It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 157
<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Oh, owls and synchronicity - that sounds good. Let me know how you get on.

Sorry, yes, my harbinger of death role slipped my mind there for a while. (Hmm, not a real banshee, they're thinking now. I've been sussed).

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

originally posted by: beansidhe

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

originally posted by: beansidhe
a reply to: Baddogma

Which witch? Are you suggesting I'm of the witchy persuasion?

But "you" are a banshee of death right?

Oh yes, so I am, I forgot.

How does one forget about being a banshee of death?

I swear, that one almost has me giggling.

Oh good grief I just snorted my water out....that was just so funny to read! (*hugs beansidhe*)

The feathers? Well they are not attached to dangly bits, if that's what you're asking?

On my bed, next to clothes that are sitting folded. No feather pillows, nothing 'down' in there...nobody had been in there all day except me when I folded the damn clothes, and it wasn't there.
Same place last time.
Often near 'my' stuff...but never any logical reason.

They show up randomly, usually after I speak in my mind to someone who's gone.
Maybe I'm just hoping it's woo-woo?
jacy
edit on 1-5-2016 by jacygirl because: missed a word...what a loser...hehe

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I just KNEW it was near "your stuff".

I just KNEW.

You really deserve the mental images that you evoke,
flaming ferret wench.

Kev

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

rofl...mao....

What's really funny is the fact that I'm dead serious when I write things...it's only when I go back and read it from YOUR perspective that I realize...and clue in...

Now I'm sitting here actually biting on my lip, hands hovering over the keyboard...trying to choose...each...word...carefully....Hey! I consecrated an ill cow once...the bad-memory-banshee taught me.

edit on 1-5-2016 by jacygirl because: sp

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Jacy, you broke me on that other thread... I was giggling at the idjits with the "Mandela Effects" of New Zealand being off and whatever else poor geography skills do to the gen pop, and then fell completely down the rabbit hole and my whole reality is shaken... seriously WTF!?

I have a firm memory of spelling dilemna ... sounding out the N as in Duh-lem-Na for a spelling quiz when wee and it stuck for life, and now it's double m??

I fear for what remains of my sanity... jeepers that's weird.

edit on 5/1/2016 by Baddogma because: spelling error, HA

edit on 5/1/2016 by Baddogma because: edit becuase hands were shaking from nervousness... shyte aint funny no more

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
R + L = J

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

The Mandela effect threads are fascinting indeed.Well im 51yo and i recall all my life dilemma being spelled with the 2 m's.Feels weird to see the discrepancies
Around 1987/88,i think there may have been some "adjustment" or dimensional overbleed,i have a distinct memory that bugs the heck out of me-of living in an apartment -where i Never lived.Makes my mind feel all slidey and weird,that.
edit on 2-5-2016 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

My sister and I were convinced that Mexico was in Central America - turns out we were crap at geography.

What's more scary than 'timelines shifting' is how one quite forceful person can convince others that their own memories can't be trusted and that they are somehow wrong.
Pure Charlie Manson stuff.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe
Exactly... a real glamour.

I'm demonstrably a poor speller, but I'm as sure as I can be (which admittedly is never 100% due to a modicum of wisdom/humility) that it was spelled d-i-l-e-m-n-a.

So that, along with a certain alive/dead Schrodinger celebrity, and now a couple other things... all due to specific (and shared) memories as strong as knowing my family, friends, pets, basic maths and my life narrative.

It is hugely destabilizing... and makes me run off into several paranoid scenarios, or wonder that quantum effects may happen at the macro scale, which is something I've always guessed at, but never experienced with so much certainty, IF it has a reality outside my skull.

Luckily I'm at ease with relativity and understand a little quantum physics ... and so can continue on in an uncertain world, but I have to admit the Mandela Effect is far less funny a concept than it was a few days ago.

Stupid internet.

edit on 5/2/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Schrodinger's celebrity.
That's brilliant.

Glamour is right and it's very powerful. If someone (and no one else) makes you doubt your own sanity, ask yourself why and watch them like a hawk. They want something, probably control, and it's not with your best interests at heart.
You're an intelligent, level headed guy with a good all-round knowledge. I read that thread. It was fascinating, from a purely human point of view.
We do second guess ourselves, it's why game show hosts ask 'Are you sure about that answer?'. We defer to those we assume have greater knowledge.

It's what Anaana was talking about a few pages ago, it takes an awful lot to go forwards without someone else to either inspire you or clear the path. In fact, it seems to go against human nature.

Yes weird things happen, undoubtedly, but they happen on their own, when you least expect them, usually. Not because some bloke with a jesus complex insists they happen. Do you know what I mean?

You're fine, don't doubt yourself for a minute. My only advice is never research on the internet, rely always on paper books.
Why do you think the Nazis burned them? Well, you know of course, but their permanence cannot be disputed. Hence why I'm a book snob, falling over great piles of them in my house.

Look after yourself today and be kind to yourself. Seek out people who encourage your wellness not self doubt.

B xxxx

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Jacy, you broke me on that other thread...

For all the shenanigans in THIS thread, I owed you that...lol.

To be serious though, I'm leaving that thread now.
Those threads (Mandela Effect topic) always, and I mean ALWAYS end up with so many naysayers that I just can't be bothered. They don't read what we write...what's the point? None of us have any answers.

I guess that means that I will be spending more time here, which is better because here I know and respect the members participating, and don't really think the 'idjits' could 'hold their own' here...hehe...

I do have a couple of things to bring to the discussion, but it's early and I'm only on my first coffee.
Hope everyone is good. Will be back.
jacy

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Well, I'm taking a nap before my own work begins, but now I'd like to explore it with you, as the effect, in general, is fascinating and illustrative of the ephemeral nature of cognition... OR true quantum strangeness and/or multi-verses are merging...

perhaps when I wake, I'll KNOW it was always spelt "dilemma" and it will be reversed in this thread and everyone's memory, heh... (and that was a partially nervous "heh")

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

So what is your opinion about those time/dimension shifting allegation type threads?

Other than the fact George Bush isn't the Emperor of the North American Union like he should be...I've not seen anything else distressing *cough* *cough* *cough*.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Dilemna

I must admit that I know how to spell dilemna properly.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
There are other differences, too (queue suspenseful music)... but that's the biggie that broke my own 'suspension of disbelief' bridge as it was so darned solid a memory and in my reflexes.

Glad we both started in a similar portion of the multiverse... quite the dilemna!

On a good note, perhaps nuclear annihilation (or something) happened in the dilemna-verse and this one is nicer!

I'm partially kidding, but ...partially not.

Maybe Mystik IS exactly correct.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

And wanted to add (besides a lovely post/thought) what if it's your own mind trying to mess with you? What then? How does one avoid one's own "self" .. .heh.

But I hear ya and agree 101%!

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Also just saw your dialogue with 65536 in that other "spirits might be..." thread... THAT was veeeeery interesting.

More supportive anecdotal worldview for the Big Bear! Love to be a fly on the wall as you two compare notes...

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I'm having a very bad day (understatement)...but this video is only 2.09 minutes long...if you want to see it.

jacy

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Sad to hear about the poor day you're experiencing. Obviously I hope it improves (maybe a universe jump to where you are well off and not a responsible care-giver in a tough situation?)

The 'leftover' paper trail where the 'old' info is still apparent is troubling... if it is really a reality merge, then one would think the paperwork would all be changed too... unless it's a partial juxtaposition?

Someone trolling the net, changing stuff just doesn't compute as the authors now think their own name is spelled with a "ain" ... so... a partial quantum merging of 'verses might be an actuality.. .which is crazy!

Maybe some secret spacemen (or equivalent) are tweaking the 'verses? And maybe it's a pink unicorn...sigh... but thanks for the video as it is interesting.

Been awhile since I had a proper rabbit hole to explore... I just hope I emerge with my eggs unscrambled.

edit on 5/2/2016 by Baddogma because: s to d

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Hey, before I calm down and read your reply...just letting you know I'm going for throat in that thread now.
I've had enough. The trolls are marching in and I'm ready to throttle every single one of them.

In case you want to watch.
jacy

new topics

top topics

<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join