It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

A dating site for white people is turning heads?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:21 PM
a reply to: Asktheanimals

It is only the White race in the US that is discouraged from celebrating our own heritage, especially if you are a Southerner - making you a de facto supporter of Jim Crow laws, slavery and a beneficiary from the institution.
Thou shalt not display the Confederate battle flag even though it is not the flag of the Confederate states.

The anti-White bias is based on the historical suppression and abuse of other races, those are facts that can't be refuted.
What's insane about it is that only a very tiny minority of Whites alive today are beneficiaries of the former system.
It's still that 1% at the very top yet the other 99% who are struggling like every one else take the blame for what happened long ago.
We've had real equality in the country for some time.

Ever been to a St Patrick's day parade or a Columbus Day, or any group of white folks whose ancestors came from different parts of Europe celebrate their culture and encouraged others to join the fun, off course it's not celebrating a skin color but an heritage from both the old country and the new one, the same goes for other ethnic minorities like Caribbeans, Puerto Ricans ,Chinese etc there are institutions and social clubs where people of any group can join and partake in just about any sub culture that one find in America, the problem imo is the labeling by color and not culture, when people use the blanket term "White " it speaks to an image and association with certain things or habits mostly positive in the eyes of most self Id white folks, in the minds of non whites it can be associated with negatives ie oppression of others, and it's not the fault of non whites either, for a longtime within living memory you have organizations called the White citizens council , much respected in their day, but known as oppressors of non whites, another term within living memory is Free White and 21 speak to a condition of privilege power and exclusivity.

And what of Black?? well in America Black was the most distinctive feature of Americans of African ancestry, it was reviled for it's difference and apparent polar opposite , in living memory If you are white you alright if you are brown stick around if you are black get back. it took decades to try and reverse that negative connotation and not always successful , with the term African American it link one to an ancestral home land and in my view more meaningful though not perfect'.

Southern White culture, I really don't know what that mean or how it is defined. what are the differences between Black southern culture and white southern culture outside the idea of race, the Battle flag made popular by racist groups as far as I know had it's roots among segregationist and many did not back then seemed to mind it's appropriation .
So called white culture history is celebrated and recognized so much so that it is taken as the norm for everyone else white and non white.
The problem maybe in the terminology used.
edit on 3-1-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:21 PM

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Crazy Diamond
Notion of being proud (or ashamed) of ones color is completely ridiculous, in my opinion. I am white and indifferent to the fact.

You are indifferent to the fact because you are rarely made to think about it. If you were viewed with suspicion or fear by a large segment of the population, you would no longer be able to view your own ethnicity or skin color with indifference.

"Pride" is a bit of a misnomer when we are talking about "black pride" or "gay pride", ect. There just aren't many other words to use to describe the feeling of ostracization, and a person's commitment to retain their personal agency in spite of it.

When white people use it, it is very much like the dating site in the OP. It is usually redundant, exclusive, and largely unnecessary.

Just to clear this up, because CD finds it "completely ridiculous" to be proud and/or ashamed of of ones race, they are (essentially) ignorant?

Sorry, but I find your posts to be a bit....baity, for lack of a better term. No, actually they are baiting and I find them offensive. So, now I'm offended...see how easy that is? It's BS.

I'm tired of the "white guilt" or whatever you want to call it, but that's essentially what you're alluding to in your response, IMHO.

No one on this Earth CHOSE their race, sex, etc. so there is NO reason to be made to, or to feel guilty, about something COMPLETELY beyond your control. It's a waste of emotion and is just negative thinking in general.

The site has nothing to do with ostricization, it's just a website. If people decide to jump on the Offended Train and take a ride, that is their choice. No one is forcing anyone to even look or join the site, it's not the only dating site on the net and the last time I checked, we still had free speech, even for us white folks, in this country.

Idk about the rest of the fine people on ATS but I'm sick and tired of this argument. God forbid white folks celebrate or have pride in their race. That goes double if you dare breathe a word about it.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:31 PM
a reply to: lovebeck

wounds are still fresh unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:46 PM
And on topic, I see nothing wrong with a digital meeting place for people who are attracted to white skinned folk to meet each other.
...I search white blonde female on regular dating sites when I search, does that make me a bigot?

...and if that site was rammed full of thousands of white blonde females in my area I'd probably sign up, so what?
edit on 3.1.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:47 PM

originally posted by: lovebeck
Just to clear this up, because CD finds it "completely ridiculous" to be proud and/or ashamed of of ones race, they are (essentially) ignorant?

The thing is, as you will see in my reply to him/her, I am essentially ignorant when it comes to discrimination for the way I was born, as I have never experienced it. I can read about it, talk to others about it, try the best I can to empathize with people who have experienced it, but it's all 2nd hand experience.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:57 PM
So, I am Latina, but hell I married a white man have two mix race children, now what that makes me?

A racist against my own race, you know for what I keep reading here from those that promotes "equality" but actually it sounds more like forced than anything else I could be seen as a racist for avoiding my own race.

Yes I been sarcastic, because I don't give two rat arses, sometime people doesn't stop to think that they sound more bias toward one particular side than the other, while thinking that they are actually all for equality.

Those that cry the most about been discriminated or targeted but still do nothing to make themselves better are just as guilty as those that are behind true bigotry because they allowed to be discriminated.

I don't let anybody discriminate against me or my children.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:03 PM
a reply to: marg6043
The most beautiful girl I was ever in love with was from Mexico City, I only ended it due to my own insecurities because she was so beautiful and I thought I was out of my league, what a fool looking back lol
...probably a comment more suited for the ongoing 'trouble being beautiful' thread...

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:10 PM
a reply to: grainofsand

Well what can I say, yes we Latinas can be very beautiful,(brushing hair out of shoulder) I am Puertorrican, my husband is from NY, his ancestry is from Liverpool England.

His mother didn't want me at all, but his father had no problem with his son dating me.

My father was a bid more concern than my mother.

Yes sometimes family has a lot to do with partner choosing more than people think, unless you have not family around that gets involved.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:11 PM

originally posted by: chishuppu

originally posted by: crazyewok

a reply to: crazyewok

lol he is not, he has no ties to the black communities. He is as black as Carlos Estevez is white.

Then we are not talking race. We are talking culture.

Fact is African American culture is inferior.

That’s not racism that’s culturalism. And fact is some cultures work better than others.
There is a reason predominantly African American community’s suffer from high levels of illiteracy, poverty, crime and unemployment and its not whites fault.

I am intrigued by this response.

Explain how this inferiority came to be.

Thats irrelevant.

Whats relevant is what you do about it.

Ditch ebonics and learn real english, ditch tribalism and gang culture and pay attention at school.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:16 PM
Haha true, but in my case all my family said I was a fool for my insecurities leading me to walk away from such a beautiful Latino woman. They were correct lol. I said I search blonde white on dating sites burt real life I am drawn to beauty regardless of skin colour. I met my Mexican beauty in real life.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:19 PM

Sorry about that, you know is funny when it comes to love, you can choose your friend, you can not choose true love, true love chooses you, that one knocks the door and if you don't open the door it may never comes around again.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:24 PM
I have said this many times and will say it again.

We have a mixed race, identifies as black raised part of his life identifying as Muslim man with the middle name of Hussein as the POTUS right now.

The BOOK should be closed on this garbage.

People who do not like things like this, in simply terms, are the racists.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:34 PM
Haha I blew it for sure!
I did mend my heart a little with an African beauty from Cameroon after that, skin black as coal, outstanding facial bone structure, striking features.

That died though as her family were full on religious and I couldn't deal with it.
I went back to my original preferences...blonde, white, tracksuit bottoms and training shoes lol

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:43 PM

As long as you are happy I wish you a happy life with the partner of your choosing.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:51 PM
Same to you, and from what I read you have found him.

...I'm just making the point I guess that although I'm pretty colour blind when it comes to a mate, regarding the OP, I understand and accept that there are those who think differently so I will defend their opportunities to have a digital option which suits their preferences.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:02 PM
So the media finds a site to make a story out of then tracks down a handful of idiots that are offended and everybody jumps like lemmings like it's the impending destruction of the white race. Does it ever get boring being constantly played and manipulated?

Most of the rest of the world couldn't care less if white people want to date other white people and have white kids. If that's what makes you happy go ahead.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:32 PM

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: chishuppu

There are no "white people" there are no "black people," there are people that are white and people that are black. Anyone of any shade who insists on otherwise are equally responsible for allowing racism to exist.

Racism can only be defeating by encouraging humanism.

racism involves power, white kept blacks economically down and segregated, blacks can't do the same thing because they don't have that kind of power. This whole racism thing is a product of one race hating another for centuries, this equality things is a 50 year on going project, its a new thing for one race.

That is ONE definition of racism, but by no means the only one. A cursory google search or review of various definitions proves that point definitively. What you are referring to is institutional racism.

Secondly, while your point has validity for the US or Europe, you are falling into the classic fallacy of making a generalized statement that without qualification obviously encompasses ALL black and white people.

In actuality, other people than white people including some black people DO have power in other contexts and countries, and hence CAN and DO engage in institutionalized oppression/racism/bigotry. World history is replete with examples.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:35 PM

originally posted by: crazyewok

racism involves power, white kept blacks economically down and segregated,

Slavery ended over 150 years ago get over it!

blacks can't do the same thing because they don't have that kind of power.

You own most of Africa. I say you have plenty of power.

why do you bring up slavery thing? Is that an ignorant attempt at forgetting Jim Crow ended recently?

Own most of Africa? is this the real life? do you see an African currency holding any power outside it own nation then the US, Pound Sterling being usable in all nations. get real

Blacks still hold power in most African countries, if you didn't get the memo.

The problem with your narrative, as well as other social justice warriors, is that you can't look at alternative examples nor specific country-level examples other than the globe or West, as if you did your narrative would fall apart.

A race doesn't need GLOBAL power to project institutionalized racism on to another group, they simply need SOME kind of power, whether that is being the CEO of a company, manager, or controlling a country.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:46 PM

originally posted by: Crazy Diamond
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Way to jump the gun. Please read the rest of my posts in this thread and my stance will be clear to you. It applies to pride in all the labels with which one had nothing to do with.
And it's useless trying to attach any labels to me (pc Marxist/left), they roll off like water off a duck's back.

You're right, I did jump the gun and I have not read your other posts.
Simply NOT caring for your heritage is part of an agenda.
At least in my opinion.
Sorry I didn't mean to brand you in any way.
This subject is a sore spot for me.
I'm in my late 50's and I have seen SO much change in this country it's astonishing.
Race relations were on the right track from the 70's right up until Obama took office.
There was a sea change at that point and the negativity and divisiveness are at an all-time high.
It breaks my heart to see so much unity being cast aside for political gains.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 03:01 PM
a reply to: Spider879

Excellent reply and very thoughtful.
"White" as a term today seems to carry more negative than positive connotations.
What I lament is loosing so much of our culture and history, not just Whites but all people.
The One World Government types seem to want to just throw everyone together willy-nilly through massive immigration.
Watching Angela Merkel's NYE address to Germany seemed to demonize anyone who worries about Germany losing it's identity and culture, branding them more or less as Nazis.
I think there's genuine reasons for concern when you suddenly introduce so many people in to a country where everything is foreign to them.

Changing policies is easy, people not so much.
I think change is happening at too fast a rate.
The same as I lament losing each aboriginal tribe in the Amazon and it's unique identity I lament seeing European Nations doing the same.
It's taken thousands of years of social evolution to produce the cultures we have all around the globe.
The loss of any of them is, I believe in my heart, a great loss to all humanity.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>