It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A dating site for white people is turning heads?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I believe we are discussing a "White People Dating Site."

Correct...but I believe that for the purpose of dating utilizing a "White People Dating Site" probably wouldn't include those that have white skin, but follow the black culture. For example...a white rapper. I would believe that type of person wouldn't get many second dates derived from "White People Dating" sites.
edit on 1/2/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Yes, a "Black Culture" specifically in America. That "in America" part is very important. Just saying "Black Culture" is a terrible description.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

I guess I should have clarified. I'm in the USA and referring to my experiences here.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: fartsmeller46

Calling someone an "'n-word'", "idiot" or "retard" adds nothing to a discussion but empty air.

Are you for that, or against it?
edit on 2/1/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Censor Screwed my Grammar

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

As long as people know you're speaking in the context of America, it's fine. "Black Culture" in Australia is probably significantly different, for instance, and "Black Culture" in Africa is a bit of a non-descriptor.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

It also has nothing to do with their skin color.

Are you saying a person who's say black with african descent and raised in a native american tribe is not part of the native american culture he grew up in? There are many examples of all of these cultures with people who grew up in and where a part of that culture that were of a different skin color.

Just because a culture started in an area where the population was all one color does not make the color an inherent part of the culture. The dance, music, government, economy, way of life is the culture. Just because the primary people that lived in the area that developed the culture were black does not make it a black culture, same with white. If the culture insists that only people who are white or black may be a part of that culture, then that culture is racist.

There've been examples of whites researching and choosing to join and being accepted into african tribes. There were people with black skin that lived in europe.

Culture is separate from race, or the culture is racist. Correlation does not equal causation. Just because a culture has people all of one skin color does not mean the culture is racist. It usually only means that the people that lived in the area the culture developed was that skin color.

It's when a culture chooses to be exclusive to race that it's racist. Now a culture exclusive to all outsiders is not racist even if everyone in it is one color, since they exclude people who are their own color as well. These people are ethnocentric, a whole different kettle of fish.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Agreed! And to be clear...the black culture I refer to are the ones with their pants hanging off their underwear, that view their neighborhoods as off limits to white people and who play the victim card from hundreds of years ago. I believe that black culture in other countries are likely much, much different. But honestly...I don't know if that is true or not.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I'm not anti-culture. I enjoy different cultures. I'm anti-cultures that promote and embrace the concept of race. Or more correctly I'm anti that aspect of the culture.

If you're not against cultural division based upon race than that means you're pro-race, which means you're pro the artificial concept which is race. Which means you are pro-racism, as the bunk concept which is race is the root cause of all racism, as racism can only exist so long as we choose to give the concept power.

It's really that simple.

You say you like all the different colors. That's fine, I do too, but not to the point I'm for artificial forcing such to exist. If people intermingle because they like each other and are inclusive, and as a result we all become the same shade, so be it. I'm certainly not going to put white people in zoos, or tell people they have to keep their culture pure just for the sake of maintaining artificial divisions.

Culture grow and change over time, it's what cultures do. There's no culture today that will be the same in 1000 years. Even the aboriginals are being changed slowly by the influence of the modern world. Which is kinda sad but expected considering they are the oldest purest culture alive today.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

That's something I'm against, but it's not black culture. It seriously needs a different name. Since there are plenty of blacks in the US that do not fall into it. That racial exclusiveness and that refusal to move away from a "racial" identity and towards a human one, makes those that follow such a culture a part of the racial divide.

Self segregation is still segregation.
edit on 1/2/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Yes...and that problem is shown well in this thread. When discussing "people who like chocolate" and the majority of those people are "green", you tend to assume that "green culture" includes the liking of chocolate. But that is how we as humans function. We group and label...it is how our mind functions. There is no changing that. We can subscribe to judging individuals, individually...but when encountering an individual, we group them without doing so intentionally because that is how we work.

It may be unfair...but it isn't something that is going to change. "White Dating" could be clarified with a bunch of additional words...but it wouldn't make for a very good .COM

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

That's something I'm against, but it's not black culture. It seriously needs a different name. Since there are plenty of blacks in the US that do not fall into it. That racial exclusiveness and that refusal to move away from a "racial" identity and towards a human one, makes those that follow such a culture a part of the racial divide.

Self segregation is still segregation.

And on the segregation topic...is it segregation or preference? In other words...is it providing a specific service to lovers of a particular genetic trait, or excluding people of another trait? I believe that is in the eye of the beholder.
edit on 1/2/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Better idea, make a dating site, with preference to check based on all the awesome different features of humanity in terms of cosmetic appearance. You like black skin, or white skin, or red hair or blonds, check that in the must have box and bam.

Is skin color really a good way to divide humanity? No it's not. It should be no more significant than freckles. A freckled dating exclusive site would be silly. So is all these sites. Especially in a culture that believes in race.

I'd have no problem with such sites if the bunk concept of race had become a thing of antiquity. It hasn't though, so to pretend a white only dating site or a black only dating site has no connection to promoting race and thus racism is intellectually dishonest.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Why not just let people date who they want?

Some people always want a bit of someone else's pie.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Isn't this a little redundant, when FarmersOnly.com already exists?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Blazemore2000

City folks just don't get it.

The League is awesome too.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I think its perfectly fine. Just like Ms. BLACK AMERICA OR BET.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

You are indifferent to the fact because you are rarely made to think about it. If you were viewed with suspicion or fear by a large segment of the population, you would no longer be able to view your own ethnicity or skin color with indifference.

Rarely made to think about it? White people are raised in this country to feel guilty and hate themselves or at least their "whiteness". White people are clearly viewed with suspicion and fear seeing as how racism is automatically assumed (for example any negative interaction between a white cop and a minority). Minorities are taught that white people are out to get them or oppress them.

When white people use it, it is very much like the dating site in the OP. It is usually redundant, exclusive, and largely unnecessary.

Notice how you broadly generalize white people base don their skin color?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
Isn't this a little redundant, when FarmersOnly.com already exists?

Totally racist.

Inferring that black farmers do not exist.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Ah,but see, only white people can be racist. At least, to the PC movement.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Anyway, looking at people in the streets, it is most common for people,ALL people, to end up with someone more or less like him/her.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join