to perceive myself as free... and most especially free of ideology (knowing that is impossible while a human, but making the attempt when I can remember to).

So I mean it when I say it is important to myself not to swallow anything completely... it's all grey of varying shades.

Oh, and your b.s., kpb, ranks up there in the nearly white grey area of "maybe true" and that's a huge compliment from this paranoid, skeptical blop of whatever I really am!

Skoal.

new topics

top topics

<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join