It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what would you like to research in science?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Brain waves, training them and how they can be used, and applied to...what ever it is that one wants to apply it to.

O, and actual coherent information on them...

One site says meditation can cause an increasing activity, while others say it lower activity... While they both might be right.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Ive heard meditation widens your consciousness and increase brain activity
a reply to: Specimen

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Nochzwei

Well there had to be some reason bar bringing democracy regrading the war in Iraq(Babylon) eh?

On a more serious note Stargate type technology would seem to imply the generation of wormholes, which would require tremendous amounts of energy to produce not to mention negative matter to construct the gateway. Just like with the Alcubierre drive concept this seems to be beyond our current understanding or ability.
That is the notion of MS and may not be true. All you have to do is stop time for a region of space and you end up with a stargate

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
If I ever go back for my masters, I want to study a species of parasite that is able to slough off its cellular markers to avoid the immune system system. I want to see if there is a way to use that trait to make all blood cells O- and help with body part transplants to avoid rejection without immuno-suppressants.
edit on 18-1-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
double post
edit on 18-1-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
But are there any advantages of O-. I'm AB+
a reply to: Teikiatsu

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

"All you have to do is stop time for a region of space and you end up with a stargate"

You say that so matter of fact Nochzwei.

How do we stop time?

And even if we could somehow stop time, why would that create a star gate?

Seems to me that time is an integral part of the fabric of the universe. Therefore the concept of stopping time becomes meaningless within the constraints of our universe.
edit on 19-1-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"All you have to do is stop time for a region of space and you end up with a stargate"

You say that so matter of fact Nochzwei.

How do we stop time?

And even if we could somehow stop time, why would that create a star gate?

Seems to me that time is an integral part of the fabric of the universe. Therefore the concept of stopping time becomes meaningless within the constraints of our universe.
Time s an integral part of the universe is correct, but it can be stopped with anti gravity machine. That region of space if entered can take you anyplace within an instant, and I may know how to navigate to the new place. Key word MAY

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
I would like to develop a bacterium that neutralizes radioactive waste, converting plutonium bars etc into harmless mineral.

there's a theory that an ancient civilization developed Godzilla for this.
Godzilla? Lol good one.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Biochemistry and biomedical science. These topics are our future !

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
I'd research the effect cannabis has on seizure disorders. Especially in children.

It's a terribly sad disease and the use of cannabis may have some promise of expunged them at bay without totally snowing them, allowing for a much better quality of life.
cannabis is banned in certain places, I've heard

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Five years ago I wanted nothing more than to sit in a lab and dedicate myself to what I guess you would call gratuitous chemistry. I just wanted to make compounds and figure out new ways to make certain connections, but with no specific application in mind. Definitely not a solid way to get grant money. As much as I enjoy making stuff, the lack of application and hyper-focused nature of my work turned out to be pretty dissatisfying. I took time away, reevaluated and came away with new skills and new perspectives.

These days, my goal is to work in a cross over between synthetic organic chemistry and genetics / molecular biology / biochem. I want to be able to follow through and understand a project from the rational design of drug molecules, through to synthesis and testing. As for my success, well such a project is what I currently am involved in, so I would say I am at least successful in my attempt to engage in multiple disciplines.

What I would love to get into one day is the manipulation and use of certain micro organisms for the total or partial synthesis of complex natural products. The use of E. coli and S. cerevisiae are both well documented for this sort of use and the science behind it is incredibly intricate and wonderful.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: MonaMonina
Biochemistry and biomedical science. These topics are our future !

Actually, I wouldn't put those at the top of that list. You should look at bioinformatics - there's an area in desperate need of man power. And it's only going to become more necessary as our ability to collect data continues to outpace our capacity to analyse it.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Don't know about that, though anti gravity is quite different from magnetic fields. To achieve anti gravity, you have to negate time, which in turn negates gravity. anti gravity is like dark energy or negative energy

Fascinating. What is time, how do you negate it, and what is its relationship to gravity? Don't be afraid to use calculus, matrices. or non-Euclidean Geometry if necessary. I would also be interested in links to papers that discuss "negative energy" and its equivalence to hypothetical "dark energy." (I lean towards MOND myself.)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Nothing..

edit..

edit on 1/30/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
dreaming and sleep research would interest me greatly. branching into lucid dreaming/astral projection and the possible link between those subjects and what we call deja vu.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

I got Archeologist. Which is awesome because I wanted to be an Archeologist growing up. So, spot on!

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Don't know about that, though anti gravity is quite different from magnetic fields. To achieve anti gravity, you have to negate time, which in turn negates gravity. anti gravity is like dark energy or negative energy

Fascinating. What is time, how do you negate it, and what is its relationship to gravity? Don't be afraid to use calculus, matrices. or non-Euclidean Geometry if necessary. I would also be interested in links to papers that discuss "negative energy" and its equivalence to hypothetical "dark energy." (I lean towards MOND myself.)
Some info here www.scribd.com...
and read thread in my signature
edit on 30-1-2016 by Nochzwei because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2016 by Nochzwei because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
dreaming and sleep research would interest me greatly. branching into lucid dreaming/astral projection and the possible link between those subjects and what we call deja vu.
I am interested in those too. I frequently go astral but it is largely involuntary

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Twinsmom1981
a reply to: BestinShow

I got Archeologist. Which is awesome because I wanted to be an Archeologist growing up. So, spot on!
archeology can be fun but some dangers exist ala Indiana jones

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join