It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students protest transgender invasion of privacy

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143
a reply to: Annee

The United States ceased being a Republic a long time ago.

Guess you need to back up that statement if you want it to stick.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143

Yes, I said the minority need to accede to majority.

Yes. I know.

We are not discussing race. We are discussing sexuality. Apples and oranges.
And, as a member of a majority, that means that you get to decide which minorities count and which don't.
You've made that clear.

edit on 12/26/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
"Pick and choose your accepted minority"

Interesting.

Like Phage, you play games.

Common sense based on biology should be the determining factor. Hard facts.

Men don't belong in the womens' locker room/bathroom.

Women don't belong in the mens' room/bathroom.

I don't care about your deluded beliefs that you are something other than what your chromosomes indicate.

I'm not into encouraging mental illness.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

The United States ceased being a Republic a long time ago.

Guess you need to back up that statement if you want it to stick.

The United States is an oligarchy operating under a shell government.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Where do lesbians belong? I mean, isn't that an invasion of privacy? To have someone who may be sexually attracted to you, looking at you all nekkid?

I don't care about your deluded beliefs that you are something other than what your chromosomes indicate.

Ah. I guess they should be kept away from everyone. Put 'em in the nuthouse. Or at least provide therapy.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Where do lesbians belong?

Unfortunately, the womens' room.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

So what's to stop me from deciding that "today" I feel like a woman and want to use the female facilities?

Where does it end?
edit on 26-12-2015 by 200Plus because: poor wording on my part

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Where does it end?

Probably, around here somewhere:

Prior to beginning high school, Student A presented a female appearance, completed a legal name change, obtained a passport reflecting a gender change, received a diagnosis of and treatment of gender dysphoria, and had begun an ongoing course of hormone therapy.

www.bizneworleans.com... cker-Room/

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Did it still have a penis?

Yes?

MENS' ROOM.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

You really have a thing about penises, don't you?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You really have a thing about penises, don't you?

More games.

It's biology. A lot of people have them. It is merely a means of distinguishing male from female.

But then you already know that.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

A lot of people have them.
Yes. I know. So what's the big deal?

It is merely a means of distinguishing male from female.
Yeah, I know. The world is a nice simple, cozy, place. Funny, when I was younger, people said the same thing about long hair.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Arrgh! This is such a frustrating topic and as I said earlier, is complicated with no easy answers. I'd also like to suggest people read the linked article in the OP. The issue is NOT that these girls have to see this transgender girl change clothes, it is that she can see them. I wrote this post last night before the thread was closed and have made some edits to remain more on topic. Some of my comments are going to stand.

I do see a lot of things that people misunderstand, misinterpret or are just flat willfully ignorant about and can only address a few and apologies if my quotes are not properly attributed. I'm also going to toss in some more photos of these girls that some insist should use the boy's facilities. Most of these kids have fought and won legal battles or their trans status has somehow been made public. There are hundreds and hundreds of these kids living quietly and flying under the radar in schools all across the country.

They cease being children at puberty when all kinds of things happen...

The transgender girl, Student A from the OP's story socially transitioned in grade school. Her name has been legally changed and she is listed as a female in the school records and is allowed to compete in sports on the girl's teams. As far as puberty, Student A has not gone through male puberty but was on blockers and now estrogen therapy so other than menarche, her changes from puberty are like any other girls.

those who are confused by their anatomy

Transgender teens that are to the point of taking cross sex hormones are not confused. They are not boys that "think" they are girls, they know it unquestionably and unflinchingly and just want to live normal lives. They will have also undergone years of psychiatric and psychological evaluation and counseling so this is not some kind of phase or self-deception. Nobody wants to be this way for fun or would put up with this crap if it wasn't fundamentally crucial for their survival.

Allowing a person to continue believing they are the wrong gender then allowing themselves to irreversibly mutilate themselves surgically and/or undergo traumatic hormonal therapies is ignorant and pandering.

I try to play nice and avoid name calling and pointing fingers as much as possible but this statement is the embodiment of ignorance and transphobic rhetoric lifted nearly verbatim straight from anti-trans propaganda. Try some science and research and maybe an original thought once and a while. Better yet, get to know a trans person.

Gender is assigned based on genitalia

Sex is assigned at birth based on genitalia. Sex and gender are not the same thing. In kindergarten terms, one is between the legs and the other between the ears. For most people, these things match. For trans people, they don't.

Oh, there's so much more I could say but when minds are willfully closed, what's the point?

Again, the girls that have complained have not said it was because they have seen Student A's penis or that they had to see her change clothes. They complained because this person could see them change.

Curiously, these girls have also said that if Student A had undergone sex reassignment surgery, it wouldn't matter if she was in their changing room as if that is somehow going to make a difference? She's going to be the exact same person with the same thoughts, feelings and attitudes so how does that make these other girls feel less uncomfortable?

I am not blind to both sides of this argument and don't have easy answers that automatically apply to all situations. I can tell you these kids only want to be accepted for who they are like everyone else and not reduced to walking genitals or be singled out and treated like freaks. I can also say with a fair degree of certainty the last thing in the world that most if not all of these teen trans girls would want is for their male body parts to be seen or acknowledged. To them, it is a disfigurement or error of birth, unwanted, unused and horrifically embarrassing so the notion that they are going to be proudly parading around naked simply isn't true.

Don't know about you but these kids seen pretty harmless and innocent to me. Nobody wants to be pointed out as different or special but these kids do face some difficult challenges that most can hardly imagine and that puts them at risk for abuse, violence and suicide. I'm not for the government forcing anybody to do anything but if "forced acceptance" is what it takes so that these kids grow up to lead happy and productive lives, then whatever it takes even if a few "normal" kids have to be uncomfortable once and a while. Yeah, I have an agenda - that trans kids be accepted for their identities and personalities and not be ostracized, segregated and discriminated against because of how they were born.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

"Pick and choose your accepted minority"

Interesting.

Like Phage, you play games.

Common sense based on biology should be the determining factor. Hard facts.

The fact you are ignorant of Transgender, is your issue.

My minority exclusion experience was growing up with a physically disabled mother from the 50s polio epidemic.

We were thrown out of restaurants because it made others uncomfortable, even got thrown out of clothing stores, denied memberships to sports clubs, etc ---- because it might offend someone.

And don't tell me it's not the same thing. People have prejudices, hang-ups, against those who are different or don't fit in.

Transgender is not about sex. If sex is an issue for you, then it is lesbians you should be concerned about.

edit on 26-12-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject
Being honest, this self confidence issue only begins with parents making their children feel like they must hide themselves away. Most children and teens grow up to around 18 or even later before ever showing themselves to another human being and you wonder why they have confidence issues. Its an obvious why.

What is happening in this world is everyone and everything thing is becoming soft for the younger generation wanting everything to fit them just fineeee....

Its hard for me to tell this is directed at my post since its not linked but this reply lay in my inbox, so I'll stab at it.

I agree self awareness begins young, usually when the parents say, you're too old to run around without any clothes on.

Kids go, Thats wrong, okay got it. Then later they are embarrassed in the locker room because their winky isn't as big or they aren't as tall or to fat or goofy looking with freckles, red hair… in other words different.

The important thing is kids should be taught to deal with embarrassment, teasing, bullying , to be patient, to overlook, to share, instead of remaining self centered, selfish or mean.

All kids explore early on, finding their limits. Its mostly up to parents to give them those coping skills. 'Schools' don't teach that, they punish "bad behavior'. Churches don't do it, they tell fairy tales, peers don't do it, they are the oppressors at that young age.

if parents don't give the kids alternate behavior choices, they will just adopt the mob mentality for the rest of their life, remaining selfish, self centered and uncaring towards others.

Childish adults is what we get.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Brainwashing 100% successful. You got all the NewSpeak just right.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
There is a simple remedy regardless of how you feel in your head; whatever DNA you have determines where go to change. It cannot be anymore simple. I mean, how can anyone deny their DNA?
edit on 26-12-2015 by Lanisius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Brainwashing 100% successful. You got all the NewSpeak just right.

Excellent! Thank you.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Lanisius

It cannot be anymore simple. I mean, how can anyone deny their DNA?

Sex is not determined by DNA.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Here we go again. What he meant was that you are born (for the vast majority) either male or female. That never changes. Any changes are either mental or an elaborate disguise. A person remains the gender they were born regardless. You know that...you are just picking on the person's choice of words...again.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join