It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A dating site for white people is turning heads?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
wow

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The thing that got people riled up is that the owner of the website created it to get a reaction. It has 42 members.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: theySeeme

AND he probably got exactly the reaction he expected

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: theySeeme

AND he probably got exactly the reaction he expected

Exactly. I never understood this logic, and yet all the racist bandwagoners are handing out stars like rain water.

Try to provoke people to get a specific reaction,
Gets reaction,
Says everyone is wrong for reacting like that. What sense does that make? Weirdos. The person who made the billboard is a bigot.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: yak055h
If golfer Gary Player became a U.S. citizen would he be referred to as an African American? Probably not. Labels are corral-dust but how else do we describe a person or people? reply to: Spider879

If Gary the Golfer have any recent African genetic make up then I don't see why not despite appearances , if he is a Kenyan or South African with no recent traceable African biological component then he is Kenyan American or South African American but in the end self definition is what counts in my book, how others perceive you is another thing.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I don't see the problem here. Jews have a dating site just for them, Jdate.com as an example. Black people have dating sites just for them, for instance meetblackpeople.com...and feminists (the female version of the "creeper", have a website specifically for older women that prey on younger, impressionable younger males called predator.com....wait, I digress, it's cougarlife.com, that's it. What's the issue with a website specifically for people that are not attracted to anyone but white people?

If you ask me, it's white males that are really being segregated and attacked these days. White females are fine because feminism spoon feeds them everything they need, but white males really have no discernible voice today, well, at least no one listens. Its white males that can be taken to court, by virtually any woman and get divorced, get taken for everything they're worth, including their children (something that men cannot do to women unless there is heavy drug use by the woman), and everything a white male does in opposition to the status quo, is met with harsh criticism.
Like for instance, anything we say about equality is instantly shot down as being wrong, or just "not happening", and if we do anything to preserve or stay within our race...well, that's just racist, while the very races/sexes casting the stones, are doing the exact same thing...if not more. Pretty hypocritical really.
edit on 2-1-2016 by IlluminatiTechnician because: grammar

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
What people really need are they're very own Trophy's so everyone can be exactly the same, have the exact same things and like the exact same things.

Until of course this happens ...

In effect, leading to this ...

Oh Joy!

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Yeah, and there's Christian Mingle too. Apparently God wants in on the action!

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
They have Jewish dating sites and even Amish dating sites. Why would anyone ever complain about a white people dating site. I bet the black people are getting a chuckle out of the turmoil happening with this dating site.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
and even Amish dating sites.

The Amish one always cracked me up. I mean seriously, the AMISH?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: rickymouse
and even Amish dating sites.

The Amish one always cracked me up. I mean seriously, the AMISH?

Amish use computers???

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Are some posters still arguing the site's racist?? Give me a break, and stuff it. What do you physically want of a mate? Your dream life mate? Describe them, their height, weight or body type, eyes, hair, skin color (i.e a range of sun-kissed tan, darker, lighter, etc) -- who are you envisioning living out your life with? Everyone has a fantasy mate, don't try saying you don't.

I may be married, but I'll give an example. My husband fits my dreamboat parameters like a glove. Tall, toned, dark eyed & haired, facial hair, tanned (yes, this implies at least medium - light skin ranges before any tan) handsome. Bingo, screw everyone else, ding ding ding, we have a winner! It didn't hurt that he has a fantastic personality
This person I envisioned could have ethnically come from Europe, the ME, East & North Asia, etc.

Yes, I'm indeed aware that singles out people like Africans, some Polynesians, Hispanics, etc, but all that signifies is that certain groups, and within certain physical parameters, get my engine revved while others don't. That's NOT racist. If that's racist, then you bet your ass every single one of you men & women not attracted to your own sex are homophobic to the hilt. Attraction is a big deal for people subconsciously -- line up a row of women (anorexic to obese) and see what happens. Are the viewers skinny & fat-phobic? Are they muscle-adverse, finding muscular women gross? Maybe to you, but they know what they find attractive, and it's not what YOU say should be.

Bottom line point being, if white people want a dating site for seeking other white people looking in kind, STHU. You have your preferences, everyone else has theirs. Deal with it.

edit on 1/2/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crazy Diamond

originally posted by: ReadLeader
I'm white ( well kind of, American Indian) and I'm proud, you should be too if you are

Could you explain why you are proud of something you had absolutely nothing to do with? Did you accomplish something to become white or did you choose your color from a swatch book before you were born?

Notion of being proud (or ashamed) of ones color is completely ridiculous, in my opinion. I am white and indifferent to the fact.

Your opinion is not important to this discussion. Keep it to yourself. There is nothing wrong with being proud of your heritage. Go away instigator.

edit on Sun Jan 3 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: Community Announcement re: Decorum

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

More pathetic double standards.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
What about Martian Mingle?

I self-I-dentify with Martians, so I should have a dating website for me and all other self-described Martians!

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Here's one I found.

whitepeopleyoudon'twanttomeet.com

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
I don't see the problem here. Jews have a dating site just for them, Jdate.com as an example. Black people have dating sites just for them, for instance meetblackpeople.com...and feminists (the female version of the "creeper", have a website specifically for older women that prey on younger, impressionable younger males called predator.com....wait, I digress, it's cougarlife.com, that's it. What's the issue with a website specifically for people that are not attracted to anyone but white people?

If you ask me, it's white males that are really being segregated and attacked these days. White females are fine because feminism spoon feeds them everything they need, but white males really have no discernible voice today, well, at least no one listens. Its white males that can be taken to court, by virtually any woman and get divorced, get taken for everything they're worth, including their children (something that men cannot do to women unless there is heavy drug use by the woman), and everything a white male does in opposition to the status quo, is met with harsh criticism.
Like for instance, anything we say about equality is instantly shot down as being wrong, or just "not happening", and if we do anything to preserve or stay within our race...well, that's just racist, while the very races/sexes casting the stones, are doing the exact same thing...if not more. Pretty hypocritical really.

Yep, you beat me to it because Jdate immediately came to mind. I'm sure there are other dating sites out there in other languages as well - like Japanese and other languages that aren't as readily understood as English.

This is another nonsense article to get people riled up over nothing important. There are plenty of other websites targeting certain races and religions.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: NpcHunter13
Your opinion is not important to this discussion. Keep it to yourself. There is nothing wrong with being proud of your heritage. Go away instigator.

How about you add something meaningful to this discussion yourself.

Can you please explain why are you proud of something someone else has done? How about you accomplish something in your life and be proud of that. People just love to take credit for someone else's accomplishments.

"Hey, we were born in the same geographic location and we are the same color, that must mean I get credit for what he/she accomplished and I am so proud of that".

And you are free to ignore my posts if you don't like them.
edit on 3-1-2016 by Crazy Diamond because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crazy Diamond

originally posted by: NpcHunter13

How about you add something meaningful to this discussion yourself.

Can you please explain why are you proud of something someone else has done? How about you accomplish something in your life and be proud of that. People just love to take credit for someone else's accomplishments.

"Hey, we were born in the same geographic location and we are the same color, that must mean I get credit for what he/she accomplished and I am so proud of that".

And you are free to ignore my posts if you don't like them.

Come on, it's a natural human thing, it may not be entirely rational, but we all do it.

Our team wins, we share the glory even though we weren't on the pitch.
On rememberance day at school we all spared a minute to think of the old boys as the headmaster read out the names of the fallen and felt a little pride by association with medal winners etc.
If someone in your family has a Roller or a Bentley, you are going to tell someone.

It's just life, some people even feel shame for what their nation or race or family may have done in the past even though they may not have had anything to do with it.

If identifying with someone who did something great gives you a little bit of good feeling and inspires you to do something, where's the harm?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
OMG REALLY !! AWESOME!! a WHITE DATING SITE.. COOL.

So BE it.. as Most of the Population of USA is WHITE ... European Decent ..

Although in Some American States, The White Race is the Minority in Certain City's and Towns ..

I hope Someone, will place a MIX RACE Dating Site up on the Net..

Thats My Preference ... They can Call it Plenty of Hybrids!! POH

I would be in the European White European / Native North American Category

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join