It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Apostle Paul, A Man Used of God

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Actd 15:28 29 and 21 25 Paul is given 4 suggestions for the gentiles after the Apostles consult the Holy Spirit so as not to burden them. When he returns he says they only said to remember the poor. Paul in 2 Timothy 1:15 says all those in Asia(real christians) have turned away from me. Strange, if he had God with him I can't see the ENTIRE middle east rejected him if he was not corrupting Jesus teachings. Matthew 24:23 if anyone says to you look, here is the Messiah, or there he is, DO NOT BELIEVE IT for false prophets and false Messiahs WILL APPEAR ....to lead astray, if possible, EVEN THE ELECT. Romans 3: 24 28 Paul contradicts Jesus saying by faith APART from works justifies a man. We all know Jesus and James say faith without works is dead. 1 cor 4:15 Paul says, "for I became your father in Christ Jesus through THE GOSPEL. Matthew 23:9, the gospel, Jesus says CALL NO MAN YOUR FATHER ON EARTH, FOR YOU HAVE ONE FATHER WHO IS IN HEAVEN. Matthew 5: 17,18 Jesus makes it clear the law IS NOT abolished but fullfilled. Paul, on the other hand says in Romans 10:4 for Christ is THE END OF THE LAW. If that isn't enough to provehe was ppreaching a false gospel I have more. Just ask.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 33Iam666

1 Corinthians 9:14 Paul: "The lord commanded that those who proclaim the gospel should GET THEIR LIVING OFF THE GOSPEL" Really??? I don't remember that command, Paul just(typical of a Pharisee) stated that God gave him permission to profit off the gospel. Wow. I bet greedy men have used this verse to justify their turning the church into the den of thieves they are for a long time. And why is he, even though Jesus and the Holy Spirit through the Apostles forbid it, teaching in 1 Tim 4:4-5 o.k.ing the eating of meat sacrificed to Idols? I will tell you why, because he is a false prophet, as prophecied by Jesus, confirmed by Jesus in Revelation. Three times. Once to the Ephesians, again by not counting him in the vision of new Jerusalem, and for those advanced students of the bible, by the mention of Balaam.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Oh and here is a real good example of Jesus warming about Paul: Luke 21:8 Take heed that you are not led astray. FOR MANY WILL COME IN MY NAME, SAYING, THE TIME IS AT HAND. DO NOT go after them.

Here is Paul in Romans 13:12 "The night is far gone, THE TIME IS AT HAND." HMMMM.

Christians will make a poor excuse for every instance I've mentioned, it's there nature to circumvent logic when it suits what they want to believe. I know, I used to do it. Then I actually read the bible like a book instead of the usual bouncing from passage to passage. I had to admit I was wrong, difficult for a longtime believer, but I had asked the Holy Spirit for the truth and he/she/it gave it to me. Who am I to question the Holy Spirit. So it increased my faith ten fold instead of destroying it.

My opinion, the first readers of the n.t. were given two stories, one about a strange 13th Apostle for the profane, and a story about a false prophet, prophesied of by Christ and fulfilled, for the Astute and Initiated. Pauline doctrine is anti-Christian, anti-God, and beneficial to the Rulers of the day. If Christ had wanted a 13th Apostle, he would have mentioned it at some point.

Christians, don't be fooled by the mainstream interpretations of men with little common sense and possibly an agenda not Christian.

Chtist was not a mainstream type of guy, and the mainstream churches have no clue about the real Jesus, its Paul this and Paul that. And it is a shame because Pauline doctrine has kept women oppressed, provided support for slavery, and has benefited none but the leader's and sinners who falsely believe they are Christians. They are not. They are Pauline, and Christ is just a name to them.TThey iignore the obvious, or don't pay attention but either way they are wrong. God bless this thread for exposing the false prophet Saul.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Gnosisisfaith, Why are you doing this?

once again you are great at removing verses from the context and then pasting your opinions to them. Let's put your verse into context and see if Paul actually is saying he could take money so they could live by those they preach too. This verse has been so misused yet you blame Paul for it. Fourth Watch is one of the biggest abusers of this text and yet they totally misinterpreted and misunderstood it.

1Co 9:4 Have we not power to eat and to drink?
5 Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas?
6 Or I only and Barnabas, have not we power to forbear working?
7 Who goeth a warfare any time at his own charges? who planteth a vineyard, and eateth not of the fruit thereof? or who feedeth a flock, and eateth not of the milk of the flock?
8 Say I these things as a man? or saith not the law the same also?
9 For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen?
10 Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope.
11 If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?
12 If others be partakers of this power over you, are not we rather? Nevertheless we have not used this power; but suffer all things, lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ.
13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar?
14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

Now in the last verse it says that those who preach the Gospel should live by the Gospel.

How did Paul preach the Gospel of the Grace of God?

BY Faith.

How did those who Believe on the Gospel of the Faith of God?

BY Faith.

So How was one to live if they were to preach the Gospel?

BY Faith.

This teaching was not about being able to take money from people. Nor did it forbid it. It is about how one is to live if they have the calling to go and teach the word.

Paul did teach to people what to do and this collection was for the poor not Paul

2Co 8:1 ¶ Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia;
2 How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality.
3 For to their power, I bear record, yea, and beyond their power they were willing of themselves;
4 Praying us with much intreaty that we would receive the gift, and take upon us the fellowship of the ministering to the saints.
5 And this they did, not as we hoped, but first gave their own selves to the Lord, and unto us by the will of God.
6 Insomuch that we desired Titus, that as he had begun, so he would also finish in you the same grace also.
7 ¶ Therefore, as ye abound in every thing, in faith, and utterance, and knowledge, and in all diligence, and in your love to us, see that ye abound in this grace also.
8 I speak not by commandment, but by occasion of the forwardness of others, and to prove the sincerity of your love.
9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.
10 And herein I give my advice: for this is expedient for you, who have begun before, not only to do, but also to be forward a year ago.
11 Now therefore perform the doing of it; that as there was a readiness to will, so there may be a performance also out of that which ye have.
12 For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not.
13 For I mean not that other men be eased, and ye burdened:
14 But by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may be a supply for their want, that their abundance also may be a supply for your want: that there may be equality:
15 As it is written, He that had gathered much had nothing over; and he that had gathered little had no lack.
16 ¶ But thanks be to God, which put the same earnest care into the heart of Titus for you.
17 For indeed he accepted the exhortation; but being more forward, of his own accord he went unto you.
18 And we have sent with him the brother, whose praise is in the gospel throughout all the churches;
19 And not that only, but who was also chosen of the churches to travel with us with this grace, which is administered by us to the glory of the same Lord, and declaration of your ready mind:
20 Avoiding this, that no man should blame us in this abundance which is administered by us:
21 Providing for honest things, not only in the sight of the Lord, but also in the sight of men.
22 And we have sent with them our brother, whom we have oftentimes proved diligent in many things, but now much more diligent, upon the great confidence which I have in you.
23 Whether any do enquire of Titus, he is my partner and fellowhelper concerning you: or our brethren be enquired of, they are the messengers of the churches, and the glory of Christ.
24 Wherefore shew ye to them, and before the churches, the proof of your love, and of our boasting on your behalf.

edit on 23-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

and here is how they were to help a teacher Gal 6:6 Specifically

Ga 6: 6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Huh??? Am I supposed to know what a gnosesfaith has to do with a false prophet. That aside, Ill let the evidence speak for itself. I don't need to post more evidence but I will. You have your messiah Paul, real Christians like myself have the real messiah. You can't deny what the bible says.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

It is obvious you and gnosisisfaith/Essence616 are the same person. You are violating the T&C by having multiple accounts and trying to by pas their actions against you.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohnThat's a lie. Your being like Paul. Don't tell lies because you don't like the facts. This is my first day on this website. Fact.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

you gave no facts you gave an opinion and supported it with an out of context bible verse.

Facts are without dispute, your opinions are Disputable.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohnYou can't quote word for word and be out of context. The bible says those things, which makes it a fact. You are trying to discredit me and your saying the bible doesn't mean what it says. THAT'S taking things out of context to justify your opinion to yourself, which you have every right to do. But you can't deny what the bible says, I'll let everyone decide for themselves if Paul admitted to being a liar based on the texts, and let them rationalize it away all they want. As long as I try the Holy Spirit is satisfied. I'm not a Nazi, and not forcing my beliefs. The evidence speaks for itself. If I wake up 1 person I'm a success. If not I'm happy that the Holy Spirit revealed the truth to me so I'm fine with that too.

edit on 23-1-2016 by 33Iam666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Opinion is disputable, but that those things are in the bible is not.

edit on 23-1-2016 by 33Iam666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

a word for word text out of the context is not fact but an opinion

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Whatever you have to tell yourself to feel better is fine with me. But I didn't take anything out of context as the texts say what they say. Your not making yourself look very educated by lying, saying that I took anything out of context is a desperation ploy. And a lie.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Anyone interested in more info about the false prophet Paul I have more evidence upon request. People are starting to think for themselves and reject what lying pastors tell them but brainwashing is a science and it works so people either realize this on their own or just don't. I know many people who have figured this out. They are usually independent Christians with no church to deceive them, and some people can't get that Christ didn't acknowledge Paul at all. Beware of the Pharisee.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Not sure why I always have to suggest this...

But why don't you just write your own thread on the issue... that would take away the derailment factor on other peoples threads

And besides that... the topic of Paul is always an interesting issue

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
That was a completely nonsensical self contradictory statement, as presenting scripture for people to decide on their own is in no way taking things out of context. That is the argument of a defeated man and you can't refute the truth so you resort to character assassination. I think that is so sad. Even people who don't agree with me acknowledge I make a solid theological presentation, they choose to believe what they want and I am ok with that. But they don't get angry about it, we have friendly debates and remain friends. You are very immature and I think you need to look inside yourself and ask why you refuse to be wrong even when you know it. You'll never grow as a person with that attitude. Even though you insult me I am not mad at you, nobody is perfect.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon
Because this one is just fine. And its been done, I searched it and found it and that thread is old. Plus I made every point necessary to prove it, so why bother. People will always have the evidence they need to investigate it right here. No one can deny the words in the bible. It would be futile.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I didn't derail this thread I just provided evidence to refute. That's what a debate is.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Yeah you'll find a lot of threads about Paul here... I have a few myself...

The point is this thread is not supposed to be against him... OF course there's nothing wrong with being against him or debating your points...

Its just easier if you make your own thread, because at least you're on the topic... and people won't have to dig 10 pages into the thread to find your info...

Doesn't look like you have any threads right now anyways.... why not give it a try?

edit on 23-1-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I guess I could do that. It would be fun and maybe I could convince some people. Im gonna do it tomorrow because I want to polish up my presentation.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join