It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students protest transgender invasion of privacy

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

they better watch out for this guy then.

link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: DBCowboy

The transgendered felt uncomfortable.

You believe that the person involved feels comfortable in either communal locker room?

Apparently this boy who thinks he is a girl was uncomfortable in the boy's room, and felt uncomfortable (excluded?) in a private room.

link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu
I was talking about all of the kids who feel "uncomfortable" in a locker room. Because private rooms are the only way to prevent that.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Transgendered who feel uncomfortable in the locker room have rights.

Yes. The right to be uncomfortable in the locker room of the gender with which they identify.

I expected better of you.

Are you saying that the rights of the transgendered are equal to the rights of the teenaged girls?

link   
Turning down a private room is pure petulance. There is an element of selfishness involved there.

link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

You believe that the person involved feels comfortable in either communal locker room?

Apparently this boy who thinks he is a girl was uncomfortable in the boy's room, and felt uncomfortable (excluded?) in a private room.

I don't know how the person felt about it. You are talking about the legal aspects of requiring her to be isolated.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

how is your emotion more valid than the emotion you think we are feeling?

Am I arguing that?
I mean, I think it is, because your emotions seem to be "deride and discriminate against the people who are different" and I think that makes you kind of a load of jerk wads, but I'm not actually asking you to accept that, that would be ridiculous.
The difference between you and me, is that I don't actually care about other people's sexuality. It's a non-issue to me. Live and let live, as they say.
It only becomes an issue for me when people make it an issue, by screwing over others for their own ridiculous and selfish reasons.
I'd be interested in talking to the girls who made the complaint. You..? Not so much, any longer.

1) Ever heard of 'moobs'?
2) Sex-associated? Breasts are for feeding babies. Are you trying to argue from a cultural standpoint?

Yes.
I am. Because it is a CULTURAL issue. Purely cultural. Girls and boys don't even need to have separate locker rooms to begin with if we aren't looking at it from a cultural perspective so the topic is completely pointless.

Ignorance is ignoring basic biology for an emotional argument.

I fail to see why "basic" biology matters. Females cannot be impregnated by eyesight, so why are the locker rooms separate again?
Oh, right... Emotions.

Goodbye.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Are you saying that the rights of the transgendered are equal to the rights of the teenaged girls?

Yes.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn

Yes. Biology. You are talking about someone's SEX. Gender is a psychological thing, and is on a continuum.

But anyway, I thought it was the penis that made someone male, not the Y chromosome? /s

Gender is assigned based on genitalia.

"Continuum" - psycho-babble BS. That is where you will definitely be talking to a brick wall.

The Y chomosome produces the hormones that modify the existing female sexual organs into male. Including penis. Even an XXY, or even more rare XXXY will have some type of rudimentary penis. So the Y is the better way to determine sex/gender.

But my stance is 'No penis in the girl's room.' If they actually have been surgically mutilated, then fair enough. If they are willing to go that far and some doctor is willing to harm them to promote a mental delusion I guess they can undress next to some girls.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I am following the slippery slope that your logic is going towards.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

So the biological boy is not going into a girl's locker room to shower and change clothes?

To shower and change clothes. Not to flash a penis at the girls.

And... you think he will go to a back corner, thereby excluding himself just as much as being in a private room? He'll wait until all the other girls are done and leave? Tuck the penis between his legs?

If he's stripping, mingling, and dangling then he's flashing. His intent does not matter, only the impact on the girls. I have been told this repeatedly in HR seminars: Intent does not trump Impact. We have to be careful of triggers and micro-inequities, after all.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

But my stance is 'No penis in the girl's room.'
Ah. So it's the dangly thing that's so important to you. Interesting obsession.

Prior to beginning high school, Student A presented a female appearance, completed a legal name change, obtained a passport reflecting a gender change, received a diagnosis of and treatment of gender dysphoria, and had begun an ongoing course of hormone therapy.

www.bizneworleans.com... cker-Room/

Just a boy who wants to flash and check out the girls. Yup.

edit on 12/25/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I am following the slippery slope that your logic is going towards.

Social reactionaries are big on "slippery slopes."

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I was talking about all of the kids who feel "uncomfortable" in a locker room. Because private rooms are the only way to prevent that.

Tell that to the boy who thinks he's a girl. You know, the one who didn't want to be in a private room.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Yes.

But you said the teenaged girls HAD no right to privacy in a high school locker room.

So which is it?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Always the dangly bit. It's only ever the dangly bit that matters.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
How do you know she didn't want to be in a private room?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

But you said the teenaged girls HAD no right to privacy in a high school locker room.

Not exactly.
I said that they did not have privacy before this.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

I don't know how the person felt about it. You are talking about the legal aspects of requiring her to be isolated.

You said yourself there is no right to privacy in a communal restroom/locker room. Sounds like if this boy wants to be with his peers he should be with the other boys in the boy's room. Then he wouldn't be isolated.

Side thought: if we can legally require the boys to be in the boy's room, and the girls to be in the girl's room, then why can't the so-called 'trans' be legally required to be in a 'trans room'?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

You said yourself there is no right to privacy in a communal restroom/locker room

Um no. I said there is no privacy in a communal locker room.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join