It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India under attack!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

Nothing is gonna happen. India did not retaliate even after the Mumbai attacks - Which were on a very large scale with a high number of civil causalities including American citizens.

Every time there's a prospect of Peace talks between India and Pakistan, these kinds of attacks happen.

The mood here is quite combative..... but I don't believe that India will ever go nuke on Pakistan first.

And about Pakistan: Dunno who's in power there - The Military holds all the cards, the government is just a show. Hope the key to Paki Nuclear arsenal is somewhere safe!

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Looks like there is a hostage situation inside the base with family members ogf the officers involved.

NDTV:

2 terrorists are in a building inside the airbase with residences of air force personnel, says officers.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Well thats not good.

If what you say is true then this is likely to lead to more bad times for both India and Pakistan. But still I dont think it will lead to all out scale war between the two. Proxy wars have been going on a long time on both parts, but if it becomes so forward now, who knows.

I seriously doubt anybody would want a nuclear war in Pakistan or India, for obvious reasons you know they would both be crispy critters, and not much will be living on that land for a long time even after the fallout. But I have learned to never under estimate humans stupidity and the tango that is these type of things, you know one eggs another on, and so the other must retaliate, and then the other must retaliate, and so on it goes, ad nauseum.

Like a snowball going down hill. But then again may not be an apt comparison as I do not think they get much snow in India so would not quite understand saying. Likely more extreme elements in some camps making a move for the things they thrive on...Chaos and disorder.

Also I have noticed a slight increase in the crazy these past months and slowly over the years. Who knows what it means, maybe people are on edge, or maybe Nibirus coils are just getting warmed up. I suspect that there will come a time were people may need to chill like they never chilled before, because if they get swept up in things, they may just go the way of the dodo.

But then again such things are never so simple or easy as that.
edit on 1amMondayam042016f1amMon, 04 Jan 2016 01:57:47 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Afghan special forces engage attackers of the Indian consulate.

ANI (@ANI_news) tweeted at 1:15pm - 4 Jan 16:

Mazar-i-Sharif anti-terror operation near Indian consulate continues. pic

Indian Nationl security advisor was to visit China tomorrow. It has been cancelled. Heads of all branches of military is meeting with PM. Lets see what happens.
edit on 4/1/16 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Video taken from inside the Indian Consulate in Afghanistan which is under attack. Its messed up, firing from adjacent window:

video

More loud explosions heard inside the Indian Airforce Base in western India.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
One more video of the consulate attack:

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

ANI (@ANI_news) tweeted at 2:19pm - 4 Jan 16: Three people arrested with arms, ammunitions and a Pakistan mobile SIM card in Mohali (Punjab) in western India. More details awaited.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
BREAKING:

Government Considers Putting Off Foreign Secretary-Level Talks With Pakistan:

Sources Breaking News: Government Considers Putting Off Foreign Secretary-Level Talks With Pakistan: Sources In the aftermath of the terror attack in Pathankot, top officials have told NDTV that the government is considering putting off Foreign Secretary-level talks scheduled for next week in Islamabad. Foreign Secretaries of both countries are expected to meet on January 14 and 15. Sources say National Security Advisors of both countries may now meet first to discuss the Pathankot attack. However, a final decision is expected in the next few days. The NSAs of India and Pakistan have been mandated by Prime Ministers Narendra Modi and Nawaz Sharif to discuss terrorism, while the foreign secretaries are meant to discuss a roadmap for the new comprehensive dialogue. Discussions on the next course of action have been taking place at the highest levels with the PM meeting top officials including the NSA and the Foreign Secretary last night. PM Modi also met senior ministers this morning.

Looks like the 3 day long siege is coming to an end:

No firing or explosion heard for a few hours now. Search on for any remaining terrorist

But attack on the Indian Consulate in Afghaniatan continues.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
If I recollect,a global strategy consulting firm recently conducted a survey of senior executives from the American defense industry regarding the industry outlook for the year 2016 and beyond. As per the survey results, Middle East region and India are the two most lucrative markets for weapon systems sales and revenue growth.

With the rising tensions in Mid East thanks to the Iran-Saudi flare up and the ongoing carnage in India, the western MIC certainly looks to be benefited the most with prospects for further business.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Afghanistan is all set for further flare-up with a heady mix of various factions and interests such as the Taliban, IS, Pakistan, China, India, US-NATO and Russia. Vast swathes of territories are facing regular assaults from the Taliban and the IS is also fiercely contesting for power in the southern Afghan region.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

It looks like the Indian government response to this attack will be primarily restricted to freezing diplomatic engagements in the near future. Unless India decides to completely sever diplomatic ties at this juncture, a military escalation seems highly unlikely.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: order in chaos

Yes I guess, and seems like cooler heads will prevail. And that is good for us all!

Airbase siege btw is over. All six terrorist were killed.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Looks like the 3 day long siege is coming to an end:

"No firing or explosion heard for a few hours now. Search on for any remaining terrorist"

But attack on the Indian Consulate in Afghaniatan continues.

What, no nuclear war? Bummer.

I already said earlier the Indians and Pakis do this once in a while. They need to both reassure their respective populations they are defending the homeland.

This comment will fall by the way side, too.

We need war, we star and flag war.

Peace? meh.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Those are good news, you need to move of the area for your safety, like Medesi said India will not engage Pakistan in war, as we know Pakistani military is independent of the government and the military member have alliances first to their tribal groups that happens to be linked to terrorist groups.

The goal of the terrorist militia groups is to create enough instability in India to push division but they are not enough yet in India as India majority do not want an Islamic state, but eventually one side will erode the will of the other side.

Sad, but this is been going on for many, many years.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Its not a very good base anyway, if it only takes 5 men to take over the base.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k
Video taken from inside the Indian Consulate in Afghanistan which is under attack. Its messed up, firing from adjacent window:

video

More loud explosions heard inside the Indian Airforce Base in western India.

Some nice three round bursts there....professional.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Yes I guess, and seems like cooler heads will prevail. And that is good for us all!

Does this mean that 'India' is no longer under attack?

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Does this mean that 'India' is no longer under attack?

The consulate still is. But things are calming down. I have a feeling this is not over. There will be retaliation of one kind or another.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Let me ask you a question; When you say India is under attack do you mean the entire nation is under attack? You may have forgotten the basic lessons of fear mongering 101.

Pakistan and India have been at loggerheads for decades and both sides have shown restraint and that should be recognized. But lets shovel more coal into that fear train again because India is under attack.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

wow, this is really bad news. Let's hope it doesn't escalate and make things worse.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join