It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students protest transgender invasion of privacy

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Transgender is not about sex. If sex is an issue for you, then it is lesbians you should be concerned about.

I hate the competition...

When I was in the service we had a transgender that went to the gym, and even taught a few aerobic classes. She, formally a he, would change in the men's locker room and no one had an issue with it, and we are talking a military base too, so what is the justification for them to change in the female locker room if they are anatomically male? I see little difference in them being upset to change in the male locker room compare to women who are upset that they change in the female locker room.

edit on 26-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

and we are talking a military base too

Not exactly the same thing as a civilian situation, is it?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

How would you solve this issue?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Have you heard the one about the trans woman who went into a female changing room and exposed herself to all and sundry?

No: that's not joke, so much as persistent urban myth. However, thanks to an unhappy combination of reactionary and transphobic groups in the United States, and newspapers with a less than whole-hearted commitment to fact-checking, this is one trope that looks set to run and run.

[...]

Early opposition, primarily from religious groups in bizarre alliance with some radical feminists, led to the circulation of scary video clips: one depicted the supposed nightmare scenario of a young girl entering a toilet, to be followed moments later by a mustachioed man in a dress. Since, however, this was mostly preaching to the converted, the campaign appears to have gone mainstream, with an increasingly regular drip-feed of stories of the kind highlighted above.

The transphobic tendency is often aided and abetted by journalists who don't check the stories. [Gay Star News, 1/9/14]

15 experts debunk transgender bathroom myth

Now for a personal perspective allow me to share that I am in fact Transgender "OH NOEZ!!!" yes I am the dread and notorious tranny boogeyman MUWHAHAHAHAH!!!

Much to my displeasure and no matter how hard I have tried to avoid it I have at times found myself in public facilities among more dainty, fragile and natural born women. Generally I avoid eye contact and move with purpose to the nearest unoccupied stall where at least to my knowledge my nether regions remain unseen to any but myself. I'm not quite sure if I pass 100% or not, I lean to not but only to the most discerning and attentive of passerby. Have never had a problem, never been approached or accused of perversion.

The article within the link I provided mentions (and this seems to be the fearful's imaginings of meeting a Trans person in the loo) mustached men in dresses going into women's facilities and flashing themselves. There are so many aspects of this thought process that are not only wrong but blatant idiocy at worst and/ or willful ignorance at best. Do the pictures of those young ladies as provided by an earlier poster look to be a threat to natural born women? I do not think so.

Furthermore no amount of legislation against us trans folk using our preferred lavatory is going to stop deranged perverts from doing deranged pervert shh... it will only further alienate us and cause even more awkward situations of glamorously dressed women standing at urinals next to bewildered and masculine MEN or muscled, bearded burly men walking into a WOMANS bathroom. Do we not see the problem here?

I forget though everyone has x-ray vision and can see through clothing and stalls therefore will be inherently privy to the naughty parts of all passerby. That is the real problem is it not? The ludicrous fear of inadvertently seeing someone else's privates despite the all the statistical and common knowledge that has shown otherwise.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

You know that...you are just picking on the person's choice of words...again.

No. I'm pointing out that people don't always know what they are talking about. Sometimes, just sometimes, that can cause them to reconsider things.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I know the solution to this

Raise taxes on all the rich people and we have a national construction boom of a third bathroom for transgender people.

It will create jobs for thousands of plumbers solving some of our unemployment problems as well as this issue will go away!

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I do not argue from a point of fear. That is propaganda liberally distributed by the afflicted and their supporters.

This is not a phobia. This is a normal human reaction, negative, to the aberrant, which violates natural law.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

I respect your right to be what you want to be and do what you want to do so long as it doesn't affect other people. But from your post allow me to suggest this idea. You say you were born a male. If so...then you are still a male regardless of physical modification. You may identify differently, but you are physically, biologically still a male. The ladies/women's room is for women only. I have to assume women like it that way too. So why should you, not being a woman be allowed to go into a place specifically for women only and a place where the women inside don't want you...a male?

I'm not saying this to be rude. But while you have a problem due to your situation with where you go when you have to go...is it fair that you place multiple women in a bad situation? It almost comes off like "I'm more important and screw everyone else". You made choices to become what you are now. Why do others have to accept responsibility, discomfort, etc. for your choices? The moment your personal choice affects someone else negatively...you are the problem...not them.

Again...not trying to be mean. Just the way I see it.
edit on 12/26/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Nature has laws?? Where can they be found? What do they say? I must know for i now am in fear of breaking nature's laws. Who will punish me and how if I break them? I must know please tell me.

a reply to: 123143

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You know that...you are just picking on the person's choice of words...again.

No. I'm pointing out that people don't always know what they are talking about. Sometimes, just sometimes, that can cause them to reconsider things.

If so...I apologize. But there are many people here that take your position, that don't discuss but simply attack and knit-pick other's comments. That is what it looked like to me.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well thanks Doc for sharing your most enlightened opinion with us. Golf clap for you and a lollipop but be warned it has tranny coodies. In all seriousness though you can forgo any and all correspondence directly to me as I will not respond as I have absolutely the same amount of respect for as you do me, none. Good day Sir.

reply to: WeAreAWAKE

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Not exactly the same thing as a civilian situation, is it?

My point is if the hard ass male military mind can handle it then anyone can. BTW a lot of retirees and family members go to the gym too and they are civilian. In this case the person was forced to retire with the desire change he/she wanted, but it didn't stop her from going to the gym afterwards as a retiree.

But what about my point that in either case it is the same.
edit on 26-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

How is it a lack of respect to point out that you decided to do something and now you want others to deal with the ramifications? This is no different (really) than someone who tattoos their face and then acts like a victim when no one wants to hire them for a job.

But you're not responding anyway so I'm wasting my time trying to speak logically to you.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

is it fair that you place multiple women in a bad situation?

I would like to address this part as I previously did not even read that far. Again thank you for implying that my presence among women is a "bad situation" I can not even take this OPINION seriously as none of my previous experience leads me to believe that any of the woman I blended in with felt uneasy or like they were in a "bad situation"

Therein lies evidence of your disdain and disrespect for me that you assume based on god only knows what knowledge or experience that I cause women to quake and tremble at my presence.

edit on 26-12-2015 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

The women in my family and extended family have been in this situation for many years. They do NOT like these people in the womens' room.

THEY ARE UNCOMFORTABLE, BUT TOO POLITE TO OBJECT.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

First...I have no personal issue with you as a person. Whatever you identify as is your decision. Fair enough? But my question is still why do you think you have a right and why do you feel comfortable making a personal decision for yourself and then requiring others to deal with the ramifications of your decision? I'm sorry, but the fact is you created the situation...it is unfair to force others to deal with it. I'm sure you would feel the same way about other topics with the same result.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Well we all have choices to make now don't and we don't always like other peoples choices now do we? I'm going to do me and if somebody does not like it then they are free to express that opinion just as I am free to disregard it.

Please inform me of any and all lasting ramifications your "relatives" experienced and where geographically please, this is relevant. Otherwise your opinion is purely anecdotal.
edit on 26-12-2015 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I couldn't help myself, curiosity killed the cat they say. What ramifications are you referring to? reply to: WeAreAWAKE

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
Well we all have choices to make now don't and we don't always like other peoples choices now do we? I'm going to do me and if somebody does not like it then they are free to express that opinion just as I am free to disregard it.

Please inform me of any and all lasting ramifications your "relatives" experienced and where geographically please, this is relevant. Otherwise your opinion is purely anecdotal.
Everyone is allowed to make choices. When your choices affect others it has gone too far. When you act like that is "too bad" for the other people...it has gotten out of hand. That is not only logic and truth, it is how people run their lives. Respectable people don't go around making problems for others in dealing with their own.

Based upon your responses...you do. So yeah...I think our discussion is pointless.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
PS: If others don't like your life choices...screw them. They don't have to. Unless you inflict your life choices upon them. Then you make it their problem.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join