It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India under attack!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Yesterday Pakistani backed forces infiltrated the Indian airforce base on the western border. Fighting is still ongoing.

Just now we have breaking news of Indian consulate in Afghanistan is under attack.

This is a major provocation which could lead to war if India retaliates against Pakistan. And it could go nuclear as Pakistan has declared that any attack by India would lead to nuclear retaliation.

Pathankot: Gunmen attack India air force base near Pakistan border

Five attackers and three members of the security forces been killed in an attack on an Indian air force base near the Pakistani border, officials say. India says the group is backed by Pakistan The heavily-armed gunmen entered the base dressed in Indian army uniforms.

Battle for Pathankot Indian airbase enters second night

The battle between Indian troops and militants who attacked an air force base at Pathankot near the Pakistani border has entered a second night. Hours of heavy gunfire followed, and a helicopter was seen firing at the facility. On Saturday afternoon, police said the base had been secured.

Blasts, gunfire target Indian consulate in northern Afghanistan

Unidentified gunmen have attempted to break in into the Indian consulate in the Afghan city of Mazar-i-Sharif, a governor’s spokesman said, as cited by Reuters. Numerous reports say blasts and gunshots have been heard at the scene.

“We are being attacked. Fighting is going on,” an Indian consulate official in Afghanistan said.

edit on 3/1/16 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
small localised incident...

World war 3 material.. not really

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
small localised incident...

World war 3 material.. not really

Not localised, military bases and consulates are important areas. Remember. These are nuclear countries. If India retaliates, Pakistan has time and tima again declared that they will use nukes.

I am for the last 2 years living in India. The mood is not really good. These people had enough.

Just recently the Indian Prime Minister tried to revive peace talks with Pakistan. These attacks will be seen as a stab in the back.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

Well during my life time there have been a number of flare ups between these two sides of the same coin. It can only go so far as they both have nuclear arms.

Probably just another disagreement. It is up to them if they want to kill each other. All seems pretty senseless to me when the word diplomacy can be found in nearly all tongues of the world, but the little dictators do like to paint the town red with their enemies' blood from time to time.

Happy blood sport violent zombies.

edit on 3-1-2016 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Its not exactly a fully fledged invasion.....

Things like this happen quite a bit with Pakistani backed Militants attacking targets in India.

This one is actually quite small compared to other attacks.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The question we have to ask is who are these militants ? Are they pakistani sanctioned, ISIS members or just a random group of rebels trying to cause some trouble ?

Until we know more it's not really time to start throwing claims of war around

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Things like this happen quite a bit with Pakistani backed Militants attacking targets in India.

But the mood here, is that there has been no retaliation at all. This time its a military base along with consulate in Afghanistan. Beleive me Indians want retaliation. And any Indian strike on Pakistani soil will lead to Pakistan using nukes. I will be leaving India next week if all goes according to plan, and beleive me I want to as fast as I can.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It is a start, it could blow over or turn to nuclear events in the region. Both countries have plenty of nukes. Now this could trigger some side effects in the region and drag the big powers into the situation. Add this to the turmoil in the middle east and it is not good. I doubt if this will trigger WW111 though. It would be a good time for someone to attack Isreal though.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
On the news:

India gifted 5 attack helicopters to Afghanistan few days back. Those helicopters which were gifted, came from the very same base in western India which is under attack at this moment by infiltrators from Pakistan. At the same time, Indian consulate in Afghanistan is under attack.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
The question we have to ask is who are these militants ? Are they pakistani sanctioned, ISIS members or just a random group of rebels trying to cause some trouble ?

Until we know more it's not really time to start throwing claims of war around

India and pakistan started hating each other a long time before isis even became an idea. Plz educate yourself

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It is a start, it could blow over or turn to nuclear events in the region. Both countries have plenty of nukes. Now this could trigger some side effects in the region and drag the big powers into the situation. Add this to the turmoil in the middle east and it is not good. I doubt if this will trigger WW111 though. It would be a good time for someone to attack Isreal though.

I am just hoping India does not retaliate.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

But the mood here, is that there has been no retaliation at all. This time its a military base along with consulate in Afghanistan. Beleive me Indians want retaliation. And any Indian strike on Pakistani soil will lead to Pakistan using nukes. I will be leaving India next week if all goes according to plan, and beleive me I want to as fast as I can.

There will be no military retaliation against Pakistan, India is not about to go and bomb Islamabad. They never done it after the 2008 Mumbai attacks by Lashkar-e-Taiba who where widely reported at the time to have been backed by Pakistan so they are not going to do it over a relatively small skirmish.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
So ...you really think India could retaliate and then pakistan would nuke India all because of 8 guys? oO

And how can 8 soldiers attack a whole militarybase anyways? Cant they defend themself against such a small number of attackers or what is going o there? How can 8 soldiers fight there for 2 days ffs? This sounds so ...ridiculous(?) imo.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatever08152
So ...you really think India could retaliate and then pakistan would nuke India all because of 8 guys? oO

And how can 8 soldiers attack a whole militarybase anyways? Cant they defend themself against such a small number of attackers or what is going o there? How can 8 soldiers fight there for 2 days ffs? This sounds so ...ridiculous(?) imo.

Maybe I am getting paranoid. I was in Ukraine during the violent revolution and for the last two years in India, under the constant nuclear threats of Paksitan. I plan to leave India soon. Hope to get away from this constant fear.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k
Yesterday Pakistani backed forces infiltrated the Indian airforce base on the western border. Fighting is still ongoing.

Just now we have breaking news of Indian consulate in Afghanistan is under attack.

This is a major provocation which could lead to war if India retaliates against Pakistan. And it could go nuclear as Pakistan has declared that any attack by India would lead to nuclear retaliation.

Pathankot: Gunmen attack India air force base near Pakistan border

Five attackers and three members of the security forces been killed in an attack on an Indian air force base near the Pakistani border, officials say. India says the group is backed by Pakistan The heavily-armed gunmen entered the base dressed in Indian army uniforms.

Battle for Pathankot Indian airbase enters second night

The battle between Indian troops and militants who attacked an air force base at Pathankot near the Pakistani border has entered a second night. Hours of heavy gunfire followed, and a helicopter was seen firing at the facility. On Saturday afternoon, police said the base had been secured.

Blasts, gunfire target Indian consulate in northern Afghanistan

Unidentified gunmen have attempted to break in into the Indian consulate in the Afghan city of Mazar-i-Sharif, a governor’s spokesman said, as cited by Reuters. Numerous reports say blasts and gunshots have been heard at the scene.

Any realistic chance this is a false flag event? Perhaps China? Even the U.S.? Both are a pain in the ass to many neighbors...

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Here we go:

Will give befitting reply to any attack on India, says Home Minister

"Pakistan is our neighbour and we want peace, but any terrorist attack on India will get a befitting response. Any aggression towards us will receive a befitting reply from our side," Rajnath Singh said.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I will be leaving India next week if all goes according to plan...

I was in Ukraine during the violent revolution and for the last two years in India...

man, you're 1 brave journalist!?

thanks 4 reporting

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
They have fought 3 wars before they acquired nukes if I recall correctly. That is the reason that there is concern that if another war came along, this would be nuclear as both have said as much. I would like to know also who these attackers were affiliated with. Perhaps they want to see the two engage in war again and may not have anything to do with the Pakistani government.

It is something to watch.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I wonder if this has to do with the news that other member posted on Indian Muslim against ISIS, you know India and Pakistan has been at war for a long time, since the British divided the country in two one side mostly Muslim and the other Hindus.

Their wars has been more about territorial religion than anything else.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

What an ignorant response.

Just how does asking if these militants are ISIS OR Pakistani have anything to do with my knowledge of the long standing history of India and Pakistan which I did know existed long before ISIS came to be ? Or are you saying that it could never possibly be ISIS and with 100% certainty without any facts it is Pakistan just because they have history ?

Educate yourself on decorum instead of trying to appear as not only rude but a smart arse too

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join