It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what would you like to research in science?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Each one of us is intrigued by some or the other aspect in science and researching that is always at the back of one's mind. So what particular aspect would you like to research and how far have you succeeded?
Personally , it was my ambition to research anti gravity and have achieved some success in this field

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
Each one of us is intrigued by some or the other aspect in science and researching that is always at the back of one's mind. So what particular aspect would you like to research and how far have you succeeded?
Personally , it was my ambition to research anti gravity and have achieved some success in this field

I am also interested in anti gravity, but I am not a scientist, I am a creative however...

I am also interested in the idea of synthesizing gravity because in my minds eye I think it is the key to long haul space travel.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Interstellar biology would be interesting, once we find aliens

So far my progress has turned up no results

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

I suspect that you can some how synthesize and project gravity in front of a space craft and have that gravity pull the craft through space and time. Change where the gravitation field is projected to change direction. The one thing I can't determine is if terminal velocity would impact such a notion.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: yesyesyes
a reply to: Nochzwei The one thing I can't determine is if terminal velocity would impact such a notion.

No, it would not. There is nothing in space (a vacuum), such as molecules of air, to collide with the craft. So the only force on the object would be the gravitational force. The strength of the gravity would determine the speed of the craft.
edit on 16/1/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Hit Let's Play!...

www.playbuzz.com...

I know, It's more high-level than granular, but hey...

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
Hit Let's Play!...

www.playbuzz.com...

I got "Biologist". I guess the field of choice I had in my first post in this topic is pretty damn accurate

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

a reply to: Nochzwei The one thing I can't determine is if terminal velocity would impact such a notion.

No, it would not. There is nothing in space (a vacuum), such as molecules of air, to collide with the craft. So the only force on the object would be the gravitational force. The strength of the gravity would determine the speed of the craft.

That was my thought on it too, but I wasn't sure if other laws of gravity may be at play.

In thinking about it, would the strength of the gravity really determine velocity? I hope it would, but does the mass of a planetary body determine the speed of the object approaching it?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

In thinking about it, would the strength of the gravity really determine velocity?

Yes (I think)

originally posted by: Kashai
a reply to: Ghost147
does the mass of a planetary body determine the speed of the object approaching it?

I would say yes, to an extent, but I'll leave that to the physicists

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Cooking.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Cooking.

Like... Meth or something?

Chemistry? Is that what you're getting at?

edit on 16/1/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I am also interested in anti gravity, but I am not a scientist, I am a creative however...

I am also interested in the idea of synthesizing gravity because in my minds eye I think it is the key to long haul space travel.
If you achieve anti gravity to the point of levitation, you are free of inertia and you are in the realm of near instant travel

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
Hit Let's Play!...

www.playbuzz.com...

Lol, my aura is blue

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I'd research the effect cannabis has on seizure disorders. Especially in children.

It's a terribly sad disease and the use of cannabis may have some promise of expunged them at bay without totally snowing them, allowing for a much better quality of life.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Likewise. Unfortunately, I wouldn't necessarily consider it accurate. "I am interested in what I am interested in." is the best way to describe. The incredible, the unknowable, the paramount.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

If you achieve anti gravity to the point of levitation, you are free of inertia and you are in the realm of near instant travel

So hypothetically, does an anti gravity field that allows levitation also as a byproduct cause the mass to be reduced or cancelled? Been wondering about that.

Another interesting tech for me is hydrogen gas from water for running an internal combustion engine, or to improve gas mileage like the ones on the market. There are some good ones in kits but I have never bought one yet. 800 bucks for a complete kit for most autos. But they only produce a couple liters per minute or less which is only intended to improve gas mileage.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Nano-technology mixed with advanced 3D printing. I think that's the wave of the future for space travel, wireless communications, and bunch of other applications. I'm imagining moving, insect-sized robots that can 3D print parts, machines, and other robots.

It would be even better if they could derive their energy and maintenance materials from their surroundings, the same way living creatures do. I guess that would require onboard chemistry "labs" that break down and convert molecules from their surroundings into usable compounds, which are then used to carry out their missions.

Oh & I have no successes in this and would rather others do it. lol

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

So hypothetically, does an anti gravity field that allows levitation also as a byproduct cause the mass to be reduced or cancelled? Been wondering about that.

up:
That is correct

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Lol Cute Avatar
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I've always wished I had studied physics, archeology, or marine biology!

I have a son who is currently in his third year of studying physics at university, I often wonder if my own unlived desires didn't unintentionally infect him. We always used to have these passionate mind bending discussions about physics when he was young. Oh well, maybe it is normal that we inspire our kids, and live through them the things we couldn't....

(I just did that test, got Biologist)
edit on 16-1-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join