It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what would you like to research in science?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
What happens to the other sock.
Or is that metaphysics?

edit on 1/16/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

Effects of Radio Frequencies, electro magnetism, UHF/VHF frequencies, WiFi, Bluetooth and how these may be affecting our bodies over long periods of time at low frequency levels.

Do I need to present a plan on how I would go about this?

I will if there is money for it.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Effects of Radio Frequencies, electro magnetism, UHF/VHF frequencies, WiFi, Bluetooth and how these may be affecting our bodies over long periods of time at low frequency levels.
All of those are high (at least) frequency radiations. I'm not sure how you could study them at low frequencies.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Phagedefinitely a controlled environment

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
What happens to the other sock.
Or is that metaphysics?

1. Collect socks

3. Profit

I think they also ply their trade in the missing underpants industry.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm sure he meant low power levels, since he included the word "levels"

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I tested out as an Astrophysicist. I have recently re-kindled my passion for learning about the architecture of the universe after a long struggle. I remember watching Star Trek the Next Generation with wonder and amazement when I was younger, and I am now back in that frame of mind. Excellent thread.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Animal intelligence. Interesting
a reply to: Puppylove

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: jobless1

Interesting. The only thing I worry about is will it kill all viruses or just select ones? I say this because there are more foreign microbe cells in our bodies than human cells (bacteria, fungi, microbes and viruses). But most of them are either harmless or are actually beneficial. In fact, I don't think we even know the effects many of these have on our bodies, much less that they are bad for us.

But I think that technology would be pretty useful for a lot of harmful microbes. I might have to look into that.

yeah that's the interesting part! At worst just testing levels of all viruses, bacteria and fungi and leveling them out. might be beneficial. If we think about the human body as an ecosystem dependent on these things then finding the out of wack balances might be the cure to a lot of ailments in the human body.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrMasterMinder

originally posted by: yesyesyes

originally posted by: Nochzwei
Each one of us is intrigued by some or the other aspect in science and researching that is always at the back of one's mind. So what particular aspect would you like to research and how far have you succeeded?
Personally , it was my ambition to research anti gravity and have achieved some success in this field

I am also interested in anti gravity, but I am not a scientist, I am a creative however...

I am also interested in the idea of synthesizing gravity because in my minds eye I think it is the key to long haul space travel.

gravity is only strong if you are near to a large object so anti gravity would be pretty useless as space travel.
Anti gravity is a drive by itself

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Can't all be physicists.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19KTankCommander

How about all the things they said would happen but did not, like how to live on the moon, flying cars, make a submarine that reach the furthest debts of the ocean, a cure for all cancers and the common cold or all dieses that all of us know, or human behavior to make us all get along no matter what our views are.

My list goes on and on

Living on the moon. I think we were chased off the moon.lol. flying cars are within reach.
sumarines interesting, maybe someday

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I'd like to focus research on dementia, whether that is in treatments to the specific diseases or with increasing world awareness and knowledge of biopsychosocial support.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
As if we do not have enough weapons already. Lol
a reply to: yuppa

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

gravity is only strong if you are near to a large object so anti gravity would be pretty useless as space travel.

He is right you know. It would be useless. Because you'd need something to get the repulsion from. Planet hopping?

And mine would be neuroscience. Conscience and slicing brains!

edit on 17-1-2016 by Peeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

He is right you know. It would be useless. Because you'd need something to get the repulsion from. Planet hopping?

And mine would be neuroscience. Conscience and slicing brains!

Not really anti gravity is a force on its own

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Anti-gravity is an idea of creating a place or object that is free from the force of gravity. It does not refer to the lack of weight under gravity experienced in free fall or orbit, or to balancing the force of gravity with some other force, such as electromagnetism or aerodynamic lift.
Anti-gravity is a recurring concept in science fiction, particularly in the context of spacecraft propulsion. An early example is the gravity blocking substance "Cavorite" in H. G. Wells' The First Men in the Moon.
In Newton's law of universal gravitation, gravity was an external force transmitted by unknown means. In the 20th century, Newton's model was replaced by general relativity where gravity is not a force but the result of the geometry of spacetime. Under general relativity, anti-gravity is impossible except under contrived circumstances.[1][2][3]
Quantum physicists have postulated the existence of gravitons, a set of massless elementary particles that transmit the force, and the possibility of creating or destroying these is unclear.
"Anti-gravity" is often used colloquially to refer to devices that look as if they reverse gravity even though they operate through other means, such as lifters, which fly in the air by moving air with electromagnetic fields.[4][5]

That's the common understanding of anti-gravity. What is yours?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Want to research - Dark Matter detection and particle physics detector development

Currently researching Direct Dark Matter detection in an underground Facility... living the dream i guess :p

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErosA433
Want to research - Dark Matter detection and particle physics detector development

Currently researching Direct Dark Matter detection in an underground Facility... living the dream i guess :p
Every1 is not as lucky as you.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=20267009]Peeple

That's the common understanding of anti-gravity. What is yours?
Read the thread in my signature

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join