It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Apostle Paul, A Man Used of God

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Legend has it that Apollonius of tyana is the source of inspiration for Paul. Information is scant but worth looking into. Another legend is that most of the new testament was written by members of the Piso family. Also worth looking into.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Essene616

said "Piso" family argument has been debunked...

on this forum and others

edit on 20-1-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Like I said:

I know you will say that I have taken these things out of context, but that is a cop out to ignore the real issue. All of the verses I cited stand on their own and are their own context, they mean exactly what they say and no amount of verses surrounding them will change what they mean.

The verses I quoted are their own context, they do not need other verses around them in order to change their meaning from what is plainly said. They stand alone and can be understood on their own.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1don't even feed into this guy he wants to be a scholar but all he does is type as hes reading. His actual knowledge is nil.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Didn't know that.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Legend was a deliberate way of saying I don't know if it is true.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

So you went to a website and pronounced it a mess...funny how you don't enlighten us to the address of that website.

Saul/Paul the Roman trojan horse - created a cult called Christianity - the Old Roman Empire never died.

Why defend him if he was as transparent as the people like to believe?

St James had a few things to say about him as well

But here's some starters for some who want to see for themselves

www.justgivemethetruth.com...

'PAUL' CURSED JESUS CHRIST AND HIS APOSTLES AND DISCIPLES

" If we or an angel from heaven preach ANY OTHER GOSPEL to you than what we (Paul and his followers) have preached to you LET HIM BE A CURSE"
(Gal 1:18)

There was a distinction even back then with the disciples of Jesus and Paul and "his" followers. Barnabbas and Mark both followed Paul at one time and then left him and went back to the disciples. Barnabbas was sent by the Apostle Peter to travel with Paul and teach Paul the ways and teachings of Jesus, but Paul wasn't going to play second fiddle to anyone and usurped the authority of Barnabbas and taught what he wanted to teach. How many ever knew that Paul was suppose to be subservient to Barnabbas

Indeed I PAUL say to you that IF ANYONE BECOME CIRCUMCISED Christ will profit you nothing " (Gal. 5:2).

too bad Paul! The circumcision was a sign of the covenant between Israel and Yahovah and you're lie was exposed for what it was! Another false "divine revelation!"

YET, despite his assertion that 'Christ will profit you nothing', 'Paul' himself, HYPOCRITICALLY " took TIMOTHY and CIRCUMCISED HIM "
(Acts 16:3).

false-apostle-paul-archive.blogspot.com.au...

ROMANS 15

20: Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named,

lest I should build upon another man's foundation

So according to Paul's own words, he is the FIRST man to preach

(the previously "unnamed" Christ) to the Ephesians.

And of course, who wrote "Ephesians"?

Paul did. But can Paul be proven a liar?

Was Paul teaching the doctrine of Balaam?

The following doctrine comes from Pauline Christianity....

ROM 14:14

I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself:

but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

Now in attempting to protect a false apostle, one might claim that Paul did not write the book of Romans. The problem with this false claim, is that every doctrine espoused by Paul is consistently taught through every book that he wrote. Consistent through Paul's writings, for one instance, is the eating of unclean meats.

1 TIMOTHY 4

For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

Paul is clearly lying here, as proven by Ezekiel who states that you cannot make the unclean thing to be a clean thing....but more of that in a moment. Are there other passages that point to Paul stating that you can eat not only UNCLEAN MEATS, but MEATS sacrificed unto IDOLS?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
Couldn't have said it better myself. Revelation even compares him to balaam

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

therefore your whole line about Paul will fall because your character is now in question.

Pretty cheap shot, one could say the same about you defending the indefensible "Saul the Trojan Horse"

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I said "the early church". The church of 200 A.D. was still the early church.
As I said, they brought together the New Testament

Well the New Testament wasn't canonized as the New Testament until much later..
but lets be liberal with the "truth"

Theses tactics may have worked in the dark past, but we have easy search engines at our fingertips

en.wikipedia.org...

For the Orthodox, the recognition of these writings as authoritative was formalized in the Second Council of Trullan of 692, although it was nearly universally accepted in the mid 300s.[1] The Catholic Church made dogmatic definition upon its Biblical canon at the Council of Trent of 1546, reaffirmed the Canons of Florence of 1442 and North African Councils (Hippo and Carthage) of 393-419.[2][3] For the Church of England, it was made dogmatic on the Thirty-Nine Articles of 1563; for Calvinism, on the Westminster Confession of Faith of 1647.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
There is one thing Paul and Jesus agreed on. Unity among believers. Yet Christianity is as divided, if not more so, than any other religious or secular group that has ever existed. They also seem to be in agreement about petty squabbling and endless arguments. Yet we have this thread, and so many more like it. Let alone the overwhelming amount of it across the world. Whatever Paul was or wasn't, it seems he and Jesus agreed on the most important things, and nobody cares about those. They all just want to be right. Keep squabbling, and stay divided. It's one of the hallmarks of Christianity. To the chagrin of the biblical Jesus, I would think.
edit on 1/20/2016 by Klassified because: re-worded

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Essene616

Revelation even compares him to balaam

Funny you mention that...there are 2 distinct major gods in the Old Testament...El and then there is Jehovah/baal/lofty one/jealous mountain god etc. But thats getting a bit off topic.

Revelation comes through seeing the world not straight on...the truth is hidden - but its there. This Matrix slave planet worships the god of war jehovah/Jove/Jupiter. Why would this god allow the tempter to take Jesus to a mountain and offer the world to him?

Which loving gods inflicts such fate upon Jonah. Or calls up Bears to defend Elishas baldness. Or allows Moses to use magick to turn his rod into a snake.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Revelation comes through seeing the world not straight on

sometimes you have to squint and allow the peripheral visions to "see". The painting in front of us in our direct vision is a masterful deception. The same controller beings have been shepherding the sheep since time immemorial

William Bramley in The Gods Of Eden calls them the Custodial Gods, its pretty obvious we are farm animals sacrificing our lives for a dubious reward in the afterlife, whilst the priestly class get to keep and enjoy our sweat in this life.

When was the last time they executed a paedophile priest? Why do even elected PResidents and Prime Ministers bow down to a Pope?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

To the chagrin of the biblical Jesus, I would think.

Well it is important even if you may not think so - being reincarnated into the same prison planet gets pretty tiring, giving unto Caesar and all that.

And Paul agree with Jesus? Why did it take him 3 trips to Rome to get his message across? Or so he claims. What independent witness saw his conversion? And we're supposed to base our salvation on his words? Ok I understand...
Show me where Jesus wanted to start a new Religion...I'll show you a Jesus that held the Sabbath and overturned the money lenders in the Temple.

Show me where Jesus encouraged non-circumsion.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
Well the New Testament wasn't canonized as the New Testament until much later..
but lets be liberal with the "truth" .

The New Testament came together in the first place, in the early centuries, by the gradual growth of a consensus of opinion.
Yes, the formal decrees of "This is the canon" came later, as you say, but they were using the New Testament as a body of accepted Christian teaching before there were formal decrees on the subject.
Just as people were using seat-belts before there were laws making them obligatory.

And all through those early centuries (and this is the point) they were treating the letters of Paul as part of this body of documents accepted as authoritative in defining Christian teaching.

edit on 20-1-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Thank you for making my point so succinctly.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

El Elyon yes. Canaanite pantheon.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Or has to human sacrifice Jesus before we can be forgiven WITH Satans help.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Or has to human sacrifice Jesus before we can be forgiven WITH Satans help.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

They never met and did not teach the same thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join