It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A dating site for white people is turning heads?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

This doesn't turn my head, whites have the right to date only whites if they chose too, is our freedom of choice, but I forgot in America the melting pot of the big experiment in multiculturalism wanting to date somebody of your own race is racist.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Personally, I think it's ridiculous, but then, my opinion in the matter only matters to me. If my kids saw it and questioned it, it's up to me and my wife to explain it to them. They're going to have plenty of much more egregious examples of "backward thinking" foisted upon them.

I do believe it's different, to a degree, then a website aimed at minority-specific dating, in that it would seem more appropriate in a majority Black population. However, that doesn't justify any thoughts of limiting their right to have or advertise the site.

I think billboards for McDonalds are far more inappropriate, given the cost to me personally of others' poor eating habits, but I still support their right to have them. Otherwise, whose way of thinking do we allow?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Come on, it's a natural human thing, it may not be entirely rational, but we all do it.

Our team wins, we share the glory even though we weren't on the pitch.
On rememberance day at school we all spared a minute to think of the old boys as the headmaster read out the names of the fallen and felt a little pride by association with medal winners etc.
If someone in your family has a Roller or a Bentley, you are going to tell someone.

It's just life, some people even feel shame for what their nation or race or family may have done in the past even though they may not have had anything to do with it.

If identifying with someone who did something great gives you a little bit of good feeling and inspires you to do something, where's the harm?

It's not rational at all and we certainly don't all do it. Why should I feel proud that my relative has Bentley or Roller? Now, if you are on the team and have contributed something to the win, sure, feel proud about it, even though you were not on the pitch.

When I was a kid, my dad, who generally was a good guy, but when he would get drunk, he would become quite violent. Few times my mom locked him out and he would be outside banging on the door, screaming, police coming etc. For the longest time I felt extreme shame as if I was doing those things.

Then one day it hit me, it's not me doing these things, why should I feel any shame whatsoever. And this is my parent we are talking about, you cant get any closer than that as far as genetic similarity. From there on I realized, by the same token, that I also can't be proud or ashamed of what other people did just because it so happens that they were born in the same geographic location, with same skin pigment, with same religion etc.

Sure, if you get inspired by someone you identify with and their accomplishments and because of it you accomplish something yourself, absolutely, be proud about it. However, I see a lot of people just riding their ancestral coattails and accomplishing absolutely nothing themselves and still feeling proud for what their ancestors did.

And then we also have extreme examples of people identifying with labels like "I am white, you are black, we must hate each other" or "I am Christian, you are Muslim, we must hate each other" or "I am Russian, you are American, we must hate each other" etc. I am sure some people would be happiest if went back to tribes, even further segregation.

In my opinion, one of the biggest problems on this planet is that some people are still stuck in "pack mentality", which is fine if you are a dog but not if you are a civilized human being. I have a dog, mix between German shepherd and Akita, and if another dog is part of his pack, he/she is cool; if not, there will be blood. It is sad to see there are people in this world who behave just like that. I am not saying you have to love everyone on this planet but at least be civilized when dealing with people who are not exactly like you (generic "you", not you personally).
edit on 3-1-2016 by Crazy Diamond because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
a reply to: Abysha

Peruse ANY of the profiles in most of Southern California on POF or TINDER or OKCUPID.

"WHITE" is the MAJORITY??

HAHAHAHAHA, I get flooded with emails from Hispanic/Asian girls at a rate 10 times more than White women. There are hardly any LEFT. And I'm supposed to be the "Majority"?

I admit, I've never been on any of those sites. If it is as skewed as you say it is, then I apologize for the assumption that it mirrors the demographics of our nation.

But like you said earlier, you can always filter out whoever you want by any number of characteristics, including "race".

In any case, I was only pointing out why a site specializing in the majority can be seen as exclusionary. I obviously don't know enough about dating sites so I'll probably back off from this thread now.

I agree with your second to last sentence, that it is exclusionary and problematic.

However, the problem is the double standards. In our current climate, it's perfectly okay to have Jewish-only, Latino-only, or Black-only sites, but if you have a White-only site, that it is "racist" or "bigoted." I argue they are all problematic, but to social justice warriors the latter examples are perfectly fine.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

This is the problem with this and "black" sites like it.

"Whites can date only whites" if they wish is the problem. There's a difference between having a preference for a skin color sexually and having a preference for whites and blacks sexually.

Having white skin or black skin as a box check preference or requirement is fine. Promoting whites dating whites and blacks dating blacks is not.

It's important to remove race from the equation. Dating people of the skin color you're attracted to is fine, doing so because you perceive them to be an entirely different people from the others is not.

As soon as I believe we have the cultural maturity to stop thinking in terms of race and actually see white and black skin as just that, a cosmetic trait, I'll have no problem with skin color based dating sites alongside other niche sites. As we currently stand, these sites in their use of language clearly support the concept of race and promote it.
edit on 1/3/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crazy Diamond

originally posted by: awareness10
This .. i feel... is how the white race is beginning to feel, and they're feeling as though their own History is being ripped out from underneath them right now, their Culture, their Roots.

What exactly is "white culture"? I can guarantee you that culture of a country I was born in (Serbia, overwhelmingly white) is quite different than lets say Norway.

A while ago I was very interested to see how racist people think so I went to stormfront for some reading. It was a good laugh, they couldn't even agree who qualifies as white. A lot of them don't accept Greeks, Italians etc. as white.

And, by the way, thanks for speaking for all of us.

I agree that there is no one "white culture" or "white people," but do you know what? The social justice warriors and media often refer to white people with a broad brush and with stereotypes, as if there is one monolithic white culture.

And yes, Stormfront is a joke. I did the same as you out of pure curiosity and read some of the posts on Stormfront. Their leadership firmly believes in racial theories such as the white race being superior genetically, and hence why it is in power generally. Moreover, they also firmly believe in the majority of jews being genetically or culturally evil, parasitic, what you have.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
If you read the original article, you will notice that there is no mention of it being "racist",,,, simply as being an outdated mode of thinking.

But again, any google search for a specific race dating website will almost certainly turn up results.

It seems that it is politically incorrect based solely on the basis that it would be a website for white people to meet other white people to date, while totally ignoring that there are plenty of websites for other races other than white/Caucasian people to meet people of their own race.

I wanted to leave the racist aspect out of this, because we are talking a personal relationship preference.

Dating websites are designed to meet people like yourself, with like interests and common goals in life. If you only want to date people that fall within specific guidelines that you set for yourself, then by all means go for it.

Exactly, it is the double standard that is problematic.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove
I don't see the distinction myself. Just looked at the 'offending' website and saw no overly racist language, only about meeting white people.
If one is looking for a mate with white skin then the only people with that are collectively known as white.
Semantics is all I see with your comments here.

edit on 3.1.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Only in a make believe utopia we as humans could forget about the color of the skin and be just humans, male and female, gay or lesbian transgender or whatever.

But in this days and time in our reality, people will be prejudiced at some point in time toward their fellow human beings for been different.

We have choices and people have the right to chose, whatever be the reason for it should be respected.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

You're nothing more than an enabler. People have the right to choose, yes. People also have the right to, thanks to free speech call them on prejudiced actions.

Just because lots of people insist on believing in the race myth does not mean people are required to keep their mouth shut and not stand against it.

I don't have to respect anyone who does anything for a reason undeserving of respect.

Once again, prefering white skin is fine, prefering the white "race" is not, same for people of black skin prefering the black "race." I will not be made to respect that way of thinking. Color preference is fine, "race" is not, because accapting that is promoting the root cause on which racism is allowed to flourish.

Just because bigots will never be vanquished in whole is no reason not to stand against them when they make themselves known.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

What are you afraid that whites will breed into a KKK clan league?, you are afraid of who can dominate who, I am not and I am a minority female Latina.

Those that hold grudges inside never can accept those around them, we may all be humans but sadly we all come in different colors that is the way of nature.

Have a nice day, I have not problem with dating site that people are looking for those that looks just like them.

Is their choice.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Semantics are in these cases important. Too many people still see white and black as being a people and not just people. Is why having a dating website of which there are many with preferences are fine. No reason to have all these sites when a simple check box would get the same result without the "racial" undertone.

A site where people seek other people, with cosmetic feature preferences and requirements as check boxes under a category like cosmetic preferences is infinitely better than a site for "whites" or "blacks" to date. One encourages these things being seen as features, the other promotes the idea that this feature represents a different people.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Only in a make believe utopia we as humans could forget about the color of the skin and be just humans, male and female, gay or lesbian transgender or whatever.

But in this days and time in our reality, people will be prejudiced at some point in time toward their fellow human beings for been different.

We have choices and people have the right to chose, whatever be the reason for it should be respected.

There were civilization where people did not care about about the color of the skin and be just humans, male and female, gay or lesbian transgender and they tend to choose their partners randomly yes they did not live in a utopia they had other issues to deal with such as greed cruelty and class distinctions.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
White people somewhere somehow forgave themselves for their wrong doings against other people, so with that idiocy believe that those people they wronged also forgave them therefore decided to give themselves a clean slate. So when I read this thread I sympathize with those who gave themselves a clean slate or feel that history should not involve them, but they are mistaken in believing that they are on the same level as those they wronged. As the masters of the art of racism and forced segregation people of other races you mistreated tend to get skeptical or fearful of whites gathering by themselves in an exclusive group, because history tells you that whites in an exclusive group is not good for anyone else. Dems the breaks unfortunately, but the hope is that your kids kids won't have to worry about it.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: Spider879

Did you watch the video? 3 of the 4 people "interviewed" were minorities. A black lady said she thought is was racist despite this in the websites about us

The question naturally arises, can anyone join? That answer is yes, as long as you are at least 18 years of age and you agree to abide by the rules and regulations set forth for all members to follow. We want our dating forum to be simple and inexpensive with the ability to connect like minded people in a non discriminatory fashion.

Haven't seen the vid but they are off their freaking rockers to think that's an Issue , but like I said the black folks that I know would have just shrugged their shoulder like meh.

Something you are pointing to is important. I exist both in the social justice world and also in a very diverse community of friends and coworkers (i.e. international and racially/ethnically diverse).

I find that while the media and social justice community often are extreme and pulling the race card on everything, or being divisive between races, most of my friends who are not white aren't actually extreme nor saying these things all of the time, with a few exceptions. In fact, it's often my white liberal SJW friends who are the most over the top with this stuff.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: chishuppu

There are no "white people" there are no "black people," there are people that are white and people that are black. Anyone of any shade who insists on otherwise are equally responsible for allowing racism to exist.

Racism can only be defeating by encouraging humanism.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: chishuppu
White people somewhere somehow forgave themselves for their wrong doings against other people, so with that idiocy believe that those people they wronged also forgave them therefore decided to give themselves a clean slate. So when I read this thread I sympathize with those who gave themselves a clean slate or feel that history should not involve them, but they are mistaken in believing that they are on the same level as those they wronged. As the masters of the art of racism and forced segregation people of other races you mistreated tend to get skeptical or fearful of whites gathering by themselves in an exclusive group, because history tells you that whites in an exclusive group is not good for anyone else. Dems the breaks unfortunately, but the hope is that your kids kids won't have to worry about it.

Humans have a great capacity for doing evil things........HUMANS... not white people, black people, green people.
edit on R052016-01-03T10:05:04-06:00k051Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crazy Diamond

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Come on, it's a natural human thing, it may not be entirely rational, but we all do it.

Our team wins, we share the glory even though we weren't on the pitch.
On rememberance day at school we all spared a minute to think of the old boys as the headmaster read out the names of the fallen and felt a little pride by association with medal winners etc.
If someone in your family has a Roller or a Bentley, you are going to tell someone.

It's just life, some people even feel shame for what their nation or race or family may have done in the past even though they may not have had anything to do with it.

If identifying with someone who did something great gives you a little bit of good feeling and inspires you to do something, where's the harm?

It's not rational at all and we certainly don't all do it. Why should I feel proud that my relative has Bentley or Roller? Now, if you are on the team and have contributed something to the win, sure, feel proud about it, even though you were not on the pitch.

When I was a kid, my dad, who generally was a good guy, but when he would get drunk, he would become quite violent. Few times my mom locked him out and he would be outside banging on the door, screaming, police coming etc. For the longest time I felt extreme shame as if I was doing those things.

Then one day it hit me, it's not me doing these things, why should I feel any shame whatsoever. And this is my parent we are talking about, you cant get any closer than that as far as genetic similarity. From there on I realized, by the same token, that I also can't be proud or ashamed of what other people did just because it so happens that they were born in the same geographic location, with same skin pigment, with same religion etc.

Sure, if you get inspired by someone you identify with and their accomplishments and because of it you accomplish something yourself, absolutely, be proud about it. However, I see a lot of people just riding their ancestral coattails and accomplishing absolutely nothing themselves and still feeling proud for what their ancestors did.

And then we also have extreme examples of people identifying with labels like "I am white, you are black, we must hate each other" or "I am Christian, you are Muslim, we must hate each other" or "I am Russian, you are American, we must hate each other" etc. I am sure some people would be happiest if went back to tribes, even further segregation.

In my opinion, one of the biggest problems on this planet is that some people are still stuck in "pack mentality", which is fine if you are a dog but not if you are a civilized human being. I have a dog, mix between German shepherd and Akita, and if another dog is part of his pack, he/she is cool; if not, there will be blood. It is sad to see there are people in this world who behave just like that. I am not saying you have to love everyone on this planet but at least be civilized when dealing with people who are not exactly like you (generic "you", not you personally).

The elephant in the room in your particular argument is that we aren't all the same.

Sure you may have a sense of your own individuality and that's great, but you can't really condemn others for their differences can you?

Identifying with others of your culture or whatever is just something some people do.
Hell, look at the hoo ha over the proportionate representation of different races etc on tv and film.
People often just don't identify with folks reading the news etc if they aren't broadly like them...at least, that's how the argument goes re. role models.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: chishuppu

That's so bigoted it almost made my toes curl.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
I agree that there is no one "white culture" or "white people," but do you know what? The social justice warriors and media often refer to white people with a broad brush and with stereotypes, as if there is one monolithic white culture.

And yes, Stormfront is a joke. I did the same as you out of pure curiosity and read some of the posts on Stormfront. Their leadership firmly believes in racial theories such as the white race being superior genetically, and hence why it is in power generally. Moreover, they also firmly believe in the majority of jews being genetically or culturally evil, parasitic, what you have.

But they do that to all the labels whether it be skin color or country or religion etc. That's how they keep us separate. It is up to you if you are going to identify with those labels and stereotypes. That is why I refuse to identify with any label, other then I guess "human being".

If you really think about it, you realize how ridiculously inaccurate and restrictive those labels are. For example skin color, I have not once in my life seen an actual "white" or "black" or "yellow" person. And then we take those few very specific (from start inaccurate) colors and apply it 7 billion people as if they are all the same. And then we say "well, he is white so he will behave like this" or "he is black so he will behave like that" etc. Absolutely ridiculous.

And yes, Stormfront is pure comedic gold mine. What was quite interesting to me was that some of those people actually seemed very educated, intellectual "deep thinker" types, other then of course their deep seated hatred for anything not pure white.
edit on 3-1-2016 by Crazy Diamond because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join