It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six GOP Hopefuls Vow To Enshrine Anti-Gay Discrimination Into Law

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: elitegamer23

we used to go out for sunday dinner or coffee after church services. there would always be at least a couple loud boisterous people within our ranks that just had to let the whole restaurant know that they were christians....just about the whole time we were there.

I dare say that there a few restaurants that would be more justified in banning the christians an hour or two after the churches let out than anyone wanting to ban the gays for any reason.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I really think a lot of this is "people don't like one another." It could be pheromones and not the kind you slather all over yourself from a bottle. It could be something else. But at its base level its not gonna change. People just don't like each other.
They only think its "intellectual" or some other-
edit on 19-12-2015 by breakingbs because: left out word

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

I kind of think it's mostly politicians trying to pander for votes myself...
look at all the hoopla over planned parenthood,
nothing illegal has been found...
the states who have tried to defund them have been stopped by the courts...
and well, the congress in washington is just one big joke anyways...
but it did cause a few voters to come to life!

and at the end of the day, hey, those two sides can get along just fine...passing laws that make both the conservative and the liberal liberal voters go wtf!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Well yeah, and there is the whole "contingent of people who manufacture all this stuff" and at the end of the day go home and slap backs with one another but you don't ever really see any one of those...

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I have to agree that this is absurd. I am not a fan of home-sexuality at all nor am I a fan of abortion. But guess what. I don't have to be. But to discriminate against others because I don't like or feel comfortable with something is simply not tolerable and is unacceptable. I am far from being politically correct but I am against spouting hatred towards other for anything. I am for people's personal liberties and that is being able to make there own choices regarding there own bodies and sexuality. What others do regarding there health and in there bedroom is their business and no one else should have a say. It's not an excuse to discriminate or to treat fellow human being as second class citizens.

I will be contacting my local representatives on this for certain regarding accountability on the legislation and I advice everyone do the same regarding there concerns whatever they may be.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
So when the candidates were constantly talking about keeping America safe, this is the plan? To keep Americans safe from the gays? I'm sure you will all sleep better tonight. No I forget you obviously have a lot to fear in america. Land of the free home of the brave. Lmao

A militant society that hates on gays, not all too different from those ISIS people they hate for being so regressive.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Flint2011 But see your position still sounds as if you are pointing out squarely republicans. Its all the badgering. Trying to win an election and stir up a frenzy. Centrists don't speak this way. Republicans dont either?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Agreed agreed agreed

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

I am a republican. I know all too well what this thing is they call republican is versus what it really is. Blame the damn GOP. I am ashamed to cal myself a republican.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Flint2011

Ohhh. A glutton for punishment. Well whatever goes on in your bedroom-... ah nevermind. I voted republican twice

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I just wish Christians would just stop worrying about other peoples genitalia, and what people are doing with their genitalia.

Creeping Christian Evangelicalism....no different from creeping Sharia, folks....or Jim Crow....

....or...Creeping Death....

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: flyingfish

"genitalia." You said "genit-"

Heh. Christians. Genitalia and Christians, Christians genitalia and-

Sorry i now digress

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

As an employer I cannot emphasize enough the irrelevance this bill has.

You see, what a person does with their penis or vagina is totally irrelevant in regards to how that individual can execute their job description and adhere to safety policies and ensure they go home at night as healthy as when they arrived.

I hope this makes sense, and that we are not going to let the propaganda guide our better judgement.

My tolerance stops when politicians start speaking and climbs in an exponential manner when they take actions.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I dont think its the pnv anyone cares about though, as far as I knew this particular bill avoids that altogether...? I thought the deal was more not wanting, people showing up making issue with their moral circumstance?

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I'm asking you if you agree with the law or not. Your OP is clearly against it. Therefore you believe the government should discriminate against religious people for those reasons.

The religious right is not being discriminated against. First off, the government is not forcing them into same sex unions nor are they forced into performing sexual acts without their consent by the government. Secondly, they are choosing to use religion to make a political statement and deny services on that basis.

Now religious institutions/churches are are free to exercise religious freedom and choose not to perform the ceremony; however, county clerks and municipalities are going to be responsible regardless. They represent a cross-section of america containing multiple religions or moral values and are expected to enforce the law. They are not permitted to legislate based on their own opinions.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Cypress

This whole subject makes my skin crawl.

From the religious point of view either you accept that God made everything - which is what you preach - so what right do you have to criticise the fact, and its a fact that God made some people homosexual. Get over it or rewrite your religion honestly and don't cherry pick what suits you and ignore the rest as an inconvenience to your delicate sensitivities.

To the rest of us, I had a shock in truth when I learned more about homosexual practices (which I had to when I trained) and some of them did disgust me, but that's my sensitivities. However what goes on in someone's bedroom between them and the one they want to be with is private between consenting individuals.

From the moral perspective and in light of the bathhouse experiences and deaths due probably to the sheer numbers of partners and obviously AIDS etc surely encouraging marriage to one partner is far better all round if you think about it. A happy same-sex marriage surely is a better home than an unhappy heterosexual marriage?

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Cypress

I would have to agree that they should not being forced into accepting same sex acts by the government, as why would someone under that context bring up hillary clinton? And therein is the problem: whats good for some is not good for some others because some might try hitching their circumstance to the government under specifically that banner. I mean what if a bunch of republicans went on a spree of "investigating" people in a certain manner in a cold room with instruments??? Who would want any of that?? You? But here we have what looks like that with a bunch of overly aggressive, well, people talking about acceptance and throwing glitter into buildings, bringing busloads of teenage janet renos. For what, a conversation? About acceptance? To make everyone sick?

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I don't believe God made people homosexual, and to me that seems kind of defeatist. Also not everyone is reacting to "shock" over "acts" I think they just don't want a big disturbance all of the time, like at the workplace. I admit I have no clue what goes on, like as in discrimination
edit on 20-12-2015 by breakingbs because: edit

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs
a reply to: Shiloh7

I don't believe God made people homosexual, and to me that seems kind of defeatist. Also not everyone is reacting to "shock" over "acts" I think they just don't want a big disturbance all of the time, like at the workplace.

God didn't make cars, guns, airplanes, computers, or plastics either yet you aren't prejudiced against them in your daily life I assume.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Plastics maybe, I get sick of tupperware sometimes because its the third dimension and that is sometimes just not cool. Jokes aside were talking about one's ability to make decisions and not objects people make with no autonomy.

edit on 20-12-2015 by breakingbs because: i made a decision

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join