It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students protest transgender invasion of privacy

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

You are arguing/debating. And since you acknowledge that your argument is based on emotion and not logic, then your issue is no more valid than the counter-issue from the people you assume are also arguing from emotion.

Therefore you are saying your issue has no more substance than the opposing issue. So you are going in circles with yourself. Very emotional.

Have a good night.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Thread closed for review.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

ATTENTION!

We are opening this thread back up.

Keep the following in mind when posting in this thread:

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

YOU are responsible for your posts.

All members will STOP making posts about each other, or discussing each other. That is considered Off Topic. Discuss the topic of the OP, and not each other:

Go After The Ball, Not The Player.

Please also stay within the ATS Terms and Conditions when discussing this subject. Specifically:

15b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums on the Websites, and will neither Post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.

Anymore violations of all that I have posted will result in post removals and post bans handed out.

It will also make us shut this thread down again, and leave it that way.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

What, exactly, is the point you're trying to make?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It is a happy medium....one which adapts to the changing gender demographical landscape.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I find myself stunned that this is still even an issue.

If you feel you are transgendered, then you should expect that you will have to use separate facilities, and/or your physical gender's facilities until you transition completely.

To expect more is pretty selfish, and disrespectful of others.

After all, my feelings, your feeling, their feelings do not trump another's. And when you are insisting that YOU be allowed to use facilities meant for the gender you feel you are, you are basically saying that YOUR feelings are more important than another's.

It's not right. In any way. You cannot trample on other's rights to privacy based on feelings. You do not have any kind of right to not have your feelings hurt. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. life sucks, and you just have to deal with your decisions.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

Very, very few in today's victim mentality world see things as such.

I am perfectly glad to see that I am not alone in this....

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: nullafides

Right, then how's this? Every student gets their own assigned cubicle, that only they can access. It will contain their locker, which will be steam proof, as well as a shower for their personal use. The whole time they are in ANY state of undress, they are to remain inside the cubicle.

In a perfect world...you are right. But considering budgets, money, etc. how about this. We make rooms for the males and rooms for the females? That should be sufficient while keeping it within an acceptable dollar amount. The gender identification mess has gotten out of control. Following the same logic, every race, religion and nationality would have separate rooms. Every size, shape and hair color also. Yes...the locker room isn't always a comfortable place. But the separation of male and female should be quite enough for everyone.

Unless...there is a personal agenda involved. You know, like one group wanting special treatment or forced acceptance.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Being honest, this self confidence issue only begins with parents making their children feel like they must hide themselves away. Most children and teens grow up to around 18 or even later before ever showing themselves to another human being and you wonder why they have confidence issues. Its an obvious why.

What is happening in this world is everyone and everything thing is becoming soft for the younger generation wanting everything to fit them just fineeee....

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I am puzzled that some people "in transition" are offended by a private dressing room.

I'd have killed for such a thing because of its absolute privacy.

I don't think ANYONE should have to disrobe and shower with strangers. We have little enough privacy in this world as it is.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143

I am puzzled that some people "in transition" are offended by a private dressing room.

What makes you think they are offended? Ostracized is probably a better word.

edit on 12/26/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The school districts should just say "fine, we can't find a workable solution that all parties agree to, so we have made the decision to close all public schools as of next week. You can all homeschool."

As absurd as that may sound, I would bet dollars to donuts that all parties would find an acceptable solution, on their own, in minutes.

We should not want the state to legislate solutions for us, unless absolutely necessary. Our rights are diminished the instant they do.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

That's too bad. As the minority they should expect to accede to the majority. It is the most sensible solution.

This ain't Burger King. Not everyone can have it their way, right away.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

As the minority they should expect to accede to the majority.

Right. Them darkies too. They get uppity now and again, don't they. Wanting to use the same bathrooms and drinking fountains as us. Don't they know there's more of us?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Right. Them darkies too. They get uppity now and again, don't they. Wanting to use the same bathrooms and drinking fountains as us. Don't they know there's more of us?

I told you that I don't play those games. If you want to play advocatus diaboli that's fine. Include me out.

This issue isn't remotely related. We're talking about sexuality and pubescent teens being exposed to the opposite sex in an intimate environment designed to segregate the sexes for privacy, dignity and respect.

Like I said, life ain't Burger King.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

This issue isn't remotely related.
No? I mentioned being ostracized and you said:

Quite explicit, according to you, minorities should expect to accede to the majority. Just roll over and fall in step.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143

That's too bad. As the minority they should expect to accede to the majority. It is the most sensible solution.

This ain't Burger King. Not everyone can have it their way, right away.

You don't live in a Democracy. You live in a Republic (USA).

These two forms of government: Democracy and Republic, are not only dissimilar but antithetical, reflecting the sharp contrast between (a) The Majority Unlimited, in a Democracy, lacking any legal safeguard of the rights of The Individual and The Minority, and (b) The Majority Limited, in a Republic under a written Constitution safeguarding the rights of The Individual and The Minority . . . www.lexrex.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You threw the race card. It is an all too familiar tactic in this forum.

Yes, I said the minority need to accede to majority. We are not discussing race. We are discussing sexuality. Apples and oranges.

If you can't see that there's nothing I can do to cure your blindness.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The United States ceased being a Republic a long time ago.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
"Pick and choose your accepted minority"

Interesting.

new topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join