It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what would you like to research in science?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

Nope, that is true. That being said I was not born with a silver spoon up my bum, was born in an ex-mining community, and had to grind my education out...(went to a regular school) worked like a crazy person to get where I am... I would still say I am very lucky though.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Un(der)-employed creative, but had some past work that was more technical...

But I think the gravity thing would be interesting to look into as well. It propagates in a manner that is very similar to EM fields, so I suspect it is related. However I think there is also a relation to factors which resist the propagation of fields and leads to a diminishing field strength with distance. So it doesn't quite extend infinitely like some people have theorized. If you consider that the vacuum of empty space itself resists fields in some forms and limits flow of energy, I suspect that aspect has a very strong correlation. I'd consider the fields produced by both charges and magnetism, and there should be more research with solenoids and configurations of such that aren't currently deemed practical for known uses. Anything interesting going on when you power interleaved coils where the fields produced are in opposition, etc.? Basically doing stuff where known natural magnets hit a limitation. I'd also consider lasers and interfereometry gear to see if there's anything else going on in proximity to these fields or counteractive fields. (You might not measure much of a field if two are in opposition, but what if it causes a measurable beam deviation of a laser?)

Yeah the ideas of the things I'd try testing are oddball. Either nothing happens and check it off, but I'm also curious enough to try these things and see if something interesting happens.

Another thing though, if you somehow do crack open some of the fundamental aspects of mass vs. energy, not only should there be some means of modifying gravity (not sure about "anti-gravity" though), there may be something useful in terms of mass-energy conversion. If you find the right shortcut relating to weak and other subatomic bonds, the path to cheap energy and certain interesting types of chemistry becomes apparent. On the downside, it may also make things go boom on a scale that may not be appreciated by some people. (It's likely they would't want the tech going open and public.) The current tech which is comparable in that regard is pretty controlled and uses some rather hard to obtain materials.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
has noetics/psionics been mentioned yet? im not sure if either have been validated as fields of scientific inquiry, but the idea of it is fascinating. then again, so is the idea of flubber.

edit on 17-1-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I am researching rotary wing aircraft. It been about 15 years since I started this project with about six models of various sizes. Most flights ended badly but there has been some successes. You never know if it your design or equipment that fails. I have recruited my grandchildren to work the cameras but they enjoy watching the crashes rather than recording the flight.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErosA433

Nope, that is true. That being said I was not born with a silver spoon up my bum, was born in an ex-mining community, and had to grind my education out...(went to a regular school) worked like a crazy person to get where I am... I would still say I am very lucky though.

Its quite clear, you have the right stuff for research. Good luck with all your quests

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
You have an impressive list and you are on the right track.
At lest like me, you go ahd and try and then worry about the outcome
a reply to: pauljs75

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Field propulsion.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei

originally posted by: yesyesyes

Each one of us is intrigued by some or the other aspect in science and researching that is always at the back of one's mind. So what particular aspect would you like to research and how far have you succeeded?
Personally , it was my ambition to research anti gravity and have achieved some success in this field

I am also interested in anti gravity, but I am not a scientist, I am a creative however...

I am also interested in the idea of synthesizing gravity because in my minds eye I think it is the key to long haul space travel.
If you achieve anti gravity to the point of levitation, you are free of inertia and you are in the realm of near instant travel

So do you think it would be plausible for a vessel to project a strong magnetic field in front of the vessel, to endlessly attract the vessel towards the projection?

I figure you could pull your self anywhere and any direction by changing the projection.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Each one of us is intrigued by some or the other aspect in science and researching that is always at the back of one's mind. So what particular aspect would you like to research and how far have you succeeded?
Personally , it was my ambition to research anti gravity and have achieved some success in this field

I am also interested in anti gravity, but I am not a scientist, I am a creative however...

I am also interested in the idea of synthesizing gravity because in my minds eye I think it is the key to long haul space travel.
If you achieve anti gravity to the point of levitation, you are free of inertia and you are in the realm of near instant travel

So do you think it would be plausible for a vessel to project a strong magnetic field in front of the vessel, to endlessly attract the vessel towards the projection?

I figure you could pull your self anywhere and any direction by changing the projection.
Don't know about that, though anti gravity is quite different from magnetic fields. To achieve anti gravity, you have to negate time, which in turn negates gravity. anti gravity is like dark energy or negative energy

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Lol Cute flubber
a reply to: TzarChasm

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

As for my self, I would like to investigate and develope a "transporter system" al "Star Trek".
I can see where there could be several spin-offs from this technology and would open up a much larger field than just transportation.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAmTheRumble
Field propulsion.
How far have you come n this quest?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Immortality, considering if you were ever to perfect the process time to work out all the other marvels of science and technology would be rather abundant.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind

As for my self, I would like to investigate and develope a "transporter system" al "Star Trek".
I can see where there could be several spin-offs from this technology and would open up a much larger field than just transportation.
Have you started on your project? t is interesting and we may be on the threshold of transporter system, assuming flesh and blood life can tolerate hyper dimensions

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

We may be on the threshold of transporting data via quantum teleportation, but as to dissembling physical or biological matter, then reassembling it in another place, thats a whole other kettle of fish.

And the ethical questions beg, If we could do such a thing, once you destroy the original is the copy the same at the other end? Are we more than the sum of our original parts?
edit on 18-1-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I was talking about stargates kind of jump
a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Well there had to be some reason bar bringing democracy regrading the war in Iraq(Babylon) eh?

On a more serious note Stargate type technology would seem to imply the generation of wormholes, which would require tremendous amounts of energy to produce not to mention negative matter to construct the gateway. Just like with the Alcubierre drive concept this seems to be beyond our current understanding or ability.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Well, if more people would come forward with such information. I could be a lot further than I am now. Really all we've got for gravity propulsion is Lazar.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IAmTheRumble

Element 115(Ununpentium), or an isotope of such can and has been synthesized. It does not seem to do what it says on Bob Lazar's tin.

en.wikipedia.org...

Its also, as you can see highly radioactive, think Lazar said you could touch it.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I would like to research the genetic link between autism and schizophrenia. Further, I would like to research how certain genetic manifestations translate into behavior and if there are any consistencies in those respective genetic doublings and interruptions and specific behaviors associated with autism or schizophrenia respectively. Perhaps eventually there could be treatment for those that perceive that they are suffering from these conditions based in gene therapy (although I don't think that we are anywhere near that now).

I would also like to research the potential genetic origins of curly horses. I suspect that the gene arose on the Eurasian steppes and is still present in Mongolian horses. It may of course predate that and be very, very ancient indeed and hold potential clues to the evolution of equus ferus caballus.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join