It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here’s What a Man Who Studied Every Suicide Attack in the World Says About ISIS’ Motives

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: sHuRuLuNi

suicide and martyrdom are not the same

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Yes, seriously.

So, you're an "expert" ? Have you been studying all terrorist attacks since 1980?

To claim to know the motivations of any one man is ludicrous.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113

suicide and martyrdom are not the same

yes they are, in islam. you do NOT have the right to take even your OWN life, because you did not give yourself the soul - it was God who gave it you, and only he can take it away.

if you intend to say now - "martirdom" is when they not only kill themself but also kill others - and in the case of suicide bombers, or "terrorists" that means usually killing civilians - then that is a DOUBLE prohibition!

In islam you are not allowed to kill yourself and you are not allowed to kill civilians. If you kill ONE civilian it is, according to Qur'an, the same as if you killed the WHOLE MANKIND.

You CANNOT in any way justify this.

So, if some "terrorist" is "justifying" these killings then he is going DIRECTLY against GOD.

There is a definition in Qur'an about a person who goes directly against God - it is "KAFIR".

So, the terrorists are KUFAR (plural of Kafir) which is a directly opposite to MUSLIM.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

"It has little to do with religion, more to do with brainwashing and indoctrination posing as religion and money for their kin."

i mean if you say extremists aren't real muslims, they would disagree with you. the only way to tell if a religion is true is if its peaceful? should i disregard what the texts actually say and interpret them in X way?

In the broader sense Islam doesn't condone murder. The switch made in the news media is by word association.

"Islamic extremist" coupled with a story about an attack in which the attackers die by combat or their own hand, "committing suicide".

As far as asking the dead "terrorists" their belief in God or what not, they're dead… can't ask them what they thought or believed or were led, manipulated or forced to do. Except that one guy…

edit on 13-12-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=20147404]vjr1113[/post
"It has little to do with religion, more to do with brainwashing and indoctrination posing as religion and money for their kin."

Seems on par for most prominent religions that are around today.

i mean if you say extremists aren't real muslims, they would disagree with you. the only way to tell if a religion is true is if its peaceful? should i disregard what the texts actually say and interpret them in X way?

Well, that is what interpretation means. It's no different than any other religion or ideology. Two people can read the same story yet get different lessons from it. How is that possible since they both read the same information??? Because what someone reads or hears isn't always understood the same way as others. Information that someone takes in doesn't mean they'll use it correctly. Taking in information isn't the same as learning or understanding.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Beheading and blowing up innocent people IS serial killer behavior.

Put whatever label you like on this. These animals enjoy killing for the sake of killing.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

its not my fault the Quran is vague and contradictory.

link

i can predict your next post. "this is not how these texts should be interpreted" well i hope not. but its evident they are by some.

edit on 13-12-2015 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2015 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

Yes, seriously.

So, you're an "expert" ? Have you been studying all terrorist attacks since 1980?

To claim to know the motivations of any one man is ludicrous.

No, I'm not an expert. But you don't have to be an expert to know the difference between someone who kills people because they simply enjoy killing people and someone who is killing for a reason besides personal enjoyment. Just think about it.

I'm not saying that they actually hate killing others. I don't know all of what motivates them, they might also like doing it for all I know. But that clearly isn't the only reason behind their actions. To think they are all doing it just because it feels good is ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: meemaw

Then you haven't been paying attention. The Muslim community has been denoucing terrorism. Muslim nations have already created a military coalition to fight terrorism.

But that said, didn't you start off by saying you don't hold all Muslims accountable for terrorism? If so, why do you need all Muslims to fight and denounce terrorism?

You need to accept the reality of the situation that there is clearly radical, moderate, and just plain old good hearted Muslims. That goes for any religion ever.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Just because Islam is not the only reason people choose to be a suicide attacker does not mean no one chooses for that reason. It not being the only explanation does not mean it can not be an explanation. It's a logical fallacy.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: meemaw

Then you haven't been paying attention. The Muslim community has been denoucing terrorism. Muslim nations have already created a military coalition to fight terrorism.

Which muslim nations?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

its not my fault the Quran is vague and contradictory.

link

No, it is not vague and contradictory. The biggoted crappy website you linked is vague and contraditcory.

They even try to "twist" clear cut verses on war like "Fight them wherever you find them and drive them out from where they drove you out" . which is a clear historically correct verse talking about the Mekkans who drove the muslims out of Mekka, pillaged their homes etc. The muslims were tortured, constantly attacked then driven out. The verse gives the permission to muslims to finally fight back.

That is JUSTICE.

You shouldn't be reading biggoted crappy websites and "their" interpretation of Qur'an.
You can read right? Then read the Qur'an for yourself, or are you that lazy that you prefer someone to "explain" it to you?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The article states clearly that from 1980 until about 2003, the “world leader” in suicide attacks was the Tamil Tigers. They were a guerrilla organization fighting for independence in Sri Lanka. They were responsible for the greater majority of suicide attacks during those years. They were not motivated by religion but by the desire for independence.

I have no proof, but I suspect that if you remove the numbers dedicated to Sri Lanka infighting what you have left, after 2003, is largely due to religion. The article draws a fine line between religious motivation and using religion to overcome the fear of death and the guilt of killing innocents. Both rely on religion for efficacy.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Yet you're claiming to know the motives too. Quite the paradox.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143
Beheading and blowing up innocent people IS serial killer behavior.

Put whatever label you like on this. These animals enjoy killing for the sake of killing.

Really, well then I guess everyone in the military is a serial killer then based on your reasoning because they kill innocent people too.

You can dumb things down all you want since you seem to be ok with an easy answer regardless of whether it's correct. But don't act as if it's that simple because it's not.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
So we have opinions from a book author.

Great.

Sounds like well funded controlled opposition.

Always "just in time" too.

Fantastic.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

That's not the way it works though. You can't prove a negative, therefore the onus lies upon the one making the claim. In this case the claim is that Islam itself justifies terrorism. Do you truly believe that it does so any more or any less than the other Abrahamic faiths? And can you prove that jihad and martyrdom DO justify terrorism? Are you unfamiliar with the concept of martyrdom in other faiths across the world as well? Christianity has quite a few and the Church of Rome for example, has a habit of making Martyrs into Saints.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

stop you pitiful insults, all you have said is that that's not what those verses really mean.

i guess you really are free to become an apostate and leave islam whenever you want without any retaliation. i wish you would have told that to anyone that was lost their lives in the name of islam. believe what you want.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Arab Nations Offer to Conduct Airstrikes Against ISIS, U.S. Official Says

Your link says "several nations offered". Kind of meaningless. It also specifically says they offered to fight Daesh, not terrorism. So a country that sponsors terrorism offers to attack one terrorist group and they are suddenly anti-terrorism? I think not.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join