It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A dating site for white people is turning heads?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: chishuppu

There are no "white people" there are no "black people," there are people that are white and people that are black. Anyone of any shade who insists on otherwise are equally responsible for allowing racism to exist.

Racism can only be defeating by encouraging humanism.

racism involves power, white kept blacks economically down and segregated, blacks can't do the same thing because they don't have that kind of power. This whole racism thing is a product of one race hating another for centuries, this equality things is a 50 year on going project, its a new thing for one race.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: chishuppu

racism involves power, white kept blacks economically down and segregated,

Slavery ended over 150 years ago get over it!

blacks can't do the same thing because they don't have that kind of power.

You own most of Africa. I say you have plenty of power.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

Humans have a great capacity for doing evil things........HUMANS... not white people, black people, green people.

this is America, so lets not get out of context, humans didn't oppress humans, whites oppressed blacks, refusing to acknowledge that is the reason racism won't end. So the former oppressors want another exclusive club, might be nothing to the former oppressors, but to the former oppressed its a legitimate threat, especially since the norm of that group according to history is the oppression of others. dems the breaks again.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

racism involves power, white kept blacks economically down and segregated,

Slavery ended over 150 years ago get over it!

blacks can't do the same thing because they don't have that kind of power.

You own most of Africa. I say you have plenty of power.

why do you bring up slavery thing? Is that an ignorant attempt at forgetting Jim Crow ended recently?

Own most of Africa? is this the real life? do you see an African currency holding any power outside it own nation then the US, Pound Sterling being usable in all nations. get real
edit on 3-1-2016 by chishuppu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

why do you bring up slavery thing? Is that an ignorant attempt at forgetting Jim Crow ended recently?

And again that ended in the 60's.

If a black man can be president the a black man can be any thing.

Maybe if you spent less time bitching and moaning and playing the victim and more time getting a good education you would find more oppotunitys in life.

Own most of Africa? is this the real life? do you see an African currency holding any power outside it own nation then the US, Pound Sterling being usable in all nations. get real

That not the USA and UK fault most of Africa is a corrupt cess pit and drive there own economys into the ground.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

White people somewhere somehow forgave themselves for their wrong doings against other people, so with that idiocy believe that those people they wronged also forgave them therefore decided to give themselves a clean slate. So when I read this thread I sympathize with those who gave themselves a clean slate or feel that history should not involve them, but they are mistaken in believing that they are on the same level as those they wronged. As the masters of the art of racism and forced segregation people of other races you mistreated tend to get skeptical or fearful of whites gathering by themselves in an exclusive group, because history tells you that whites in an exclusive group is not good for anyone else. Dems the breaks unfortunately, but the hope is that your kids kids won't have to worry about it.

That's so bigoted it almost made my toes curl.

when your told uncurl explain what is bigoted about it. I can pull up any history you like, any.

We just had an argument with my friends about who are the biggest racists, the Nazi Germans or the American public at the same time. The fact that one followed orders while the other had picnics and community fun time picture taking lynchings without even the slightest nudge from the govt, the govt had to use military to stop them.

Either way, the dating site won't bold well for another generation or 2.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The black oppressors are their leaders that's how they make a living. Just a fact that people keep voting for free stuff and then want more. Their leaders want to get voted in so they give them more, simple really just buying votes from the cattle.

So now we've gotten far off topic. Most white people think a white only dating site is just fine probably even funny,

edit on 3-1-2016 by mikell because: to be on topic

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

White people somewhere somehow forgave themselves for their wrong doings against other people, so with that idiocy believe that those people they wronged also forgave them therefore decided to give themselves a clean slate. So when I read this thread I sympathize with those who gave themselves a clean slate or feel that history should not involve them, but they are mistaken in believing that they are on the same level as those they wronged. As the masters of the art of racism and forced segregation people of other races you mistreated tend to get skeptical or fearful of whites gathering by themselves in an exclusive group, because history tells you that whites in an exclusive group is not good for anyone else. Dems the breaks unfortunately, but the hope is that your kids kids won't have to worry about it.

That's so bigoted it almost made my toes curl.

when your told uncurl explain what is bigoted about it. I can pull up any history you like, any.

We just had an argument with my friends about who are the biggest racists, the Nazi Germans or the American public at the same time. The fact that one followed orders while the other had picnics and community fun time picture taking lynchings without even the slightest nudge from the govt, the govt had to use military to stop them.

Either way, the dating site won't bold well for another generation or 2.

One of the things about bigots is they hold their views in the face of evidence to the contrary.

But, the post was all white people enslaved black people white people forgave themselves etc.
A total crock.
Some white people did, not the majority.
If you can't get past that then you aren't any better than someone who sees all blacks as feckless welfare scammers and gang bangers.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Martin Luther King Jr. stood for a future where people both white skinned and black skinned stopped seeing in terms of black and white. A world where we united as one people. Why don't you?

Insisting that white people are responsible for what happened in america and not people who happened to be white skinned spits in the face of every single human with white skin that ever fought and died to end racism.

We're all in this fight together, stop insisting we're not and making people with white skin out to be this separate entity that's oppressing people.

People like you insisting in seeing people by their skin color and pinning things on them for that alone while ignoring that people with that exact same trait have fought died and sacrificed to end racism is pretty damn racist.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crazy Diamond
Could you explain why you are proud of something you had absolutely nothing to do with? Did you accomplish something to become white or did you choose your color from a swatch book before you were born?

Notion of being proud (or ashamed) of ones color is completely ridiculous, in my opinion. I am white and indifferent to the fact.

Congratulations!
You have absorbed the ideology the pc Marxist/left wants every White person to have.
That is to resent or at least, to not care.
Other races are openly encouraged to embrace their heritage (black pride anyone?) which is great.
It is only the White race in the US that is discouraged from celebrating our own heritage, especially if you are a Southerner - making you a de facto supporter of Jim Crow laws, slavery and a beneficiary from the institution.
Thou shalt not display the Confederate battle flag even though it is not the flag of the Confederate states.

The anti-White bias is based on the historical suppression and abuse of other races, those are facts that can't be refuted.
What's insane about it is that only a very tiny minority of Whites alive today are beneficiaries of the former system.
It's still that 1% at the very top yet the other 99% who are struggling like every one else take the blame for what happened long ago.
We've had real equality in the country for some time.
There were many programs put in place to ensure that minorities would be able to get good paying jobs and build successful careers.
Just look in any government office for proof.

All that aside every race should be able to be proud of who they are and where they came from. It is the only way cultures can sustain themselves and what I see happening is White culture is disappearing fast. Just look at music; classical is the highest expression ever created yet today it's rejected by most for hip hop with it's simplistic drum machine beats. To confirm that one has only to look at the number of kids who learn to play orchestra instruments in school. It might be half of what it was 50 years ago. That's just one example of rejecting one's own culture for another.

There is too much dwelling only on the negatives of our history and little of the good and the positive.

If we aren't proud of who we are then what?
Do you hate your parents and resent them for the their lives?
You are cutting the chain every civilized society has used to preserve their culture and guarantee it's continuity.
Most aboriginal societies have some form of ancestor worship.
I suppose they were all bigots too.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Culture where skin color is a requirement is racist. A culture in which due to the local population happens to share a certain physical trait all have that trait is not. A culture in which everyone shares that trait, but they allow no one else into their culture even if the share that trait is also not racist, it's ethnocentric.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The elephant in the room in your particular argument is that we aren't all the same.

Sure you may have a sense of your own individuality and that's great, but you can't really condemn others for their differences can you?

Identifying with others of your culture or whatever is just something some people do.
Hell, look at the hoo ha over the proportionate representation of different races etc on tv and film.
People often just don't identify with folks reading the news etc if they aren't broadly like them...at least, that's how the argument goes re. role models.

It is actually both sense of individuality and unity. Liver, heart, kidneys... all individual, completely different organs, yet the only way for one's body to be healthy is if those organs work in unison. Same thing with the planet. The only way it can prosper is if everyone realizes that even though we are all different we are in this together and must work together or we'll end up destroying ourselves and possibly take the planet (and all the poor innocent animals, plants etc.) with us.

And as far as I am concerned, one can identify with whatever or whomever he/she wants. However, as soon as that person starts treating other people as inferior purely because those people don't belong to their labels, that person ceases to be "human being" and becomes "animal" in their behavior.
edit on 3-1-2016 by Crazy Diamond because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Way to jump the gun. Please read the rest of my posts in this thread and my stance will be clear to you. It applies to pride in all the labels with which one had nothing to do with.
And it's useless trying to attach any labels to me (pc Marxist/left), they roll off like water off a duck's back.

edit on 3-1-2016 by Crazy Diamond because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

And again that ended in the 60's.

If a black man can be president the a black man can be any thing.

Maybe if you spent less time bitching and moaning and playing the victim and more time getting a good education you would find more oppotunitys in life.

That not the USA and UK fault most of Africa is a corrupt cess pit and drive there own economys into the ground.

It ended lol, you are funny, I won't even address that nonsense, you sound like a lion cub explaining to the gazelles how great its mom is, lol ok.

Obama is half white raised by his white side, the rest of congress is mostly white, but hey lets not let facts get in the way.

That moment when you realize that the US and British military is for.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Obama is half white raised by his white side, the rest of congress is mostly white, but hey lets not let facts get in the way.

Now your the one being racist.

I mean come one.

Saying Obama not black enough to be considered the first black president

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=20218321]SprocketUK

One of the things about bigots is they hold their views in the face of evidence to the contrary.

But, the post was all white people enslaved black people white people forgave themselves etc.
A total crock.
Some white people did, not the majority.
If you can't get past that then you aren't any better than someone who sees all blacks as feckless welfare scammers and gang bangers.

so you brought in the word bigot for the sole purpose of strawmanning me, lame.

if your whole debate or discussion tactic is to say right or wrong without opposing response then I guess you win. Then you finish with the argument comparing apples to oranges.

The fact that it was the law of the land to oppress black people, not some people followed the law, but all. If you do a search for black lynchings you will see that normal citizens did them and took pics, not the "KKK" who they give blame, but mothers and children enjoyed in the festivities.

I can like you to lots of pics if you will.

Anyway the reason for my derailment was to remind people where they live and the history behind it. Funny how when the Jewish folk cry never again and attack as with holocaust movies every year people don't cry forgive and forget. Only blacks are asked to forgive and forget, crazy.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

lol he is not, he has no ties to the black communities. He is as black as Carlos Estevez is white.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

lol he is not, he has no ties to the black communities. He is as black as Carlos Estevez is white.

Then we are not talking race. We are talking culture.

Fact is African American culture is inferior.

That’s not racism that’s culturalism. And fact is some cultures work better than others.
There is a reason predominantly African American community’s suffer from high levels of illiteracy, poverty, crime and unemployment and its not whites fault.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Martin Luther King Jr. stood for a future where people both white skinned and black skinned stopped seeing in terms of black and white. A world where we united as one people. Why don't you?

Insisting that white people are responsible for what happened in america and not people who happened to be white skinned spits in the face of every single human with white skin that ever fought and died to end racism.

We're all in this fight together, stop insisting we're not and making people with white skin out to be this separate entity that's oppressing people.

People like you insisting in seeing people by their skin color and pinning things on them for that alone while ignoring that people with that exact same trait have fought died and sacrificed to end racism is pretty damn racist.

This equality thing is a new phenomenon for white people, from the formation of this nation before and after independence, this is the first time experiencing this. My parents where born into because they where born in 40s/50's, I am a product of oppressed parents, my kids would be the first to be born free free. Cognitive dissonance is what they call it, its people like you that downplay others suffering who allow history to be distorted. Do you know that in New York they call slaves who where brought here as "involuntary immigrants" lol ok.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Then we are not talking race. We are talking culture.

Fact is African American culture is inferior.

That’s not racism that’s culturalism. And fact is some cultures work better than others.
There is a reason predominantly African American community’s suffer from high levels of illiteracy, poverty, crime and unemployment and its not whites fault.

I am intrigued by this response.

Explain how this inferiority came to be.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join