It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six GOP Hopefuls Vow To Enshrine Anti-Gay Discrimination Into Law

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I never remarked that God had factories did I?

I referred to humans who claim God made them in his own image (unlike cars and tv's) thereby giving them some extra sanctity over the animals, plants and minerals etc.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

His reply was to the republican a7$ehole.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

I see your point about it appearing to be defeatist, but what about people born androgynous/hermaphrodite? Do you not think that God created these people?

We are down to a very basic argument in that surely God gives each individual 'life'. Some die in the womb but if you accept that all life derives from God and made in his image (which is the religious view) then how do you explain that he chooses to give life to homosexuals and people born androgynous etc?

I know some go with the idea that the above traits are leaned behaviour, but doesn't both medical and scientific proof say not? Also these traits are reflected in the animal and plant kingdoms also.

How do you satisfactorily explain these two different types of humans without being hard-line but being realistic according to your beliefs? I cynically just see the desert religions priesthoods deciding that the people must breed so everyone must marry to provide them with followers and financial contributors to their livings, which is certainly a motive for them.

I am pagan and know in the ancient world these traits were not demonised but accepted as normal for some. You only have to look at the world Hermaphrodite to see its a combination of Hermes and Aphrodite in fact there is a statue of Aphrodite living her skirts to show male genitalia. If it didn't shock the ancient world, why should it shock our modern one? We actually have gone backwards despite being told not to judge others.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

It says his reply was to me - but never mind.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

People always bring up hermaphrodites though when this subject comes up and i circle back to the conclusion that not everyone can be as they deem it intersex.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Actually scratch that. Scratch that entirely, the church reccomends celibacy. I am not quite sure where people come off thinking everythings shocking tho. Maybe some peoples personal opinion from the past? In fact I only remember saying that I wasn't.

edit on 20-12-2015 by breakingbs because: none

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes, the right sucks. But voting just for the left won't solve anything.

Remains to be seen, doesn't it? What do you suggest for a solution? Doing nothing?

No, it doesn't remain to be seen. We've already seen it.

The left had full control for two full years. The only thing they did was Obamacare. A massive failure, that has done nothing but raise prices for everyone who isn't on Medicare.

They could have used that time to do important things, like you know, jobs and the economy.

The economy has not recovered fully yet, and it has gotten where it is today in spite of the left, not because of them.

That being said, the opposition to gay rights is one of the things I do indeed fault the right for. They need to drop it, they are not winning new followers with that stance.

Being an Independent, I'm at least smart enough to know that no political party is 100% correct on everything. I find the zealots of either side to be just as stupid and ignorant as the other.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

YES IT DOES remain to be seen.

I spent this morning watching the Dem debate that took place last night.
The Dems have plans to MOVE FORWARD to fix things. All 3 of them.

The GOPs are doing nothing but causing division and deflecting from the issues.

At least you agree about the anti-gay thing.

Like I said earlier in the thread - things are changing very fast. "This is a 'watershed' election", said one of them.
We CAN NOT keep going like we are. The economy favors the uber-rich, and that needs to stop.
edit on 12/20/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

It begs the question..
Is it not obvious to religious folk that your deity is always created in "your" image?
Who does your deity take after, white/Caucasian, Mongoloid/Asian, Negroid/Black, or Australoid?

Will your deity evolve in a million years? Or will humanity abandon it's binky, fear of death and embrace it's one moment in the light, it's one and only life?

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: flyingfish

EXCELLENT questions. Since 'religious folk' will probably opt out of responding, I will:

Is it not obvious to religious folk that your deity is always created in "your" image?
I don't think it is (obvious to them).

Who does your deity take after, white/Caucasian, Mongoloid/Asian, Negroid/Black, or Australoid?

Ted Cruz and John Hagee??

Will your deity evolve in a million years?

Doesn't everything??? Oh, wait - nope. Their deity just gets moldier and crustier and develops more oozing sores. (Aside from being completely absent all the time). Ew.

Or will humanity abandon it's binky, fear of death and embrace it's one moment in the light, it's one and only life?

LET'S HOPE SO!!!

edit on 12/20/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

What the hell are you going on about? Your quote says that the federal government can't take action against a person for following their beliefs. Where is that wrong? Don't you voice and exercise your beliefs within the boundaries of the law? Unless...of course...you think that if I think differently than you or believe differently than you that I should be punished for my beliefs.

If people couldn't speak and act upon their beliefs, especially gay rights, they wouldn't be able to legally marry. The fact that you don't like the fact that some people will never accept gay marriage, etc. doesn't change the fact. And you have no right to take away an individual's right to speak and act to support their morals and values.

Jeeeez! Hypocrite much?

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
And having just read the recent posts...I won't argue but give you a different perspective. The left has drug America into the trash can. Obama by plan has tarnished us, made us week and broke. Again...I won't debate these facts but the bottom line is this. If a democrat wins the Presidency, America is doomed. Yes...you will get a false utopia and pat each other on the back but in the end, it can't and won't be sustainable, you will be destroyed from within by those you allow to come here that hate us. They will have no love for you just because you believe differently...they hate us because we are not them.

Anyway...if a democrat is elected...I will be here, there and everywhere I can to point at you when America is dead.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

link   

link   

you have no right to take away an individual's right to speak and act to support their morals and values.

Religious actions have always been limited. People can believe whatever they want, but if someone believes their god wants them to sacrifice a person that is not permitted.

Actions are limited.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

you have no right to take away an individual's right to speak and act to support their morals and values.

Religious actions have always been limited. People can believe whatever they want, but if someone believes their god wants them to sacrifice a person that is not permitted.

Actions are limited.

Of course...so I ask, what is the OP about then? People have a right to say what they believe and follow their beliefs WITHIN THE LAW. As long as they do so, there shouldn't be an issue. Someone here appears to have an issue with that.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
ATTENTION:

Please discontinue the personal jabs or harsher actions may follow.

Do not reply to this post.

Blaine91555

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

This OP is about the fact that their trying to enshrine a Christian Sharia precept into US law.

And that that is against the existing constitution

edit on 20-12-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join