It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Apostle Paul, A Man Used of God

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon
I think Raggedyman was agreeing with me, with mild sarcasm towards the Gnostic side of the argument.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Raggedyman

Dude...

DISRAELI is one of the most knowledgeable Christians I've ever had the pleasure of conversing with...

you should check yourself brother...

Sorry Ak, I was being a little sarcastic towards other members who talk a lot but know very little
maybe a little to sarcastic

No disrespect intended

Thanks for the check

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

perhaps...

maybe I just tweek when people use the word "study"... as in YOU need to

I hate that

edit on 20-1-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I'm happy people are waking up to the truth about Saul the Pharisee. Not every one is going to escape their programming, but I'll take it. Eventually Christianity will separate from Paulianity and the Paulines can worship their Messiah while the wise defend the pure teachings of Christ.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
maybe I just tweek when people use the word "study"... as in YOU need to

In this case, "One needs to study", "People need to study". I knew what he meant.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

not something im used to I suppose...

I may come to a different conclusion then others, but running into those that can't even give the basics of their own religion, yet are still pious in what they've been taught has jaded me over the years

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Essene616
I'm happy people are waking up to the truth about Saul the Pharisee. Not every one is going to escape their programming, but I'll take it. Eventually Christianity will separate from Paulianity and the Paulines can worship their Messiah while the wise defend the pure teachings of Christ.

generally speaking Christianity is Paulianity...

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

For now, yes, in the future I hope not. You stated yourself earlier the difference.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Essene616

Can't help but wonder... where is your friend?

Someone that claims to be a gnostic....

interesting....

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Work. I crash at his house sometimes. He is a Gnostic, why I don't know. Can I give him a message?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

IF that is his label...

Tell him to read this thread and reply accordingly...

Better yet take my advice and write his own thread on Paul...

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I think he just says he's Gnostic because it confuses people. Hes into every religion. If it will get a rise he will say he's Christian and Muslim. He just likes to confuse people.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Once he finds this he won't have a need. I'll tell him.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

And claims? You really shouldn't define another mans faith. Why would anyone claim to be a Gnostic if he wasn't? It doesn't make his life easier, thats for sure.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I tend to keep up on all religious/spiritual threads...

when one says "I am a gnostic"... said person defines him/herself

Regardless of the tenants of said "belief" system... you can't take away what one labels their own person as

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

It's not a label. Gnosticism has no creed, doctrine,dogma and has no true stereotypes. No one tells him what to do or believe, and there isn't a Gnostic church around here. I respect him for not choosing one religion like every other religions person I know. He even took Shahada because he was angry about them being discriminated against. That's actually pretty courageous if you ask me. Every one discriminates against them and he makes them his brothers and sisters.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Essene616
a reply to: chr0naut

They don't show that at all. What were the four suggestions? Acts 22 tells the story. Read until Paul returns to the gentiles, and see what he tells them. He blatantly lies and says they only said help the poor. You are trying to accuse me of taking things out of context, but I'm telling a story as it is written in the bible. I laugh at Christians who don't know the bible. I'm laughing right now.

Acts 22 describes Paul before a mob in Jerusalem and then before the Sanhedrin council, also in Jerusalem.

It makes no mention of any suggestions given to Paul, no mention of anything to do with the poor and he also doesn't leave Jerusalem and return to the gentiles.

Your reference is wrong. You can read it here , if you want.

I'm laughing back at you.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Sorry but it's in there. Keep trying. It's 15 22 I did make a mistake. Read from 15 22

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Thank you for correcting me I had the wrong chapter.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
But if you don't know the story that means you never read it, so I had the chapter wrong, but at least I know the story.

edit on 20-1-2016 by Essene616 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join